Most Terrifying Sensation YOU Can Think Of

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Impaled on a dull wooden pole, Vlad the Impaler style. Just thinking about it hurts my ass.

Bee's in my ears... >_<

What does it for me is the idea of being taken over, raped or otherwise repurposed by an alien organism, with mind-melting bonus points if the process involves being restrained by tentacles and fleshy tubes being shoved down one or more orifices. Creatures like Flood parasites and, above all, xenomorph facehuggers are the ultimate embodiment of terror for me.

Stepping on a Lego have like i dunno 50 sets of the things so big fear, or being eaten by a frog or anything else giant for that matter.

rhizhim:

Keoul:
Lathered in honey.
Tied to a table.
Covered in cockroaches plus one the size of a cat.

That would be absolutely horrifying. I'd drink myself to death just to forget the experience.

at least you will live through it.

unlike with scaphism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

The Persians win, this contest is over. Thank you for creating a new horror in my mind!

You seem to equate physical pain with deep anguish. This is just not the way terror works. Look at the way torturing by terrorist and the governments work (haha same thing? don't care).

True pain comes not from physical pain but from the fear of it, and from other things deep inside, memories, loss, fear, lack of control is the main thing.

To me I think the most terrifying thing is seeing yourself fall and become exactly what you despise and know you could be. There is nothing that can bring you back from that, and it's always there.

Wounds heal, aches go away, feelings and memories generally aren't so flighty.

shrimpcel:

rhizhim:

Keoul:
Lathered in honey.
Tied to a table.

That would be absolutely horrifying. I'd drink myself to death just to forget the experience.

The Persians win, this contest is over. Thank you for creating a new horror in my mind!

you're welcome.

and come to think about almost posting this picture of a normal australian public toilet...

Being eaten alive by army ants, yeah. Those things really exist, and they really do that to living creatures that can feel.

I'm not going to give you any links. Just looking at those things is enough to give anyone nightmares.

Claustrophobia.

Being a tall guy( 6' 1.5", relatively tall then!), being trapped in a small confined space is that last thing I want. The lack of movement and breathing space will be horrifying.

I don't think one can truly answer to this thread without having experienced said sensation first. Most of these descriptions just describe pain, which is just one sensation. I could dedicate 50 pages coming up with insane torture techniques, yet they would nearly all boil down to pain or humiliation.

To me it would probably be something I've experienced a bit of: rejection. Utter, complete and total rejection from outside individuals. Imagine being stranded on an island with, say, 200 beautiful, smart and lovable women, of whom nobody wants to have any interaction of any kind with you. That would probably be my nightmare.

Complete blackness, texture of rocks surrounding you, as if under a pile of heavy rubble. Also there is something slithering around you, pressing in accordance with the contours of the rocks. Also you nose is itchy, and water is gradually getting higher, beginning at the soles of your feet. There is a small gap above you, but you can't reach it and even if you could, you would scrape all your skin off getting through.

I just thought of a really weird torture technique...being forced to masturbate non-stop for 10 hours without lube.

Or being impaled with a wooden pole through your anus, while your tearful family watches your naked body slowly shrivel away to death.

Or being stuck in a car boot, with your body only just fitting inside, for an entire week. You're given just enough food and water to survive, but you have to piss and shit yourselves without any toilet paper. Also, someone counts off the amount of days you've been kept inside by carving the respective number into your arm.

Mojo:
Sleeping on you arm funny to wake up in the middle of the night to find you are unable to move your arm at all.
I had this pretty bad twice. I was completely unable to move my arm at all and needed to use my other arm to pick it up and move it to a different position. I knew that arm was part of me and I should be able to move it, I could see my arm, but I felt nothing.

Oh God. Yeah, that's horrible. It happens to me more often when I'm, like, still partly in the midst of sleep, so it's like half-sleep: a limbo of consciousness, if you will. The first time it happened, I was shitting myself because I thought I'd died or gone into a coma or something ridiculous like that. But whenever that happens, luckily, I eventually just shake myself awake, so to speak.

piinyouri:
Every so often I tend to wake up half-dreaming, half awake thinking there are spiders all in my bed.
It usually causes me to spring from me bed screaming, usually tripping over something and injuring myself.

I have you beat. Try waking up in the paralyzed sleeping state after dreaming about being abducted by aliens, when there is a bright light currently shining through your window. I've had that happen twice...

When i still had braces i would get pressure on the side of my face and once i forgot to get to the orthodontist and the nerves of my face started to hurt non-stop for a whole weekend. it got worse gradually, the more i laid down or closed my eyes i could not sleep or else i would wake up with painful soreness in my eyes. Now whenever i feel any pressure on the side of my face(because thats how it would start) i would get scared that it might happen again.

AsurasEyes:
Recently, I've re-read The Inferno after I read an insanely good webcomic about Hell and it's inhabitants called Jack. Now, while I prefer Dante's ideal of Hell, with the ironic punishments and everything, I was slightly off-put by the lack of true torture and pain within it. The worst I can remember is the trees within the forest of Suicides, a bunch of thorny trees that a number of the damned get chased through by hellhounds, and every soul who has killed themselves is not only impaled within the trees, but also feels immense pain when their branches are broken by the pursued souls and the hounds. It wasn't there for very long and they didn't make much of it. For comparison, I remember Indiana Jones IV having a dude getting eaten alive by a living carpet of ants, and that movie was meant for kids.

In the interest of our collective sadism as film/game/novel/cloud/spider enthusiasts, what is the most horrific, nightmarish, and shudder-inducing death or sensation you can think of or have seen happen?

well in a true story that i'm not afraid to admit is getting to have sex with a perfect 10 and getting too exited and exploding right between her thighs, worst. experience. ever. luckily she was cool about it and we restarted after 20 mins and it went well lol.

Non Existence.

The Idea that when you die you just case to be. Even just seeing endless blackness and being left to your own thoughts would be preferable.

It's simultaneously terrifying and almost impossible to wrap your head around 0_o

I'm sorry but with all the posts in this thread, I can't help myself but say, you are all wrong, wrong, so very wrong. (Note I use the term "wrong" loosely and for dramatic effect, not to say there's an absolute truth on this)

But the scariest sensation ever is that "fall scare" that happens occasionally while you're slowly falling asleep. Seriously scary shit what the fuck brain.

Ever heard of the SCP foundation?

Coming into contact with ANY of the classified SPC Keter or Euclid subjects sounds like the worst damn thing ever. The dentist chair that sucks out your innards while you're awake, for instance. Or the chocolate fountain that peiodically releases thousands of flesh-eating ants. Or falling down the infinite stairs of doom. Or getting dragged into the pocket dimension of that one thing that can go through walls.

Mentally? Knowing that everything you will ever do is pointless. The world will end and everything will be forgotten. Everything you do in life will be irrelevant, everything you achieve will be useless (being an atheist of course). Life will simply end. And while you waste your time away, typing at your computer, the world is going on without you. People don't have time to stop. If you can't offer something, you're not needed.

Go back to your holes.

Get a call telling me my father died in a car accident. This is because he's a driver for a company and I have Dystychiphobia.

rhizhim:

shrimpcel:

rhizhim:

you're welcome.

and come to think about almost posting this picture of a normal australian public toilet...

I'll never go to Australia now...

Mentally it would be being alone and getting that feeling that some malicious entity that you cannot see means you harm and is on your trail. You have got to get out of there but if you make a dash for the exit the entity will come for you before you can escape. You just want to scream but you know that will set the thing off. So you have to get within dashing distance while acting all calm and collected. Then, just as you get within sprinting distance of the exit, the thing attacks and you know you're not getting away.

Physically...getting the sensation that you're falling, only to stop and then have it happen again. Rinse and repeat forever.
Edit:

rhizhim:

Keoul:
Lathered in honey.
Tied to a table.

...I stand corrected

I imagine crucifixion is fairly painful.

Having your kidneys removed, unsedated and wide awake, without being able to fight back. It's a nightmare I've had since suffering from kidney stones.

Burning, drowning, being raped, losing your sight, hearing, voice, limbs, movement, memories or mind. Take your pick.
Everything except for the burning and drowning would mess me up, mentally. I think I could get over the trauma of the first three, eventually, but all of the others would have me jumping off of a very tall building.

For me it would have to be complete and total psychosis without realising that you are divorced from reality. You could think that you're having a quiet Friday night at home with a good book when you're actually shooting up a wedding or something equally disturbing.

Yeah, if I start developing dementia or something when I'm older, I'm going to either make sure Canada doesn't have any legislation against assisted suicide, move to some country that doesn't or just do it myself because the thought of not knowing what I'm doing is too terrifying for me to handle.

Edit: Eternal torture of any form would have been my top pick, but I think that after a couple decades (or possibly centuries) the monotony would set in and I'd just be constantly bored. Eternity is a long time after all. You never know though, I could be in excruciating pain forever I suppose...

The most horrific feeling I could imagine? The pitch-black pit of depression, so bad your looking for a way to end the emptiness... I don't think very much can beat that feeling of helplessness when you are your own worst enemy... Especially as you can feel the blade against your wrist. Slice. Blood flows. Pain, blessed pain, just to feel a little bit...

Nowadays I'm a much more cheerful person :P Something a little less horrifying would be any sort of mind-control that still leaves you in the back-seat without ability to influence anything that happens...

bladester1:

piinyouri:
Every so often I tend to wake up half-dreaming, half awake thinking there are spiders all in my bed.
It usually causes me to spring from me bed screaming, usually tripping over something and injuring myself.

I have you beat. Try waking up in the paralyzed sleeping state after dreaming about being abducted by aliens, when there is a bright light currently shining through your window. I've had that happen twice...

Never had those nightmares, but if I'm honest, I've been frightened by thoughts that it might/could happen and I wouldn't remember it.
Fourth Kind had some hellacious imagery and atmosphere which probably didn't help.
Evergrey has an entire album on the subject that has a few really eerie songs that just capture the mood perfectly.
It's one of those things that fascinates and terrifies me.

Eh...sometimes reality is scarier than fiction.

Unknown expansion of the larynx from withing the throat cavity, resulting in asphyxiation.
Collapse of both lungs due to rapid consumption of oxygen produced by a high-incendiary device. ("breathing fire")
Slow death caused by a prolonged drip of water or hydrogen-peroxide applied to the ears or eyes.
Watching a venomous insect crawl up and around your fingers or lips, twitching anxiously.

...For the sake of my sleep, I'll stop for now.

As always: FLAMING CLOWN SPI-

Lawnmooer:

I don't know...

Flaming Clown Spiders?

...damn ninjas.

But seriously? Anything unpleasant happening to the urethra. I would elaborate further, but I rather not.

cerebreturns:
You seem to equate physical pain with deep anguish. This is just not the way terror works. Look at the way torturing by terrorist and the governments work (haha same thing? don't care).

True pain comes not from physical pain but from the fear of it, and from other things deep inside, memories, loss, fear, lack of control is the main thing.

To me I think the most terrifying thing is seeing yourself fall and become exactly what you despise and know you could be. There is nothing that can bring you back from that, and it's always there.

My uncle has a still-weeping scar on his palm that oozes pus CONSTANTLY, and he's got a disease that's making his flesh rot while he's still alive. Both ensure that he's not gonna survive another month or so. I think that's worse than his first girlfriend dumping him.

Feeling of being watched or someone is right behind you. I guess that's a pretty commonish thing.

I used to house sit for these people that lived in the country, and their house had a wrap-around-porch, and there were windows all around, too. I hated it at night, because the blinds on the windows didn't actually close - they were just for show. I was always freaked out that anywhere around the house, someone could be watching me. Made me super paranoid!

piinyouri:

bladester1:

piinyouri:

Never had those nightmares, but if I'm honest, I've been frightened by thoughts that it might/could happen and I wouldn't remember it.
Fourth Kind had some hellacious imagery and atmosphere which probably didn't help.
Evergrey has an entire album on the subject that has a few really eerie songs that just capture the mood perfectly.
It's one of those things that fascinates and terrifies me.

Well if we're on topic of waking up, there's nothing I'm more scared of than waking up in the coffin. Just imagine, darkness, stillness, lack of oxygen and sudden realization of your situation. Well, now i'm disturbed.
P.S. Pham FTW

AsurasEyes:

cerebreturns:

My uncle has a still-weeping scar on his palm that oozes pus CONSTANTLY, and he's got a disease that's making his flesh rot while he's still alive. Both ensure that he's not gonna survive another month or so. I think that's worse than his first girlfriend dumping him.

I think that would depend on the person. I have known people who still aren't over the end of a relationship years later, and I know people with cancer who don't give a fuck. But you completely missed the point of what I was saying anyways so I doubt this will help you understand.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked