Apparantly the people behind the war z are making a movie...

At first I thought that http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2657152/?ref_=sr_2 was a fake IMDB entry... as it turns out it's not... http://forums.playwarz.com/showthread.php?115353-Who-is-excited!!!!-Feb-20th!&p=1739343&viewfull=1#post1739343

Personally I think this screams of "WE MADE DA MOVIE FIRST SO WE GOTZ DA TRADEMARK!"... It will be the most rushed movie ever made and when it is labelled as the worst movie ever made Sergey TitovLana Titova will claim that people misread the film description or didn't watch it in the right way

Uwe Boll must direct it just to add a little bit more amusement....

I love the credits:

Josh Butcher as Steve

Gavin Layton as Realtor

Justin Sherman as Zombie

Kimberly Westbrook as Caroline

Kimberly Westbrook as Carolyn

*If you check their film history, you can see that virtually every actor has been in the TV show "She's not that into you" Hehehe

Writers:

Lana Titova, Lana Titova, and one more credit

I'm actually excited for Lana Titova, this is her debut as a film Writer... and her debut as a credited film actress... and film director... and cinematographer... and producer... and editor...

Storyline:

Peter is obsessed with apocalypses. He reads and collects everything he could use in case of a zombie attack. One day he sees a strange news report on TV and decides to rescue his girl fiend. He drives to the cabin in the woods looking for her. He meets a group of people and together they have to withstand the zombie apocalypses.

Girl fiend. Zombie Apocalypses.

Genre

Horror / Sci Fi / Thriller

Sci fi?!?!

It really says something when even their IMDB page is a rushed mess full of glaring errors, simple mistakes, and contains no substance whatsoever.

Hero in a half shell:
Writers:

Lana Titova, Lana Titova, and one more credit

I'm actually excited for Lana Titova, this is her debut as a film Writer... and her debut as a credited film actress... and film director... and cinematographer... and producer... and editor...

I can't be bothered to check but is she Sergey Titov's wife or daughter? Maybe sister. I really doubt she just happens to share last name with him.

Are they going to only release 1/8th of the movie and somehow have micro transactions during the movie?

I'd love to have the now trademark "Titov epiphany" where your undeserved ego propels you to spew "art" at everyone without shame. I'd love to not be so shy about my creations, and these people just throw shit together hoping to dupe as many people as possible with no irony or embarrassment.

zdog jr:
Are they going to only release 1/8th of the movie and somehow have micro transactions during the movie?

Nah, they'll just release it as 8 12-minute movies on the same day so you have to buy 8 tickets.

zdog jr:

Probably...

something like...

"X percentage of the audience must pay an additional $12 to see the next 10 minutes of the movie."

And keeping in touch with their usual business practices...

"The story the trailers promised was a lie. This isn't a zombie apocalypse, this is a break-dancer apocalypse."

Peter is obsessed with apocalypses. He reads and collects everything he could use in case of a zombie attack. One day he sees a strange news report on TV and decides to rescue his girl fiend. He drives to the cabin in the woods looking for her. He meets a group of people and together they have to withstand the zombie apocalypses.

This premise reads like a series of fucking TV Tropes pages all stacked upon each other. If this is the rushed, panicky solution to their copyright woes that I think it is, than I can't wait to torrent that shit and just laugh.

I knew that a World war Z film has been made with Brad Pitt as the lead actor because it was advertised in the cinema yesterday when I went to see Django unchained, but I didn't know there was another one in the works. The IMDB page made me laugh, and I also thought that it was a hoax of some kind.

Rawne1980:

No, no, no. We need M. Night Shyamalan to direct it. Imagine the possibilities!

It would be pretty ironic if it turned out to be better than World War Z since I saw the trailer for that film it turned out to be a wannabe 28 days later and my interest dropped to rock bottom.

MiskWisk:

Rawne1980:

No, no, no. We need M. Night Shyamalan to direct it. Imagine the possibilities!

The problem is, M. Night Shyamalan might accidentally make a good movie. Or at least, we know he is capable of making good movies. With Ewe Boll, it's guaranteed to be terrible on IMMENSE and unexpected proportions.

This cant be for real ... right? "Written by Anonymous" ... This is fake right? I mean, at least that summary must be fake.
God I hope that summary is fake...

I'm sorry...? His...girl fiend?

Withstand the zombie...apocalyses? Is this a series? Does it happen in waves?

Honestly though, these War Z people are plummetting past the level of 'scum' in my estimation. With the amount of plagiarism, the despicable marketplace, the fact that it's really obviously a rip off of Day Z (down to the name) but despite being a full game can only at most equal Day Z in execution, their management of their forums, the devs' behaviour in-game, the false advertising...and now trying to make a fucking movie, without even the benefit of a cursory read-over of the summary, which from what I can discern seems like the most uninspired piece of shit, for what I suspect is the purpose of getting legal rights to the name and pretending they actually have a product...I hope everything they do goes really badly for them. I do.

I mean for fuck's sake, it's an apocalypse and they have one person as "Zombie".

According to that link, it is basically just a 6 part web series that was possibly combined into a single movie. I say possibly because apparently even Sergey Titov doesn't even know. He also specifically stated that it was low budget. So a low budget, questionable at best talent behind it, a story that is going to be paced like ass, the original source material being of notoriously poor quality, and what is literally the worst plot synopsis I have ever read, I predict that it will be utter garbage.

zdog jr:

Vausch:

zdog jr:

Nah, they'll just release it as 8 12-minute movies on the same day so you have to buy 8 tickets.

Weirdly enough it is apparently going to be free:

lol - it's a free product for fans. nothing more. ie - we're not going to sell it

will release it on youtube or thru our partners at gaming websites.

Sergey Titov
Executive Producer
The War Z

(That's Titov himself talking about it on the official forum)

Apparently it's six mini episodes they filmed "A while ago" for a laugh, and decided to release them now. Also apparently the pictures from the IMDB page are lifted straight from the Walking Dead. No shame.

The good news is that we have only 10 days to wait, and then we can all watch it for free and rip the absolute ass out of it if it turns out to be rubbish (which is an almost certainty.)

MeChaNiZ3D:

I mean for fuck's sake, it's an apocalypse and they have one person as "Zombie".

Maybe that's what the waves of apocalypses are? A one zombie rises to slightly inconvenience our heroes, then after few more years, the second zombie appears?

I hope this will be the entertaining kind of bad. But that usually requires people who are genuinely trying to do something they think is deep or artistic or original. And considering who is behind this, I predict it will just be lazy.

Lieju:

MeChaNiZ3D:

Maybe that's what the waves of apocalypses are? A one zombie rises to slightly inconvenience our heroes, then after few more years, the second zombie appears?

Or he's just...the first zombie in the world, and he can't manage to convert anyone else because he keeps getting killed. That could be a funny premise.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked