Lonesome Birthday

I'm turning 19 today and living away from home.
Due to family sickness and friends on vacations, I will have to celebrate it alone this year.

To avoid succumbing to depression however, I have decided in a somewhat selfish act to ask my fellow Escapists to cheer me up, perhaps link me a funny video or wish me well.

It would really mean a lot to me.

Ohohoho, it's your birthday?

Also, kittens make everything better.

Enjoy yourself, on the anniversary of the day you were expelled from the body of another person!

Which sounds really disgusting, when you think about it.

Well if it make you feel any better, my parent will be on holiday when it's my birthday (I took too long to tell them I wanted to go with them when they booked their tickets so I'm staying behind) in April (before you asked about my friends, they all lived far away so I'm not exactly mad about them).
Well my birthday were never great to begin with but it will be the first time I have my birthday to myself. There one things I'm definitely will be doing and that is to buy myself a proper birthday cake!!!

Aw man, that sucks :(
I hope you have a happy birthday regardless. Go to a bar, get a bit of liquid courage and meet some new people! Tell them it's your birthday and you might get a couple of free drinks.

Happy Birthday man!

If you feel down, remember, rain makes everything better. http://www.rainymood.com/

Love ya

xkcd: Dignified

For what it's worth when you reach my age not only will you be thoroughly indifferent to the idea of birthday parties but you will find it far more annoying than comforting whenever anyone notices that it is your birthday.

But that is then and there, this is here and now.

Happy birthday!!!

Just treat it as any other day, it's really not that big a deal. My birthday's in the summer so I've spent some lonely ones in my day be it because my friends were on summer vacation elsewhere or me gone on army training.

Copper Zen:

xkcd: Dignified

And the prequel...

Now in three days, when it's my birthday, I expect this generous act to be reciprocated.

Hope you at least got yourself a cake or something. Cake makes everything better.

Happy birthday and have fun!

Dr. Cakey:

Now in three days, when it's my birthday, I expect this generous act to be reciprocated.

Just post a thread like the OP and we'll oblige.

Also

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OP!

Let my electronic presence be part of your company. Or at least the fact that I have an electronic presence be part of your company.

Happy Birthday mate! Nothing wrong with being a little selfish on your birthday it is yours after all! We Escapee's are more than happy to oblige with cake and well wishes

Happy birthday OP!

Here, I have a gif for you!

Look! It's a dog sliding down some snow thinking it can ski!

Silly dog, you can't ski. :D

Congratulations for being born!

You guys are all awesome! <3
Thank you!

Well I spent my last one walking along the train tracks, it was quite neat to see everything in the city, so you should go out and explore or something.

Happy Birthday OP!

I remember my 19th birthday... Spent it on a bus alone, heading to a ski trip I didn't want to go to. There were 5 of us going: myself, 3 of my friends and my girlfriend. Well, at least she was my girlfriend when we booked the trip... Yeah. So I was the one who got to sit by myself. Thanks friends.

So don't worry, I think you'll definitely have a better 19th than I did!

Sorry to hear about your family - and that you're alone.

Anyway, happy Birthday!

Here's a funny video:

Yeah, I've been there. In fact, the same will happen this year when I start a job, in foreign country, in a month's time.

So here's my pressie to you!

I'm not seeing the immediate bad in being alone on your birthday. I usually am on mine. It's just another day, why get so worked up over it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXgIRN8Y3M

this cheers me up immensely. Provded that you're old enough to remember the wacky zaniness that is seinfeld :D

I haven't celebrated my birthday for the last 13-14 years. To be honest, I don't celebrate Christmas, New Year and things like that either.
I just don't like the idea of "You HAVE TO be happy right now and party because today is a day to be happy and party". I'll be happy when I'll feel happy, not when the calendar tells me to be happy.
Plus, I don't like alcohol and loud obnoxious people and most adult parties are full of both of those things so I tend to avoid them.

So, happy birthday!

And here's some music that is undoubtedly cheerful.

Happy Birthday mate.
Do what ever is fun to you. Who says that you have to celebrate with a looooooot of people?

imahobbit4062:
I'm not seeing the immediate bad in being alone on your birthday. I usually am on mine. It's just another day, why get so worked up over it?

It's a personal preference. I'd like to spend my birthdays together with people instead of alone.
I have plenty of other days to be alone on if I'd like.

Happy Birthday Xaio

Know how much it sucks to spend your birthday alone so I hope we bring you some cheer. Eat something that's bad for you (though still edible. Don't take this as me condoning glass eating...unless you really want to...BUT THAT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! I'm NOT liable!) and play some videogames or whatever your hobby is and just enjoy your day doing nothing of importance.

Xaio30:
I'm turning 19 today and living away from home.
Due to family sickness and friends on vacations, I will have to celebrate it alone this year.

To avoid succumbing to depression however, I have decided in a somewhat selfish act to ask my fellow Escapists to cheer me up, perhaps link me a funny video or wish me well.

It would really mean a lot to me.

im just going to steal someone elses video to shamelessly make me appear better:

so happy birthday!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked