If you could have any fictional vehicle, what would it be?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

There'll be no tears when I say goodbye
Still got my family and my Firefly

I'll go with the UNSC Infinity. Sure the thing seems cursed with perpetual bad luck, but I like the idea of a mobile Spartan base.

Behold the high technology of a Culture GSV.

The Rifter

Hazy992:
INB4 TARDIS, Batmobile or the DeLorean.

If I'm not going for the obvious then I'm gonna go with Kaneda's bike from Akira.

Why? Well just fucking look at it!

How could you not want a bike like that?

That bike was the first thing that popped into my head.

I'm sure you'l appreciate this

Might not seem like much, but I'd go with the Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop.

http://cowboybebop.wikia.com/wiki/Swordfish_II

Ok, since I can't have the TARDIS, I'll have to take a culture ship.
So perhaps the sleeper service.
Top speed of over 200 kilolights, 80,000 various warships, the manufacturing capability of a planet, the ability to destroy one, and a member of the Interesting Times Gang too.

Edit: ninja'd, dammit.

Asclepion:

I thought the GSVs were supposed to be more orally.

Evil Smurf:
The knife that is used in The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
It toasts the bread while you slice it.

But the toast is so overdone.
Also if you want a sandwich you need a totally separate loaf of bread.
Really, it's just not very economical

Zachary Amaranth:
Pssst. A ship is a kind of vehicle.

And whether you want to act pedantic or not, the original post cites an X-Wing.

Actually it did. My bad. I just figure a vehicle is something you can step out of in your jeans and t-shirt without dying in space vacuum. But then again, I realize doing so from the Mako would do the same. Considering where it is used.

My argument is dismantled:P

Only this...

Doubles as a sleeping bag.

Eva unit 13 from Evangelion 3.0

<------

That or Epona, if I knew how to ride her.

TrevHead:
The Rifter

The problem with the rifter for me is that like all Eve ships it lacks the capability for any real interstellar travel as they all rely upon stargates. Even titans, as they require a cynosural field to jump to. Which is why I went with the Andromeda Ascendant.

Anyone remember the show Reboot? I'll take one of those hoverboards from Reboot.

An ACU from Supre
Well I suppose I should answer somthing other than that this time around so... Fuck it.

I have to wonder about the people picking huge-ass starships. You do realize that the fuel and crew don't come with them, right? Well I guess that's up to the OP, but even so why do you need to have such a huge-ass starship all to yourself? Well I guess you could bring your friends aboard, but still... well whatever.

Anyway, OT: I'd go with an Overlord Tank from C'n'C: Generals. "I am the Overlord... Tank." Esp. one equipped with the Gatling cannon.

Has to be a TARDIS. What else could offer so much potential?

But as a second choice...
The Heart Of Gold. I could just sit around flipping the infinite improbablility drive on and off and seeing what effects all that improbability had.

I'd go with a good ol' Lifting Board or an LFO.

Asclepion:

Massive respect good sir, beat me to it by moments.

I'm going to have to go for this:

The Odyssey from Ulysses 31 its... special ;)

What? I think it counts. Or what's on board:

(Insert mandatory text for sole purpose of avoid low-content warnings here.)

I'm pleasantly surprised that there were a few Eureka 7 choices in this thread. I always thought the tech designs in the show looked lovely.

My choice would be:

For me it's a toss up between this fucker here: Wing Zero Custom

OR

Metal Gear Rex

I think the whole flight thing would teeter it towards the Wing Zero Custom though!

Ah, the Lindblum. Sure, I'll probably need a huge crew but LOOK AT THAT THING!

Very well. Beside the Mako I would totally go for this. Riding a worm of Dune.

A friend suggested this. I felt an urge to slap him.

Finally I have something non-cliche to suggest.

The Intention Craft from His Dark Materials. I'm not entirely sure what its limits are, but it can at the very least teleport, and do a lot of other things by thought alone.

Failing that, an Armored Core. ^^

well, it's kind of hard to choose
I think something that can traverse galaxies in virtually no time at all would be cool - like the Pillar of Autumn would be good, but maybe the Delorian from Back to the Future would also be good,
basically it boils down to:
1, help mankind strive forward
2, fix my own problems, and maybe some global issues

Andy of Comix Inc:

"Space: the final frontier. I am the sole crew member of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to work out how to take off without any kind of fuel for it invented; to seek out any kind of scientists or particularly clever engineers who could build a spaceport for me, even though there would be no other ships to dock there and it'd basically just be for me alone; to boldly go where no man has gone before, but some robots have, and also quite a few satellites.

Also, I want to look into the camera and say 'punch it' like that guy in the J.J. Abrams one."

Yeah, I'm figuring even if I did have a fully functional Enterprise, there'd be no-one to work it, nothing to fuel it, and no-where to park it. I'm picturing just this massive starship propped somewhere in the middle of a large field, not even landed, just tipped on its side. And I'm just walking around going "I AM THE CAPTAAIN!!"

I guess I could get some homeless people from under a bridge to come poke at buttons and wear the red shirts. Yeah. That sounds like fun.

I think this vehicle has too many issues with being that target of alien attacks or malfunction
it'd probably need a serious overhaul in order to avoid being targeted, otherwise you're just setting yourself up to becoming stardust

I would have ta say tha USS Enterprise.

It aint nuthin but by far mah most straight-up bangin fictionizzle vehicle.

Nobody's suggested the Lancelot or Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. models of Knightmare Frame from Code Geass? Surprising... Either that or the Green Goblin's hoverboard.

The Hammerhead, introduced in Mass Effect 2.

It's faster, more maneuverable, jumps higher, and reloads explosive shells much faster, and is easier to control than the Mako. And its on-board VI points out aesthetically-pleasing views. Who could ask for more?

It generates a singularity to teleport short distances very fast and I can discuss with it the psychological reprocussions of an AI that cares for sentient life as a choice rather than as a program initiative.

Would love to drive some Japanese Imperial mechs around town and fight for humanity

Princess Celestia's chariot and the pegasi to pull it. I mean, have you SEEN that thing? It's INCREDIBLE!

chozo_hybrid:
High speed, low drag.

Terran Vulture wins it our for me, I like bikes, so this is my sort of dream game vehicle.

It's a classic piece of engineering.

You know, I'm on a real Starcraft kick too, so I want a Battlecruiser. It's big, fairly comfy, can accommodate a reasonably sized mercenary outfit, which I've also always wanted. Oh and they can a bar. A FUCKING BAR! Also; the Yamato cannon.

Really?

Has everyone forgotten about:

I got dibs on the Epoch.

Well there's he giant spider robot thing from Wild Wild West.

Then there is the... something else. I'm too tired right now to think of any more. Maybe in the morning.

Epicspoon:

Although that is one of my choices. Though I would have to get one that is a little more personalized.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked