7.1% (25)
7.1% (25)
Let's do the Harlem Shake
17% (60)
17% (60)
I am usually the lonely guy dancing...
1.4% (5)
1.4% (5)
So this is what humanity has been reduced to? Time to activate that doomsday device after all...
27.3% (96)
27.3% (96)
I do the gangam style to the Harlem Shake music, because that's just how I roll
3.4% (12)
3.4% (12)
Let me just get my horse mask and I will be ready
8.2% (29)
8.2% (29)
Bacon-Batman-Woof
13.4% (47)
13.4% (47)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Harlem Shake

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Well hello everyone, I just wanted to ask YOU, yes YOU you awesome person reading this, one thing:
What do you think about this new "internet craze", the "Harlem Shake".
For those of you who do not have the time to indulge in such frivolous matters for your minds are usually occupied with tasks of the utmost importance that will certainly serve to further mankind, here is an example of what I am rambling on about:

So, tell me after having watched this, what are your thoughts on this new "fad" by answering the poll.

And because this thread was severely lacking in comedy and nonsense:
Bacon
Chocolate Pudding
Warthog
Doll
Schnüledldü Piep

Thanks, I am pretty awesome, aren't I?

Yeah I've seen the Harlem Shake videos spread like wildfire over the week and for now I actually kinda like it.
Some of the bigger-scale videos are pretty great.

Unfortunately, I can see the fad getting run into the ground pretty soon. Better make my own before it's uncool, eh?

So, dancing without coordination with bad electronica BGM?

Wake me when the meme is over.

I've seen the video thumbnails but never wanted to watch them because I thought it would be painful. I was right. WHAT IN THE HELL IS IT MEANT TO BE!?!?!? It's just some retarded uncoordinated dance to pretty crappy music. At least Dance like a butterfly had comedic value (just youtube it. trust me.)

SanAndreasSmoke:

Unfortunately, I can see the fad getting run into the ground pretty soon. Better make my own before it's uncool, eh?

Haha yeah

Only discovered this yesterday. Kinda funny and the trap song is cool but it will probably get annoying pretty soon like gangnam style did. Then watch as the media/annoying people keep at it for several months to come.

Katatori-kun:
bad electronica BGM?

lol

I don't see it catching on as well as something like, say, Gangnam Style. And to be honest, I'm glad. That was just stupid.

Needs more Goldfish for the music.

But honestly, I don't get the craze. And nearly everyone I'm subbed to has either done the damn thing or their comments section are filled with "DO TEH HARLEM SHAKE!!!!!!!!!111111!!1!111!!!" So yeah, I kinda hate it at the moment.

None of the options convey my honest lack of interest. The dances themselves are only sort of funny, the song is just annoying, and the whole gag of jumping to a whole bunch of people dancing crazily really isn't new or good enough to warrant the kind of attention this is apparently getting (when YouTube logged me out for no good reason there were about twenty videos of this on the front page). I do not like it, but moreso I just don't care.

Erm, I'm going to be a snob and say that that's not even a real Harlem Shake, this is:

HardkorSB:
Erm, I'm going to be a snob and say that that's not even a real Harlem Shake, this is:

I see your snobbery and raise you a disambiguation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_shake

<_< -Looks over at Avatar-

To be fair, pelvic thrusting is totally on topic for Valentine's day.

OT: I'm not sure why I enjoy it so much, but I do. My favourite ones were the original one I wanted (see Avatar), 'Father and Son Harlem Shake' and the one with Slenderman.

I know it isn't the most creative thing and it'll probably putter out in a week or month but eh, I'm easily entertained and makes me laugh.

It just seems that the internet is so bored it'll go crazy about even the most unremarkable things. Like this dance craze. People do stupid dances like Gangnam Style and then other people go crazy... There's nothing better to do?

My university is planning to do one. Hopefully it turns out alright. It's kind of funny for a bit, bit gets annoying after a while.

My friend's university did one, apparently it resulted in several injuries and damaged university property : S

I put it on the same level with planking. Pretty freakin' dumb and cannot pass out of the public consciousness soon enough.

its not bad I like it more than Gangnam Style

but most of the videos has nothing but dudes humping other dudes or walls??

Yeah, I wish I could do the Harlem Sha-. . . wait, huh. . . what the fuck is . . . . WHY!? YOU RUINS IT!!!

I don't know why this exists. But it's funny in a totally stupid sort of way.

I now know that is...

But what the hell is twerking? And why do some videos have "v#" after it?

The whole thing just raises too many questions...

antidonkey:
I put it on the same level with planking. Pretty freakin' dumb and cannot pass out of the public consciousness soon enough.

Thank you. I heard this track today and it sounds like getting your teeth drilled. Why is everyone so fucking desperate to go viral at the moment. It really is the most fleeting of fame going because you can bet that with half a month there will be something else to take your 1.5 seconds of fame.

What.

The fuck.

Capcha: You good? No, Captcha. No, I am not. I am stunned for 2d4 minutes.

I still don't get the harlem shake thing, but I'll contribute the first video I encountered with this whole harlem shake thing.

First Soup, now Shakes? Why do all these crazy food dances come out of Harlem?

The videos aren't that bad.

Meh.. I know it's out there as I visit Youtube, but I really don't even know what it is as I haven't watched any of the videos or anything. Really couldn't care less about this latest fad.

My friend watched these videos for about 2 hours. Each video being only 30 seconds, I'd say he likes it. Catchy and just the right amount of randomness

I find it comical, but this is certainly not a new thing. We were doing stuff like this in the early 90's with home video cameras.

Oh, a thread full of people saying they "don't get" a new fad because it doesn't live up to their own personal choreographic standars, or because the music used is too mainstream bad.

Who would have guessed... and on the escapist of all places.

I just found these vids a few days ago. They gave me a chuckle alright.

I find them entertaining and funny, though I had no idea they existed until this thread - so thank you for that, OP.
They're good for a bit of light-hearted fun.
Not going to be another killjoy and decry it just to look cool and mature.

There will come a day when our internets will reach an alien civilization, and at that point, we are going to be nuked frome orbit XD.

I find the whole fad to be pretty lame. Here's the only Harlem Shake video that will ever matter:

My favorite meme of the past five years.

Love the Harlem Shake and I hope the quality of future versions stays high.

Goofguy:
I find the whole fad to be pretty lame. Here's the only Harlem Shake video that will ever matter:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-dance-meme-alert-the-harlem-shake-blows-up-and-so-does-baauer-20130212,0,710177.story

The good news is the song they're dancing to is way, way better than "Gangnam Style" -- it's a weird and infectious instrumental put out by Diplo's label Mad Decent

Well, that's debatable. It isn't

Abandon4093:
Oh, a thread full of people saying they "don't get" a new fad because it doesn't live up to their own personal choreographic standars, or because the music used is too mainstream bad.

Who would have guessed... and on the escapist of all places.

I just found these vids a few days ago. They gave me a chuckle alright.

I say I don't get it because I don't.

I mean, they're funny, but I'm not even sure what the principle is.

Normal things are happening, one person starts dancing and then it does a jumpcut and everyone is going completely insane? Is that it?

As recent memes go, it's not too bad. It's kind of fun. But the Slenderman one was rather great.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked