Content made by Escapist users.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Very recently (Like 20 minutes ago) I decided to finally get round to watching some Let's plays made by our very own hazabaza1. Why? Because heck, I've been aware of this channel for some time now, also I've been playing a lot of Dark souls recently, Oh and since I suck at dark souls I need to know what I'm doing wrong. xD

Does anyone else sample content made by other escapist users? If not, do you yourself make anything?

I myself would like to make some League of Legends content (Because I'm the king of LoL of course :3 ), but sadly my PC chair squeaks HORRIBLY and it is noticeable in the audio so that is postponed (for now).

Well, the Escapist has many members so I'm sure I will have unknowingly sampled some of their content on Youtube.

I draw the occasional cartoon, but that's about it.

I do riffs (Basically, watch a movie and make fun of it live)

Sadly, copyright strikes have made the location of said videos go to Blip >.>

I draw a lot. Nothing fantasic yet but I'm getting better. I've been doing some Bleach fan art recently but I'm mostly teaching myself to do anime style stuff

Well me and a number of other Escapists have done several podcasts together.

There's a good days worth on content right there :D

I wonder where I fit in....

I keep trying but there is too much noise in this house.

We have too many cats/kids/people passing through to even attempt it at the minute. One day i'll get around to it.

Sadly I don't watch any either.

The only person i've so much as spoken to outside of the escapist is Daystar and that was about DOTA 2 he kindly passed me a key for.

I don't get involved with things outside of the forum as much as i'd like to.

Well I enjoy this guys videos http://www.youtube.com/user/EmceeProphIt/videos?view=0 I can't recall what his name is on The Escapist though.

Personally I write some dark poetry on a great poetry forum from time to time, but that's about it.

Aha! I was mentioned by someone other than myself! This proves it! I AM A GOD
I AM A GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the props.
Don't know about many others my self, but I remember seeing somebody link to their Persona 4 webcomic. It's fairly well known, but the name has blanked me.
There's also, for example, Shamus Young and his group doing their Let's play/walkthrough serieseseseses, Spoiler Warning. Funny stuff.

lRookiel:
Very recently (Like 20 minutes ago) I decided to finally get round to watching some Let's plays made by our very own hazabaza1. Why? Because heck, I've been aware of this channel for some time now, also I've been playing a lot of Dark souls recently, Oh and since I suck at dark souls I need to know what I'm doing wrong. xD

Does anyone else sample content made by other escapist users? If not, do you yourself make anything?

I myself would like to make some League of Legends content (Because I'm the king of LoL of course :3 ), but sadly my PC chair squeaks HORRIBLY and it is noticeable in the audio so that is postponed (for now).

Wait... You STARTED this thread and didn't post our one recorded game? Either you're rather forgetful or you don't want the world to know exactly how badly you threw that match.

Now I know some people just hate watching full LoL matches so skip to 36 minutes and see if you can spot the *ahem* Rookie mistake that was made.

Badumtish

I keep thinking about starting a proper channel but when i'm thinking about all the complex stuff like moving past my terrible laptop, getting a good PC, setting up my good PC because my room has to be rearranged then there's good recording software, editing etc etc you're just SHIT CHAIR LOL. So hard to go to IKEA and pick up a random chair amirite?

Well, not really a lot. If you're into Path of Exile and like planning stuff, I have a very quick and dirty fix of the online skill planner here. It just makes the controls at the bottom of the skilltree fit on one line rather than several, so if you go fullscreen, you actually get more viewing space. I found it useful. You'll need Greasemonkey (or the equivalent in other browsers - Opera should support it out of the box, I believe). Also, you might need to refresh the page if it doesn't kick in immediately. I've yet to track down why (I think it's something to do with the skilltree being loaded in after the page load) but meh, it works well enough for me - as I said, it is quick and dirty - did it while waiting to join the game (just before the open beta launched).

That's pretty much all from me, I suppose. I have something in the works right now which might be of slightly more interest but I've yet to finish it.

This is slightly off-topic but I don't really have anything useful to contribute...I do have a question however!

I swear that The Escapist had a stickied thread for "User Created Content" but it's not there in Off-Topic anymore...

Did they break it or did I make it up?

The Wykydtron:
So hard to go to IKEA and pick up a random chair amirite?

I don't know where an IKEA is near me (Considering I live in a village devoid of even a fucking post office). And YOU of all people can hardly talk, You have been putting off buying a new computer for HOW LONG? Now your laziness has bit you in the ass. Enjoy borrowing your granddads laptop :3

hazabaza1:
I AM A GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the props.

It's good so far, as your videos have managed to keep my attention for longer than an hour so great accomplishment there.

lRookiel:

The Wykydtron:
So hard to go to IKEA and pick up a random chair amirite?

I don't know where an IKEA is near me (Considering I live in a village devoid of even a fucking post office). And YOU of all people can hardly talk, You have been putting off buying a new computer for HOW LONG? Now your laziness has bit you in the ass. Enjoy borrowing your granddads laptop :3

hazabaza1:
I AM A GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the props.

It's good so far, as your videos have managed to keep my attention for longer than an hour so great accomplishment there.

Well I might dislike having to give my grandad his laptop back since oh boy the buffering times on videos and shit is so much better! I might as well check out this hazablehhh guy's stuff. Not like I have a ton of anime to rush through or anything...

I'm up to date with Psycho-Pass at least. Now it's just Angel Beats, Medaka Box, fuckin' whatever the friendship one is called (you know the one, it's the anime about friendship) and probably more.

So Dark Souls LP you say? ALLLRIGHTY THEN.

Heads up, I may end up making a thread vaguely relating to my BlazBlue failings later. I'm trying to style with Carl before I can even crawl. Nirvana has so much potential man! She is literally a second character you can control with a LOAD of different moves. She can't bail you out of much though since she stops moving once you get hit :(

Maybe I just like having something to blame when I lose.

"GODDAMMIT NIRVANA! WHERE WAS THE ANTI-AIR?!"

"..."

"Screw you man! Girl! Robot... Thing! I'm going back to Noob Proof Noel!"

tippy2k2:
Did they break it or did I make it up?

I believe there was. Or at least I've seen one but that was for art (like pictures and stuff), I believe. It wasn't stickied (might have been before, though) but was like the "games you can't remember the name of" - free to resurrect.

Right now I'm working on a drama machinima series that I'm making with The Sims 2, although finding volunteer voice-actors for it has been a pain, so I have no idea when the first episode's gonna be out.

Also I have two channels that I do Let's Plays on, although I've kinda... Stopped. I'm a little bit famous on one (600 subscribers, ermergerd!). The other is like a "reboot" channel that I kinda got into with Resident Evil 6 but... Meh. Also, the Sims series I mentioned earlier has been taking up pretty much all of the time I would've otherwise put towards continuing my Let's Plays.

When the Escapist asked for user content I posted the only youtube video I've made, using a free capture software that was pretty crap (de-synced my audio) that was advterised for Minecraft just to see what it was like. To make it amusing I tried to simulate the stupidity of the videoes made by the people who would flock to the program in the hope that making Minecraft videoes is still at all unique, and them trying to make money, all whislt doing an impression of a hilarious youtuber called FitzThisleWitz. Despite him already making a Minecraft video.
It probably would've gotten more views, but many people have used the deliberate mispelling of "Meinkraft", and even I couldn't find it using youtube search without including username.

Apart from that I watch Let's Plays by a friend and sometimes fellow user here, MadaraXIII, and sometimes provide guest commentary on them, as well as some Let's Watches of usually notoriously shit things. So far it has been bad cartoon adaptions and My Little Pony: FIM. Not because My Little Pony is bad (Well, FIM at least). It just makes for decent commentary. It's probably the exception.

I myself would like to make content, but I hate my own voice when through a mic because it's always unclear and whenver I say anything planned it sounds so put on when i'm tyring to sound serious. Apart from that I lack technology or talent, since it takes quite a while to produce anything decent that isn't just opinion piece soundclips.

Is this all Let's Plays? Anyone done any music or whatever? Mods? Naww...

I'm writing music atm, will hopefully one day get a big enough chunk composed properly so I can justify buying Logic Pro and recording it. And then I'll have to mix it and shiz... but after all that I might post some music (:

Drawing here. I'm also in the process of making two games, one as a 2D platformer and one as an art game with Dark Souls combat. Take Journey, tweak the combat to be faster paced, and make you seem like someone who shouts "THIS WORLD IS JUST AWESOME" to the heavens, and that's my game's idea.

So basically a less unforgiving Dark Souls mixed in with Journey with hints of Shadow of the Colossus sprinkled here and there would be the idea for my game. Hope I can actually make it in Unity 3D...

I co-wrote and co-produced a rap with a family member thats on youtube.
Thats a bout it though, I;m not skilled enough at things to create my own stuff.

And I haven't knowingly sampled the creations of anyone else.

thesilentman:
So basically a less unforgiving Dark Souls mixed in with Journey with hints of Shadow of the Colossus sprinkled here and there would be the idea for my game. Hope I can actually make it in Unity 3D...

YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

someonehairy-ish:

I have a userscript, if you count that. Not much of a script but whatever - it's not a let's play :P

hazabaza1:
Aha! I was mentioned by someone other than myself!

And another one! You're climbing up that god ladder, too :D Yeah, I've been watching (or rather listening to - I don't watch all of it) your Fable LP and I like it. I like Fable. I love Fable, in fact. I'm up to episode 8 and one thing I noticed is that you're not breaking the game. I must say I always do that, too xD But don't know if you don't know or if you avoid it but you know how you can break the in-game economy by abusing the rules of it? You can break archery too, again, by abusing the system of it. If you hold down the attack button, you do more damage - but that's not limited by your character drawing the bow completely (or the crossbow, for that matter) - hold it down for a minute and you'll oneshot almost everything, hold it down for several minutes (I believe 5 is enough) and you will kill anything in one shot. Including trolls. Especially trolls. Wanna break the game more? Oneshot a troll (don't use multiarrow, though) and you get a giant multiplier (40-ish for mud ones, 67 for rock ones, IIRC). Now drink all your Ages potions and pig out on carrots/fish/red meat for even more XP (I put these in the hotbar).

Also, you mentioned you haven't used magic much - it shows :P The best spell is actually Enflame - AOE around you, almost instant hit, you are invincible during the animation, too (Divine Fury and the infernal equivalent do have that window of opportunity while you're channeling), big damage, and throws everything back. You are immortal if you spam it. Also, the lightning magic is a bit...bugged - sometimes when you start channelling it, it ticks damage twice as fast as normal (and I think sometimes it goes twice as slow) - you'll notice it easily - you'll hit them roughly twice a second and they cannot move at all because of the little interrupt it does (otherwise they are knocked back, do a step or two, then are knocked back again, etc). It still uses the same amount of mana as before. So how do you get it to tick fast? I don't actually know a reliable way, however, if you just start using it, see if how fast it attacks and if it's normal (or even slow), just cancel and start it again. You're bound to get the fast version at some point. If you level up Lightning it starts to arc (hits as many people as its level) and it's quite good against small groups - you can completely disable 2-3 enemies if you just use Lightning on them - at that point, you just keep the magic up and they can't do anything but take damage. And the combat multiplier goes up quite fast. Slow Time can be abused, too (aside from being quite good in combat) - you can activate it and play any pub game and it'd be in slow motion - you get more time to memorise stuff and so on. Finally, Physical Shield - OK, it's not much of an exploit but it still is - while it's up when you're hit, the game doesn't count that as a hit (aside from you losing mana), so you'll not lose your combat multiplier, also you're not getting any scars.

And one last thing - you mention how you haven't found a guide for the books and other stuff - I recommend RonHiler's Walkthrough on GameFAQs which is excellent and covers all the things in the game. You do get age reduction from the temple of Avo and the chapel of Skorm, too but you need to do a lot of donations to each. Unless you're of opposite alignment, in which case, you actually need less donations.

I haven't decided on a channel name yet but I'll probably post a few lp's at some point. I do enjoy looking at other escapists reviews too. :)

Well I watch this guy's LPs and I've been doing LPs with my brother(though it's been forever since the last time I posted anything), but that's about it.

I don't think I have anything useful to say but...

Casual Shinji:
Well, the Escapist has many members so I'm sure I will have unknowingly sampled some of their content on Youtube.

I love your new avatar, it's awesome, and I saw some of the pictures you posted a while back and it really does look like you, your previous one was good too, but I like how this one looks better may be the fact that this one is on colour.

Well I've coordinated and have been featured in many of the CommuniCast episodes so far, so there's that. Those have been really fun and we'll be rolling out a bunch of new episodes really soon.

Other than that I do reviews every now and then and I'm working on a webcomic with my sister :P

If it counts Im doing a nuzlocke off site on the main forums. anyone interested I can give a link, but I will say its a lit locke so be prepared for reading.

other than that... no i cant say I know anyone on the escapist doing much off site, but I dont generaly ask if someone is from here. I do enjoy off site contetn from former major contributors like Rob moran and Awkward panda studios but I dontk now if that counts.

I've got a YouTube page that I update on a sporadic schedule, it's mostly full of GW2 stuff from a few months back. In-Depth Look at Rangers and how they function.

I've also done a bit of music that's themed as 8bit RPG-ish. It's called Dragonshire (links to a direct download from Mediafire) and absolutely still unfinished.

Can't say I've (knowingly) encountered and other Escapists outside of the site, though.

I make videos of my choir singing video game songs and internet memes. Does that count?

LOL my posting catcha(Solve Media) was "Face the Music"

someonehairy-ish:

I'm writing music atm, will hopefully one day get a big enough chunk composed properly so I can justify buying Logic Pro and recording it. And then I'll have to mix it and shiz... but after all that I might post some music (:

I'm interested. Share a link to your stuff even if it's rough.

All I've really ever done is MLP inspired art/fan art. Though I'm working on learning Blender to start making 3d models and then Unity to make games, so maybe down the line I'll actually be making something more interesting.

I do really boring videos on youtube that involve me either ranting about something or ruining food.

All hail Breakfast Pie!

Kaleion:
I don't think I have anything useful to say but...

Casual Shinji:

I love your new avatar, it's awesome, and I saw some of the pictures you posted a while back and it really does look like you, your previous one was good too, but I like how this one looks better may be the fact that this one is on colour.

Thanks!

The line art is traditional and the colour is digital. That picture you posted was actually the first one I (succesfully) coloured after getting a Wacom tablet. And it's a good thing too, because there was only so much I could do with hatchings.

someonehairy-ish:

If this is content beyond Let's Plays, then I also make music. I'm planning on finishing up a chiptune album in the near future, once I get some better recording equipment (Works in progress here) . I also put a few things up on bandcamp, although they're quite old and I'm not sure I really like them anymore (link).

DoPo:
snip

Wow, alright, that's... a lot of advice.
By the point I've recorded up to, some of it I've already done, like breaking the economy or spamming enflame, but I'll keep the other stuff in mind. The guide is also useful, but I don't think I'll do all the books and the such, mainly just due to sheer laziness.
Thanks though!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked