NFL season summed up by Pixar artist

Figured I'd share this as I thought it was really cool...and had some cool "nerd" references.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/pixar-animator-recaps-the-nfl-season-in-amazing-s

HA! 49ers expecting the cardinals was hilarious!The Jets got it worst though.

The sports fan and the nerd in are both satisfied.

Ooof...this sports season was not kind to Detroit sports

Damn, Wish I knew the names of the teams so I could get the jokes better. Still pretty funny regardless!

I haven't laughed that hard since I bought that book of H.M. Bateman's illustrations all those years ago.

I loved the Skyrim and Halo one.

Also the Ravens vs. Patriots was awesome.

Hahahaha the Chiefs v Bengals one had me dead.

No mention of Drizzt for the Panthers? I thought that was awesome.

Buccaneers-Redskins was the best to me. I also really liked the ones with the Ravens in them.

That guy's got quite some talent. I'd like to see this become a thing in all sports. :D

Lionsfan:

You guys had Calvin Johnson breaking a NFL record and....uh......well..........uh..........

Well that Megatron thing was cool :)

Fear not brother, for though my hatred for the Lions is strong, I think we can both agree that the Packers can go eat a bag of testicles! Aaron Rodgers: Master of the Discount Double Choke!

OT: Yah! The Vikings got a winning picture! Unfortunately, we decided to have a backup QB who can't throw...yeah, that went well!...ugh...I'm still bitter at you Leslie for that decision.

When I saw the browns, all I could think was, "Artax! You have to try! You have to care!"

DESTROYED me as a child.

Shame there arent any hockey ones.

I saw this before because my favorite radio stations facebook page posted the steelers and giants one. was pretty funny when i first saw it and cool.

Lionsfan:

hey you didnt go winless again and thats always an accomplishment once you actually do it.

Man this was awesome. I especially liked number 1, I love the boondock saints!

Baron von Blitztank:
Damn, Wish I knew the names of the teams so I could get the jokes better. Still pretty funny regardless!

1.Panthers vs Saints
2.Broncos vs Falcons
3 Bangles vs Texian
4. Ravens vs Patriots
5.Packers vs 49'ers
6. Texans vs jets
7. Bears vs Cardinals
8 Jaguars vs Buffalo Bills
9 raiders vs Panthers
10 Vikings vs rams
11 Titans vs dolphins
12 black hawks vs buccaneers
13 Chiefs vs Bangles
14 Steelers vs Giants
15 Chargers vs Steelers

19 Packers vs Sea hawks
20 Lions vs Eagles
21 Browns vs Colts

or this works too
http://www.nfl.com/teams

emeraldrafael:

My thoughts exactly but then again, the NHL would have to have actually started their season on time to get this kind of treatment.

To be honest, I was hoping for more horses in the Chargers reference.

maddog015:
No mention of Drizzt for the Panthers? I thought that was awesome.

Agreed. Best one there. It took me a minute, but when I saw Guenhwyvar, I just yelled YES!

Very cool stuff. This is why Alt Art is Best Art.

Goofguy:

emeraldrafael:

My thoughts exactly but then again, the NHL would have to have actually started their season on time to get this kind of treatment.

thats true, though they could have always did something from the stanley cup at least. it was half way through the year.

ah well, maybe next time, or maybe they'll do more soon since the season started.

It disappoints me as a Seahawk fan that the only one that showed my team just had to reference a play call so bad that it effectively ended an entire referee lockout.

The one with my Giants was painful to see at first, but I was able to get a laugh out of it nonetheless. All of them were really entertaining.

I can some Liverpool FC's season up in one picture....

I have no idea about American Football but needed to vent about the less than ideal season my team is having.

tippy2k2:

OT: Yah! The Vikings got a winning picture! Unfortunately, we decided to have a backup QB who can't throw...yeah, that went well!...ugh...I'm still bitter at you Leslie for that decision.

Which is funny in a way. We spent the entire season looking for a reason to bench Ponder, but when he is actually benched, his back-up couldn't handle it. My entire town was so anti-Ponder, and I got to throw Joe Webb in their faces after the game.

Baron von Blitztank:

Same here. Either way, man those Pixar artists got way too much time in their hand to draw and colour those awesome and funny images!!

Eh, I was hoping for something more interesting due to it being Pixar. I guess I shouldn't have, seeing as it was NFL - but whatever.

I have to admit, I didn't expect the Fus Ro Dah joke.

Don't know most of the team names but it still got a lot of laughs out of me.

Oh god that was good. Mixing 2 things I love, Skyrim and the Vikings. Saved a thousand times over.

Raiders vs Panthers is pretty cool. Even though Raiders lost.

I don't know anything about NFL, but the pictures were really nice.

This is how I've always wished sports would look like. Sitting mighty proud seeing my team win everyone of their pictures (and literally devouring the other teams, no less.)

The pictures with the Baltimore Ravens (bar for the last one), the Houston Texans being represented as Chuck Norris delivering roundhouse kicks and the Monty Python reference with the Cardinals are particularly hilarious.

If there's anything to take in from this, it's that somebody in Pixar really likes handegg.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked