Bring a famous person back from the dead, spend a day with them

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Alright, if you could resurrect a famous deceased person for one day (assuming they're not a rotting zombie and actually look and behave like they did when they were alive), who would you pick and what would you do with them?

For the sake of not getting off topic, let's not bring in factors of how they'd feel about returning to life for a single day. Just assume they're happy to treat you with their presence for 24 hours because they're cool like that.

And I'd like to make a special note of something - Today marks my 1-year anniversary of joining the Escapist and this is my 365th post. Yes, I am a wizard. Bask in my glory.

I'd probably bring back Thomas "Quorthon" Forsberg, musician behind Bathory, simply because he is one of my favourite musicians and, from reading some of his interviews, he must have a wealth of interesting stories to tell. Yeah, that would be it.

Well shit all the cool people can't speak english...
I guess I'll bring back Nikolas Tesla and talk about stuff. By which I mean casually steal all his ideas that never came to fruition and create them myself.

Keoul:
Well shit all the cool people can't speak english...
I guess I'll bring back Nikolas Tesla and talk about stuff. By which I mean casually steal all his ideas that never came to fruition and create them myself.

Edison?

OT: I'd either bring back Hitler for some good old fashioned ball stomping. Or you know, the non retarded option of Amelia Earhart. Just to know what happened. And if I chose Jack the Ripper, things won't go well....

RuedyN:
Edison?

Edison was a butt
Nikola Tesla had cooler stuff as well, an earthquake machine, electricity, tesla lamp, etc.

Keoul:
Edison was a butt
Nikola Tesla had cooler stuff as well, an earthquake machine, electricity, tesla lamp, etc.

Exactly! And I was calling you Edison because you just want to steal his ideas. Bad!

Although an earthquake machine would be on the bitchin' end of the spectrum....

RuedyN:
Exactly! And I was calling you Edison because you just want to steal his ideas. Bad!

You say stealing his ideas.
I say turning his dreams that were impossible to create due to technological restrictions into a reality... and earning a tiny income while I'm at it heeheehee....

Keoul:

RuedyN:

You say stealing his ideas.
I say turning his dreams that were impossible to create due to technological restrictions into a reality... and earning a tiny income while I'm at it heeheehee....

Edison?

RuedyN:
Edison?

Yes, Edison, a nice Edison.
Still... I have the subzero heart badge what did you expect?

Keoul:

RuedyN:
Edison?

Yes, Edison, a nice Edison.
Still... I have the subzero heart badge what did you expect?

A more anti-hero Luigi route of going about things. Perhaps a riddle or two thrown in there. Regardless, there would be hats.

RuedyN:
A more anti-hero Luigi route of going about things. Perhaps a riddle or two thrown in there. Regardless, there would be hats.

I'm sure I can make up some bullshit to justify my actions.

Uhm you're calling me Edison, clearly second place in comparison to Tesla, I am stealing his plans for the advancement of the human race, for the greater good! And riddle me this, would Tesla himself prefer his inventions created by another man yet still accredited to him or lost forever in deepest recess of his mind for all of time?

As for hats, we're both gunna wear one while we discuss his ideas.

There we go!

Either Bill Shankly or Bob Paisley.

Because, by fuck do Liverpool need a decent manager .... even if it's only for 1 day.

SanAndreasSmoke:
Alright, if you could resurrect a famous deceased person for one day (assuming they're not a rotting zombie and actually look and behave like they did when they were alive), who would you pick and what would you do with them?

For the sake of not getting off topic, let's not bring in factors of how they'd feel about returning to life for a single day. Just assume they're happy to treat you with their presence for 24 hours because they're cool like that.

And I'd like to make a special note of something - Today marks my 1-year anniversary of joining the Escapist and this is my 365th post. Yes, I am a wizard. Bask in my glory.

I'd set up two chairs, one for me and one for my guest, then make some herbal tea. I would light a fire in the prepared fireplace, settle into my seat comfortably, then focus on summoning Adam.

Then when the seat remained empty, and I finished my tea, I'd let the fire burn out and go to bed.

Ada Lovelace. Nothing would be cooler than nerding out with the world's first computer programmer.

Nostradamus.

I don't know, maybe just to rub his face in it.

I would probably choose Stevie Ray Vaughan as he is one of my favorite guitarist of all time. I would really love to see him play in front of me and talk about his philosophy on music.
He really had a different vision with music, he had a less ''mechanical'' way of playing music than say John Petrucci or Joe Satriani, he always preferred to approach music with his soul before anything else.

Unfortunatly he died in a helicopter crash in 1990 at the age of 35, still had a long way to go with his musical career. The only way that I was actually able to see him play was through DVD's of live shows such as the amazing Montreux Festival in 1985 and 1982.

Here's one of the show if you're curious:

Too many to just name one. Here's a few of those I'd be interested in, in no particular order (most of these fine individuals do not speak English though, unless translation is part of the deal, that may be an issue.):

Einstein
Tesla
Edison
Sir Newton
Gauss
Mendeleev
Darwin
Plato
Socrates
Archimedes
al-Haytham
Gautama
Aquinas
Machiavelli
Da Vinci
Nanak
Bernard
Rand
Confucius
Galilei

Oscar Wilde.

I'd give him a Kindle as a "welcome back to life" present.

Freddie Mercury or Jim Morrison, spend a day jamming and having a blast.

Or Hitler and spend a day playing video games and talking. I bet he was pretty damned interesting to converse with before he went insane. Certainly he was a legendary orator.

My problem is not identifying someone who would be interesting and great to meet, but rather how not to waste their time. I doubt anyone on a list of mine would stick around with me for long.

Nikola Tesla
Galileo Galilei
Leonardo da Vinci
Benkei (maybe not...bit of a culture shock)
George Carlin
Albert Einstein
Isaac Newton
Christopher Hitchens (if pressed, probably him, if nothing else because he'd be used to the modern world and not be freaked out, and besides, he can tell us at last if there's an afterlife or not)
Charles Darwin
Adam and/or Eve (just to see if they turn up, except no-one would believe I could summon the dead if nothing happened so it wouldn't prove much to anyone else)

I'll probably think of someone else later and regret not putting them here, but oh well. These would be mostly just to give them a day to do whatever they want, rather than waste their time talking or playing videogames.

SanAndreasSmoke:
Today marks my 1-year anniversary of joining the Escapist and this is my 365th post. Yes, I am a wizard. Bask in my glory.

I'm afraid it's the 5th in Australia, and has been all day. So your magic has no effect on me.

Einstein. I wouldn't understand a word he said, but it'd still be cool. Maybe Mark Twain. I'd enjoy his retort to the idea of censoring Huckleberry Finn.

That or Hitler. 'Course I'd just punch Hitler in the face all day.

If this actually was something that could be done and I was asked, it would be a major bitch deciding which person to bring back.

But since it will probably never happen, I can go full retard and just pick someone I've been thinking about lately: Xenophanes, the greek philosopher.

Why? Because I've been planing to read his works (or what is left of them) anyway, so might just bring him back to life, making any reading redundant.

Henry Louis Mencken.

The man had a great critical mind, possessed quick wit and loved women and booze. He's, essentially, my hero.

Mr. Rogers, because I want my childhood back dammit! Also, the world could use some more happiness.

HITLER

But seriously why would I bring back one of the most horrible people on earth....because he's god damn interesting that why I mean sure he's a scumbag but look at what he accomplished!!

For me, I'd honestly have to go with Peter Cushing.

His peers regarded him as one of the most likeable, charismatic gentlemen ever to live. He had quite a resume of acting credits, and I've always thought he was a strong performer. Just to be able to talk to him for a day, I'm sure I could get priceless anecdotes about his career and acting in general, and just revel in a great personality.

Also, I'd invite Christopher Lee over, as I'm sure he'd never pass up the chance to see his best friend alive again, one last time.

Jesus Christ. I'm interested in what he would have to say about the past 2000 years of history.

William Melvin Hicks.

Because the world needs a 24 hour mental bitch slapping from this wondrous individual.

Mitch for sure!

He was the king.

Tomas Jefferson.

Have a series of educational videos explaining the constitution and why amendments 1-10 are needed, the way they are. And why the NDAA violates the constitution (as a whole).

Yes, I know there is one (ha, only one?) problem with my plan. That is why I will keep strict control over the questions, filtering out the major problem questions. Or not? A thought occurred to me writing that last sentence. History is what it is, why not let him answer those questions as well? I mean the answers will be racist, but it would still be important to a historical perspective. Hmmmm

"Fermat! You're giving me that proof right frigging now!"

Only if Freddie Mercury teaches me how to sing half as good as him.

Spoiling it for everyone since forever.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18397_if-you-could-have-dinner-and-sex-with-any-famous-figure.html

It would be Napoléon...or at least Napoléon's sister. I heard she was crazy easy to ahem...engange consenting coitus and other sexual acts. I'm sorry I'm all out of clever euphemisms.

Captcha: Save our bluths.
Save them indeed.

God... just to see if Nietzsche was right.

George Carlin probably.

Just to listen to his jokes one more day :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked