Lament For The Fallen (Banned)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Cowabungaa:

Redlin5:
Fact of the matter is, you're only as known as you are visible.

I've always wondered how visible I was. Passed the 10k mark recently and yet I feel like I'm still a stranger here.

Post inflation due to prolific user group users or *cough* forum gamers like myself has led to a higher number of 10K+ posters around on the site. When I first joined, if someone had 10K or more, you knew them. Nowadays I don't know half of the people who have passed that threshold.

For most people avatars are what cements you as a visible figure. I recognized your avatar but not your name when I saw the quote notification.

Daystar Clarion:

bobmus:
Well the main ban that sucked as far as I was concerned was Matthew94, but I still chat to him on Steam anyway so it's been no big deal in the long run. (:

It's the natural flow of things - you either get banned before you grow tired, or live long enough to slowly get sick of the forums.

It's been a while now, maybe he could get back in :D

I miss that angry Irish bastard.

Maybe we can tempt him back with drink and sweeties - the chat needs more drunken typing and picture flooding! :D

The_Echo:

Freezy_Breezy:
Also MaxTheReaper. What a funny cunt.

Not gonna lie, I still miss that guy.

/Agree
Had a good amount of forum weight.

So many good users in RnP...
I cant even remember them all.
Stagnant is one i remember pretty well though, t'was a bit sad when he got banned.

F-F-Furburt......

I really miss that guy.

I still head over to Mellow Leprechauns every now and then just to say hi.

I swear, that place is like the official Banned Escapist Celebrity Zombie Circlejerk forum.

If they picked themselves up and acted like decent, respectful members they'd still be here. I'm far from a good example, but at least I can read the rules and change behavior after an infraction. Why lament or even stick up for people who don't, or whine as if some outstanding people should be above it? None of the names recognized are martyrs; they weren't nice people.

I recognized a surprising number of names, actually. I do recall one that hasn't been mentioned, that being "fish food carl", but most of the ones I recognized didn't surprise me when they got banned. Luckily, I am a sterling member of Escapist society, and have a clean record. Except for the warning I got about a year ago. Also, the fact that very few people recognize me on this forum puts a damper on the whole "example of how to behave" thing.

Cowabungaa:

TheRightToArmBears:
I do miss some people, like Furburt and RAKtheUndead, but more often than not I can understand why they were banned (especially RAK).

The mods got sick of his constant hating on anything that involved relationships or, gods forbid, marriage. He wailed and riled against everything associated with it out of pure self-hatred, for instance complaining why such topics were made yet still posting in them. I tried helping him with it once but to no avail. After a while people got sick of his hate spewing and he got banned for good.

Shame in a way he was like that. He wrote some damn insightful articles here.

Redlin5:
Fact of the matter is, you're only as known as you are visible.

I've always wondered how visible I was. Passed the 10k mark recently and yet I feel like I'm still a stranger here.

dat avatar, i do remember you you old goat :D plus "cowabunga" is a bit noticeable/memorable.

OT: i remember a few of those on the list, and i can see how they were banned, with their aggressiveness against plenty of users.

i do wish there was a better system in place that didn't do perma bans unless the person was outright zeeling everyone like a steroided hulk.

Arakasi:

Wait... What the hell is the T word?
I can think of no word that begins with T that deserves a warning on its own merit. Hell, I can't think of a single word that deserves a warning on it's own merit. Especially on a forum where you can use the words fuck and nigger so long as the context is inoffensive.

I think they were referring to the word Twerp, which recently got me a nice two week suspension in which the mods did not respond to any of my attempts to appeal.

sky14kemea:

Again, that's something for the Appeals queue. Appealing for a perma-ban takes into account all your past infractions, as well as your general behavior across the forums. If she isn't brought back after appealing, then there's probably a good reason for it.

As we always say, if you have problems with the Moderation or Staff, you can always PM someone directly. You're far more likely to get an answer for it than posting in a thread. (Not that you have, just because of an earlier example, I feel it needs stating again).

If that is the case, then why was I ignored three times during my last suspension when I wanted to appeal? No response, nothing. Not even someone saying "nothing you argue will change your suspension time". What about that, when the mods can't even be bothered to respond to someone who wants to discuss the issue?

cahtush:
So many good users in RnP...
I cant even remember them all.
Stagnant is one i remember pretty well though, t'was a bit sad when he got banned.

Last year was a busy one for the banhammers for sure. Probably had to do with the US presidential election. Let's see...

arbane
Stagnant
Rustlin' Jimmies/Donuthead
Wolverine18/Kendarik
Xanthious
DrVornoff
pro_family_lover/piffle
Danyal

Those are the ones I can remember on the top of my head. I wouldn't be surprised if the full list was at least twice as long.

I miss Swollen Goat, Parararararararararararaptor and Sir John. The rest I either never cared for, and in some cases am very happy that they got banned.
I did recognize most of the names in the OP. I remember the shitstorms from when Teddy, Hubilub and Furburt left. I never really knew them and as such gave no shits.
Edit: I remember a guy with a necron avatar and another guy with something that looked like a lumpy spy vs spy character from when I just joined. I don't remember their names though. The latter was kind of a jerk, I remember that much.
Edit 2: While I remember Matthew94 and Vault, I didn't care for either and shed no tears for them. Maybe its something to do with me being an FG recluse.
Edit 3: In response to massive post count = you will get warnings: I disagree. My post count is relatively big, but I haven't had any mod wrath. Could also be a consequence of me being an FG recluse, though.
Edit 4:

Sassafrass:
74 posts.
74 posts and no one mentioned Pararaptor. Or LordCuthberton.
And I've only seen one mention of Swollen Goat.

Y'all disappoint me, Escapist. XD

Also, welcome back Zeel.

I remember them all. Hey, what ever happened to Ren, Chinchilla, and Baby Eater/Toast?

Zeel:
HA! Vault101 got banned? Oh man, the irony of this is too sweet for me. I'm gonna get cavities.

Zeel:
@wintercoat You underestimate me. After all I did get unbanned. I'm sure I can behave myself for a few weeks.

Well. That was ironic. And hilarious.

Can't exactly say I'm sorry to see Mortai and Blahblahb go, as nearly every post I saw from them was passive-aggressive and condescending. Though maybe they were better behaved in other topics, I don't know.

Drathnoxis:

Special mention to doggie015 who was banned in this very thread.

Saw the last post by doggie015 and it doesnt say they're banned.

For more OT I cant really think of anyone not on that list but sober thal on there does surprise me. I didnt realize they were banned.

Soviet Heavy:
If that is the case, then why was I ignored three times during my last suspension when I wanted to appeal? No response, nothing. Not even someone saying "nothing you argue will change your suspension time". What about that, when the mods can't even be bothered to respond to someone who wants to discuss the issue?

The mods do not review your appeals. Moderation issues are reviewed by the staff.

TakerFoxx:

Agreed. That was a 10/10 on the lulz scale.

BloatedGuppy:

Soviet Heavy:

The mods do not review your appeals. Moderation issues are reviewed by the staff.

TakerFoxx:

Agreed. That was a 10/10 on the lulz scale.

That doesn't explain why the hell nobody bothered to at least give me a response.

Soviet Heavy:
That doesn't explain why the hell nobody bothered to at least give me a response.

I'm not a psychic, Heavy, I was just correcting your misconception. Asking a mod why the mods are ignoring you isn't going to net you a lot of insight, because the mods aren't ignoring you.

I suspect, though, that if you didn't get your infraction repealed then your appeal did not pass muster.

BloatedGuppy:

Soviet Heavy:

I'm not a psychic, Heavy, I was just correcting your misconception. Asking a mod why the mods are ignoring you isn't going to net you a lot of insight, because the mods aren't ignoring you.

I suspect, though, that if you didn't get your infraction repealed then your appeal did not pass muster.

Right now I don't even care if they didn't drop it. I'm just miffed that they didn't even bother to tell me "no, it is not appealed". All I got was silence.

Heh. I remember quite a few of those names. *sigh* I was a lurker for way too long, this site has some some pretty iconic people.

Although I cannot help wondering when Therumancer is going to get the chop.

Or if I will for stating that I think he deserves the chop.

*cough*

I remember Dart Mobius and Necroswanson from waaaaay back. Also remember some of the more recent ones too.

Also anyone remember the owl guy who spammed the forums with owl pics? I can't recall his user name.

Drathnoxis:

Zeel Edit: Apparently Zeel was unbanned
Edit Edit: Zeel has been re-banned

I can't believe I missed the one-day-long revival of Zeel.

Maybe next time the mod-gods will give the second chance to someone who's actually worth it.

I know it's early, but I got fingers crossed for Vault personally.

This is a good thread. The ban-hammer is applied way too freely on this site. Who bans the banners ?

TopazFusion:

excalipoor:
Did she just go nuts with the warns over the winter, or was that one post over the top enough to drop the hammer on her?

GunsmithKitten chewed through all her warnings and suspensions. She went through every single one, going up one notch at a time (and never seeming to get the message).

I mean, she once called Jim Sterling a "brain damaged talking head".

Sweet baby Jesus, that's a lotta bile! I do remember her talking about leaving the site on multiple occasions though, so I guess she just didn't much care either way? I have a hard time believing anyone would write that stuff and NOT expect to get modded. I always though she was batshit insane, but never stupid.

TheDrunkNinja:

Drathnoxis:

Zeel Edit: Apparently Zeel was unbanned
Edit Edit: Zeel has been re-banned

I can't believe I missed the one-day-long revival of Zeel.

Maybe next time the mod-gods will give the second chance to someone who's actually worth it.

I know it's early, but I got fingers crossed for Vault personally.

Apparently he managed to get one of his posts pardoned, which meant he was on last chance status again.
Vault could try to do the same thing.

So many people get banned on this site...damn

Khell_Sennett. His final slightly racist rant in a long line of insane rants was to be his undoing.

PlatonicRapist:
This is a good thread. The ban-hammer is applied way too freely on this site. Who bans the banners ?

Bruce Banner, obviously. Banner holding a banner wielding a banhammer.

Troublesome Lagomorph:
I remember them all. Hey, what ever happened to Ren, Chinchilla, and Baby Eater/Toast?

Haven't heard from them in ages. They were fun folks to be around but I guess they got bored and moved on from us... :/

Redlin5:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Haven't heard from them in ages. They were fun folks to be around but I guess they got bored and moved on from us... :/

Ren was studying a lot, The Chinch comes and goes as he feels and Toast is still around on Steam and some FGs at times.

*Flies away*

Sassafrass:

Redlin5:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Ren was studying a lot, The Chinch comes and goes as he feels and Toast is still around on Steam and some FGs at times.

*Flies away*

I need his steam name then!
I haven't seen Toast in I don't know how long. Same with Ren.

Redlin5:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Quite a shame. I really liked them.

PlatonicRapist:

I have to disagree. I think the banhammer is swung fairly. The times I come across a post that got a user banned I believe that the user was right in getting banned for it.

viking97:

EDIT Just learned that she was banned because of many warnings, that makes more sense.

That's how it works around here. She knew better, and she got what she deserved.

I'm confused, how could anyone here possibly support Zeel? And how the hell did he ever make it back? He made a post on another forum trying to recruit people to come and troll the Escapist after his first ban. Did he hack the website or was this a mod playing a joke. I don't want to read through 7 pages to try and find an answer since he's already been rightfully put down again.

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the banhammer has been applied much more as of late than when I first got to this site. Maybe I just never noticed. But it is kind of funny seeing some of the people up there. Some deserved it, others might have done just too many small things. At any rate, I am hoping that I will never have to face the horrors of the ban.

Drathnoxis:
Sober Thal

Lol, I personally thought he was a snobbish prick that called people "immature children". Was kinda pleased he got banned for a post that encapsulated everything I hated about him.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked