Lament For The Fallen (Banned)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Neronium:
snip!

I didn't mention vee cause I sometimes talk to her on Skype.

Marik2:
blah

I'd be sad glad if you got banned.

then no more lolis then

Marik2:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Neronium:
snip!

I didn't mention vee cause I sometimes talk to her on Skype.

Marik2:
blah

I'd be sad glad if you got banned.

then no more lolis then

I'm sorry, then.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.273853-I-cant-wrap-my-head-around-this-word-problem#10586827

i suddenly feel honored to have had some of those people post in my thread >_>

anyways, I will miss Vault101's gifs. They always gave me a smile

My contribution to the graveyard are SikOseph and Zeeky_Santos. And Darth Mobius, but his account was deleted. And a few others from Warcry that I'm too lazy to look for. Sorry if this is a little late.

bobmus:
Well the main ban that sucked as far as I was concerned was Matthew94, but I still chat to him on Steam anyway so it's been no big deal in the long run. (:

It's the natural flow of things - you either get banned before you grow tired, or live long enough to slowly get sick of the forums.

Where have you been man! I thought you were banned or something!

Evil Smurf:

bobmus:
Well the main ban that sucked as far as I was concerned was Matthew94, but I still chat to him on Steam anyway so it's been no big deal in the long run. (:

It's the natural flow of things - you either get banned before you grow tired, or live long enough to slowly get sick of the forums.

Heh, hey Smurf :D

To be honest, mostly I've been playing TF2! I still pop into the Brovengers a few times a week, but voice chat has kind of replaced my need to forum quite so much (:

bobmus:

Evil Smurf:

bobmus:

Heh, hey Smurf :D

To be honest, mostly I've been playing TF2! I still pop into the Brovengers a few times a week, but voice chat has kind of replaced my need to forum quite so much (:

Voice chat with me some time, I have a new computer and everything!

Ah, Necro, Carl ad Khell. Necro was always angry, Carl lost the faith and Khell...I can't really remember.
Others I recall Richard Groovy Pants, now there was a one. If you were on his right side, then he was awesome...if you weren't then he let you know. And Eggo, but I recall that guy mostly being a little tiny bit like a certain fascist dictator, of the PC Master Race.

The only thing I think is pretty screwed up is how "low content" posts work here. I have seen posts with a few words that contain more "content" than posts with three paragraphs, but sometimes those posts get tagged. It is something that desperately needs to be changed.

LordCuthberton was banned? No way. I knew I hadn't seen him in forever...

Lionsfan:

tangoprime:

Devoneaux:
Meh, not to be a total stickler, but Mortai and Boudica got what they deserved, both of them were quite irritating on a lot of fronts. Boudica in particular in the way where she would completely ignore valid points in a given post in favor of cherry picking components that agree with her assertions was incredibly annoying.

Had to quote you on this. Of the list, I distinctly remember those two, and how I celebrated their bans. Of particular memory was Boudica's staunch multi-page defense (and thread hijacking) of how Hitler was a great leader who just happened to be a leader at the wrong place and time and that's what set him up for failure. Mortai... I can't remember any specifics, but seeing that screen name makes me a little angry for some reason, lol.

/Mortai'd

Ha!
Oh my god, that was so perfect!

You should do impressions more often.

Redlin5:
I like how forum celebrities of yesteryear are no longer mentioned in these lists. Reminds me of how useless the pursuit of the title really is. I only remember one banned member personally. Swollen Goat was funny before he got so bitter.

"Fame" and "glory" is fleeting. Only those whose actions truly make an impact continue to be remembered.

OT: I remember many of the people mentioned in this thread. Some of them were friends of mine. But now they are gone, as are many others who I knew when I first joined these smelly forums nearly 3 years ago. Some might say I too am on that list of long gone people, if it weren't for posts like this where I pop back up for a second to say "I'm still here, lurking."

<3

Yureina:
Some might say I too am on that list of long gone people, if it weren't for posts like this where I pop back up for a second to say "I'm still here, lurking."

<3

I'm glad you're still around! :D

Redlin5:

Yureina:
Some might say I too am on that list of long gone people, if it weren't for posts like this where I pop back up for a second to say "I'm still here, lurking."

<3

Me too. Being gone is boring, whereas being around has so many opportunities. :P

Nice avvy, by the way. :o

By the way, some of those people on that banned list asked for their bans. I don't mean that in the sense that they deserved what they got, but that they actually asked a mod to ban them. Those people, technically, are not permabanned. :o

Yureina:

Redlin5:

Yureina:

<3

Me too. Being gone is boring, whereas being around has so many opportunities. :P

By the way, some of those people on that banned list asked for their bans. I don't mean that in the sense that they deserved what they got, but that they actually asked a mod to ban them. Those people, technically, are not permabanned. :o

I've suspended myself for academic purposes in the past. Controlling the addiction and stuff. Some people just get their accounts banned because they're sick of the place, not because of anything they've done themselves. I know of a few people who requested for bans that way. They can still come back but whether they want to or not is a good question...

Nice avvy, by the way. :o

Just getting in the spirit of the season. ;)

Drathnoxis:
the more to remember them by in a single thread the better.

I see a long list of former enemies on here.

And sadness, as there are a number of friends on that list too.

It's like the memorial wall in Mass Effect 3 =\

Okay.....Who is Vault101, why are they important, and why were they banned...

I'm pouring one out for Vault right now. Im going to miss that crazy girl.

Too bad I don't frequent this forum enough to recognize any of these people by name. Let me double-check the list...

I liked Mortai, and I will miss reading Vaults stuff.

Forgot about Boudaica... can't remember if I argued with her or merely argued in a loto f threads she was also posting on at the time... I feel slight anger when reading that name, but whether from her or merely from all the threads I saw her in I don't know.(a lot were feminism related I think, can cause frustration and anger quickly there)

Still, sort of sucks a lot of good people lost, especially over small add up. Wonder if there should be a counter balance system in place somehow. Like a way to like or agree with a post and getting so many of those can add or dismiss a lower infraction post. Since this is a community, it would be a way to reward frequent posters who do good discussions and it would make sense that slipping up on a low content post or something shouldn't be seen as some ban worthy evil if the person who did it has been posting hundreds of decent or quality posts beforehand. The regulars do help make the site as enjoyable as it is, and such a notion might be compatible with the token system or whatever else others are tossing around. Idk, maybe I just think the place needs a better way to reward and keep people rather then only designed to punish and remove.

Freezy_Breezy:
And PirateKitty. Oh well, no lament here.

Oh God PirateKitty. She was the worst. Her and Snowy Rainbow. He got done in for ban-jumping I think. He's come back a couple times, I can always tell his posts because he's so damn disagreeable (and maybe I'm psychic). Those two were insipid, impossible to have a discussion with and always turning decent conversations into flame wars.

The two giants about when I joined were Furburt and Hublilub (or however you spelled it), who I was always mildly indifferent too. I think I was about just after MaxTheReaper, and I can't remember too many people who got banned.

I'm not glad she is banned but I'm glade she is gone. She often started threads that were borderline trolling or at least very flammable. If this was your intention Vault then I salute I as a best (most subtle) troll I've seen on this forums. If not, then you should have checked twice what were you posting.

Jesse Billingsley:
Okay.....Who is Vault101, why are they important, and why were they banned...

She was a user that people thought was funny, she had atrocious grammar (which people thought was endearing) But in the end, she simply had too many warnings and let them stack up, so she was banned after calling the OP of a thread a crybaby (by using an image)

Sad to see her go (like anyone) but she broke the rules and was banned for it.

bobmus:
snip

Hey bobmus! Why don't ya come to the Forum Games anymore?

TizzytheTormentor:

Eeyup Tizzy.
Too busy playing proper games! (i.e. TF2)
Sorry :C

bobmus:

TizzytheTormentor:

Eeyup Tizzy.
Too busy playing proper games! (i.e. TF2)
Sorry :C

Hmm, well, after you are done mooning over your vidya gaymes, come join us again! mParadox set up a user group for us! (easily found on the My Escapist page)

Ill miss vault101 and gunsmith this place wont be the same without them. :(

Huh, it seems the OP is keeping this thread up to date.
Because there are quite a few recent bans on that list, bans that are much more recent than the date on this thread.

Maybe not lock this one, mods? This is a useful resource.

IceForce:
Maybe not lock this one, mods? This is a useful resource.

I actually agree - it's not like it'll encourage people to break the rules, and might actually be useful for people in terms of working out why people got banned/whether people actually have been banned or not.

Well I can contribute a couple.

boots and matthew_lane
Both notable for always getting involved in any gender debate they could find. And both were always on completely opposite sides of the debate too.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked