Your Life's Highlights

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So yesterday I played airsoft proper for the first time, AND IT, WAS, AWESOME. The only real downside I find though is that now my body is so achy that it's hard to get out of this chair I'm in. But that was only one of two major highlights of my life the other being going behind the scenes of the New Orleans aquarium a long time before Katrina at no extra charge. So, with that in mind, what would you consider your life's highlights?

Definitely one of them was going to the Escapist Expo last year. First convention and it blew my mind!

Literally, there was brain all over the floor. Took them days to get all the blood out too

A class trip to Oslo in ninth grade. Haven't felt so alive since. Fuck, I even had genuine human interaction in my life.

Joking aside, I guess it would be going to Disney Land when I was young. I still have the memories and they're wonderful.

The 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. My brother had won tickets to the final hockey game between Canada and the US.
Good times.

I've set foot in Japan.........that's pretty much my life's highlight and my one major life goal summed up into one small sentence.

I now need a new life goal! To re-set foot on Japanese soil!

Getting my laptop was a blast, but really knowing I'm blessed and free to live in a way that honours God is an amazing feeling. Yep, I brought religion all up in this bitch.

Upcoming Metallica concert here in the dark uncharted land of South Africa.

The day my stepdad took me to the library and I discovered manga. It was wonderful.

PsychicTaco115:
Definitely one of them was going to the Escapist Expo last year. First convention and it blew my mind!

Literally, there was brain all over the floor. Took them days to get all the blood out too

That Miracle of Sound Concert was absolutely incredible. I was right up there in front. :D

Can't wait for this years expo!

OT: Idk, that concert, a 5FDP concert, and all of my favorite video games. I don't really categorize moments of my life into highlights. There are just good times and bad *shrugs*

Fan Expo 2012 here in Toronto was a blast. All my favourite things in one place.

Also, my vacation in Moscow was pretty cool. My routine for 3 weeks was to get up, go to the Metro, and just go to where the train leads me.

I think it's weird I can't think of a highlight of my life as of yet. I guess when I graduate from college and get into a graduate school program that will be the highlight of my life. Though I'm beginning to worry more and more about how long it's going to take to graduate... fuck BME and all the complications that arise.

When I graduated from college because those were the best times of my life. I'd also have to say my trip to the Swiss Alps. Did some hiking up in the mountains, so refreshing and awe inspiring.

Let see

Me and my bro attended the Pokemon touranment in Trafford Centre, Manchester. This was in the Red/ Blue era.
I went to my first anime convention with my bro in London.
Going to Disney World with my family.

Erm... not much.

Compared to the above, I've done nothing but be book smart... not that it's gotten me anywhere... :(

Yeah, can't think of anything really... apart from visiting HMS Belfast, and HMS Victory and be dismayed at all the fake cannon :(

I dunno, my life hasn't really had much highs and lows..

sorry. kind of went all out on this one. only meant to wright just one or two and they kind of just evolved in to bigger stories. click the spoiler to read stories of explosions, romance, friendship, embarrassment, fear and joy

captcha: bowties are cool. it's not relevant to the stories, i just wanted to remind you of the the doctor who 50th anniversary (because i am a doctor who geek)

Sitting in a loft as a Led Zeppelin vinyl with American Civil War figures on top wail as I, while wearing a top hat, load a revolover as my friend lays out replica guns on his pool table before throwing a zulu knife into a dartboard and sword fighting with Napoleonic British officer's swords. Most surreal 6 hours of my life.

Flirting with the most beautiful and out of my league girl, who can't speak my language, and finding out she likes me. I also asked her out but couldn't make out her response through her accent and was too embarassed to ask her to repeat it, still, biggest confidence boost. In fact that day another gal confessed that she thought I was great and yet another admitted I wasn't "actually that creepy"... I know that doesn't seem like much but that's the day I stopped being a downer and started waking up happy in the mornings...

Hello Cojo965, among others,

I have had only a few highlights in my life so far. The first one happened when I outed a pedophile who was running an MMORPG fan site with court documentation that detailed his various convictions. I was very happy with myself regarding that.

The others include when I received an offer letter for my current place of employment in late 2011. I was quite pleased to get to work here, considering that I dropped out of elementary school.

I do want to have more, though, and am considering leaving my current place of employment at some point over the next year in order to travel the country by foot. It is a difficult decision to make, though, and I may not do so.

SVilleca

Going tramping with my friends. Good times, good people and a damn good view.

Found sixty quid right outside my house, think that went on CD's and booze, but still, considering I'd just finished my exams, it was a pretty awesome thing to find. Otherwise... meh...

When i was a kid, me and my mom used to play JRPG's all day and night. Such happy days of my youth, stuffing my face with taco's till i couldnt walk and telling my mom her turnips were wilting in Harvest Moon! And then after chatting up the local girls we'd save the game, and play some Okage: Shadow King.

And then there was my first love! I was 15 at the time. Cute girl, very british. Which was a bit of an oddity in Detroit. I was in this terrible garage band that was the biggest HIM rip-off of all time. She was probably our only fan, and thats only because her taste in music was worse than a deaf alligator in a burning building. We'd go on dates to see imported japanese movies played at the local theater. The japanese version of "Pulse"? Out of this world. I still get chills thinking about it.

Then there was hanging-out/being-babysat with my mom's friend Gooch. Awesome dood. He had the straightest hair youve ever seen, and it went past his knees. We would watch anime after, after anime. Im not sure an 8 year old should watch uncensored imports, but i didn't end up a murderer or rapist, so it must be ok.

When i think back on it, my life has actually had a lot of highlights. Ive been pretty lucky i guess.

Meeting my girlfriend almost three years ago.

Getting a job in Japan so I can live close to her.

I once got quints on 4chan. I hold it as the crowning achievment of my life.

In my mid teen years(15) I managed to resolve a dispute with a gang member without violence!

This may not seem very big to some people but back then I couldn't solve issues with anyone without violence.

Since then I've been finding non-violent solutions to all sorts of problems! My paranoia levels have decreased, I have a much sunnier (though still distempered) disposition and my body has never been in less pain!
I also don't go into 'fight or flight' mode whenever someone looks at me with a slightly annoyed expression :D

My family moved to Spain when I was eight, so that has to be one. Saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers live, that's another :)

Here are a few that spring to mind:

- First kiss, with a girl I love.
- Being asked by the girl I lost my virginity to: "How did you get so good at this?"
- Finding out the girl I'd been crazy for for about a year was equally crazy for me.
- Getting my dream car.[1]
- Driving the real Batmobile. When I was younger we'd go on family trips to Warner Bros. Movie World all the time, and each time, my brother and I would dress as Batman and Robin. When the daily parade came around, the actual Batman and Robin spotted us and invited us in to ride along with them, and Robin let me drive it down the main street of the park.
- Seeing Daft Punk, Metallica, Gorillaz, Burt Bacharach, The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess, Madness, Faith No More, The Black Keys, and Eels live.
- Seeing my models (LEGO, clay and CG) come to life through animation.

I'm also going to pre-emptively list my upcoming holiday to New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles as a highlight.

[1] Yeah my dream car is a Smart, what of it?

I once trapped the Tank in a safe-room. I was playing with a friend who I admired and was really cool, and he congratulated me through the tears of laughter. I had never felt prouder.

Soooo many good times :)

Two world youth days. To stand amid a huge crowd of people who'd come from all corners of the world, to hear them sing and pray together. And suddenly, all the things that usually separate us, the barriers of language and culture and class, didn't matter anymore. It was as it should be, we were all brothers and sisters, united by a common faith. Say what you want about religion, the spirit at these events is unique and wonderful.

A week in Taize, the most peaceful place I've ever been to. Life there is slow and ordered, you live according to a firmly set schedule. But there is a kind of freedom to be found in not having to make choices, to be able to just float with the stream and rest from the complexity of the outside world for a little while. Like the world youth days, it's not a place where you can stay forever, but you can take a little of that spirit with you when you go back to the normal world.

Getting an abstract accepted to a big reasearch conference this summer was a pretty awesome moment.

There were a few moments when I was writing up my diploma thesis. It's the hardest thing I've done so far, but it was exhilerating at the same time, and there were a few moments when I was walking to uni in the early morning sun, drunk from lack of sleep, and epic music playing on my mp3 player, and I felt like I could run forever and take on anything.

I tried desperately to save another person's life and failed miserably! They literally died in my hands!
I got PTSD!
I don't see dead people though! (except when I sleep)
That's pretty great if you ask me.

Grimdark aside, the trips I had to other countries (lemme see... Greece, Russia, England, Belgium, Germany, Austria, France, Bulgaria... yeah that's about it) were generally great experiences and I'm quite happy about getting the chance to visit these places at all.
Um.
Had some good times with people. Emphasis on 'some', but I still had 'em.

Yeeeaaah, not much else.

Asking out a friend I really liked and got a yes from her. ^_^
Making an RPG in 2 weeks for a contest and people actually liking it.
Going to the grand canyon and just...soaking in how powerful nature is.
Playing paintball for the first time.
Grad ski trip in high school. It's just about the ONLY good memory I have from that hellhole of a school.

Those are the moments that really stick out for me when I look back right now.

The expos I attend have been some of the best days ever.

My boyfriend is the best thing that ever happened to me. I've been treat so badly by all my past boyfriends, meeting someone I love so much and who does everything he can to show me how much he loves me is beautiful. I didn't think I'd ever be this happy and I hope everyone else gets the chance to feel this good :3

I dunno. Not much interesting has happened in my life. But one thing that comes to mind is going to New York last year on a School trip. New York was cool, but the thing that made it so awesome was that it mostly consisted of the year (grade, etc) below mine, and they hadn't judged me, yet. It felt as if I actually wasn't an outcast for once. Girls actually bothered talking to me. That was cool. Yeah, the sooner I get out of school and get a clean slate, socially, life's going to get a lot better for me. I changed a lot since first year, people don't know the new me, and I can't let them see it because I'm all too aware that they are still judging me by the old.

Oh, and one time, a girl I had a massive crush on said she thought I was cute via the 21 questions Facebook app..

..hehe..we hadn't shared but a word, and since, have only shared about five. I got over her. Damn crushes. They're a waste of time.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh.

Hmmm...

I'm still alive, and I don't live in Africa. That's pretty good, I guess.

I seriously can't think of anything other than maybe buying a really awesome game or DVD. Not that I consider myself to have a bad life, but I've never had any crowning achievements or memorable highpoints. My dad not dying of double pneumonia and meningitis maybe?

I've never been in love, I've never kissed a girl, I've never been abroad, and I've never been on a crazy night out with friends since I don't have them.

Maybe I can count making an account on the Escapist as one.

Casual Shinji:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh.

Hmmm...

I'm still alive, and I don't live in Africa. That's pretty good, I guess.

I seriously can't think of anything other than maybe buying a really awesome game or DVD. Not that I consider myself to have a bad life, but I've never had any crowning achievements or memorable highpoints. My dad not dying of double pneumonia and meningitis maybe?

I've never been in love, I've never kissed a girl, I've never been abroad, and I've never been on a crazy night out with friends since I don't have them.

Maybe I can count making an account on the Escapist as one.

Well, looking at your deviant art account, your drawings are pretty good. Is there any art work you feel particularly proud of drawing?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked