It give me chills every time...

Pages PREV 1 2 3

vrbtny:
Mandatory Mention of this song

On that note- the ending montage of Donnie Darko that uses this song.

At 01:57

- Alot of music, too much to write all of it down.
- The rooftop scene in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- The ending of Legend of The Galactic Heroes season 2 (episode 54) where Reinhard looks at the throne and imagines his sister and Kircheis standing with him.
- MGS3 ending scene with Big Boss saluting.
- The ending of the Cowboy Bebop episode Jupiter Jazz part 2 with Space Lion playing in the background.
- The ending of Cowboy Bebop's final episode with Blue playing in the background.
- The ending of Code Geass.
- The ending of Source Code where time stops.
- The ending of The Return of the King when they bow down to the hobbits.

SweetShark:
It give me chills everytime when I dream "trailers" about my fictional creations I have in my mind while I am listening the suitable music to play when I work out or when I am to my PC.

I wish I didn't do this, it only seems to lead to an unerring constant disappointment when I attempt to make any of them reality.

If I'm following your examples then 2 things come to mind.

Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers, when Gromit has to lay out the train tracks super fast. So awesome and such a masterful piece of animation.

Second, in the anime School Days

This has been mentioned a lot in this thread, but I also find Charlie Chaplin's speech in The Great dictator to be very moving and it never fails to send chills up my spine.

Also, Un bel di vedremo from Madame Butterfly, especially the version sung by Maria Callas

A very moving piece of music. It gets me every time.

Quadocky:

SweetShark:
It give me chills everytime when I dream "trailers" about my fictional creations I have in my mind while I am listening the suitable music to play when I work out or when I am to my PC.

I wish I didn't do this, it only seems to lead to an unerring constant disappointment when I attempt to make any of them reality.

Nah, I feel the opposite I must say. it give me motivation to do the things I want.
For that reason also I started also to learn how to draw. I am terrible at it now, but if I indeed put effort on it, is working!

I also wrote a story for my dream card game with the prototype name "Broken Barrier". I even posted here if you like to read it:

Finally I wrote a small fiction story that somehow resemble the stories of Lovecraft. Sadly it is written in paper so, I can't posted :(

They are small steps I must say, but it is a step from me accomplish something ^^

Cheers!!!

A Memory of Light. Yeah, no special moment, just so many moments altogether.

The start of this song:

I have had the pleasure to see it perform live and have vivid memories of being part of the intro. It takes me back to when I was there right in front of the scene singing it as loudly as I could. The song itself is great and has a great message so that gives me some shivers too.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
-Every time I heard Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. I just sit back and listen.

Knew it! I see you BWV565's epicness and raise you BWV582's epicness!

OT: Other than that...

&

EDIT: How could I forget?!

FirstToStrike:
This whole song, but the ending solo brings a tear to my eye.

So much emotion, and you let it out like a faucet.

Yup, this. My favourite band. This song is "the shit" and the best on the album, imo.

Besides that, the scene in One Piece when that song's playing as the guys march off to kick the shit out of Arlong.

SckizoBoy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
-Every time I heard Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. I just sit back and listen.

Knew it! I see you BWV565's epicness and raise you BWV582's epicness!

So much epic that only Bach can produce it!

I'd imagine we can go all day about this, but in the end I think we all win. :D

Fiz_The_Toaster:
So much epic that only Bach can produce it!

I'd imagine we can go all day about this, but in the end I think we all win. :D

LOL... so true...

Come to think about it... haven't listened to these in a bit...

Be back in half a dozen playthroughs! =P

Jack: "What could you guys possibly have that makes you think you stand a chance against me?"
Roland: "A siren"
Lilith: "Sup" *KABOOSH*

fuck yeah.

also the tachikoma death song in stand alone complex.
the bit in FMA: brohood where winry crys after confronting scar and the end credits music starts playing... manly tears were shed also.
Lord of the rings return of the king: "DEEEEAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!"

-The ending of Excalibur/The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell. Beautifully wraps up the tale and gives the protagonist Derfel a role within the larger Arthurian mythos, and then sending him off the way he wanted beautifully. And there legacy might just live on... *man tear*

-Getting The Falcon for the first time in Final Fantasy VI. After waking in the World of Ruin and again being without an airship, you reunite with the Figaro twins and have a heavy moment learning about Setzer's past. You board the ship and ascend, as the hopeful music swells and a hopeful sign leads you toward your next goal... *manly tears*

-Similarly, first flying in Dragon Quest VIII. After some of the toughest fights in the game you witness the death of a god's child. Although it comes at a great loss, the last of that child's power manifests itself in just the right way to allow the heroes to continue their quest and defeat those responsible. And as you fly up, a beautifully orchestrated version of the same God's theme from Dragon Quest III begins to play and for the first time you can truly appreciate how vast and beautiful the game world is... *far past the point where the tears were manly*

-And lastly, the father's final moments in American Beauty. Appreciating life for the first time in a long time, accepting that he could never reach his ideal of love with his daughter's friend, even when an affair with her is well within reach and just once understanding his daughter, even if she doesn't yet understand him... I could think of worse ways to go out...

I can't stop shaking now... Maybe I did too many.

This song right here.

Right when the timpani kicks in, then later when the choir joins. It's just amazing.
Especially the parts at 1:11, 2:42, and 3:15.

-Every time I perform "The Star Spangled Banner", generally right around 'rocket's red glare...' I'm a sucker for patriotic music in general, and naturally my own country's even more so.

-There's a certain time somewhere between 9 and 11 minutes into Eric Whitacre's "When David Heard", a song about a father losing his son (which seems to me like a rollercoaster ride through the stages of grief- I can only stand to listen to it a couple times a day max) when the previous prevailing tones of loss and rage and grief are replaced by something almost happy- certainly bittersweet at the least. Every time, I have this image of a man setting aside his loss for a brief moment to remember the good times with tears in his eyes, and my eyes tear up too, and then the whole ordeal gets that much more painful for having enshrined those happy memories and ohmygodgetmeakleenex.

-Now that I think about it, everything I can think of to put on this thread is music.

"Well, Im tired of comin out on the losin end
So, honey, last night I met this guy and Im gonna
Do a little favor for him"

It's almost the last line of Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen. It doesn't tell you what the favor is but I can't help but feel like it's something horrible. I always shiver at that part of the song. Also, as long as I'm talking about Springsteen the entire song State Trooper song belongs here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmT-jlL8ZiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-LIEr43_wk

Jezzascmezza:
- Many of the emotional moments in the Mass Effect trilogy, particularly one sequence on the Krogan homeworld in Mass Effect 3

That part near the climax of Monsters Inc. When they're riding the door on the rails and Boo's laugh echoes throughout the warehouse and activates all the doors (just as the music to the scene starts up)

the first few minutes of episode 5 of Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, as the AD police and the Knight Sabers are gearing up (again, so well tuned to the music)

The glyph puzzles in Assassin's Creed II in their entirety.

Matt Damon's "Why I Shouldn't Work for the NSA" speech in Good Will Hunting.

An astonishing point blank criticism of the American government that still holds shockingly true today.

I had a perfectly good video game related answer to this and now I've blanked on the title, and I can't find it on youtube via what I think it might be called.

A lot of it involves several "panels" of footage from games, with text on top of it, and music in the background. It's about the emotions games evoke (and I think a perfect example of why I love video games). I feel like the title or something in the video has to do with "the most important person in the world/universe/something else" but searching that doesn't seem to bring the video up. Either I'm completely off or it's been deleted (which I really hope isn't the case). If anyone knows what I'm talking about a link would be much appreciated.

As for something I can remember, there are a ton of examples from music, but the first to come to mind is anything by Symphony of Science. Normally I'm not a fan of the auto-tuned speech style, but it really seems to work for these songs. Not to mention they're super inspirational.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked