Which is your favourite badge?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

What it says on the tin; which, out of all of the available Escapist badges is your favourite?

Mine is Laser Cat, for obvious reasons.

And I think I might've accidentally /thread before it even got rolling.

The one on the far right.

Mostly because the requirements for getting it are a mystery.

What is my life?!

My vote goes to the two hypothetical future badges of the letter "J" so I can finally spell out my name in badges. Won't happen you say? Well, I did get a Little Sister badge after years of waiting for one to be made...

Oh....that's a toughy...

It would probably be a fight to the death between the "Survivor of Nightmares" (the ax) and the "Founder Lord" (the crown) that are on my display.

I actually won a contest to get "Survivor" and so I most certainly appreciate my shiny 360 and I...well...I have a Kinect now (I kid...I of course also appreciate the Kinect even if it is barely used).

The Founder Lord one just makes me proud that more than two people actually wanted to read what I had to write :)

I think my favourites are probably the Landmark badge and the Forum Vagabond badge. The Vagabond just looks supremely cool, and I also like it for a personal reason - that I managed to get it before The Escapist forums had loads of sub-forums, so it meant I had to discover WarCry before ever getting it, which was a neat way of getting people to explore The Escapist's sister site, I thought.

I like the Landmark badge because beer.

'Death from Above', because even though it isn't a dinosaur, it was my result from the dinosaur quiz. And dinosaurs are awesome.

Also, there is no tiger badge.

The "On Fire" badge. It remind me that for once I had made a populat thread that got alot of comments (I remember which one it was).

OK favourite badges in order:

Aperture Science
We Do What We Must, Because We Can

I love that quote below it.

Don't Panic!
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Galactic Hitchhiker
A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have

Both of these are equally awesome.

The Wizard
Robe and hat not included.

For some reason, I never get tired of this. Also, I like playing wizards.

Laziness
You'd put this badge in your profile, but it just takes so much effort..

I'm very fond of this badge. I'd even put it just after the ones that would display under my avatar for this very reason. Hey, dragging it a bit further up/left is too much work, isn't it... :P

And of course

I love it.

EDIT: Umm, did the spinning button never work when linked to in a post or...what's going on?

Landmark.

Because not many people have it. It's an accolade of the veterans.

WORSHIP ME.

'Amazing Topic!' (blue pencil badge) Because a bunch of awesome guys helped me get it. Thanks you guys! You know who you are!

Easily Landmark! It's the big achievement, not everyone can say that they have been here that long. Well, and cause beers!

Second place would be a tie between ZP Mashup and Championship Edition. I remember voting for Keane just for the simple fact that that is my last name (spelled differently of course) and he ended up winning! It runs in the blood. That ZP matching thing was fun and I display my knowledge with pride!

Definitely Miracle Of Goats, the Spinning Button and the Red Button. Mainly because of their interactiveness. Although I'm not going to attempt to drag the red button into my top 5 badges, because the last time I tried it registered as my clicking it, and the "interactive" element of the red button kicked in.

Baby, baby, baby oooooh

The forum inferno badge. Why? Because I have it and you don't.

Neener neener.

Dirty Hipsters:

Neener neener.

Ahhh, but you don't have 'Amazing Topic!'

Seriously though, what thread did you get Inferno for? I'm always interested to know what thread topics get that many views.

TopazFusion:

Dirty Hipsters:

Neener neener.

Ahhh, but you don't have 'Amazing Topic!'

Seriously though, what thread did you get Inferno for? I'm always interested to know what thread topics get that many views.

Back when EA first introduced Origin I went through their EULA and noticed that the way the EULA was written it gave EA the right to use their software to gather unlimited information about users and then sell that information to third parties without the users' consent or knowledge. I made a thread about it, it got a ton of views, and the story got picked up by a bunch of gaming publications which forced EA to rewrite that section of the Origin EULA.

The thread was called something like "Origin watches you sleep."

I kinda like the mudkips badge from the impossible pokemon quiz. Because unlike the impossible yahtzee quiz, it wasn't bullshit.

JoJo:
My vote goes to the two hypothetical future badges of the letter "J" so I can finally spell out my name in badges.

I second this notion!

Right now my favorite is ether the K I've got because it fits so well with my avatar or the hookshot because who doesn't love the hookshot.

Mine would have to be the "On Fire" badge I got for the first thread I created on this sight.

hard to choose.

but I guess M.Bison, for the flavor text :D

My favorite would probably be the "watched every ZP" badge if I could figure out how to get the damn thing. I've watched every episode multiple times.

I'm going to have to go with Charismatic Stallion. I like it because it's so absurdly inappropriate for a permanently single maladjust like myself.

Weeping Angel badge also good. They're one of the best enemies ever -- and that's in a series that features such greats as Daleks, Cybermen, the Master......

In terms of just plain fun?

I do like the milestone badges I keep in my top five. Each one kind of represents a different moment in my history here.[1] When push comes to shove though...

Mudkip!

[1] Including the one where I officially became 'old'

Dirty Hipsters:

Neener neener.

Oh damn it. Now that makes my wanting to get the 'On Fire' badge seem pointless.

OT: My favorites include the 'Nice hat' for the picture, and 'Triple Cunted Hooker' because it's still funny.
Though my favorite overall would have to be the Apeture Science one. It looks cool, and it has a cool quote.

TheYellowCellPhone:
Landmark.

Because not many people have it. It's an accolade of the veterans.

WORSHIP ME.

I hope they add a higher tier of the landmark badge. It's only a matter of time before it becomes common as Regular.

'Rainbow Powah!!,' because the power of love compels you, and 'War Is Hell' because I love Spec Ops: The Line.

Daystar Clarion:
The one on the far right.

Mostly because the requirements for getting it are a mystery.

What is my life?!

As a fan of Rorschach from Watchmen, I am incredibly jelly x_x.

VanQ:
I hope they add a higher tier of the landmark badge. It's only a matter of time before it becomes common as Regular.

I reckon 5 years then 10.

Nouw:

VanQ:

What would the badges be of? A keg and then a brewery?

TopazFusion:

Nouw:

VanQ:

What would the badges be of? A keg and then a brewery?

Well of course! I think it'd make more sense for 10 years to be two kegs though.

My Forum Inferno badge.

It's specialer because I got it thanks to my Forum Game. And do you have any idea how hard it is to have regulars continually visit the thread and post in Forum Games? INCREDIBLY.

My favorite is my Cuddles badge from Apocalypse Lane because it was one the best series on the Escapist. I proudly display it at the front of my badges at all times.

I really like my anti Hero badge personally and I hope to get a Neo someday prolly like 5 years from now :).

Hm...I don't really have a lot of the great ones. My two favorite though are probably the two on the far left under my avatar. The movie one was just funny to me because I got all the questions right but had barely seen any of the movies in the quiz, and just a few minutes ago a friend had been telling me on Steam that I watch too many movies and I was telling him that I didn't...

As for the geek one, it just describes me pretty well and it looks cool.

Also the spinning button and the goat button are both awesome. The red button, not so much. It is pure EVIL.

Nouw:
Well of course! I think it'd make more sense for 10 years to be two kegs though.

Oh yeah, that would make more sense.

VanQ:

I can't help but think, by the time I get Landmark, everyone else will already have it by then too...

"Excellent topic" Made a thread with over 50 replies. Yes, that sounds pathetic but it took me over 4 years to make a thread that even made it to the second page...

Probably either Landmark or On Fire (curse you people with Inferno!) because they're both at least somewhat challenging to get.

Of course, the good old spinning badge is lots of fun.

At the moment the cat themed badges.
Also try this one. It is super fun.

My desert bus one is the pride and joy of the badges I've received. It was a 50/50 punt to get it but still WINNER!

Close runners up go to Lazer cat and the Beer badges.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here