What is your earliest memory?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

How far back can you remember? How old were you and what was the memory?
My earliest would be back when I was 4 years old, except it was a dream. I remember that I was being lowered into lava in a James Bond sort of scenario and when I touched the lava I woke up.
I also remember playing a Thundercats flash game online. I spent a lot of time in front of the computer when I was 4 now that I think about it. I remember looking at Adobe Acrobat on the desktop and thinking "what does acrobats have to do with computers?". I remember pretending to be a wrestler with my Hulk Hogan plushee by jumping off of my dresser and totally cutting deep into my back from the corners of it. I do know my parents were worried sick and I was picking at it all night.

So how 'bout you?

I have hazy memories of the trailer that my family lived in until I was around four years old, I can vaguely remember the layout of the inside and our yard. There are a few actual things I can still remember too, like owning a small Disney-themed tape recorder/player and listening to a tape of A Goofy Movie soundtrack over and over.

There isn't really a lot of my past that I can definitively recall, though. I could tell you general things that happened going back to when I was six, but until about ten or eleven I can't recall anything more than a nebulous "this happened at some date".

My earliest memory would be when I woke up in a race car bed. And another involved me walking in a forest filled with snow. I also remember being scratched by a cat we used to own, which is strange because according to my parents, she was declawed.

Playing with a toy aeroplane in a waiting room somewhere. The plane is white and looks like a normal passenger plane. I remember being annoyed that the carpet in the room was too thick for the plane's wheels to roll on it properly. The seats in the room are grey-ish blue.

I mentioned it to my mum once. She told me I must have been two years old since that's when I had that toy.

Looking down from the balcony at the Contemporary Resort at Disney World. No clue how old I was.

I remember a bunch of things from when I was two years old at the earliest, though I'm not sure of the order of them. I remember my mom being pregnant with my sister, going to the hospital when she was born (I remember the big red circle tiles on the floor), going to Niagara Falls and riding the Maid of the Mist and being terrified of the fountains in the botanical gardens. I also remember being terrified on a hot air balloon, screaming so hard they had to bring it down, I remember being handed into someone's arms on the ground and the loud noises. I also remember eating a bottle of children's Tylenol, and even thinking about the decision to do that, and my mom making me throw up in the back yard afterwards. I remember my cat coming up to my waist and being shorter than the kitchen table. I also remember potty training.

I remember way too much weird stuff. I basically remember almost all of my childhood and my childhood thoughts in very vivid detail. The order of things, not always so accurately.

Cutting my lip on the concrete step to the back garden as a toddler.

My mom saying "Hi" to me and with someone I believe to be my grandad standing behind her I believe I was propped up on the couch when it happened.

I was about four years old. It was Christmas, and my present was a PS1, with Spyro the Dragon as the game along with it.
I remember loving it, and my family being surprised at how quickly I was able to use the controller (it was my first console, so I'd had no practise prior to then as far as I know). Good times, good times...

I think it was being very small and running down the stairs, and tripping over the draft excluder at the bottom of the door and crying a lot.

at 4 yo playing one evening after dinner in the back yard in the old shed in the back yard, walked outside and my foot felt wet. took off my show and realised it was full of blood. id put a nail through my foot and never felt it. fun christmas hobbling around that year

I was almost a year old and my dad was eating some jalapenos. I thaught they were pickles so I yelled "PICKLE, PICKLE!" My dad wasn't going to give me a jalapeno, but apparently I was insistent. He eventually gave me a pepper. Then, with a victorious grin, I bit into that "pickle" and awaited it's sour goodness. Next thing I know I'm crying my ass off and my Dads saying "See? I told ya so." Nowadays I'm quite fond of chile.

Before I was born/when I was a baby.
It's the feeling of floating in a void while surrounded by pitch black.
No sense of having a body, no sense of sound. For whatever reason, I remember that. Nobody that I've spoken to has that same memory and it baffles me. My recollection of that has stuck with me my whole life.

From that point on, I witnessed snippets of my life on autopilot. I saw things, but I couldn't seem to really control myself. Then back to the darkness, and then to another random day. I remember placing toys into a box originally designated for bananas, crawling at my grandmas house to her old tomcat that hissed at me, and playing with my first dog (who was already 12 years old when I was born).

But, on sentient life...
All of a sudden I was about two years old and pissed off.
Hopped off the couch and headed over to the basement stairs saying "I wish I was a monster".
Was about 11 am - 12 pm and I recall the living room being flooded with bright yellow sunlight. I don't remember waking up that day, it was like all of a sudden I was just aware of things. I've been in control from that moment on.

Those are my earliest memories.

2 girls (blonde and brunette) taking me for a walk in my pram, so around 1 I guess.

Being 2. My mum had me in her arms wrapped in swaddling. This lasted ages, and I was getting really angry. Psychologically, babies like being coddled and constricted. I fucking hated it. To this day if I feel a form of weight that stops me moving my feet around or something I get an almost uncontrollable urge to beat the nearest individual relentlessly until said situation is somehow resolved. Fortunately, I just physically move what ever object or person has obstructed my movement.

NightmareExpress:
Before I was born/when I was a baby.
It's the feeling of floating in a void while surrounded by pitch black.
No sense of having a body, no sense of sound. For whatever reason, I remember that. Nobody that I've spoken to has that same memory and it baffles me. My recollection of that has stuck with me my whole life.

From that point on, I witnessed snippets of my life on autopilot. I saw things, but I couldn't seem to really control myself. Then back to the darkness, and then to another random day. I remember placing toys into a box originally designated for bananas, crawling at my grandmas house to her old tomcat that hissed at me, and playing with my first dog (who was already 12 years old when I was born).

But, on sentient life...
All of a sudden I was about two years old and pissed off.
Hopped off the couch and headed over to the basement stairs saying "I wish I was a monster".
Was about 11 am - 12 pm and I recall the living room being flooded with bright yellow sunlight. I don't remember waking up that day, it was like all of a sudden I was just aware of things. I've been in control from that moment on.

Those are my earliest memories.

I kind of get what you mean. For me, 'sentient' control seemed to come one morning and my sisters were going to school. I remember that sense of sudden control, because it turned out I had my sister's names the wrong way round (I was quite an early speaker).

I remember being quite annoyed because it meant time seemed to pass slower. Also responsibility to incremental but increasing degrees, and I'm very much a fan of relaxing.

Knocking a glass of milk over.

I remember stepping in a hole while playing outside in the rain at this big farmhouse my parents bought. When I tried to free the boot I pulled my foot out instead. My mom wasn't too pleased with me tracking mud into the house.

I was about two years old, at the beach with my mom and her friend who brought this huge watermelon. seriously. I've never seen a watermelon that big. It was bigger than I was at the time.

Mine was when I was sitting in my first home (which I am now living quite close to again :']). I wanted to shorten my first name. I told my parents and they said "Sure, you can have a shorter name!" I remember loving the freedom. That's as early as I can go back. I was roughly 2 or 3. I still think about it from time to time.

Capacha: Sonic screw driver. That's pretty fitting, isn't it cappy?

It kinda blurry, but my earliest memory is going with my folks is to go and get a cat/kitten from some people. I remember my parents aking me what I wanted to name the cat, I replied with "Catty". Thus, the legend that was Catty was born. Well, adopted. The fact that I could talk and understand people tells me that I was at least a couple of years old.

Being in my grandma Renee's house (which I just visited today, for the first time in years, oddly enough), listening to someone yelling. Think I was about two or so.

I remember this dark, foul smelling playhouse in the first school I went to. That thing was EVIL, I tells ya!

Giant walls. I was 3 and in preschool or something, whatever they do in France, and I just remember these seemingly massive walls rising all around me.

I don't remember much of when I was a kid, and I can't be sure about how old I was in the memories I do have. I did have an awesome dream when I was around five or six where I was on the run from a "bad man" and the world was kinda Dickenesque but with certain steampunky - something I had no idea existed then - elements. I especially remember hiding in a rubbish bin for some reason. It was scary but I remember waking up thinking it was super cool.

From further back, there's another dream that felt so real that when I woke up I didn't know why I was in my room and not at my Swedish grandparents. Oh and the dream where I thought the Jesus statue at the top of the stairs at my Irish grandparents house was coming to get me! I woke up crying from that one.

Man I had some awesome dreams as a kid... Real memories, not so much.

Learning how to walk, no seriously. I can actually remember it very vividly too. I can't really remember much else from back then though.

Holding my youngest brother in the hospital the day after he was born. I would have been about four.

around two for me know i was shipped off to my grandparents at like 2 1/2 or 3 ish. cant tell you but i guess my earliest memories was waking up in my crib at night, something i did frequently, and various things that happened on those nights.

have memories of nursery school or daycare whatever it was called back then, different baby sitters, things that happened in school.

my friend insists it is impossible for people to recall things before they are 3 or 4 that our brains are not developed enough, but hell i guess i was advanced for my age or he is flat wrong and i see many other people in here that seem to recall back to around 2, so i am guessing he assumes or read wrong.

I remember walking through a forest with my grandparents, and I also remember the back garden of the first house I ever lived in. We moved out when I was 4, so it's from before then.

The earliest one was must've been where I was one or two and lasted an entire two seconds. I found a pacifier on my wooden floor of my room, and decided to try it. I quickly spat it out, hating the taste. Though I can't remember what. That's about all I remember

Getting my teddy bear Cuddles. I've had her since I was born.

My earliest memory is one where I was walking down a maternity ward hallway with my dad. The only time I would have done this as a child was when my sister was being born, meaning that my earliest memory comes from when I was only 21 months old.

When I was about two, I was walking along, minding my own business when I stepped on the back of my toy dump truck, one of those kind of big Tonka ones. I fell and hit my head. I essentially slammed my memory into record mode for the first time like a broken TV that you hit to start working.

I vividly remember standing in front of our full-length mirror in the hallway when I was 2. No idea why it stands out, but it does.

I remember my early moments, just not the order they occured. So it would either be playing Pacman/Alex the Kid/Sonic, making a tiny garden out of cake icing and chocolate chips, asking my parents if they had names (somehow that was an alien concept to me) or feeding my goldfish who later turned out to be a cannibalistic murmaider.

It was before I went to nursery/kindergarten so I would be 3-4 maybe younger.

My first memory was of my first day at preschool. Good times, good times. I guess that day sparked a change in me to be the silent self that I am...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked