An Open Letter to Off-Topic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Ooh, I think I remember when this happened before!

A couple years back, the forums got hostile. They DID chill out again after a while, but you sometimes just have to suck it up and hide in Forum Games until the storm is over.

Until then, I support the liberal use of giant ducks.

Bertylicious:
Clearly the only answer is to abandon the concept of traditional adverserial debate and make it a rule that all dissagreements in off-topic must be resolved with a rap battle.

Shut'cho face, dawg
Rap battles solve nuthin'
I oughta stuff yo' maw
with an oven-baked muffin

Battle raps are better
It's a scientific fact
Semantic manic panic
N***a, you can deal wit 'dat ...'dat ...'dat ...'dat ...'dat

[drops mic]

Calibanbutcher:

If you can't beat them...

Gah, my life and it's fun-crushing purpose has been entirely destroyed, what can I do now? What is the Law if it is not just?

Fappy:
Snip of ages

Allow me,, to lay down at your feet a thread that has changed the tides, a thread that is fun, the very essence of fun, in which even the fearsome fun police has been persuaded to join in on the pure, mindless fun.

BEHOLD THE THREAD OF FUN, RISEN FROM THE ASHES TO DANCE AGAIN, STRONGER THAN EVER.

Join us in the fun times once more, so we can take back this forum.

And yes, this is the real life, so I dedicate this song to you:

Zhukov:
I just stay out of any topic with more than four pages.

This policy is serving me well so far.

So you stay out of threads with more than four pages?
Well, care to join us in this thread then?

tl;dr

The answer is more cats with lasers on their heads and pie

Fappy, your new avatar confuses me. Why is the grandmother from Devil Hunter Yohko abusing you? Why?

OT: I'm with you Fappy. I'm getting burned out. There are threads that I wanted to post in recently. I clicked on them and... the already brewing shitstorms just made me go "meh, not worth it". I hate feeling like that.

Also, I feel like some of these very polarized topics are forcing me into a more extreme position than I'm comfortable with. I'm a Third Wave feminist. I like sexy women (and men) in my video games. The new Tomb Raider game looks great - I like (almost) everything I've heard about it. I want to be cheering the success of a sexy female protagonist, not arguing about Mario games (which I don't like or play).

SkarKrow:

Cap'n JoJo I think we, the fun police, should start enforcing fun instead of punishing it.

Fun is now MANDATORY

You are right Officer SkarKrow, only now have I realised the true magic of friendship fun! There's no time to lose, we must bring the good news to all those poor trolls and flamers who still wallow in silly political catfights over gender and words. Only through the authority of the Fun Police can we bring fun back to it's rightful place on the forums!

Calibanbutcher:
snip

You have shown us the true way of the Escapist, for that I am eternally grateful. I am truly in your debt, Sir Calibanbutcher.

SkarKrow:

JoJo:
Snip

Cap'n JoJo I think we, the fun police, should start enforcing fun instead of punishing it.

Fun is now MANDATORY

Calibanbutcher:

SkarKrow:
Another Snip bites the dust!

JoJo:
Snipetty Snipetty Snip

Well it seems it is my turn again for a clever segway.
Hey JoJo, you know what they say about being on the wrong side?

All that evil we were doing, we must have been...
-shades-
stone cold crazy!!! YEAAAAH!

JoJo:

Calibanbutcher:

Gah, my life and it's fun-crushing purpose has been entirely destroyed, what can I do now? What is the Law if it is not just?

It seems to me that the fun police was the loser in the end.

But because of that, we all have gained something great and grandiose even.
We have gained FUN.

But I know what to do with your law that banishes all forms of fun:
TEAR IT UP

JoJo:

SkarKrow:

Fun is now MANDATORY

You are right Officer SkarKrow, only now have I realised the true magic of friendship fun! There's no time to lose, we must bring the good news to all those poor trolls and flamers who still wallow in silly political catfights over gender and words. Only through the authority of the Fun Police can we bring fun back to it's rightful place on the forums!

Calibanbutcher:
snip

You have shown us the true way of the Escapist, for that I am eternally grateful. I am truly in your debt, Sir Calibanbutcher.

And I could not wish for a greater honour than to be recognized by you.

Now, let us shape these forums together for a better tomorrow.

To bring back Fun to the internet.

Risingblade:
tl;dr

What about normal cats with bread on there heads?

Evil Smurf:

Risingblade:
tl;dr

Just bread? I can't eat a cat sandwich with just bread and pussy cat D:

JoJo:

We have gained FUN.

TEAR IT UP

You're a maniac! A MANIAC I SAY!

And we have not lost, we have reformed and redeveloped ourselves to enforce the magic of funw ith a furious iron fist!

Risingblade:

Evil Smurf:

Risingblade:
tl;dr

I am truly sorry for what I am about to do, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

"What, you don't like eating pussy?"

I am just so very sorry about that...

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand what the problem is. Whenever I see a mod locking down a thread or people complaining about too many threads like that, I have to ask "Uh... what?"

If you thought a thread was getting too ugly then... don't read it? Don't post in it? I fail to see what the problem is, really. It's not like angriness is going to spill over to other threads (any more than it already does), and just shutting down a thread because it got too... what? Too popular? Too negative? Too angry? Is a completely baffling idea to me. If people flame, you moderate them. Sounds simple to me.

And just for the record, I'm not arguing against fun or anything like that, I am saying that there is at least one person who just plain doesn't get what the huge problem is.

Risingblade:

Evil Smurf:

Risingblade:
tl;dr

How about a burger?

The only real option is to have an Escapist-wide Rockem Sockem mech suit free-for-all and beat the crap out of each other until all of (or most of) the aggression is out of our systems.

Sassafrass:

Tsk! How nonsensical. To get there, that duck must have passed under the bridge in the background, but he's far too large. It's inconsistencies like that that drive me over the edge...

Calibanbutcher:

Risingblade:

Evil Smurf:

I am truly sorry for what I am about to do, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Need mayo and cheese!!!

Evil Smurf:

Risingblade:

Evil Smurf:

How about a burger?

Lunch!!!!! That is one tasty looking kitty :3

SkarKrow:

JoJo:

We have gained FUN.

TEAR IT UP

And we have not lost, we have reformed and redeveloped ourselves to enforce the magic of funw ith a furious iron fist!

ME? A MANIAC?
Well I never, Mister Policeman.
I am the eggman.
I am the Walrus.

And concerning the fun police:
Apparently the show must go on...

And this video still gets to me...

Fappy:
P.S: We may need to sacrifice a lurker to Spider-Mod soon if things don't change! :D

You sacrifice to the wrong mod. I am a vengeful but fair deity who loves you all equally.

Therumancer:
[quote="Fappy" post="18.404060.16720143"] I think the trend really started with people like Anita Sarkeesian exploiting the left wing sentiments in the gaming community to spread chaos and troll with faux-issues. That's kind of what got a lot of the less socially liberal people going and becoming more vocal.

Argh, I don't want to fuel any negativity in this thread... but even had to register just to say my piece on this.

Sarkeesian is one of the few people who's actually serious about calling the gaming industry out on its misogynic tendencies. What she's doing is great, and it's needed. She's not "trolling" or "spreading chaos". And honestly this just seems like an attempt to "blame" feminists / women for MRA types going on a hate-trolling crusade against them on these forums.

On a lighter note...

KITTYFROG!!!

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu169/punk-o-matic1/cute-kitty-frog-costume.jpg

Calibanbutcher:

I'd eat that pussy. I'd eat that pussy all day...

Calibanbutcher:

SkarKrow:

JoJo:

We have gained FUN.

TEAR IT UP

ME? A MANIAC?
I am the eggman.
I am the Walrus.

Walrus? I thought you were a rainbow sky manatee!! D: I am so very disappoint.

Damn that song gets to me man.

Rest in peace Freddy you magnificent son of a bitch you.

SkarKrow:

Calibanbutcher:

SkarKrow:

ME? A MANIAC?
I am the eggman.
I am the Walrus.

Walrus? I thought you were a rainbow sky manatee!! D: I am so very disappoint.

Damn that song gets to me man.

Rest in peace Freddy you magnificent son of a bitch you.

But of course I am the rainbow sky manatee.
That is why I am the Walrus.
That is how I can be the eggman.
If I was not the rainbow sky manatee, I could not be the eggman.
If I was not the rainbow sky manatee, I would not know how to be the walrus.
It is because I am the rainbow sky manatee that I am the walrus.

TimeLord:

Fappy:
P.S: We may need to sacrifice a lurker to Spider-Mod soon if things don't change! :D

You sacrifice to the wrong mod. I am a vengeful but fair deity who loves you all equally.

Can the vengeful but fair deity get me and JoJo an official "Fun Police" badge? : D

We can arrange a sacrfice?

Shadowstar38:
Le Snip

I forgive you. However you do need to sing this song.

Calibanbutcher:
Le Snip

You too

Calibanbutcher:
The snip must go on

It is because I am the rainbow sky manatee that I am the walrus.[/quote]

You are the official EGGMAN

E.G.G.M.A.N.!

That shall now play when you enter a thread.

SkarKrow:

TimeLord:

Fappy:

Can the vengeful but fair deity get me and JoJo an official "Fun Police" badge? : D

Sure! Just send me your bank details so I can totally send you $1,000,000 your shiny badges.

Also I require the sacrifice of Daystar

SkarKrow:

Calibanbutcher:
The snip must go on

It is because I am the rainbow sky manatee that I am the walrus.

You are the official EGGMAN

E.G.G.M.A.N.!

That shall now play when you enter a thread.[/quote]

Well, there are certainly worse ways to make your presence known than having a kick-ass theme play as soon as you enter a thread.

Evil Smurf:

Shadowstar38:
Le Snip

I forgive you. However you do need to sing this song.

Calibanbutcher:
Le Snip

You too

I'd much rather watch this instead:

TimeLord:

SkarKrow:

TimeLord:

Sure! Just send me your bank details so I can totally send you $1,000,000 your shiny badges.

The sacrifice of Daystar? Well certainly, but how?
I am quite partial to the ole vulcan-sacrifice-ritual, but I wouldn't object to an all out burning-at-the-stake-ritual either.
Or do you prefer the tried-and-true just strap him to an altar and stab the everything out of him method?

Also, can I get a badge too, seeing as I was the one who managed to change the fun police into the FUN! police?
Hurray for badges...

TimeLord:

SkarKrow:

TimeLord:

I have no bank details and even if I did I have no money but I'll work on the sacrifice of Daystar for you, I'm sure that he has a weakness of some kind...

Calibanbutcher:

Well, there are certainly worse ways to make your presence known than having a kick-ass theme play as soon as you enter a thread.

The sacrifice of Daystar? Well certainly, but how?
I am quite partial to the ole vulcan-sacrifice-ritual, but I wouldn't object to an all out burning-at-the-stake-ritual either.
Or do you prefer the tried-and-true just strap him to an altar and stab the everything out of him method?

Also, can I get a badge too, seeing as I was the one who managed to change the fun police into the FUN! police?
Hurray for badges...

Kick-ass entry indeed. I'#m on a Queen binge now D: up to "Who Wants To Live Forever".

You are the honorary General of the FUN! Police. It is our duty to enforce fun by whatever means possible, that is our burden and our justice.

SkarKrow:
Le Snip

TimeLord:
Le Snip

His weakness is Fappy. Kidnap Fappy and you have leverage.

Am I hallucinating? It can't be...I FOUND THE FUN! GUYS! QUICKLY! IN HERE!

Praise whatever god I praise! Hope and salvation in the Wasteland.

Time to celebrate!

Therumancer made a post in here, and everyone ignored him. See? We're one step closer to collective happiness already!

Calibanbutcher:
So he would have you believe, he wants us to think that he has changed, but I found more evidence of his fun-loving nature:
Hear the crowd cheer for him, watch him enjoy the dancing, watch YOUR CAPTAIN HAVE FUN:

WITH A GIRL
ADMIT IT, JOJO, YOU WANT THE FUN.
GIVE IN TO THE FUN.
JOIN THE FUN.

Time for a proper dance off, it seems!

I'm sorry, but that Big Daddy dances worse than Commander Shepard.

Evil Smurf:

SkarKrow:
Le Snip

TimeLord:
Le Snip

His weakness is Fappy. Kidnap Fappy and you have leverage.

Thank you for your assistance in this ongoing investigation citizen. Your contribution will be rewarded in time.

Now have more fun. Fun is the law > > -insert judge dredd clip here-

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked