People thought of as universally attractive that you really don't like the look of.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Zooey Deschanel is not very attractive to me. She's kind of cute, but it's usually drowned out by her LOOK HOW QUIRKY I AM attitude. Bleh.

Rawne1980:
Angelina Jolie.

I'm going to agree with this. For one thing, her lips are too big.

Random Fella:
This thread is like the meme of the fat guy behind the computer commenting on women over the internet

There's a bit of that, sure, but I think there's a lot more of "Publishers/producers keep promoting these people as though they are the epitome of sex appeal but they don't do anything for me." Which shouldn't be objectional to anyone unless they've been duped into believing in ladder theory out of their desire to be a PUA.

prolly 90% of them
i prefer a slender sporty women so celebs like j-lo, beyonce or even scarlett johansen don't do it for me

I hear a lot about Meryl Streep's alleged beauty. Even for her age, she's often complimented on talk shoes and everything.

I don't see it.

For a good "Looks good for age", I find Julie Andrews to be a better example.

I never cared much for celebrities. So basically all of them, for me. I like normal people more.

My general problem is that with celebrities, there is always the visible fakeness - you know, loads of makeup, gratuitous camera angles, retouched photos - that just breaks any kind of empathy I could have for them. So most of them are just like store mannequins to me.

But the two big contenders for the "attractive whom I find ugly" award would be Angelina Jolie (surprise!) and Julia Roberts.

Also, since I live in Sweden, I have to say this - the two princesses are just nowhere near my type. And with Victoria, I think people find her less particularly attractive and more just like her because she's the crown princess and the media & gossip mags just won't shut up about her. But Madeleine? I've met more than my share of guys drooling over her, but I just don't see it.

Lilani:
Channing Tatum. He just doesn't do it for me.

Agreed. Also, I am not a big fan of Megan Fox.

I see a lot of instances of Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox. I'd agree with both those, but do people think Kristen Stewart is attractive? A few of my friends have said that and I've been pretty surprised at that. Maybe my hatred of Twilight is affecting my judgment, but I don't see it at all.

Just the ones that over do the make-up and bleach their hair almost a blinding white. Unfortunately, that is a lot of them.

Surprised about some of the negativity against Angelina Jolie. She can't act to save her life though.

I can't think of a single celebrity I find attractive. They range between okay looking to downright funny looking. I sometimes find characters attractive. As in I though Edward Norton was hot in fight club, but that's more because of his character than the actor himself.

I find it really hard to give a legitimate answer to this questions as while there are certainly alot of celebrities out there that don't personally appeal to me I still would't say I find any of them hideous or that I honestly can't see why they're considered beautiful by most other people.

When all you have to judge someone on is their appearance as is most often the case with alot of these people it just feels incredibly petty to be overly harsh with the way they look... The fact they're celebrities doesn't make a difference to me.

I'd much rather draw attention to those whom I do find attractive and personally appealing to me though which I'm unsure whether or not are considered "beautiful" by the majority.

I think Bryce Dallas Howard to be a very beautiful woman particualy when I saw her in The Village. Also I can't remember her name but I found the girl from The Lovely Bones to be incredibly pretty in my opinion.

Ya know what I don't hear enough of? I don't hear enough about how handsome Aaron Eckhart is. I'm a guy and dammit, I can't deny how handsome that dude is!

To get back on topic though, Megan Fox. It seems like there's always a layer of filmy, grimy, dirt on the surface of her skin. She always looks like she's uncomfortably hot and it looks like she'd be sticky to touch. I would probably have the same reaction to Lara Croft if she was a real person and now that I think about it, I can see Fox playing Lara Croft in a potential Tomb Raider film reboot in about...10 years or so.

CPunchMaster:
I see a lot of instances of Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox. I'd agree with both those, but do people think Kristen Stewart is attractive? A few of my friends have said that and I've been pretty surprised at that. Maybe my hatred of Twilight is affecting my judgment, but I don't see it at all.

When she's not drowning in eye makeup and actually musters up a smile she's pretty but she spends all her time with that stupid scowl on her face so you never see it.

I'm jumping on the Brad Pitt bandwagon, never seen him as attractive. Also Luke Hemsworth, I'm not sure what it is exactly but something just looks off about him to me. His brother on the other hand....

A lot of Japanese people think Emma Watson looks like a guy.
I sometimes agree. LOL

Scarlet Johanson. Or whatever.
I mean, she's not ugly. Far from it. But I don't really think she's the whole "sex goddess of looking good" that everyone says she is.

Brutal Peanut:
Anna Paquin - apparently she's the main sexual object of 'TrueBlood', my mother and eldest sister's favorite show at the moment and I've heard a few acquaintances tell me how 'hot' she is.

I used to like Sookie but that picture just killed it for me.

I'll go with everybody else and say Angelina Jolie.

A lot of people have already said Angelina Jolie so glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see it. She's attractive, sure, but people go way over the top for her.

Give me Ellen Page any day!

Urgh, I'll have to say pretty much most celebrities are overrated looks-wise.

There's so much focus these days on being as stick thin as possible and I hate that; everyone is so bony and angular. I want to look at healthy people, not so-called "attractive" people.

Of course we're talking about celebrities here, people we undoubtedly only see on TV or at the cinema, so a lot of our attractions must be influenced by how they behave on-screen. I have to say I developed quite a thing for Julia Stiles during her time in season 5 of Dexter.

Damn...

I think Jessica Chobot looks horrifying ever since I saw videos of her in ME3. I mean, god almighty she looks like an animated playdough golem. I cannot un-see it now even when I see her real life self.

Just image that super saturated, overly shadowed clay face staring at you through the shadows of your bedroom at night... YEESH! >_<

hazabaza1:
Scarlet Johanson. Or whatever.
I mean, she's not ugly. Far from it. But I don't really think she's the whole "sex goddess of looking good" that everyone says she is.

In The Avengers she was played up as this femme fatale, but all the while my gaze was drawn to agent Hill.

What's the name of that slack jawed, personality lacking girl from the Transformers movies that can't act for shite? The main girl, I forget her name. I don't see what people like about her. She just looks so damn... I can't even explain it. She's just not attractive at all.

Kim Kardashian. Everyone seems to rant about how great her hips are but I find them to be way too large. Her lower half is just over-sized.

The problem with this that the celebrities in question are usually behind tons of make-up and dressed to look as attractive as possible. So it clouds our judgment a bit.

From me, yet another vote for Jolie. I mean come on, she looks like a crack addict with fish lips.

Lena Headey. Just what exactly do people see in her? She looks old, and has a square jaw that just looks jarring to me. Perhaps the fact that I absolutely hate 300 with a passion and the 2 other things I've seen her in (Dredd and Game of Thrones) have her character be a massive cunt might affect my opinion somewhat.

Paris Hilton. She doesn't look attractive, she looks stupid! Just take one look at some of her photos. She might as well stamp "SPACE FOR RENT" on her forehead, such an airhead she seems to me.

Megan Fox... kind of. She looks attractive in that skanky, popular-with-the-jocks way, but no way I would ever want to date her.

CPunchMaster:

In the few interviews I saw her in she seemed likeable and if I would be shallow and judge looks she would be a 7/10, a pretty average looking girl in my area.

If I'd go by the movies... 3/10 at best... It doesn't help that many of the supporting female cast are better looking.

ccdohl:
Amanda Seyfried, whom I call Fishface, has eyes that are way too far apart. I don't understand how she could get a driver's license since her vision has to be mostly peripheral. Maybe she turns her head to drive?

THANK YOU for noticing this. No one else seems to. I always point it out to people and they act as though I'm an insane person for even thinking such a thing.

A collective bashing on people who are prettier than us. Dayum.

BloatedGuppy:

Rawne1980:
Angelina Jolie.

She was stunning when she was younger. Now...bleargh. The weight loss has not suited her in the slightest. She looks...stretched. And ghastly.

For my own part, I've never liked Salma Hayek. Does absolutely nothing for me.

Ghastly, stretched, and like she has a couple of doughnuts strapped to her face. So much Botox, its disgusting.

Benedict Cumberbatch. I know he may not be considered conventionally attractive, but all my girl friends think he's super smexy. I don't get it. I think he's awkward looking, a great actor, but not a handsome dude. Also asian girls. Why are so many geek guys into asian girls?

CPunchMaster:

I don't know anyone who genuinely thinks she is attractive. She has a grand total of one facial expression and it's not pleasent.

She looks a combination of "bored" and "wouldn't mind if everyone on earth died right now".

OT: I'll jump on the Megan Fox bandwagon. I can see why other people think she's hot but she just looks evil to me - I know it's a harsh thing to say but her smile just looks so fake. Like she's waiting for me to drop my guard so she can rip my face off.

Speaking of which; I didn't even see this film but the trailer only re-enforced my opinion. If appearance was everything, then I'm certain no actress would have done it better;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1131734/

EDIT: Almost forgot - Nicki Minaj. Never have I seen a human look as plastic as her. The worst part is she was actually attractive before it all;

FHM voted Tulisa Contostavlos as the sexiest woman of 2012.

I mean seriously. Out of all of the unbelievably gorgeous women in the world, they chose her.

On a side note I never found Jessica Alba, Britney Spears, Megan Fox or Mila Kunis particularly attractive either.

Granted all the ones I mentioned are completely "out of my league" anyway, so I can hardly talk, but there are so many more attractive women that I don't get why these five are often rated so highly.

Funnily enough most of the top rated guys (Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt before he looked like a hippy) I can actually kind of understand despite not being attracted to them myself.

SimpleThunda':
A collective bashing on people who are prettier than us. Dayum.

It isn't about bashing people, it's about taste. Stating people who many find attractive, but who does nothing for you. Some people are being rude, but that's not the purpose of the thread.

Seconding Benedict Cumberbatch. His face is extremely awkward looking and, to me, not appealing in the slightest. Oh well.

A lot of of Hollywood actresses with cute faces but "skinnyfat" or just plain skinny bodies. Keira Knightley for example.

Uh, a lot of big celebrity 'glamorous' women, I don't really get the appeal of. I'm not really into that whole thang. Megan Fox, Cheryl Cole, a whole host of other actress/models, footballer's wives and pop stars. I don't know. I really don't get it.

(P.S: I am still definitely not gay.)

There was a time Megan Fox didn't look like her face is made of plastic. She was hot then.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked