Indonesian mother kills son over 'small penis'

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

krazykidd:

Colour-Scientist:
She sounds mentally ill rather than stupid.

You don't murder your nine year old child that methodically and calmly out of stupidity

The poor child.

If she was mentally ill i don't think she would have calmly walked into the police station to turn herself in . But i'm not expert on crazy people.

Actually, I think that sounds exactly like what a crazy person would do. How many sane criminals turn themselves in after a crime?

EDIT: Also, she's an idiot for thinking a 9 year old's penis size has any bearing on their size post-puberty. As if drowning someone for a small penis is logical to start with.

That poor child. To have to live 9 years of his life with a person who was clearly crazy, to have that be all he ever knew, and then eventually be drowned by that person. What an awful existence that must have been. I realize how common that sort of thing is in this world, but it doesn't make it any less heart breaking.

While a small penis may have hindered his happiness in the future I think being dead has hindered it even more. The idiocy of some people. People like her should simply not be allowed to breed.

Well, it may have damaged his marriage prospects, but still...

It's stuff like this that makes me wish space travel was a bit more commonplace.

hes NINE YEARS OLD!
did she expect him to have a horse schlong or something?!?!

Tony:
I'm not really sure you can tell the size of a 9 YEAR OLD.

You cannot. It's like killing him over his lack of beard, or because he hasn't started going bald yet.

On the other hand, this reeks of "anonymous source" sensation news. I'm not going to get all worked up about this, as I believe it is a fake.

DevilWithaHalo:
Woman commits horrible crime... must be mentally unstable. How interesting.

She can get psychiatric help will rotting in prison for first degree murder.

TO BE FAIR, I honestly think if a man took these exact same actions, I'd call him fucking nuts as well (and would hope others would too). Sure I'd call him a monster, but this woman is also a fucking monster in my eyes. She's just also probably bat-shit insane.

Gardenia:

Tony:
I'm not really sure you can tell the size of a 9 YEAR OLD.

You cannot. It's like killing him over his lack of beard, or because he hasn't started going bald yet.

On the other hand, this reeks of "anonymous source" sensation news. I'm not going to get all worked up about this, as I believe it is a fake.

I very much hope your instincts are right on this one. Not that it would suddenly make the world a dramatically better place, but still...

Okay, I've done some checking on this and it seems to be an Associated Press wire story (AFP = Associated Free Press) with the story originating in Jakarta, which is why it's been circulating so heavily. It's most likely real.

That said, we are missing a lot of context here to make judgements about sanity. I confess to not knowing much about Indonesian culture, for all I know it's one of those culures that sees things very differant from the rest of the world, and maybe men in certain "traditional" versions of it are expected to be extremely well hung or else they disgrace their families, and need to get penis piercings and the whole nine yards.

It's sort of like how we occasionally get stories from The Middle East about women being given 100 lashes in punishment for being raped (story making the rounds recently) or stoned to death for not marrying their rapist. Every once in a while you still hear things about asian countries, China in paticular, having little girls killed because everyone wants sons (with counter-stories debunking those stories). For all I know there is a huge penis fixation in parts of Indonesia to the point where mothers can judge how big it's likely to get based on it's appearance at that age, and want to act accordingly. For all I know penis murders happen down there with some frequency and it just happens to have been picked up as a wire story this time due to a slow news day.

In short I don't know anything about Indonesia to judge it. By my standards I'd call the lady insane, but then again I'm from a first world western country. Someone raised under differant principles might see things differantly, and figure there would be enough societal support on some levels to not report it as a crime.

Outside of the context of the story I'll say flat out that fleeing lacks dignity. Sometimes people do things for what they think are the right reasons, and are simply willing to face the punishment for what they did rather than trying to cover up something they know they will be caught and punished for anyway. Turning yourself in has a degree of grace that being run down in the streets like an animal does not possess. Especially if in doing the right thing in your mind by committing a crime such as killing someone, you think that holding other people responsible for your freedom for that point on wouldn't be right in the same way.

As that applies to this case, she knew she was doing the wrong thing, but felt she was doing it for the right reasons, and has no intention of making a production out of it for that reason.

While nothing to do with this, if I ever felt I needed to kill someone for the greater good, I might very well turn myself in as well. I don't believe in suicide for spiritual reasons, and I in all likelyhood wouldn't want to take down a bunch of cops just doing their jobs. I did what I feel I had to do, and I will pay the penelty for it so to speak.

I want this woman dead,when I say dead,I means seriously dead:

BEATEN,BROKEN,

HER HEAD MOUNTED ON MY WALL KINDA DEAD!!!

First she should whipped,then stoned,then beaten-each time just stopping short of killing her,then starting again when she no longer in danger of dying.
After each time remove a body part intill she just a stump with no ears eyes or tongue only then do we drown her.

WHO"S WITH ME

Ix Rebound:
hes NINE YEARS OLD!
did she expect him to have a horse schlong or something?!?!

Well societies love things with big penises...

knight steel:
WHO"S WITH ME

I know you're exaggerating on purpose, but I personally find it a bit excessive. Yes, she did a horrible thing, but let's try not to find ways to out-do her in the "Most Horrible Human Being" category at the Atrocity Olympics.

Darken12:

knight steel:
WHO"S WITH ME

I know you're exaggerating on purpose, but I personally find it a bit excessive. Yes, she did a horrible thing, but let's try not to find ways to out-do her in the "Most Horrible Human Being" category at the Atrocity Olympics.

It not horrible if we do it against someone who deserves it, and I see no one more worthy of my hate at the moment than her........and while I was not exaggerating on purpose, maybe your right about calming down *SIGH*.....I feel exhausted :(

DevilWithaHalo:

...but you think a father would not get the same treatment? Is that correct?

knight steel:
It not horrible if we do it against someone who deserves it, and I see no one more worthy of my hate at the moment than her........and while I was not exaggerating on purpose, maybe your right about calming down *SIGH*.....I feel exhausted :(

Whether she deserves it or not doesn't excuse torture or any such atrocity. With what moral authority can we say what she did was horrible when we stoop to her level when given sufficient cause? If we want to hold the moral high ground, we have to act like it.

But yes, calming down would be a good idea. Mob effect and all that, I'm sure you understand. :)

Darken12:

knight steel:

Whether she deserves it or not doesn't excuse torture or any such atrocity. With what moral authority can we say what she did was horrible when we stoop to her level when given sufficient cause? If we want to hold the moral high ground, we have to act like it.

But yes, calming down would be a good idea. Mob effect and all that, I'm sure you understand. :)

Yes sorry, it's just this hit a little closer to home than I thought it would, now that Iv'e cooled down I can see where your coming from and agree that your right.
But can we at least give life in solitary prison confinement/quick execution for what she's done,any thing less I feel wouldn't be harsh enough.

I dunno, if I had a son with a small penis, I'd consider drowning him too. /sarcasm

In all seriousness, this is so outrageous I have a hard time comprehending it. I believe it to be true, but my mind has trouble really getting it.

These kinda things happening are the reasons why I have continued thoughts and beliefs that napalming the shallow end of the gene pool would be considered a productive act.

Complete and utter sterilization of this woman's reproductive system wouldn't do the universe enough justice.

I'm not sure if she is crazy or not, actually.
I mean, would his small penis (which might be a sign he was intersexual) meant he would face prejudice and oppression? If so, it's still horrible, but she wasn't deluded and didn't base her decision on something non-existant.

It's like if she killed her kid for being a daughter, because it would have meant an economic pressure on her, it's a horrible decision, but it's not based on her thinking she is possessed or wants to die or that aliens want her to do it.

She is guilty, in any case, but it might be good to ask how much the culture and the gender-roles in society (and the rights of intersexuals) had to do with it, and instead of going 'lol, crazy lady', we should go 'there is a human-rights-issue in this culture'

knight steel:
Yes sorry, it's just this hit a little closer to home than I thought it would, now that Iv'e cooled down I can see where your coming from and agree that your right.
But can we at least give life in solitary prison confinement/quick execution for what she's done,any thing less I feel wouldn't be harsh enough.

Oh, it's all right, we all get like that when something pushes our buttons. I know I've felt like shiving a misogynistic asshole or two.
I think either of the two options are fine, depending on what judicial system we're talking about. In a way, a death sentence might be a mercy, since sufficient time in prison might get her to realise the enormity of what she has done, and that can't be pleasant for the psyche.

Darken12:

knight steel:

Oh, it's all right, we all get like that when something pushes our buttons. I know I've felt like shiving a misogynistic asshole or two.
I think either of the two options are fine, depending on what judicial system we're talking about. In a way, a death sentence might be a mercy, since sufficient time in prison might get her to realise the enormity of what she has done, and that can't be pleasant for the psyche.

^_^ Thanks for understanding,it means alot to me ^_^

Clearly we need to develop technology that allows you to determine the size of your childs penis when he reaches adulthood. Better yet, make it so you can do the diagnosis on a yet to be born fetus, so the mother can have an abortion if the penis isn't to her liking.

Can't you all see shes a victim of our lackluster technology?

//sarcasm

knight steel:
^_^ Thanks for understanding,it means alot to me ^_^

No problem, I'm quite glad we understood each other. :)

Lieju:
She it quilty, in any case, but it might be good to ask how much the culture and the gender-roles in society (and the rights of intersexuals) had to do with it, and instead of going 'lol, crazy lady', we should go 'there is a human-rights-issue in this culture'

This is a very good point, but I still think you need to be at least slightly desensitised or unhinged in order to murder your own child, whatever reasons you might have. I mean, intellectually, you might be right, but I still think that the final step between thought an action needs to have a precipitating trigger.

I don't get her reasoning... I think I'm in a really good place in life myse... err shit I mean I DON'T CONFESS TO ANYTHING!

Seriously though poor kid, sadly this type of thing in many cases is hard to predict when it'll happen.

Darken12:

Lieju:
She it quilty, in any case, but it might be good to ask how much the culture and the gender-roles in society (and the rights of intersexuals) had to do with it, and instead of going 'lol, crazy lady', we should go 'there is a human-rights-issue in this culture'

This is a very good point, but I still think you need to be at least slightly desensitised or unhinged in order to murder your own child, whatever reasons you might have. I mean, intellectually, you might be right, but I still think that the final step between thought an action needs to have a precipitating trigger.

It depends on your definition of mental illness, I guess. It can be argued that kiiling any other human being is a sign of mental instability.

From a legal standpoint, I think the important matter is whether she was responsible for her actions. Whether she had a psychotic episode, and the decision was based on delusion, or if she was fully aware of what she did. And furthermore, to what extent she was pressured into it.

Well, it is either the kid had a really really tiny penis, or the mother had some traumatizing experiences with tiny penises.

Lieju:
it might be good to ask how much the culture and the gender-roles in society (and the rights of intersexuals) had to do with it, and instead of going 'lol, crazy lady', we should go 'there is a human-rights-issue in this culture'

I agree.
You never know what sulture expects of a person, and without understanding the context, it is hard to just say that the mother is crazy.

Ren_Li:
The only time they alter infant's genitalia (which is still wrong) is when the baby is or appears to be intersex- ie, has both a penis and a vagina- and then they automatically operate to make them appear to have "normal" female genitalia and will still be able to have children.

How do you know he wasn't intersex?

Intersex doesn't mean *has both a vagina and a penis', it means they don't neatly fit into the male/female binary, and it can range from genital ambiguity, and combinations of chromosomal genotype and sexual phenotype other than XY-male and XX female, and they may require hormonal treatment to stay healthy.

http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex

A 'notably small penis' might be a sign of being intersex.

Even men who are not intersex, but have small penis face ridicule (just look at this thread) and are not considered 'true men' by many cultures.

Also see this on how doctors treat intersex people: http://www.isna.org/faq/standard_of_care

Followup story:

"Genetic testing of the deceased child shows that he was going to have a penis growth spurt in a few years, landing him at a respectable 24 cm."

News Flash: There are mentally unstable people in the world.

There's a guy in court at the moment in this country for beheading his grandmother because he thought he was an angel sent by Jesus.

Where was she getting her parenting advice from? A reference book from ancient Sparta?

TizzytheTormentor:
She kills her kid because she is worried his penis would damage future prospects so she drowned him and turned herself in?

404, logic not found.

One would think drowning would harm future prospects too...

I.. um... some people aren't worth a bullet and that's why we have rope? > >
I got nothing to add here really besides adding my hat to the ring of "a new level of stupid has been reached".

WAIT! EDIT!

For I have the perfect gif:

Lieju:
She it quilty...

I'm sorry, I know it's a simple typo (two, actually) but this made me crack up. Just immediately gave me this mental image of a quilted blanket woman, which was very unexpected in this thread.

OT: Assuming the story is true, obligatory "horrible person" remarks etc. though you have to remember Indonesia is a heavily Islamic conservative country where they more than likely aren't as progressive as the West when it comes to sexual diversity. Having a small penis - particularly a micropenis - could have impacted his life far more than just a few snickering girls.

NoeL:

Lieju:
She it quilty...

I'm sorry, I know it's a simple typo (two, actually) but this made me crack up.

Ah, I always get g and q confused. Weird English language.

This is why I prefer dogs to people.

BTW, the story reminds me of a short story by Bernard Werber about the prostiture that drowned one of her kids because she could't afford both.

Helmholtz Watson:

DevilWithaHalo:

...but you think a father would not get the same treatment? Is that correct?

Well, that's actually possible.

Read a story about a guy who raped his own infant daughter to death because he questioned her virginity and got free for paying a fine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273171/Fayhan-al-Ghamdi-raped-tortured-daughter-5-death-escapes-light-sentence.html

So I guess if a father had drowned his daughter for being flat at the age of nine, chances would be good he'd get out of this with a black eye.

And Indonesia is an islamic country whose law is based on the sharia. When a court decides that the small wang of the boy would have shamed the family, the punishment won't be that harsh.

Sounds stupid to us, but that's how they roll.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked