People thought of as universally attractive that you really don't like the look of.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Any time the subject of hot celebrities comes up when I'm around my friends, somebody mentions Channing Tatum, and everybody seems to agree. But I really don't like the look of him. His neck is thicker than his head, and his hair is always too short, which looks really awkward with his ears that stick out really far. Here's what I mean (spoilered for size):

Eeeew. He's got that overstuffed football player build that I really don't like. I prefer a slender man, and a good head of hair. At least a couple of inches long, and if it's got enough curl then even close to shoulder length. I mean it's probably not the most attractive angle for a picture on anybody, but still. I haven't found an angle of Matt Smith I don't like.

So...yeah. Channing Tatum. He just doesn't do it for me. Are there any "really attractive" celebrities that are the same way with you?

I really, really, really don't get the big hype of Emma Watson. She's a pretty woman, but not as hot as the internet collectively considers her to be.

As a heterosexual male, I generally don't get the preference for "pretty boys". Like, the type of guy you see in Abercrombie and Fitch adverts.

He reminds me of a goomba from the old Super Mario live-action film.

There are actually quite a few "hot" celebrities I don't really think are that attractive. In nerd circles that'd be Olivia Munn. I don't know what it is, but she just looks really... plain to me?

Angelina Jolie.

Well, to be fair, most of the "hot" celebrities I have no interest in. The only 3 I do like are Michelle Rodriguez, Eliza Dushku and Katee Sackhoff.

But Angelina Jolie is top of my "I just don't see it" list.

Rawne1980:
Angelina Jolie.

She was stunning when she was younger. Now...bleargh. The weight loss has not suited her in the slightest. She looks...stretched. And ghastly.

For my own part, I've never liked Salma Hayek. Does absolutely nothing for me.

Johnny Depp. Everyone think he's the hottest man on earth, but he sends me axe-crazy vibes. And murderous insanity is a major turn-off for me.

Channing Tatum IS overrated, I agree. Though he looks better naked, since at least you have something that distracts you from his too-short hair (I am not a fan of buzzcuts or military/jock cuts).

Rawne1980:
Angelina Jolie.

Yeah gonna second Angelina Jolie. I don't find her attractive at all and I really don't see what people like about her so much.

Jim Sterling.
Admittedly, I still think the man as incredibly handsome and I'd happily let him fist me with both hands. It's just... I can't love a man without prominent facial hair. I'M SORRY!

Maybe it's the camera flash, but there's something not right about that man's face.

And his nose is every-so-slightly off-centre at the septum.

Emma Stone

Her scrunchy, squinty face was a fun novelty in Superbad, but it got old real fast. And now she just reminds me of Lindsay Lohan.

BloatedGuppy:

For my own part, I've never liked Salma Hayek. Does absolutely nothing for me.

What!
I love her, I have the biggest girl-crush on her.

OP: I used to think Brad Pitt was unattractive when he was clean shaven and tidy.

I would totally do current Brad Pitt though.

Without compiling a huge list of names of female celebrities I'll just sum up my "system". If my first thought upon seeing a picture of her is that she's probably really, really hungry (visible ribs, skins "hanging" off of collarbone) then I probably don't find her to be attractive.

Spinozaad:
I really, really, really don't get the big hype of Emma Watson. She's a pretty woman, but not as hot as the internet collectively considers her to be.

I second this. I never did see the appeal in her at all.

It's also the story for me when it comes to Katy Perry. Yeah, I guess she's pretty, but not at all as pretty as everyone else seems to believe.

I tend to prefer asain girls generally so when people are going nuts over some celebrity I usually just sorta shrug and say yes they are good looking but nothing to gawk over.

Jeremy Renner looks like a melting slipper.

If he tried getting these lumps I'd say "I'm sorry Jeremy, but no thank you."
It might be because he looks like my sisters ex-fiance. He was a great Hawk-eye though...

Gwenyth Paltrow(sp?) Is one too. What is the appeal!?!?
I don't find a lot of model attractive either. Kate Moss looks like her head is slowly caving in.

Probably all of them?

I tend to find more 'normal' looking people attractive. Sure, I enjoy the whole 'flawless skin and obviously wearing spanx' thing that stereotypically hot people have going on, put I prefer it on people who look... normal. Like whatshisface in the first post. I can see why people think he's pretty and all that, but the thing I like the most about him is his wonky nose and his big ears.

Just about every American actress who is famous for her looks, but particularly the blonde ones.

I had a fun conversation once with a gay friend who couldn't wrap his head around the idea that one of those willowy thin blonde women, I think Gwynneth Paltrow, did not a thing for me. It wasn't that he didn't understand why... he rejected that it was possible to not think she was particularly attractive.

JayElleBee:
Probably all of them?

I tend to find more 'normal' looking people attractive. Sure, I enjoy the whole 'flawless skin and obviously wearing spanx' thing that stereotypically hot people have going on, put I prefer it on people who look... normal. Like whatshisface in the first post. I can see why people think he's pretty and all that, but the thing I like the most about him is his wonky nose and his big ears.

Seconded, I don't care about all those attractive people as my definition of attractive is not the public's definition of attraction. Some of those attractive people also play it dangerously close to the Uncanny Valley at times.

I never understood why so many men/boys around me were all over Paris Hilton

The one I can never understand is Jennifer Aniston. She's got such plain features, square jaw and limp mousy hair, yet she's pretty universally considered to be super hot.

I don't really know many celebrities off hand, so that's all that really comes to mind, but I'm sure there's infinitely more of them v:

Angelina Jolie looks like a crack whore to me and Scarlett Johanson disgusts me. Reckon the reason behind that could be that she reminds me a lot of my sister.

Gonna go with Megan Fox. Not that she isn't an attractive young woman - she is - but the level of internet-wide drooling that took place over her was just outside of my understanding.

Also, maybe it's because 30 Rock just ended forever and the cast is still on my mind, but I would like to firmly assert that there is no woman more attractive than Katrina Bowden. The fact that she displays impeccable comic timing and perfect delivery in every appearance is just awesome, too. Whoever said hot women can't be funny never watched 30 Rock.

Everyone: "ZOOEY DESCHANEL IS SOOOOOOO HAWWWWWWWWT"

Me: "She's pretty cute, I guess."

I have to be set on fire now, don't I?

Casual Shinji:
Emma Stone

Her scrunchy, squinty face was a fun novelty in Superbad, but it got old real fast. And now she just reminds me of Lindsay Lohan.

i definitely agree with this. she's essentially a less drugged up version of lindsay lohan. the resemblance is uncanny, and i can't un-see it.

i also dont like ryan gosling (not hot enough to justify the hype around him) and taylor swift (what a hagraven looks like without feathers).

D Moness:

Because being made of plastic is the new sexy.

You could probably bounce quarters off her lips, if you were into that.

Megan Fox.

You know the saying "don't put the dick in the crazy"?

"Don't put the dick in the stupid" should be added.

Personally Im not that into Megan Fox or Paris Hilton

ThingWhatSqueaks:
Without compiling a huge list of names of female celebrities I'll just sum up my "system". If my first thought upon seeing a picture of her is that she's probably really, really hungry (visible ribs, skins "hanging" off of collarbone) then I probably don't find her to be attractive.

This too. The whole "skeleton wearing skin coloured spandex" look is quite disgusting.

Arkley:
Gonna go with Megan Fox. Not that she isn't an attractive young woman - she is - but the level of internet-wide drooling that took place over her was just outside of my understanding.

There was an internet wide drooling over Megan Fox? I thought the internet agreed that she was too orange, and a terrible actress to boot.

I'm going to have to go for most of them that I can think of. Whenever someone says "so and so celebrity" is hot, I just look at them and shrug. I know that's the cheap answer, but I can't think of anyone specific off the top of my head.

lacktheknack:

D Moness:

Rather bounce quarters off Amy Adams behind but then i have a "slight" obsession with nicholas cage so what do i know about taste >.<

Dude, Angelina fucking Jolie. I seriously don't get what people see in that hideous woman.

D Moness:

lacktheknack:

D Moness:

Rather bounce quarters off Amy Adams behind but then i have a "slight" obsession with nicholas cage so what do i know about taste >.<

I have a full on raging obsession with His Caginess, so I'm really not allowed to judge anyone in this thread. :P

Darken12:
Johnny Depp. Everyone think he's the hottest man on earth, but he sends me axe-crazy vibes. And murderous insanity is a major turn-off for me.

Channing Tatum IS overrated, I agree. Though he looks better naked, since at least you have something that distracts you from his too-short hair (I am not a fan of buzzcuts or military/jock cuts).

*Rage* *Rage* *Rage* Even as a heterosexual male I think Johnny Depp is sexy! and, axe-crazy murder vibes? that's half the attraction! (I guess, people love a little bit of danger) *End lame mini rage*

OP: I have quite a few actually, I'll continue what appears to be the dead horse of this thread (5 comments already) and say I don't see it in Angelina Jolie. Might be the age difference, and her complete unavailability to me but, what do I know? Other than than, pretty much all of the mainstream ones. Most of them I can appreciate that they are sexy and everything, they just don't do it for "me". There's my 18 cents of misc. thoughts

Anyone blonde.

Anybody who looks fucking orange. You may think that it make the person "glow" while I think that it makes the person look dirty. I see this as a problem among celebrities and stupid girls on instagram alike.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here