Things you regret saying on forums

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I've said somethings on this forum and others that I'm not proud of. One of my most famous post, DMC fans are the worst fans, had me miss judging people for what others did. Do believe that there are stupid fans? yes. Should I say that the whole fan base is a bunch of idiots who complain about Dante's New Look? No. I have heard some good reasons why they don't like the game and/or why they don't like the new Dante. It just made come off as a jerk, and I felt Pretentious say that. I defend Call of Duty fans by saying that just because they're are adolescent assholes who swear doesn't mean that everyones is like that, and here I am doing what people do to the people I defend. If there was a way to take down that post, I would, or at least try to put in captions that I'm being generalized and doesn't apply to everyone, Has this ever happened to you?

Nothing yet. I hope to avoid this for quite a while.

Saying DNF is the worst game I've ever played when I reviewed it.
That generated quite a shit storm I wasn't expecting. While I don't exactly regret it too much, due to the comments it got for a user review here, it's something I don't really want to have happen again. :p

Do I regret the things I say on the internet, a place where I cannot and will not have to take reponsibility for my actions because no one on there knows where/who I am? Of course not don't be silly.

On lots of forums I regret posting my opinion sometimes. On certain topics, people get really angry when you hold a different view or present evidence against their opinion.

There are a few things that don't represent my opinions anymore and make me out like a total idiot. Probably something super embarrassing, but nothing I can think of the top off my head.

I'm a rape survivor. I always seem to regret ever bringing it up ://

I regret ever entering into any religious or politically-oriented discussion on these forums.

The post that got me my first ever warning on here. It was 9/11 related, I shall say no more....

Fappy:
I regret ever entering into any religious or politically-oriented discussion on these forums.

This.

Also, I've fed trolls before a few times before I got a bit smarter.

Pretty much that worst raging people you encounted in a online game on here. I pretty set myself up as a dick and even when I did apologise for my statement, some people still argue against me even one try to flame bait me. Yesh people, I apologise, what more do you want other than trying to get me a warming?

bleys2487:

Edit: Yeah, that's dumb, forget I said anything.

OT: I've said a number of things I regret, everyone does.

Said some dumb things about MLP when it first took off.

Daystar Clarion:

bleys2487:

'Survive' isn't really the right word. You don't 'survive' being raped any more than you, say, 'survive' being robbed.

I'm guessing you regret mentioning it now, huh :D

Edit: The more I think about it, the more dumb that sounds. I'll leave it for now though.

Oh COME ON, I am having a hard time restraining myself as it is, trying very hard NOT to make an inappropriate joke and whatnot.

On topic:
Probably one of my earlier posts? I really don't know, I still do stand behind everything I said, save for a few occasions I changed my opinion later.

My first few posts around here were pretty vitriolic. And poorly structured.

Walls of text, walls of text everywhere without formatting because I didn't know the BBCode for everything yet.

I learnt from all that I typed, especially the "regrettable" posts. I also managed to avoid warnings... so nothing I regret long after the fact.

Honestly, I'm pretty careful in what I say. There are lots of things I regret thinking, but I usually know how to hold my tongue.

I regret being overly polite and lying to protect people's feelings. I now realise that sets a precedent that I can't keep up because when it comes down to it, I suppose I just don't value many people's lives enough to be nice and comforting and caring all the time. Honesty is like nature. It is both beautiful and brutal.

Calibanbutcher:

Daystar Clarion:

bleys2487:

'Survive' isn't really the right word. You don't 'survive' being raped any more than you, say, 'survive' being robbed.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more dumb that sounds. I'll leave it for now though.

Oh COME ON, I am having a hard time restraining myself as it is, trying very hard NOT to make an inappropriate joke and whatnot.

Yeah, I'm really learning not to be surprised anymore.

Anything I said on the internet before 2010, when I reached my mid twenties. Seriously, if somebody can figure out a time machine, I want to go back to every day of my life and slap myself.

I think I live my life foot-to-mouth.

I REGRET NOTHING

Because I try not to say anything not lolz-related

I've said many things I've regret saying throughout my time on the Internet. Most recently on that one thread talking about the latest Army of Two game. I got into an argument over whether or not the game was offensive due to the fact it involved drug cartels in Mexico. I say some stuff that was misinterpreted by the other side and I ended up saying some stupid stuff in order to try to explain myself.

I was never good at debating or trying to get opponents to see my side of things. I don't even know why I try. Whenever I enter them, my mind gets jumbled when it comes to what I want to say.

bleys2487:

Calibanbutcher:

Daystar Clarion:

Yeah, I'm really learning not to be surprised anymore.

Yeah, bring surprised on the internet...
But hey at least you get to call me a misogynistic rape-supporter etc...

Not regretting having said anything specific, but I do wish sometimes I didn't continue in a discussion with a few folks who weren't interested in a discussion as much as they were interested in being a keyboard warrior.

I don't regret anything that I've posted, there's no reason to. Why would I insult logic and loyalty?

Probably lots, I posted a lot of dumb stuff, but it was mostly a while ago so I doubt anyone remembers them. If anyone was around late '08/early '09, and actually read any of my posts, they probably think I'm a dribbling moron.

I regret responding to the masturbation thread.
Just... bad move Nantucket, truly a bad move.

I often regret voicing a strong opinion, because I just know I'm going to get called out for it and I just can't be bothered responding and getting into a huge debate over it. Ever had 45 notifications because you said "I think Arkham Asylum is better than Arkham City?"

Anything I said when I was drunk. I think I've done that at least twice on here.

I probably talk about deeply personal matters too much, but with anonymity and all that it probably doesn't matter. I've been guilty of trying to say factual things and having my information wrong, but I learned to take 30 seconds and verify shit before I say it. Not being afraid to admit wrongness, and being warning-free, I say I don't feel so bad about it.

ShadowRatchet92:
Has this ever happened to you?

I have frequented a variety of different forums and the content of my posts shift more dramatically than you might expect across them. More to the point, so does the dumb shit I say on them. There are drama posts pre-teens would be ashamed about on several role-play forums, embarrassing fan-fictions from when I actually was a pre-teen (with the assumption that sites that ancient still exist), stories from MMO's I've decided to repeat to the public where I come off as mentally deficient and the list goes on, and on, and on.

On the Escapist however, things take a slightly different route. There's obviously still the usual mistakes that stem from my lack of proof-reading or simple thoughtlessness that really shof off my supreme idiocy but that's too be expected. What separates it from most other forums I currently frequent I tend to write ridiculously personal posts, particularly about my mental state, that I then usually feel the need to edit. Fortunately, most of these get trashed before I actually hit posts - but there are a few of them out there.

My first post here was about having extreme difficulty using a mouse and keyboard. So I asked the question: why do "PC Elitists" preach that a mouse and keyboard is the best controller, of all time, ever.
Turns out my extreme difficulty using a mouse and keyboard was because I was drunk. Also I was playing a game that was designed for console controllers (GTA). Kind of regret making a thread about it and wasting people's time.
I don't post much (on this forum or others) so I leave little scope for regret. I probably should post more on this one now that I think about it. I really like this site and I think I've lurked long enough.

I haven't said anything here so far that I regret. I do remember one thing I said back in 2006 on another forum and I regretted it cause it was extremely bias.

But other than that I always try to check my words carefully to make sure I will not regret anything.

There's some arguments I regret not continuing (one most recently on one of the feminism threads), but I figure that it's not like I've lost anything.

Everything I posted as a 13 year old Christian without any true understanding of the religion I ascribed to, I regret now as a 24 year old agnostic. I really feel bad for some of the stuff I said about gay people.

Yeah, I've had a bit of a snarl at a few people around here.

Also, I have a bad habit of getting caustically sarcastic with people who probably didn't have it coming.

Also, also, I remember making one rather toxic comment on a Youtube video. It had to do with hunting for sport.

Daystar Clarion:

bleys2487:

Edit: Yeah, that's dumb, forget I said anything.

So you said something you regret on the thread about saying things you regret?

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked