Graze - Healthy Food and Stuff

I know most gamers aren't ones to eat healthy food, but I am trying to lose some weight. I got a membership to a healthy snacks ordering thing. They gave me an invite code, so I figured I would share it.

Also, I wondered what the Escapist thought of dieting and eating healthy. Anyone trying to improve their eating habits.

Here is the link with an embedded code: http://www.graze.com/us/p/KP9HTKV

I eat healthy in general.
I eat so healthy that sometimes i dont eat enough calories comapred to the quantity of the actual food.

I think in Japan we have an abundance of healthy choices to choose from, so it is hard to not eat properly.

The day science makes lettuce taste like a succulent steak, is the day I start eating healthy :D

I'm increibly lazy when it comes to my food, I just want something that takes very little effort to prepare and tastes good.

I think dieting, that is a temporary change of eating habits, doesn't really work.
I think in order to loose weight you have to eat less (calories) not necessarily healthier.
I think that most people who fail to make a meaningful change in their lifestyle do so because they have unrealistic and superficial goals.
I think their are many people put there trying to sell you false hope in rapid and permanent changes.
I think that loosing weight is a simple process but a very very hard one.
I hope the best for you.

My housemate gets these delivered. They don't look too bad, but nothing beats cookies and Jaffa cakes for purposes of snacking.

Graze is a ripoff IMO... Four quid for a box?! I'll stick to my fruit thanks, won't be such a pain in my wallet...

I like to eat healthier foods as a substitute for the following.

Pudding -> Yogurt
Chips -> Carrots
Cookies -> Fruit

Oh yeah, Graze are pretty darn good. The only problem is, the good stuff and the mediocre stuff seems to get clumped together. One week I'll get rice crackers, popcorn, flavoured corn sticks and dippy things, and the next it'll all be nuts and dried fruit. I don't mind the dried fruit, it just needs to be offset with tastier stuff, too.

Still, I like it, and I appreciate how they keep building up their catalogue of food to send out.

you should prolly check out this thread is you wanna get into shape http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/538.397895-Getting-into-exercise

I'll gladly claim the free food, but I have no intention of paying for more. I have a meal plan at my university, so I get two meals a day. They don't pile on the food, and I generally only eat what the meal plan gives unless it is sunday, because you only get one meal on sunday, so I snack on ramen noodles, and I am getting comparatively more exercise versus when I was in high school, as now I have to walk to classes, and walk to get food, and I don't get to pig out, so I am noticeably more fit and thinner than I was in school.
(High school at least. I have always been a pretty thin kid, but due to complications with my living arrangements [my mom moved across the country and I moved with her for four years], and the fact that I wasn't really her priority, the fact that we became increasingly low income, the fact that I pretty much started degrading, and that I began to pounce on whatever food was available and became an over-eater, I ended up getting somewhat pudgy. Not fat, mind you. Far from it, but not very skinny like I used to be pre-moving either)

But yeah, so I dropped pretty much any excess weight that I developed from from living with my mom once I moved back in with my dad. I was still not super thin when I moved back, but got quite then once I went to university and lost all ability to over-eat.

Just to be clear, I love my mom very much, but she wasn't cut out to be a single parent. She still tried to take care of me, but things wouldn't have ended well for me if I had stayed with her

Angie7F:
I eat healthy in general.
I eat so healthy that sometimes i dont eat enough calories comapred to the quantity of the actual food.

I think in Japan we have an abundance of healthy choices to choose from, so it is hard to not eat properly.

I dunno, I've been in a lot of elementary schools in Japan where meals were served without vegetables. I often feel like I struggle to get enough vitamins and minerals in Japan, at least until mikans are in season.

But that said, in general I eat healthier in Japan than in the US, and I think the two factors there are that I can find food that isn't especially unhealthy that tastes good, and portion sizes. Whereas in Japan I get stuck with an 8oz soft drink that satisfies my sweet tooth if I don't guzzle it, in the US I see people who think 32 oz of fizzy sugar water just isn't enough. Hell, when mayor Bloomberg talked about limiting drink sizes in New York, Americans started flipping out and talking about their rights being violated.

My first box is coming soon. It looks good, and I'm pretty excited. There is a link. http://grz.cm/b/1VOLN

graze is okay, used it for a while, but ironically used it due to laziness. then i just started buying the things myself and making my own little graze-esq snack packs

BlackStar42:
My housemate gets these delivered. They don't look too bad, but nothing beats cookies and Jaffa cakes for purposes of snacking.

I have a house mate that also gets these delivered, amusingly enough.

They seem a bit steep for what they are.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked