Which way do you enjoy doing physical exercise the most?
In a Gym
12.4% (25)
12.4% (25)
Outside walking or running
28.9% (58)
28.9% (58)
At home with an exercise machine
10.9% (22)
10.9% (22)
By playing sports games
12.9% (26)
12.9% (26)
I dont do physical exercise
8.5% (17)
8.5% (17)
All ways are enjoyable for me
2% (4)
2% (4)
Other
18.9% (38)
18.9% (38)
Umbrella
5% (10)
5% (10)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which way do you enjoy doing physical exercise the most?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Which way do you enjoy doing physical exercise the most?

You seem to be making an awful lot of threads...

Anyways I prefer to do it at home but I choose Umbrella.

I'm lazy and the only real physical exercise I get it walking.

The upside of walking is now being able to listen to music. Sure, I listen to music at home but I can't concentrate on the music and do other things at the same time. I get distracted and seriously frustrated if I'm multi-tasking between internet and music so end up having to turn the music off.

So walking is good for my thighs and all those albums that have been collecting dust on my shelf.

Guys personally I enjoy walking the most. Running makes me tired quickly, and I could also get hit by obstacles or bump into people because of it. Walking is safe and I dont get tired at all, and its also more relaxing. Running makes me feel like Im on a race or something. Also I like going outside in general - fresh air, meeting new people, peeing in the bushes etc etc....lots of awesome experiences during the journey.

I love to get my exercise through sports but lately I haven't played any so I stick to walks or jogs.

Walking or dancing.

Walking because it serves a purpose (and saves me money), and dancing because it makes me feel good. ^_^

Uhh, why the hell is swimming not an option? Or biking? I like doing those two a lot more than any other exercises. High-cardio, low impact. Doesn't make you hurt all over like the various other exercises, and you're freely moving around, which stimulates the mind as well as the body.

Playing physical games.

I hate exercising just for the sake of it. I loathe jogging and I'm not big on doing weights.

On the other hand, I'll happily spend hours kicking a soccer ball around with the kids.

In the gym. I mean that is the only time I would ever use the gym equipments since they have it in there (yes I know there are other way to excersise your body like push up but I too lazy to try other body excersie other than running/ jogging).

I usually don't do anything but I have gotten into the habit of doing 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups everyday which I've been doing for a couple of months. It's not much but I've been doing it enough now that its really easy so I can step it up to 20 each per day =) Hopefully I can eventually step it up to 30, then 40, then 50 each per day - and I'm hoping by then starting another form of exercise (like running) will then be much easier! X)

I loved playing sports ... when I still played sports. XD

I started up running recently (although doing it when the sidewalks were icy probably wasn't a good idea, considering I twisted my knee and it still isn't fully healed), and I'm not minding it as much as I thought I would. I get to listen to music, and I definitely needed to get in better shape. I might play some soccer or baseball in the spring, too.

I'm in New England, which means the walking program I was so proud of myself for starting while it was still winter got put on hold by the blizzard. I guess I can resume now, but the momentum is gone.

I don't enjoy exercise at all. I do enjoy the benefits: being able to climb stairs without getting winded, pick up a hundred pounds without feeling out of control, that sort of thing.

You missed pretty much every sport other than running...

I love running but I'm sort of considering stopping as I'm getting a hell of a lot of injuries from it. I'll probably take up cycling as that's great fun if you have some nice countryside, and maybe swimming.

Other. I prefer to work out at home with minimal equipment (weights, resistance bands, pull-up bar).

I prefer either walking on my treadmill at home or around the neighborhood. Not a fan of cardio though so I enjoy weight lifting.

At my Krav Maga class :p

Playing sports mostly, like soccer.

I swimm. I have been in a swimming team for years and I never get bored with it.

Just physical work. I live on a farm, such is life. Kind of surprised work isn't even in the poll. Ya'll are lazy.

I used to do some freerunning/parkour stuff, but I hurt myself a few times and haven't got back into it yet. I plan to though, it was a lot of fun. Most of these days I just ride on my long board for a couple hours. When i was younger i loved to swim. I imagine that most of this community doesn't exercise much. Physical activity isn't to popular with our crowd.

Ps- How do I umbrella ?

Biking, walking, working out at home (no machine). Biking's definitely my favourite, it's where I try out new music albums as well :)

Nantucket:
I'm lazy and the only real physical exercise I get it walking.

The upside of walking is now being able to listen to music. Sure, I listen to music at home but I can't concentrate on the music and do other things at the same time. I get distracted and seriously frustrated if I'm multi-tasking between internet and music so end up having to turn the music off.

So walking is good for my thighs and all those albums that have been collecting dust on my shelf.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. The only physical activity I get is walking to and from different classrooms and the cafeteria.
I do have a weekly PE lesson, but I dread it and do as little as possible, so I don't feel it counts.

When I'm on holidays from Uni I work in construction so I have to say getting paid to do exercise is the best. Don't get all that much of a cardio exercise from it though unfortunately.

SPOOOOOORT

Sports are fun.

I have a magnetic resistance bike in my own house that helped speed up my weight loss, but I actually get most of my activity through all of the domestic chores and yard-work I tend to do.

"Sex is a great mode of exercise," Los Angeles sexologist Patti Britton, says.

So at home, though at the gym could be fun too if I thought I could get away with it.

Auron225:
I usually don't do anything but I have gotten into the habit of doing 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups everyday which I've been doing for a couple of months. It's not much but I've been doing it enough now that its really easy so I can step it up to 20 each per day =) Hopefully I can eventually step it up to 30, then 40, then 50 each per day - and I'm hoping by then starting another form of exercise (like running) will then be much easier! X)

I highly suggest learning the different variants of push-ups and crunches. They can add a little spice to your routine and helps work out slightly different muscle groups.

I work out at home, but without much equipment.

About 18 months ago I set myself the challenge of doing 100 push ups every day. Initially 10-20 at a time, but these days I can do them all in one go. Since then I've also branched out into different varieties of push up, sit ups, crunches and jumping jacks. I bought a set of dumbbells too, but they don't get as much use.

As much as i try to go to the gym.. i prefer doing outdoor fitness, its far more interesting because u can look at the scenery and enjoy the fresh air and so on!

I like to run with my dog. And it's probably the "with my dog part" that I enjoy the most. He is a very good influence on my physical fitness.

I used to cycle 40+ miles in a day. Now I pretty much just go to the gym, because I don't have the time to devote a whole day to exercising and the following day to recuperating.

At home, but I don't use any machines.

I just do squats and sit ups.

Kevlar Eater:
Other. I prefer to work out at home with minimal equipment (weights, resistance bands, pull-up bar).

This really. I have an app on my phone to actually schedule this kinda stuff now, every other day i do 100 reps and 60 sit ups. Its fairly straight forward and ive been steadily building muscle mass over the last 3 months. I dont really see the need to spend excess money on this kind of thing. I also walk to work a lot and walk a lot AT work to the point where my work is basically 3-4 hours of constant walking. So i count that as covering my legs. I know its not comprehensive and i should probably do squats but i like what i do at the moment. The time needed to do these activities is about 15 ish minutes where i can jam out to a song.

Having sex.

If that doesn't count, walks definitely.

Running is my sport, but i picked the running option overall. Fresh air and pleasant noises are what draw me outside for running as opposed to an indoor treadmill.
I also play basketball but I don't feel like I get as much of a workout from it. But yeah, sports and running.

No biking though?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked