You're all too depressing...seriously

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

I do agree that the negative element has been near overwhelming, especially in the last year - year and a half.
The only real positive thing to happen to me lately is...I guess I got a workout wielding my cast iron shovel for 2 hours yesterday.

Aside: *sigh* Captchas...popping up after I click post.

YES! A THREAD TO BE HAPPY ON!!!! I just finished the new mass effect 3 dlc! It was really fun. I hope you all have a great day =)

I hated the new DmC and how the developers basically didn't so much as understand what PR meant snd instead adopted a definition from a parallel dimension in which PR means antagonising people and making yourself hated as much as possible. Then there is their absolute butchering of original characters, themes and Gameplay into an inferior product while making a 13 year fanfic author wrote the plot.

It was at this point i instead decided to take my business to Platinum Games and Hideo Kojima by purchasing Metal Gear Rising instead.

Metal Gear Rising is fucking amazing on almost all fronts, albeit with a few faults, but i am enjoying myself alot and think that it is a great game. I also managed to get the Grey Fox skin with it due to being Australian and getting a copy of it a bit earlier..and this made my inner nine year old incredibly happy to finally be able to play a full game as Grey Fox. My inner Metal Gear Fanboy was also pleased with this game despite the genre shift as, simply put, it's just plain fun.

So yeah, go play Metal Gear Rising if you havn't yet.

tippy2k2:
I'm a 27 year old single dude.

I live on my own. I have a nice job. I'm looking at buying a place of my own (home ownership bitches!). I have the disposable income to feed my addicting video game habit (not as much as I'd like but enough to get me through without getting the shakes). I'm right now watching Season 2 of "Game Of Thrones" and am just as happy with it so far as I was with Season 1. I've lost 50 pounds since I graduated from college.

Basically, once I can convince a lady to show me her boobies on a regular basis, my life will be perfect (and PsychicTaco115 already agreed to be my wing-man so it won't take long). Everyone be jealous of Tippy2K2!

This is probably one of the most positive (it isn't sarcastic or total BS)posts I have ever read on the Escapist. Good on ya mate!

Bizarre in-jokes are my refuge from cynicism and depression.

Like this one:

That someone would take time out of their day to make something so silly and so wonderful makes me a happy man.

Well with spring break just around the corner i'm planning to pick up the new Ultimate Ninja Storm game for the weekend. Then probably gonna gather up some friends, get a bit of alcohol and circle between Naruto, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken Tag 2.

Fun times ahead!

i now posses all the dark tower books. not read them yet, i have game of thrones to finish first... and westeros is where i have been living.. the show, the books, the facebook game.

....Felt appropriate. OT Deal with it, we're a sad lot of gamers, bent on grumbling about our existence and the state of the forums. Honestly, probably a case of

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YeGoodeOldeDays

I have a nice house! And a girlfriend! A decent job! Two cats and a dog! Friends! Family!

GAMES ARE AWESOME! PC GAMING is NOT dying! I love WAR THUNDER! And Star Conflict! And I am curious about how Heroes and Generals will work out, being an old FH2 veteran.

xshadowscreamx:
i now posses all the dark tower books. not read them yet, i have game of thrones to finish first... and westeros is where i have been living.. the show, the books, the facebook game.

All of them? Even Wind Through The Keyhole?

Good lord, it's going to take you ages to get through them. Worth it, as Dark Tower is an excellent series, but in all honesty it does lag quite a bit in places. Especially WTTK; an interquel written many years after the series has officially ended was never going to be particularly revelatory or important.

I recently bought a bass guitar and am loving every second of it.

Vault101:

Beffudled Sheep:

Vault101:
Snip

Something good... I like your new avatar :D Do you make all of them yourself?

I also discovered a new metal band to fall in love with :D

yes I do, the charachters arent mine but I put them together and animate them

Where is that dog from?

Captcha: Topsy Turvy?

Fire Emblem Awakening has easily became one of my favorite games on the 3DS, I am really close to beating it so I decided to max out everyone's supports first.
And my PAX East pass showed up in the mail yesterday. I can't wait! Anyone else going?
I also bought Virtue's Last Reward for my Vita to get a watch and that watch is fucking dope.

I can't not be happy! Under a month til I can play the new Sly Cooper (stupid european release times)!!

And I won 25k on the lottery yesterday.

That also helped my mood.

Amethyst Wind:

Where is that dog from?

I fucking love that movie...

the Dog is from a new zealand comic strip called footrot flats, it was popular in he 80's

The_Echo:

OT: I finally got around to diving into the Dark Souls lore today. Man. It's just so great.

Can I ask where you are getting the lore from? I wanted to look deeper into the story myself to be honest. :3

OT: I completed Dark souls last week and am on NG+ Seriously loving this game right now.

I also did my first SUCCESSFUL invasion today as well as warding off some forest hunters trying to 2v1 today, so I'm feeling like a boss :3

lRookiel:

The_Echo:

OT: I finally got around to diving into the Dark Souls lore today. Man. It's just so great.

Can I ask where you are getting the lore from? I wanted to look deeper into the story myself to be honest. :3

Well, you could do it yourself by reading all the item descriptions in the game.

But that sucks so EpicNameBro does it for you.

I rember my fist zurg rush..... oh the rage quite

I live in Canada, on a sailboat which I own...
I have been gaming now since 1973, and still have a blast...
I can honestly say I have all I need, and life just keeps getting better...
I am almost 66 years old, and still learn something new every day...
My world is full...

Positive enough? I have more if you still lack positivity...
Enjoy life, the alternative sucks big time, brothers and sisters!

Sandjube:

I love playing bass. I wish I'd picked it up as my first instrument instead of guitar.

That being said, I'm normally locked to a computer with a keyboard these days. I really enjoy making music that way, but damn if I don't want to be in a band again.

I felt accomplished a few days ago. Something I haven't felt in years. So that's a good thing for a change.

That life insurance ad was brutal!

On another note, just come back from visiting family with my girlfriend for my grandma's 90th birthday & we also went to London Zoo for free as my gf works at West Midlands Safari Park!

Bought The Sabotuer & Shell Shock 2 yesterday as a 2 for 10 deal and both are well worth it! Especially as I had 2.50 on my GAME card so they were even cheaper!

Michael Lapierre:
I live in Canada, on a sailboat which I own...
I have been gaming now since 1973, and still have a blast...
I can honestly say I have all I need, and life just keeps getting better...
I am almost 66 years old, and still learn something new every day...
My world is full...

Positive enough? I have more if you still lack positivity...
Enjoy life, the alternative sucks big time, brothers and sisters!

whoa....

somone give this man a life time acheivment award!

and welcome to the Forums...

Vault101:

somone give this man a life time acheivment award!

You gotta go

You haven't done anything in life if you don't own gold zipper boots and swim gear.

I was able to save 15% or more on my car insurance by not having a car!

PsychicTaco115:

tippy2k2:

Basically, once I can convince a lady to show me her boobies on a regular basis, my life will be perfect (and PsychicTaco115 already agreed to be my wing-man so it won't take long). Everyone be jealous of Tippy2K2!

We walk into the club
Like "S'up, we got big c**ks"
Nah, we just pumped from some s**t from the Escapist shop
Ice on our shirts so damn frosty
People like "Damn, those some cold @$$ honkies!

Wait what? You're alive?! I thought you were banned. I am so happy now!

OT: I just finished my first day of my high school practicum. A girl answered her cell phone in class and I calmly walked over and said: "I need that for a second." I then told the person that they were calling during class time and that it is not acceptable for the girl to be answering her phone at this time. I hung up, the rest of the class cheered, and I now know that this is going to be an awesome practicum.

I've been around for long enough to find my early threads embarrassing. Holy crap, 4 years? Erff. Anyways, I don't feel at all depressed, certainly not about Escapist matters. Although people continually making the same goddamn threads is getting annoying. I see one called 'What do you think about tattoos' once every week or so.

...oh yeah, positive stuff. Well, I've got my housemates for uni next year sorted. +we've already decided we're getting Rocksmith as a flat, so that's cool. + One of them is one the music course, so I can hunt down some of their music friends and form a band at uni, final-fucking-lee.

ScrabbitRabbit:

Sandjube:

I love playing bass. I wish I'd picked it up as my first instrument instead of guitar.

I did. Tis' a sexy instrument indeed. Just out of interest though, you said you make most of your music on the computer now? What programs do you use? I want to get into that side of things moar. So far I just use Logic and plugins, I feel like there's probably lots I should know about.

Vault101:

Amethyst Wind:

Where is that dog from?

I fucking love that movie...

the Dog is from a new zealand comic strip called footrot flats, it was popular in he 80's

That's it! I knew I recognised it from somewhere. Reminds me of my dog too lol.

someonehairy-ish:

ScrabbitRabbit:

Sandjube:

I did. Tis' a sexy instrument indeed. Just out of interest though, you said you make most of your music on the computer now? What programs do you use? I want to get into that side of things moar. So far I just use Logic and plugins, I feel like there's probably lots I should know about.

I mostly use Cubase 5 (though I'm thinking about upgrading) and an assload of VSTs. Of those VSTs, I find myself using Kontakt (loaded with Symphobia and, soon, Drums of War) and Omnisphere quite a lot. I do find myself using some of the free plug-ins I get with Computer Music Magazine, though. They offer a lot of decent samples, too.

I use Logic a lot on my course. No plug-ins, but it's in-built instruments and effects are really good, I think. I've actually been using it a lot for this soundtrack I've been writing. I was going to buy it but my Mac is quite old and probably won't take too kindly to it. :[ I'm quite comfortable with Cubase now, anyway.

What kind of stuff do you write, out of interest?

I have sinusitis after a brutal cold. Yesterday snot comes pouring out my nose while I'm playing League of Legends, which I hastily wipe off, since I'm busy playing. It keeps running and I keep wiping for a while and for a moment I look down and see that my tissues are all dark.

Apparently I burst a bloodvessel in my nose, because I was bleeding like fuck.
I'm hemophobic.

So I rush out of my chair, at which point the blood rushes from my head, I stumble in haste towards the bathroom, trip, headdive into the doorframe face first and my nose starts bleeding again. A lot.
I manage to enter the bathroom and pass out on the floor.
I wake up, see myself in the mirror and promptly sit on the toilet and pass out again.

I manage to clean myself up, after I turned the lights off(believe it or not, that helps) and have a crushing eye migraine that lasts about an hour(balance center shuts down, partial blindness and massive pain behind the eyes).

As horrible a psychological flaw as hemophobia is, I had a pretty good laugh about it with a friend today.
The good part is that I don't feel as crippled or disabled by it as I used to, and I now know myself well enough to handle it in most situations. This was just unfortunate, but looking back, pretty funny. It was a relief, not to feel crushed.

(Note that this is an actual and very serious condition for some people, who are completely crippled by it and can't help it at all. You shouldn't assume everyone can laugh it off.)

Mass Effect is awesome. I don't care what you say. I am awesome too!

Positive things that have happened to me recently is passing my A2 Business studies and beating a Brutal AI on the Tiberium Essence mod as the GDI vs NOD.

Though my natural cynicism and over self awareness of my surroundings and general events do not help my panic and anxiety disorder one bit. Though like Smilomaniac said you have to laugh off whatever medical condition you have and it's not the same for everyone. Sometimes it can get the better of you.

Anyway people should play Star Trek Klingon Academy, good game very deep and a blast to play!

Arma 3 looks really good. Age of Empires 2 on Steam OH MY GOSH SO HAPPY. Spring break finally came. Did great on a diffeq test.

StashAugustine:
Spring break finally came.

Hear bloody hear.

My cold has finally died a quiet and unremarked death, leaving me free to enjoy my time catching up on my assignments and hunting the fabled job. I am pleased.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked