57% (147)
57% (147)
Maybe after a couple of drinks.
23.6% (61)
23.6% (61)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Completely butt-naked

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I thought I'd make a thread with a traditional misleading escapist title(TM) about a completely hypothetical scenario that is never going to happen. Let the flame wars commence!

The question is, what do you think the world would be like if everyone was forced to be naked 100% of the time? For the purposes of this scenario there are government-hired thugs that will force non-compliant troublemakers to strip at gunpoint, weather is not an issue, and any laws making public nudity illegal no longer apply. However, sexual harassment and indecent exposure laws still apply.

Personally I can see a load of health benefits and improvement in self-esteem, as nobody is going to be held to a ridiculous standard in the media anymore and sexualisation of partial or full nudity will be reduced. There's also a much greater incentive to keep in shape than if you were clothed.

On the other hand, it would completely destroy the clothing industry over night, and it does get quite chilly here in the UK. And I'm sure there would be lots of weirdos out there sexualising the lack of clothes, so we'd probably also need Paramilitary Pervert Police(TM) to discourage the commission of those sort of offences. Anyway, post your opinion or any insightful observations below, and don't forget to vote in the poll!

That....that would just be bad for everyone everywhere at all times. I will now construct a long winded post about why this is terrible:

1. Weather: You said weather doesn't matter but I disagree when I look outside and it is currently 15 degrees (tropical compared to what we did the last two weeks). My balls would instantly shoot up so far inside of me walking outside naked in this that legally, I would have to register as a woman.

2. Self esteem improvement: Bu-bu-bu-bullshit. There are still going to be hot people and fatties; therefore there will always be people judged and made fun of. Hell, if anything, this will make it worse. A larger person can make themselves look good with their choice of fashion (just as a hot person can make themselves look TERRIBLE with their choice of fashion).

3. Health Improvement: See above. People are made fun of for being fat now and fatty just says "It's not my fault, it's a glandular problem. Now I'm off to McDonald's for a 3 Big Mac's and a diet coke!" This will not change by removing clothing.

4. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....have you SEEN some people?

5. That can't be sanitary. People leave race tracks on their underwear; now imagine there being nothing for the race track to go on except for what they're sitting on...the horror.....it's..it's everywhere.......

I personally would walk around butt naked all the time if I could get away with it, clothes are annoying and it would save me a lot of time getting ready in the morning. So yeah, I would so totally go naked if the government banned clothes.

Though all the people vomiting in the street at the sight of me naked would probably be Hell for my self esteem.

It would be fun for a day, like an experiment (thought the resident Pantz Nazi *cough*Lucem712*cough* might disagree)

Sounds pretty terrible, especially in waist deep snow and areas that already have offensively high rape rates.

Also how can I hide myself behind layers of clothes without them. <.>

If I could get away with it i'd walk around stark bollock nekkid all the time.

I love swinging freely.

All I can think of is tha t it'd be unhygenic and heckuva cold. Even without social perceptions of nudity, I imagine that it'd still be pretty awkward managing yourselves around other people with their cock and balls hanging out (especially when they get an erection, and everyone's like, "Who the fuck is he boning up about? Is he looking at me? Should I approach him? Or maybe he's just daydreaming..."). It would fuck a lot of people's self-esteem even more, though.

Then again, it would save time when you're showering, or if you get wet any other time (e.g. rain, spillages, water guns).

I'd rather kill myself than live in such a world.

You mean walk around outside... on my bare feet? Maybe if the world were made of silk, otherwise no thank you.

And what about women who are, ehem, heavily endowed? They just have to walk around with no bra? Yikes!

Or guys who are very insecure about the size of their penis? They'd be forced to consantly look at other dudes' jocks all day.

Plus, I like pockets. I'd rather be a never-nude than a nudist.

tippy2k2:
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....have you SEEN some people?

Also this.

Without body make-up and special lighting, naked people look like the creature from the black lagoon.

Eugh no thanks. Not unless they made all the old and obese people live in secluded communes.

Esotera:

The question is, what do you think the world would be like if everyone was forced to be naked 100% of the time?

indecent exposure laws still apply.

Does... not... compute?

Batou667:

Esotera:

The question is, what do you think the world would be like if everyone was forced to be naked 100% of the time?

indecent exposure laws still apply.

Does... not... compute?

To clarify that point, going out into the street and masturbating and deliberately bothering other people with your genitals would be illegal. But just being exposed in an innocent way wouldn't be illegal.

Esotera:
Snip

... What kind of drinks did you have? Not sure if this helps anything in the slightest. I guess rape rates would skyrocket and more people would die. I'm not going to do it as NO ONE likes to see under my clothes. We are on the Escapist after all...

Well despite all the advantages of good-looking people I know, there are just as many people who I would not like to see in that way and I would probably never sleep again.

I'd rather not: it's cold as fuck outside, and I'm not in the best of conditions right now. I'd rather not be a walking eyesore, and besides, my clothes are kind of one of the reasons I'm still alive right now, so no, that's a downright retarded idea.

If it was a constant 85(degrees Fahrenheit) with a breeze and no rain i'd be fine with being nude constantly. Of course that presents the problem of not raining... goodbye life as we know it.

In my opinion I think we would become a hyper-sexualized society with very little monogamy. While culture does tend affect our perception of beauty we are still attracted to the naked human body because we are humans and this of course leads to sex. More nudity more sex and sense all shame would be gone casual sexual relationships would probably be the norm.

My objection to this idea is extremely shallow: I like clothes. I like fashion, I like wearing clothes. I want to keep my clothes. Thank you.

...Have you SEEN some people?! You want to be eating at a restaurant opposite a fat old saggy woman with her legs wide apart?

I'm certainly not walking around with my bits hanging out for everyone who sees me to throw up.
Also the cold. The stuff that happens to your body when you don't cover up properly...

In short, no no no no.

Too unhygienic.

I mean, think about this; how many of you hate having to sit on a public toilet seat? Unless you have a fetish for public bathrooms, you probably find it gross and unpleasant to some degree. Well guess what? Now EVERY seating surface will be no different than a public toilet seat.

Also, I happen to like clothing and think clothing looks cool. I'd rather not give it up.

I think it would seem like the end of the world.

Cities would burn to the ground as Firefighers could no longer fight fires effectively without their protective clothing.

Mortality rates would skyrocket, due to poor hygiene and easier transmission blood/bodily fluid born disease and infections.

Birth rates would probably fall as more people caught STDs and similar, sterilising infections from non-sexual acts like sitting on a public surface.

The banning of most forms of protective clothing would mean even relatively safe activities like motorcycling would become fatal in the event of a minor accident. Imagine someone flaying themselves on a dirty road after coming off a bike, then being picked up by naked paramedics, treated by naked doctors in a hospital full of other naked and sick people... it would be Hell.

Job productivity would plummet due to the lack of pockets, making most tasks less efficient and take longer. Industry (especially ones involving hazardous materials or machinery) would grind to a halt.

Many parts of the world that are too cold, exposed to the sun and elements or that have higher incidence of disease and inhospitable terrain would become barren and devoid of human habitation.

The more I think about it, the more I think this seemingly innocuous and silly notion of banning clothes could actually bring about the Apocalypse.

Jamash:

Birth rates would probably fall as more people caught STDs and similar, sterilizing infections from non-sexual acts like sitting on a public surface.

There has never been a proven case of someone catching an STI from touching a toilet seat etc. with their bare bum.

No thanks, I don't want to see naked old people wandering around. Plus here in Canada it'd be really fucking cold.

Esotera:
I thought I'd make a thread with a traditional misleading escapist title(TM) about a completely hypothetical scenario that is never going to happen. Let the flame wars commence!

The question is, what do you think the world would be like if everyone was forced to be naked 100% of the time? For the purposes of this scenario there are government-hired thugs that will force non-compliant troublemakers to strip at gunpoint, weather is not an issue, and any laws making public nudity illegal no longer apply. However, sexual harassment and indecent exposure laws still apply.

Personally I can see a load of health benefits and improvement in self-esteem, as nobody is going to be held to a ridiculous standard in the media anymore and sexualisation of partial or full nudity will be reduced. There's also a much greater incentive to keep in shape than if you were clothed.

On the other hand, it would completely destroy the clothing industry over night, and it does get quite chilly here in the UK. And I'm sure there would be lots of weirdos out there sexualising the lack of clothes, so we'd probably also need Paramilitary Pervert Police(TM) to discourage the commission of those sort of offences. Anyway, post your opinion or any insightful observations below, and don't forget to vote in the poll!

I was just about to make this thread... no really I was o-o
Mildly disturbed now...

Um, yeah why the hell not i could get on fine with it I have no real issues with my body or anything, especially since I got back in shape.

Edit: Incidentally I also don't care about the vast amount of scars I bear, self inflicted or otherwise.

As for the bonus question, the pet, fuck the stranger who I have no connection to.
Alternatively: my favourite pet is an Octopus! It would save the stranger > >

No and my dog.

I like my dog.. Alot, and its not likely that I'm alone on the scene.
I believe a stranger would rather save the strange man than the strange dog.

... unless they were like me ofc.

"Weather is not an issue"? Weather is a hell of an issue to not factor in!

Ah, I see you're from the UK.

Even if I could ignore the -40 weather, no. Clothes are nice.

Hell no, hanging free around todays plummeting temperatures and fast moving sharp objects is just asking for trouble.

Plus, the fat and the elderly will be naked too, I doubt humanity has enough toilets and sick bags to go around the entire population.

No. I have been growing up in a society with clothes being a legal requirement in public and thus I am stuck in that line of thought.

Now if I were to ignore how I was raised the answer would still be no. Rough surfaces such as rocks, gravel, hot asphalt would be painful. Walking in the forest would be really bad since the best protection is boots.

Now weather doesn't apply, does that even make sense? Even during the summer I rarely find the weather hot enough to require me to take off my shirt. Our summers last 2 months with luck.

Our society wouldn't change its beauty standards just because we were naked. It would just be glaringly obvious who didn't live up to it making the pressure worse. The number of people feeling awkward changing in a public locker room should be a hint.

Others have mentioned the fact that we have old, fat and otherwise ugly people that we do not want to see naked. I have seen those I don't want to see fully clothed.

Now there are all sorts of dangers, hygienic issues and such with walking around naked.

Jamash:

Birth rates would probably fall as more people caught STDs and similar, sterilising infections from non-sexual acts like sitting on a public surface.

Glad you brought this up. Do you know that some heavy duty work gloves could have prevented HIV?

I figure there'd be tons of different consequences to something like that, but on a comfort level? As someone who lives in Florida and spends his time at home nude(unless I have company that objects to that) I'd be okay with that. Doubt I'd see much worse then I have in the showers at my old gym.

Personally I would be in a crippled state of sadness due to my horrible issues with my body. And I would save my dog.

Hell no. No. No. No... No!

Given that I am the sort of person who hesitates getting naked for showers, I wear swimming trunks in the shower if there are people round, it would be hellish for me. And while, yes, there are certain celebrities and other local people I'd enjoy seeing naked it would lead to many an inappropriate erection.

Also I once had a gentleman issue that had me so embarrassed it took me 10+ minutes to let the doctor to her job, if I had to let people see that in public... Fuck it, I'd just kill myself.

What about when a guy finds a girl attractive.... There is a biological reaction that occurs...

It depends. Is this something that was just enforced today on a bunch of people who are accustomed to wearing clothes? If this is the case, then I think it would be a nightmare.

On the other hand, if we're talking about a hypothetical society where everyone has grown up naked, surrounded by naked people, where public nudity is seen as the norm, then I guess you just wouldn't notice anything being amiss, so it would be ok.

MorganL4:
What about when a guy finds a girl attractive.... There is a biological reaction that occurs...

Yeah, if you see boners all the time they kind of won't be anything "OHMIGOSHAPENISIAMSCARREDFORLIFE!"-worthy.

Though I'd be against a law that would tell me to be stark-naked. I like not freezing to death, and not having to mop up the entire apartment every time I come home from rainy weather.

The only people I'm interested seeing naked are myself and my smokin' hot gf.

Everyone else, keep yer shit on.

lacktheknack:
"Weather is not an issue"? Weather is a hell of an issue to not factor in!

Ah, I see you're from the UK.

Even if I could ignore the -40 weather, no. Clothes are nice.

Pfft the weather here in the UK is pathetic. People get bent out of shape over half an inch of snow for a day. I went to Switzerland and there was 4 feet of it on everything and I swear no fuck was given at any point by anyone.

And I maintained my two layers only policy >_O

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked