Have you ever been on a rollercoaster?
Yes, and it was scary as hell.
5.9% (14)
5.9% (14)
Yes, and it was fun. I wasnt scared at all when I was on it.
48.3% (114)
48.3% (114)
Yes, and I will never be on it again. It was too terrifying for me.
2.5% (6)
2.5% (6)
Yes, and it was both scary and fun at the same time.
37.3% (88)
37.3% (88)
No, but Ive heard its pretty fun. I might go on it if I get the chance to sometime.
3.4% (8)
3.4% (8)
No. Its just childish and boring.
0.4% (1)
0.4% (1)
Bamba.....creating idiotic threads like this again eh man?(vote for this if thats what you think guys.......)
2.1% (5)
2.1% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Have you ever been on a rollercoaster guys?

Pages PREV 1 2

Love Rollercoasters! Plan to go on a couple when im on holidays in Europe... We have the couple at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast here.. then the Giant Drop and Tower of Terror and The Claw also!

I have only been on it a couple of times (like Nemesis at Alton Tower). Granted there has been a few times I could of ride in one but I was quite a fraidy cat so I avoided all of them except for one. That when I genuie want to break the scared mold and have the thrill and none the less I never regred my action (it was awsome as hell).
Ok granted I did avoided one after that (Oblivion in the same place) since it's look scary (vertical drop) and there was a huge que for it anyway.

I've been on many rollercoasters, due to my sister being a theme park aficionado.
However, I haven't been on one for years now, mostly because I just don't enjoy them.
In addition, since I stand at nearly 6'5", rollercoasters have quickly become terrifying due to the threat of my head being suddenly removed...

I've been on many rollercoasters.
Some, the less extreme ones that don't have 70'+ drops for more than a meter, nor any loops or corkscrews, are quite fun and provide a nice thrill whilst not being too scary.
Others, the ones with 20+ meter drops at an angle of 70'+, lots of loops and corkscrews, and that jolt all over the place, are not quite so fun and enjoyable. I can stand them, but I hate that initial drop, and don't find them as enjoyable as the less extreme ones.

Personally, I prefer the water ride versions. IDC how steep the drop is or W/E in a water coaster as I'm heading down into water, and its always fun - at least IMO. Especially the ring ones where you and 4-6 other people are stuck in a ring that is spinning whilst going along rapids of some kind, and a few small drops before a giant one. Those are fun.

Hell yes, rollercoasters are Awesome!

The Titan at Six Flags over Texas, and The Rock'n'Rollercoaster at Disneyworld's Hollywoon thing are probably my faves. So many loops!

Powereaver:
Love Rollercoasters! Plan to go on a couple when im on holidays in Europe... We have the couple at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast here.. then the Giant Drop and Tower of Terror and The Claw also!

That Giant Drop is seriously troll. I swear to god...

Seriously. You slowly rise up a good, what is it, 50+ meters or something? IDK, could have been 90 for all I remember, but that takes forever. They tell you not to stick your head out or else it could cause an injury when you fall. So, you get up, have your neck against the seat ready for the drop and... nothing. 5 minutes later? Nothing. A little after that you start getting bored and popping your head out to look around then suddenly BAM! Right when you finally stick your head out you start to fall. I mean really, I get the whole suspense thing and false sense of security, but when you're not supposed to lean your head out to look around, you don't leave people up there for several minutes with quite literally nothing else to do... It doesn't work. People are going to do it. And when they do, you drop them. I hate heights and falls and stuff, but the reason I never went back on that ride wasn't because of the drop - it actually felt fairly slow TBH - it was 'cause it was just way too boring sitting up there that whole time, and I did slightly hurt my neck from that fall thanks to being left up there too long with nothing to do but break the one rule you're given -.-
Personally, I liked the old Mammoth Falls when they were at Wet'n'Wild. After moving to wherever they are now [Was it Seaworld or Dreamworld? I don't remember any more] they kinda lost it a bit thanks to only getting the vertical falling one, rather than the curving one, and being at a theme park where, for the most part, you're wearing normal clothes and not bathers, so you're not exactly in the right attire to get soaked by a ride.

God damn, you've just made me rethink my trip for the end of the year to head back to these places again, haven't been there in a good 5 years now. Not sure if I want to, or if I want to go with my original plan...

I'm no internet tough guy, so I can say I'm too scared to go on any looping rollercoaster. I really like the wooden ones though.

I know this sounds wimpy, but I cannot stomach roller coasters. Embarassingly, the only ones I'm fine with are the half-sized fairground ones and the Spongebob themed ones you find in the kids areas. Anything like the Dreamworld thrill rides, Lethal Weapon or god-forbid the Giant Drop and I would wet myself.

YES! THEY'RE AWESOME!

Seriously though, I'm always scared at the beginning, but only in a good way.

Nothing beats skydiving though.

Powereaver:

Do you plan to be in southern germany at some point? if so i recommend paying a visit to Europapark they have some great coasters there

I. Love. Rollercoasters

been visiting themeparks since i was a wee lad and even though one park i have been visiting about once a year it never gets old :)

also high light form my trip to Florida was visiting the adventure isles at universal studios (was also mighty pissed that a coaster was being built there that would open when we would leave Florida, the damm thing was already fully built just let me ride it already!)

I love roller coasters. The bigger/faster/loopier the better.

They really make the child in me come out again

Roller coasters are fun, but at some point I realized I was putting my life in the hands of carnies and stopped riding them.

I don't find roller-coasters fun or scary, they just make me feel sick.

I used to live for rollercoasters. Would wait all year for the snow to melt and the rides to resume.

I had a strict "no holding on" policy. Certainly made for an interesting ride. Especially with one rollercoaster in particular, the wooden rollie in Montreal. It always had this part in the track which would have me fly out of my seat.
Good times.

I don't know.. Roller coasters are weird for me. I think they are fucking terrifying when I see them, but when I'm on them its pretty fun. Although for the most time I stay away from them because I think I will die if I go in them.

Voted: "Yes, and it was fun. I wasnt scared at all when I was on it."

I haven't found them scary since I was quite little, but I do still find them fun. I've been on all sorts by now, too.
There isn't much else you can do which gets you that feeling of going really fast from high places and around tight corners. ^_^

I really enjoy roller-coasters. The more pant-shit educing the better. Unfortunately I don't really get to go on them very often because of geographical inconvenience and haven't been on one in years.

Yeah, several. Some are scary, some aren't. For example, I've been on an indoor one in total darkness, but it was surprisingly unscary, while a wooden one without loops was scary as shit, because of the high speed, deep drops and tremors. When I was younger, I hated thrill rides, but recently I've begun to enjoy them. Went to a theme park in December and spent pretty much the entire day in coasters. Good fun. ^^

Where is the "Other" option. >.<

I dislike rollercoasters and most rides.
I have no idea why, but whenever I see one I feel like throwing up.

It kind of sucks.
I mean I have no problem with some rides which don't do all that crazy crap the others do ...
Still ... maybe I'm too scared.
or maybe it's a warning that I might die. XD

Multiple times. They don't do much for me any more. I still really like wooden coaster but there's little adrenaline involved these days.

Time for something more hardcore. Like a bungeejump or something. Or this:

or this:

Yes that seems like fun.

Been several years since I was on one, but I've always loved thrill-rides.

I used to be the kid who'd drag my parents to amusement parks every year until I was tall enough to try the wildest rides, and when I finally could try them I'd love every second of it, and queue up tens of times in a row.

Been a long time since I went anywhere like that because I'm poor and entry fee and ride prizes are pretty expensive, plus nearest decent park is quite far away, but I'd probably still love it I think.

I'd still love to try parachuting or bungee jumping or other more extreme stuff like that.

I rode the fujiyama and paniclock in Fuji-Q.
It was quite enjoyable when you were a suicidal teenager.
Now that I am older, I seem to be more scared of roller coasters.
Also after people falling and dying in Tokyo, I am a bit more skeptical about them.

Big Thunger Mountain is as far as I will go for now.

I've been on some of the biggest, and because they are so meticulously well made and smooth, the steel constructions tend to be too comfortable. My favourite are wooden roller coasters, for their graceful looking design and their tendency to have a more jerky, choppier ride.

I read somewhere that the desire/fear of roller coasters is all down to a single chemical hormone in your brain. So don't feel bad if you don't want to go on one, it's only your brain's fault.

Nathan Crumpler:
Are you tall? There's this comedian named Lefty Anderson who's around six foot five and he makes joke about roller coasters being twice as scary because he can reach out and touch stuff.

I'm by no means a huge guy, and I still clipped my head on the tunnel of Dragon's Apprentice at Lego Land, way back when.

Fucking love Rollercoasters, though.

I've been on loads, they're great fun. The anticipation is the scary part, once it starts up the fun kicks in

I've only been on one in my life. It was a dinky, pathetic, old wooden roller coaster that just basically consisted of a few large hills and dips and some fast corners... and I was scared shitless the whole time.

I was scared of going on a roller coaster to begin with before that, and I've never been on one since.

Hells yes. I love them.

OlasDAlmighty:
I've been on tons, probably hundreds, I think maybe I was 8 the last time turned down a rollercoaster for being too big or intense. Give me the biggest, fastest, wildest, most turbulent thing you can find.

Ashhearth:
I live in North East Ohio sooooooo Cedar Point...... need i say more lol? I really enjoy them the trick is just finding the time and a good group to go with

I've been meaning to go there for a long time, but I have the same problem, all my friends are wusses.

It's toooooootally worth it too. If you go when the weather is questionable or maybe a little rainy there are practically no lines so you can imagine how much better it gets then :D My problem anymore is I'm in college out of state so on top of it being a few hours away from my home my college is in the opposite direction.

Hell yes. Some of the most fun I've ever had.

I go on rollercoasters whenever possible.

I lost count after my 4th trip to Magic Mountain. Hell, I lost count of how many times I've been on Space Mountain at Disneyland...

DragonV2.0:

Powereaver:

Do you plan to be in southern germany at some point? if so i recommend paying a visit to Europapark they have some great coasters there

I. Love. Rollercoasters

been visiting themeparks since i was a wee lad and even though one park i have been visiting about once a year it never gets old :)

also high light form my trip to Florida was visiting the adventure isles at universal studios (was also mighty pissed that a coaster was being built there that would open when we would leave Florida, the damm thing was already fully built just let me ride it already!)

I'll be in Germany sure... but up in Munich! I don't know but i'll see if I make it!

I love 'em. :3 Been to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park on multiple occasions; the queue's and the heat are worth it for that adrenaline rush.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked