Lament For The Fallen (Banned)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Zeel:
That Zeel guy was such a handsome, clever and pleasant fellow too! Why do the good die so young?

Whadduh....how....but I thought....are you.....is this....

What membrane did I just pass through to end up in this alternate reality?

Seriously, as soon as I saw the name, it was like I was watching a combination sumo gymnast twisting while somersaulting through the air and seeing all of the errant turds fly out of the ass end due the amount of G-forces that his body shouldn't be experiencing at that moment, yet unable to turn my gaze away, knowing the spectacle that will be the impending catastrophic conclusion would unfold before my very eyes.

Uh, anyways...welcome back. I'm now left wondering how many others will be surprisingly resurrected...

Oh yeah, and uh, I remember some of them, may they rest well. Until they, too, become like zombie Jesus...

EDIT: And the sumo gymnast has hit the ground, face first, with a resulting THUD that would put most bombs to shame. All bones could be heard snapping at the moment of impact and its body let loose a torrent of excrement from almost every orifice as the finale now comes to pass.

Re-Goodbye, Zeel. Thou shalt be remembered. Somewhat.

Meh, not to be a total stickler, but Mortai and Boudica got what they deserved, both of them were quite irritating on a lot of fronts. Boudica in particular in the way where she would completely ignore valid points in a given post in favor of cherry picking components that agree with her assertions was incredibly annoying.

madwarper:

However, if someone fails to learn from their actions after committing seven infractions, then they have earned and completely deserve the ban that will soon follow.

Seven infractions over the course of over 15k posts? Let's see how many mistakes you make after so many posts before you judge others, eh?

Edit for facts. I honestly thought she had more.

Tom Milner:
what happened to vault? I wasn't around when she kicked the bucket.

Vault put up a picture displaying a crying baby because she didn't like someones attitude with the gaming industry.

I don't miss Vault and most of these posters at all. They start out alright but they all seem to become very opinionated and rub it in, so they get what they deserve.

Devoneaux:

madwarper:

However, if someone fails to learn from their actions after committing seven infractions, then they have earned and completely deserve the ban that will soon follow.

Seven infractions over the course of over 20k posts? Let's see how many mistakes you make after so many posts before you judge others, eh?

Not an excuse. You have all the time in the world to think about your reply before posting. Also, you can send a post to the mods first to see if it's alright with them.

Nazulu:

Devoneaux:

madwarper:

Seven infractions over the course of over 20k posts? Let's see how many mistakes you make after so many posts before you judge others, eh?

Not an excuse. You have all the time in the world to think about your reply before posting. Also, you can send a post to the mods first to see if it's alright with them.

So posters can't be forgiven for mucking up .046% of their posts. Mm. You know you can say "Rules are rules" if that's your angle, I still say those rules could stand for improvement.

Something tell me this thread will be locked soon, I mean a few of the names listed by the OP were rather infamous.
Anyway I only remember one banned members futher back and that was Eico who is really is best forgotten.

Devoneaux:

Nazulu:

Devoneaux:

So posters can't be forgiven for mucking up .046% of their posts. Mm. You know you can say "Rules are rules" if that's your angle, I still say those rules could stand for improvement.

Well, it depends what you consider a muck up. obviously calling people names is pushing it, but that's how a lot of them got banned. That should be obvious I reckon. Some I saw got kicked out by calling someone a troll which they got in trouble for using before, and to me it's no excuse.

I will agree though if you mean more warnings for slight offenses, whatever those are.

Freezy_Breezy:
Also MaxTheReaper. What a funny cunt.

Not gonna lie, I still miss that guy.

However, I was pretty shocked to see Matthew94 got the axe. I hadn't even noticed his absence. Same for Vault (though I can't say I'm bothered by it).

I think you forgot Kumorikun or howhever his name was spelled, I didnt like him in the slightest (had a good laugh when he got banned) but he was notable.

Nazulu:

I will agree though if you mean more warnings for slight offenses, whatever those are.

You know, I don't actually have a response for this. In this context, the idea of a slight offense is rather vague/intangible isn't it?

Edit: I dunno, maybe revise what passes for a low-content post? I'd compare it to smoking pot as opposed to axing your wife in the head (Directly insulting someone)

Devoneaux:

Nazulu:

You know, I don't actually have a response for this. In this context, the idea of a slight offense is rather vague/intangible isn't it?

I do know now :-)

Nah. What I meant by that is that I wouldn't know a middle ground at all, that's why I'm OK with the rules at the moment.

madwarper:

OlasDAlmighty:

but we all make mistakes, we're human beings.

Agreed. That's why we have seven chances to make mistakes and learn from them.

Right... I got a total of 5 infraction points for one post. I eventually got it appealed to 4 points instead, but you get the point, it's not like you get 7 chances, given what I thought would be a relatively minor offense I got half my chances taken. If you're wondering what it was for, I called a content creator a dick.

OlasDAlmighty:

Okay, but I've gotten 3 warnings, and none were for being "rude".
...mentioning the T word...

Wait... What the hell is the T word?
I can think of no word that begins with T that deserves a warning on its own merit. Hell, I can't think of a single word that deserves a warning on it's own merit. Especially on a forum where you can use the words fuck and nigger so long as the context is inoffensive.

OT: The only fallen ones that really liked on the OP's list were Danyal and Matthew94. Some, such as Vault101 I couldn't really care less about. Others, such as Boudica and Mortai, well I dance on their graves.

Nazulu:

Devoneaux:

Nazulu:

Nah. What I meant by that is that I wouldn't know a middle ground at all, that's why I'm OK with the rules at the moment.

Well I did put some thought to it. There are people who receive infraction for taking part in banter that isn't relevant to a thread or given topic(low content posts). I can understand discouraging derailing threads, but should we really be banning people over something that in comparison, is completely benign?

I think Katatori-kun got banned more recently than even Vault, which is unfortunate. I had a good debate with him at one stage, and the post he got banned over wasn't remotely offensive, just bitter.

I didn't really care for Vault though to be honest. I think I even reported a post once because it was irrelevant to the topic. I wouldn't have banned her myself, but considering what others have been banned for, she did pretty well.

And I was about to bring up that I saw Zeel having posted in another thread just now, but hey, saved me the trouble by posting in this one.

In the end, of the ones that I recognise, I personally would not have banned them, but I can see why they were banned.

Devoneaux:
Edit: I dunno, maybe revise what passes for a low-content post? I'd compare it to smoking pot as opposed to axing your wife in the head (Directly insulting someone)

I think they still give out warnings for new people.

Arakasi:

It might possibly mean "tranny". I got a warning for it in early 2012, ignorant that it was an offensive slur (I had previously seen transsexuals refer to themselves as "trannies" so I had no idea. Still got warned though). If it isn't that, then I have no idea.

I didn't really know Vault, she seemed like your average poster here but with an obsession with Mass Effect and bad spelling and grammar, but hey I missed something obviously. As for Mortai, can't say I miss him in the slightest, yeesh. Mathew94, I just realised I hadn't seen that avatar for ages. The rest I don't really know, and how the heck is Zeel back? Well good luck to you anyway. Should be interesting.

BathorysGraveland2:

Arakasi:

It might possibly mean "tranny". I got a warning for it in early 2012, ignorant that it was an offensive slur (I had previously seen transsexuals refer to themselves as "trannies" so I had no idea. Still got warned though). If it isn't that, then I have no idea.

Quite possibly is, but I'd be suprised if the moderation was that strict on it. I mean 'gay' or 'queer' is commonly a term for describing homosexual people in a derogitory manner, but it's really the context that it is said in that counts.

Nazulu:

Devoneaux:

Oh they do, so as you said, they were warned before. My complaint is that this isn't something I feel the mods should even bother concerning themselves with, it's such a small little thing when compared to people who directly insult others, directly and purposely derail threads, flame threads, and so on.

The best way to avoid a banning on TheEscapist is really to avoid posting at all. Sometimes it is unavoidable and many good people have been banned (Vault101) for what I see in an almost random manner. I have been put on 'warning' for posts I thought were reasonable and well thought. But someone decided to 'report' it and a mod must have glanced at it before moving on.
I miss a lot of the members. But what can you do? Bitching accomplishes nothing.

Devoneaux:

Nazulu:

Devoneaux:

Well I did put some thought to it. There are people who receive infraction for taking part in banter that isn't relevant to a thread or given topic(low content posts). I can understand discouraging derailing threads, but should we really be banning people over something that in comparison, is completely benign?

I forgot to ask the mods about that one. I wanted to ask if they could banter something else if they still responded the original topic. My guess is no.

I'm not sure. I guess there should be a number of off topic argument posts before you cross the line, or they could receive a warning in between if that's possible for the mods.

Devoneaux:

Nazulu:

Devoneaux:

Oh they do, so as you said, they were warned before. My complaint is that this isn't something I feel the mods should even bother concerning themselves with, it's such a small little thing when compared to people who directly insult others, directly and purposely derail threads, flame threads, and so on.

I would agree with this, but unfortunately, like many things, people start overdoing it and it just makes so many threads seem really empty. You would get so many people quoting others just saying 'this', and it sometimes filled 90% of the people in thread.

MeChaNiZ3D:
I think Katatori-kun got banned more recently than even Vault, which is unfortunate. I had a good debate with him at one stage, and the post he got banned over wasn't remotely offensive, just bitter.

I didn't really care for Vault though to be honest. I think I even reported a post once because it was irrelevant to the topic. I wouldn't have banned her myself, but considering what others have been banned for, she did pretty well.

And I was about to bring up that I saw Zeel having posted in another thread just now, but hey, saved me the trouble by posting in this one.

In the end, of the ones that I recognise, I personally would not have banned them, but I can see why they were banned.

Meh, Katatori-kun had a tendancy for aggressively arguing and belittling posters whom didn't agree with or found to be ignorant on a given subject. He seemed smart enough but I can't say I'd feel sorry for him if he got banned, honestly I kind of expected it.

Nazulu:
snippysnip

I can understand that reasoning, I just would like to think we could give others a little bit of credit, I mean the Facebook comments for most articles are actually large enough and contain enough relevant content to be considered passable escapist posts.

I have come close to being banned, so I stopped posting on this forum for like 2 years just so I get back in the green.
Now I have to rethink ANYTHING I post because I honestly, scared of the moderators sometimes.
From experience, appeals don't seem to go anywhere.

Scarim Coral:

Anyway I only remember one banned members futher back and that was Eico who is really is best forgotten.

You mean this user?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Eico

BathorysGraveland2:

Arakasi:

What happens when you use the word in conjunction with automotive transmissions?

Anyway, bringing things back on topic, if you cast your net further back, there are members such as Darth Mobius and Eggo who managed to be rather infamous. Eggo was a vicious defender of the PC as a gaming platform. Then there was RAKtheUndead, who seemed to be trying to court controversy for years. I still recall the massive iPhone rants, moreso than the subjects which eventually got him banned.

jackpipsam:
I have come close to being banned, so I stopped posting on this forum for like 2 years just so I get back in the green.
Now I have to rethink ANYTHING I post because I honestly, scared of the moderators sometimes.
From experience, appeals don't seem to go anywhere.

Scarim Coral:

You mean this user?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Eico

Yup that her alright. She had a very apathy view to the point of being outright cold and to expressed concern to stranger is a lie. Example of this is her posts on the New Zealand Earthquake and the tsunami in Japan disaster events.

I'm really missing Mortai, Katatori-Kun, Matthew94, and Vault101 (even if her postings were abhorrent, grammatically). There remain few reasons for me to keep coming back to these forums. People are way too thin-skinned.

Arakasi:

I can think of no word that begins with T that deserves a warning on its own merit. Hell, I can't think of a single word that deserves a warning on it's own merit. Especially on a forum where you can use the words fuck and nigger so long as the context is inoffensive.

Tea, are, oh, double hockey sticks

It's never actually happened to me, but I've been called the word before by someone else. The guy got a warning almost immediately. It doesn't much matter how it's used from what I gather either. You can say fuck/nigger/cunt until the cows come home, but don't use that word ever. I'm even a little nervous about it right now, to be honest. Consider this an important lesson.

OlasDAlmighty:

Arakasi:

Tea, are, oh, double hockey sticks

It's never actually happened to me, but I've been called the word before by someone else. The guy got a warning almost immediately. It doesn't much matter how it's used from what I gather either. You can say fuck/nigger/cunt until the cows come home, but don't use that word ever. I'm even a little nervous about it right now, to be honest. Consider this an important lesson.

Troll? You can use that just fine, so long as the context is fine, like most other words. I think the other person who quoted me is more likely to be correct.

Zeel:
That Zeel guy was such a handsome, clever and pleasant fellow too! Why do the good die so young?

HA! Vault101 got banned? Oh man, the irony of this is too sweet for me. I'm gonna get cavities.

WAIT WHAT
I... I'm so confused. Y-you were.... I don't... BWUH.

Zeel's back and with an ironic Commander Shepard badge....

I'm packing me bags and going home before this trip gets any weirder!

Much like break-ups, if you get banned, chances are it's for a very good reason.

I've actually surprised myself by recognizing quite a few of their names. I guess my memory isn't as bad as I initially thought.

TopazFusion:

hazabaza1:

Zeel:

HA! Vault101 got banned? Oh man, the irony of this is too sweet for me. I'm gonna get cavities.

WAIT WHAT
I... I'm so confused. Y-you were.... I don't... BWUH.

There's always the possibility that it's Kross trolling on Zeel's account.

That's my headcanon anyway...

I dunno. Like, he's in a lot of other threads, posting... fairly similarly. I'm so confused.
Hopefully he updates his blog explaining what happened.

It really is amazing how many innocents get caught on a mod's bad day... Rest in piece and I get the feeling that this post may put me amongst the fallen if that mod with a grudge against me is having one of those bad days today and feels like exploiting the "low content" rule again... That rule really should be reworded to just prohibit "FIRST!" posts and posts with just images while allowing for smaller posts where the poster said words that reinforce the point that someone else has already made (I got my first suspension for a post where I reinforced a point that someone else had made because apparently it was "low content". I could practically write an essay about how the low content rule needs to be reworked to avoid the all too frequent unjustified and unfair applications of it)

Getting banned is probably something everyone here will go through eventually. It is inevitable.

I remember having a couple of good, stupid conversations with Boudica... And like many, am starting to miss Vault's atrocious grammar. I didn't know Matthew94 got banned, but now that you mention it there has been a distinct lack of James McCloud avatar. I also-

Zeel:
-snip-

SHIT, WALKER!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked