So after 940,320 minutes of being an Escapist, it's finally happened...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

...I've finally changed my avatar.
Bask in its glory mortals. It was made for me by @Vault101.

I've also started one of those annoying threads where the title is more or less unrelated to the content.

For the sake of discussion, talk about your damn avatars. :D

Join date 2011...

You kids and your avatar changes.

Why can't you be awesome like us Old'scapists?

2009 greatest generation!

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

Pffft. Out the way you silly old duffer you.

The best part is that I'm more than likely older than you for reaslsies.

Blunderboy:

Pffft. Out the way you silly old duffer you.

The best part is that I'm more than likely older than you for reaslsies.

And I AM older than you for realsies :P

Haven't changed my avatar since I put it on, but I haven't been here as long as some people.

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

Because thanks to your insipid influence on the forums, us young'uns had to find our own way among giant weirdos like Furburt or Hubilub while searching for an identity. It was chaos, I tell you! (especially ironic considering you're only about a month longer posting than I am)

Also, it took me a long while to settle on an Avatar I was comfortable with. I wanted something distinctive, and now I've got it. Rowan Atkinson must have one hell of a headache by now.

Hunter S Thompson love the man i find his writings critical and insightful of a judgmental and hate filled world.

Nice :P

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

2009? Pfft, get off my lawn.

I try and keep a theme with my avatar. I changed it for Christmas but I changed it back. And I think the theme is obvious due to it being given away in my username.

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

2010 was the one true generation. Everyone who joined before 2010 are outdated geezers, and everyone from 2011 and later are still ignorant toddlers!
Although you're borderline 2010, and a you seem like a pretty cool guy, so I'll cut you some slack :3

Blunderboy:

I don't know who you are. You must be new. And then hacked the website to change your post count and join date. Go away now, we don't want no dirty newcomers. We don't need anybody less than a year old - they just bring ruin to the Escapist.

:P

Anyway, avatar is from the old World of Darkness.

It was one of the very few things I could fit on an avatar and look OK. Most of the other artworks I like are either too big, too detailed or otherwise unsuitable.

Soviet Heavy:

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

Because thanks to your insipid influence on the forums, us young'uns had to find our own way among giant weirdos like Furburt or Hubilub while searching for an identity. It was chaos, I tell you! (especially ironic considering you're only about a month longer posting than I am)

Also, it took me a long while to settle on an Avatar I was comfortable with. I wanted something distinctive, and now I've got it. Rowan Atkinson must have one hell of a headache by now.

Yeah. I'd intended to keep mine as Milo, but I was so chuffed by Vaults work. :D

DoPo:

Blunderboy:

I don't know who you are. You must be new. And then hacked the website to change your post count and join date. Go away now, we don't want no dirty newcomers. We don't need anybody less than a year old - they just bring ruin to the Escapist.

:P

Anyway, avatar is from the old World of Darkness.

It was one of the very few things I could fit on an avatar and look OK. Most of the other artworks I like are either too big, too detailed or otherwise unsuitable.

Well then our relationship is a lie!
You can explain to the kids!

Yeah I'm in a strange mood today.

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

There Daystar goes again, swinging his limp e-peen around like he's the goddamn Batman or something. I may have missed the cut-off by less than a week, but I'm still...

WAY COOLER THAN YOU!

OT: Right now I am using a GIF featuring Aigis that I made (and Caramel Frappe helped perfect), but I am usually running around with Mao (the winking cat) as my avatar. Few people got pissed when I changed it this time! Hooray!

Mao will be back in due time.

ShockValue:
Nice :P

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

2009? Pfft, get off my lawn.

May? Pfft, get off MY lawn.

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

Yes.

I have never ever changed my avatar.

2009 FO' LIFE

I'm pretty sure I'm known as the Community avatar guy now. I was at least recognised as the "Troy eye" guy for a while, when I had that.

And everyone knows 2010-ers are the best.

Also, captcha really likes this Black Mirror show on Channel 4, 11 February, considering the number of captchas I've had about it.

I change my avatar bassed on which show I like that's currently airing. Gravity Falls is up next. Hooray!

I've never changed since February 2009.
These' colors don't run!

Dammit, I'm so close to being from 2010. Should've made an account sooner instead of lurking for ages :P

Anyway, my avatar is just pokemon art in a gif. I would've liked to have all the starters, but the file size got too big. Credit goes to TopazFusion for putting the images together and making it not look like ass.

Blunderboy:
Well then our relationship is a lie!
You can explain to the kids!

OK, now you bring up the kids. You never actually cared about them, so what the heck? How can I explain this to them, eh? Am I just supposed to go there and tell them "Actually, you have two daddies. Yeah, your mommy was actually a man under the bandages". How was I supposed to know that? And how the heck did we have children together?

You deceived me, the kids, and even biology itself.

I've been part of the Escapist since the moment the site launched and have never changed my avatar! ever! My posts are also measured in thousands! I have over 1,700,000 posts!

Would you kindly stop making those annoying threads where the title is more or less unrelated to the content?

Rawne1980:

1980? pffft kids...

I've had a few avatars, this one is a HD remake of the previous guinea pig.

I never really change my avi. I have been using this avi on many sites for many many years. I really should fix it up the quality is crap.

Eleuthera:

Rawne1980:

1980? pffft kids...

I believe you are in the wrong place.

The queue for pension collection is down the road grandad.

My avartars just a shot from the film 'Waltz With Bashir', I just love the animation so used it. It's basically a documentary, and a pretty bleak one, but the animation is amazing.

Edit: Also, holy crap I joined in 2009, I really should be more active.

I think my avatar before this was the Breaking Bad logo (BB).

I haven't changed mine in ages.

I've always had this itch to change it to Viserys Targaryen. Maybe this one.

Changing your avatar? Psh, that's out of style man. Everyone knows sticking to the same one is how you get cool.

You know, only the cool kids change their avatar without making a big deal about it.

<.<

You counted all the minutes since you changed your avatar?

Where did you have the time? :D

I kid...maybe...

You cool kids and your avatar changing ways. I guess I'm not cool since I don't plan on changing mine anytime soon, and causing the forums to go into a flutter. Because Sirens doing a brofist over the death of their enemies is awesome, and there can be nothing more awesome than that.

Never changed mine, never will either. And despite what Calibanbutcher might try to tell you, my T-Rex could definitely beat up his Manatee

Soviet Heavy:

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

Fappy:

Daystar Clarion:
Join date 2011...

There Daystar goes again, swinging his limp e-peen around like he's the goddamn Batman or something. I may have missed the cut-off by less than a week, but I'm still...

WAY COOLER THAN YOU!

OT: Right now I am using a GIF featuring Aigis that I made (and Caramel Frappe helped perfect), but I am usually running around with Mao (the winking cat) as my avatar. Few people got pissed when I changed it this time! Hooray!

Mao will be back in due time.

January 2010'ers!!!!

I'm keeping my Klonoa theme going.
This new one's from the opening FMV(full motion video) of the first game.
I've been considering a few others but Klonoa's probably gonna stay there forever.

Casual Shinji:
You know, only the cool kids change their avatar without making a big deal about it.

Must say, I noticed and I love it.

Neat.
At least your animated gif worked as uploaded. Mine was this stupid image that worked fine in previews and everywhere else, but I ultimately settled on Zuul for my first year or so because I could not figure out why it wouldn't play past the first frame.

As for being a "rad" upcoming newblood or ancient escapist with way too many posts...I prefer the middle ground of 2010, and my own obscurity.

Let the saber-rattlers shake it out, I've got bagels to eat...

Casual Shinji:

<.<

I don't know who you are anymore. D:

OT: I've got a bunch of other Kyary gifs waiting in the wings for use, but I can never decide on if I want to switch or not because very little beats floating bread with eyes.

shrekfan246:

Casual Shinji:

<.<

I don't know who you are anymore. D:

I'm still your Casual Shinji, and all that comes with it. Which isn't a lot, but better than nothing, I suppose.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked