The Best Big YouTubers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I don't watch too many...

Cricken, I really like him... there's something very personal about his videos... always just looks like a couple people playing games for the first time...

Amazing Atheist... what can I say? just makes too much sense...

and that's about it as far as big youtubers go...<.<

Guitarmasterx7:

an annoyed writer:

DaKiller:
I'm a big fan of those dang ass game ass grumps as of late; it's the dream team that nobody saw coming!

What this guy said. GameGrumps is the first time I've EVER been able to watch a gameplay commentary from start to finish and still be entertained. No one else has done that for me.

I don't know about FAVORITE but I will agree to that. There's a lot of different character and comedic dynamics at play with game grumps and it makes great audio fodder. Every other commentary I've seen makes me feel like I'm 6 and I'm over at the house of that friend who doesn't ever let you have a turn on the nintendo. That said I prefer both Arin and Jon's content on their own respective channels much more.

Though anyone who does original cartoons has a lot of respect from me. Harrypartridge, psychicpebbles, Oney, StamperTV etc. Oh and I need to throw Ninjasexparty in there for being tragically underrated though they aren't really "big"

Agreed, on both accounts. I've tried doing flash and it's hard as fuck to learn, and to get as good as those guys with that is nothing short of artistic. Then there's the voice actors that do all of the funny ass voices that really help put it all together. I'm also really hoping Jon and Arin get back to their original schtick: their own video content is getting incredible as of late. To get that good with editing software take many hours of hard work and really shitty energy drinks, but when you finally get the timing just right you make something special.

TotalBiscuit - he's intelligent, reasonable guy with a style of humor that really fits my taste, ability to separate his personal opinions from the more objective ones, and present both in balanced manner, make it clear which is which, and ability to analyse gameplay mechanics and their effects in a very nice and clear way. If I ever finish making my game, it is my dream for him to do WTF is... of it, despite me knowing that he, personally, is going to hate it.

jefmajor - he's smart, despite him constantly claiming he's not and playing "the dumb guy" in a way, just for the fun of it, he's got awesomely juvenile humour, and loves "derping around" in games (i also believe he kind of invented the term), but at the same time, he knows how to really appreciate a game when it's worth of being appreciated, and is capable of story and symbolic analysis and interpretation better than mine - prior to watching his AC lp's I had no idea about the depth of the story despite finishing the game already. He mixes "the deep stuff" with "the derp stuff" in exactly the right amount for me, knows when to talk and when to shut up, and generally is probably the best LPer in my knowledge. On top of that, his choice of games is great, and usually a little different from the rest of the crowd.

vsauce - concentrate of fascinating tidbits of useless but inspiring and thought-provoking facts with a drop of entertainment, asks the most ridiculous and obvious questions with the most surprising and interesting answers. To me, his videos are kind of a "framework" of what edu-tainment should be and how should it be done.

minutephysics - I feel like I learned more from this guy than from all the physics classes in high school. I love his style of dumping relatively big amount of information on the viewer in a short time, I feel like it all connects together in my brain almost automatically thanks to that, as opposed to standard way of explaining, when I'm bored at every corner, because I have to wait for another piece of the puzzle while it is explained in a painfully slow way how the piece just presented fits to the bigger picture, which I already figured out by myself. Generally, I love how he doesn't assume the viewer is stupid.

NintendoCapriSun (LP)/BreakingNCS (vlog)
nqtv - rarely uploads
numberphile
deranker

Niga Higa. I find him amusing.

DaKiller:
I'm a big fan of those dang ass game ass grumps as of late; it's the dream team that nobody saw coming!

I think I prefer jontrons videos

but yeah I like jontron

Let see-
ERB
Freddiew
TeamFourStar
LittleKuriboh AKA Cardgameftw
Roosterteeth (does that count? I mean they do got alot of subscribers)

alchestbreach hes not that big but he is absolutely hilarious and definitely deserves to be bigger http://www.youtube.com/user/AlChestBreach?feature=g-user-lik
also whiteboy7thstreet i know its just cod videos but he still incredibly funny

I don't know if he's considered a BigYoutuber, but I love Penguinz0 aka Critical. I find his videos stupid and funny and he hasn't made a video, excluding his really early no commentary videos, that I haven't found funny.

Big fan of Day9's stuff. I don't even play Starcraft, I just like his personality. Extra special shoutout to his Amnesia LP, which I think is the best one out there on the Youtubez.

Highlight of that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZgJ1Die9Y

X (davidr64yt) is definitely my favourite, very enjoyable let's plays. However not certain he counts as one of the really big ones with 180k subs, so out of the more well known ones I would have to say TotalBiscuit.

BathorysGraveland2:
The biggest YouTubers I watch are GophersVids (almost 50,000 subs and over 12 mil views) and PrinceofMacedon (75,000+ subs and 46 mil views). Would they count as "big YouTubers"?

Gopher is pretty good, really enjoyed his Vampire: the Masquerade Let's Play.

Mine would be Game Grumps, Hutch, Seananners and Star_, though I'm sub'd to more than them.

Mr ScooterMagruder. He's not THAT big but he deserves to be. I would shake his hand if we happen to run into each other on a street.

dragonswarrior:
I'm not sure if they count as big to Youtube, but TeamFourStar and their Dragon Ball Z Abridged videos are fantastic, and hit millions of views each time.

Their Hellsing one has me in stitches. Every damn time.

FrankieonPCin1080p puts out pretty good videos.

He mainly does DayZ and BF3 videos so he might not be everyone's cup of tea but his DayZ videos are amazing. No trolling, no "look at me, I can camp on a hill in a bush", just great editing and great role playing. And his BF3 videos are good as well, although he mainly uses the gameplay as a background to talk about other stuff.

I'd also say CriousGamers (Or ChilledChaos), EatMyDiction and GassyMexican also put out some pretty funny stuff, although they're not "big". They do a good mix of games between, from big name titles to Source Mods.

My favourites are Totalbiscuit, he's a excellent journalist and presenter, Jesse Cox, hilarious, and I like the Yogscast but I don't watch them as much as I used to.

Sassafrass:
FrankieonPCin1080p puts out pretty good videos.

He mainly does DayZ and BF3 videos so he might not be everyone's cup of tea but his DayZ videos are amazing. No trolling, no "look at me, I can camp on a hill in a bush", just great editing and great role playing. And his BF3 videos are good as well, although he mainly uses the gameplay as a background to talk about other stuff.

I'd also say CriousGamers (Or ChilledChaos), EatMyDiction and GassyMexican also put out some pretty funny stuff, although they're not "big". They do a good mix of games between, from big name titles to Source Mods.

I've actually met both Chilled Chaos and Gassy Mexican. They're pretty cool guys, though they kinda fell off of my map when I left the machinima scene. I met Chilled when I was co-hosting for a friend's podcast, and I met Gassy on some old machinima-centered website before it fell apart because of piss-poor management. Hell, I think I remember something about an admin war and one of the admins was demonized and turned into a quickmeme or something. Only other people from that site would get the joke though.

Mr Cwtchy:
Big fan of Day9's stuff. I don't even play Starcraft, I just like his personality. Extra special shoutout to his Amnesia LP, which I think is the best one out there on the Youtubez.

I love Day9, but I haven't seen his Amnesia LP. That was actually terrifying to watch, it's not often that you see someone genuinely scared, but I almost soiled myself at the end there.

Aussie502:

Mr Cwtchy:

I love Day9, but I haven't seen his Amnesia LP. That was actually terrifying to watch, it's not often that you see someone genuinely scared, but I almost soiled myself at the end there.

Yup, he was like this for much of the LP. The first 30 mins or so he acts so confident, by the end of his first session that fašade was utterly shattered. :P

I highly recommend watching the whole thing, unless you haven't played the game yourself yet and plan to some day.

ERB - I dont think I need to Give a reason

Totalhalibut - Probably one of the best gaming figures on Youtube, because he more or less takes it seriously

OMFGCata (Well, if you consider 416k subs big enough) - Funny and plays alot of RPGs

Jefmajor (once again, not huge, but pretty big) - Hilarious, and, despite claiming to be incompetent, pretty informative during his lets play's

Vsauce - Seriously awesome

Freddie Wong - Great Special Effects (MORE GUNS!)

Not sure if all of these would classify as BigYouTubers, in no perticular order :

PewDiePie - Yeah, most of the time he's annoying and seems as he's trying too hard, but some of his LP's are awesome, especially when he genuinely enjoys the game he's playing (Fahrenheit, for the best recent example)

Ashens - The man's just so naturaly funny and could probably do reviews of anything in the world and make it funny.

The Amazing Atheist - TJ sometimes rants on about stuff he's ranted about for a million times, but more often than not he's very interesting and thought provoking

A Dose Of Buckley - although he can be a bit douchey and elitist (without realizing it, apparently), runs a very fun show to watch

TheRadBrad - He sucks at most games I've seen him play, but is such a positive character that I stick to his LP's and get frustrated and yell at the screen, and ultimately get enjoyment out of it - it's very weird...

Kikoskia - One of the best and most dedicated LPers out there, while being naturaly funny and making even the boring grinding and leveling in old-school RPG's fun to watch.

TotalBiscuit - WTF is... ? series are awesome, but I like the commentary given in Content Patch even more.

NonStampCollector - a very cool and funny atheist cartoonist

potholer54 - the best dismantler of YEC's nonsense in the world

jonlajoie - although not as active on the channel in the last months, the man's a bloody genious

Retsuprae - well, the true LP celebrities, what can I say more ?

lophatjello - aka Happy Video Game Nerd, very cool retro reviews

Also should mention the guys I originally saw on YT, but then went on to watch on their sites :
AVGN, Spoony, SideScrollers, AngryJoe, Pat the NES Punk, The Cinema Snob...

Give me them Creatures man! SSoHPKC, Kootra, ZeRoyalViking, Sp00n, Nova, Sly, but fuck Danz. Also good old Gassy Mexican, Chilled Chaos, EatMyDiction1, Hutch, Seananners, Vash, WoodysGamertag, TeamFourStar, and Achievement Hunter. Everyone of these guys are awesome.

I'm mostly subscribed to LP channels, I like them as background noise while I work:

Yogscast - I'm subscribed to most of their channels; my personal faves are Nilesy and Zoey.

Tobuscus - Sometimes it's good to be reminded that some people are worse at video games than I am. Plus he can be really funny, especially when he sings or does silly voices. :P

Captain Sparklez - Again, background noise mostly, and a good way to keep up with recent Minecraft mods and snapshots.

Game Grumps - Probably the only LP channel I actually devote my full attention to when I watch. Pure comedy, I love it.

HuskyStarcraft - I just love this guy's voice and his enthusiasm, his Starcraft 2 commentaries are fun to listen to. I also love his LPs, he's hilariously bad at games that aren't Starcraft. (Just watch his Scribblenauts Unlimited playthrough)

Other than that I like JonTron, Peanut Butter Gamer, Egoraptor, Freddy Wong and Corridor Digital, and Tobuscus' main channel has some great stuff (his Literal Trailers are gold).

While he's not particularly big, Epic Name Bro deserves a special mention. His channel is like a glorious encyclopaedia of Dark Souls lore and his speculations about the things that FromSoft left ambiguous are always very insightful and interesting to listen to.

Mine are-
Mattthewpatrick13
TheSw1tcher
Dodger (presshearttocontinue & DexterityBonus)
Spoony
Team Four Star
331ERock
and AVGN

I don't know about big ones, the biggest ones I watch a lot recently would probably be vlogbrothers and their channel scishow, they're really good.

But I usually watch more of TheoreticalBullshit and SysiphusRedeemed of late. He doesn't upload to YT anymore, but Foldable Human (He's got his own site somewhere) is really good.

RoosterTeeth/ Achievement Hunter - I my esteemed opinion, everything they do is gold.

ERB - Pretty self-explanatory.

Dexter Manning - Does some good stuff, kinda rambles a bit in his LPs, but I enjoy him. The guy he used to do Sanity Not Included with, Lyle, is awesome too, but he rarely updates, so...

LittleKuriboh - YGOTAS, 'nuff said. Matter of fact, he's coming to a con at my college, I may have to go check it out...

Well since no one's said anything about them yet (I think), I'll contribute with the Green brother's stuff.

Scishow, Crash Course and Vlog brothers are all pretty awesome. Combined together they have around two million subs, so I'd say that's a pretty big group of channels.

Also:
Total Biscuit
Husky
Nerd Cubed
Day[9]

Oh and EmceeProphIt (who I found on the Escapist). He's not a big channel at all and his videos are incredibly infrequent, but his game analysis(es?) are awesome.

Edit: Damn ninja'd by only two posts...

TotalBiscuit and LAGTV are probably my top two favorites.

Two immediately spring to mind.

1. LittleKuriboh. Yeah I know he also puts his stuff on Blip, but he still uploads his stuff to Youtube so it counts. He's the guy Youtube bans can't keep down, the voice of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. Most of what I love about his stuff, though, is his Let's Play of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. His take on it, though, is that he does it...as Marik Ishtar!! Oh and Bakura's farting around in the background somewhere.

2. Team Four Star. You may say I'm repeating myself, since TFS also uploads to Blip, are responsible for a hilarious Abridged Series (Dragon Ball Z Abridged) and do hilarious Let's Plays as characters from the series (Two Saiyans Play, AKA "Nappa Annoys Vegeta While Playing Video Games", not even counting the TFS Let's Plays). True, but come on, if you watched Dragon Ball Z in the 90s (as I did), worship of TFS is manditory. Plus, Ghost Nappa.

However, I just thought of a third.

Emer "Hellsing920" Prevost. I started watching Emer when he was doing his Fanboy Chronicles videos way back when, I really enjoyed his Longbox Chronicles videos (my personal favorite being the WWE comics he's reviewed), but his best idea has to be Reaction and Review. He basically records himself watching a movie, reacting to certain parts of it that either really catch his eye or are worth going into detail on why the moment is really freaking stupid/offensive/unnessecary/whatever, then after the credits come up he gives a review about wether he liked the movie or not.

Pat Condell. He is just fucking awesome. He doesn't care what other people think about what he say,he just state his mind.

I really like Nerdcubed, though I'm not sure he could be considered a BIG Youtuber. He's pretty funny, seems to honestly have a lot of fun with whatever he does, and reminds me of myself so much it's scary. For example, upon getting a teddy bear in the Sims 3, his first reaction was to immediately name it Batman.

Though I'm not that big of a fan, I do watch some Totalbiscuit here and there. Mostly if he does a video on a game that I'm interested in getting. From what I've seen, he seems to be pretty objective in his reviews.

lRookiel:
Game grumps for the motherfucking win.

Jon and Arin are so damn funny.

Also this. I don't think there's been an episode yet which hasn't made me laugh myself to death.

From the channels I'm subscribed too, these are the "biggest" YouTubers, and therefore the best:

Game Grumps
Egoraptor
VSauce
Mega64
TheAmazingAtheist
Harry Partridge

and Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (you're missing out if you haven't looked at Yahtzee's channel. It's yahtzee19)

I like:

GameGrumps (along side JonTron and Egoraptor)
PewDiePie
TwoBestFriendsPlay (Matt and Pat)
ReviewTechUSA
Farfromsubtle (Video Games Awesome)
HappyConsoleGamer
ScrewAttack
ClanOfTheGrayWolf
Archimedies123
NintendoFanGirl
ShadyParadox
Dilandau3000 (Both D3000 and Shady do AMAZING let's play's on the Myst series)
NoahAntwiler & Countermonkeybard (The Spoony Experiment)
Cinemassacre (AVGN)
brentalfloss
AngryJoeShow

This is just a small portion of what I watch, But I was just trying to narrow down the ones that are more well known.

Does Team four star and HISHE count since they area group rather than a individual.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked