Do you know the "Jesus and Buddha anime"?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Yup not jokingXD, a couple of years ago i found a manga about what would happen if jesus and buda lived together in the same apartment in today world, in Japan?, the manga was quite funny, now the manga is getting it's own anime adaptation:

Funny imo what about you guys ? care enough to watch ?

What the... I don't even... Japan?!

It's actually spelt Buddha OP but aside from that, it's a premise so crazy I may just have to watch an episode to see what it's all about.

There aren't words in the English language adequate enough to express my feelings on how mental I think this premise is.

I didn't knew it was Buddha thanks.

I heard of the manga but I wasn't aware that they had made an anime until now. Seeing how three of my animes had ended (Shirokuma Cafe, Fairy Tail and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, well for the time being), I will at least watched the first episode to see if it's something I will liked.

This is the greatest thing ever and I need to watch it! I am always happy when I see something insane from Japan. It means that original and weird thinking is still around

I can't wait this looks awesome!

It looks almost as good as Squid Girl. Almost.

I like it.
Seriously, when this comes out and gets subbed I am going to watch it.
From that little trailer, I can tell that I'll enjoy it from the zaniness of the idea alone.
It seems like it will be released in Japan...next month?

Meh i didin't realize it was the short trailer xD here's a longer and newer version:

Where has this been all my life! Buddha? Jesus? I'm in.

Buddha and Jesus living in an apartment together in Japan.

If this is either dubbed or subtitled, this may be the first Anime aside from Pokemon that I'll ever watch voluntarily.

Hazy992:

There aren't words in the English language adequate enough to express my feelings on how mental I think this premise is.

That's why the trailer is not in English, I assume. I can only guess this pales in comparison to the anime

I knew about the manga for a while.

But hey, where's Muhammad? .......Oh...right.

I've seen the first episode and it is fantastic. I was expecting a more serious show where they deal with modern culture, but it is actually a comedy and a brilliantly funny one at that. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the release schedule for new episodes is. But, yeah, I would highly recommend it.

This is the first I've heard of this manga and the first I've heard of this anime. I watched both trailers a couple of times and yeah...I absolutely need this! Something about the idea of Jesus loving the smell of tatami mats and, enjoying shojou manga just seems...right...to me.

Now this looks interesting! I'm definitely going to give it a look.

Somehow I doubt that it will involve scantily clad super-babes like in that Goddessey comic TGWG did an episode on, though. <.<

watching the first episode right now and it's awesome

This and Detroit Metal City have been the most funniest manga to date for me.

I love how Jesus keeps gettting told he looks like Johnny Depp.

I seriously think that japan is awesome in that they can make jokes about religion and no one gets pissed off about it.
Also, I grew up in a Christian school with a Buddhist family all my life, and it still amazes me how much Christian and Buddhist jokes the author can come up with.

Casual Shinji:

If Muhammad was their whiny annoying neighbor, that would make it all the better.

OT: I will so watch a sub/dub of this.

Funny thing I already knew about this! My girlfriend mentioned it at some point. I always assumed it was a yaoi thing, but it doesn't SEEM yaoi... is it?

Johnny Novgorod:
Funny thing I already knew about this! My girlfriend mentioned it at some point. I always assumed it was a yaoi thing, but it doesn't SEEM yaoi... is it?

I haven't seen it (yet), but I DO think that even Japanese won't go there.

Drauger:
Meh i didin't realize it was the short trailer xD here's a longer and newer version:

*pfff* LAWL! That last bit when they get accosted by the gaijin evangelical, priceless!

JoJo:
What the... I don't even... Japan?!

It's actually spelt Buddha OP but aside from that, it's a premise so crazy I may just have to watch an episode to see what it's all about.

Unfortunately for all of us expecting a series, it's only going to be a film. To be released May 10th looks like.

Still, this much amuses me ^_^ , more so because they've got the mores of each belief system (well, some of them) down in humorous fashion without it actually being wrong. Will definitely see it when it comes out.

Johnny Novgorod:

Jesus and Buddha yaoi...it probably does exist

Johnny Novgorod:

As open minded as I try to be............. EWWWW MAN seriously xD

@On topic watched it yesterday, it's funny, there are supossed to be ovas i don't know how many but you can probably watch em already.

Copper Zen:
Now this looks interesting! I'm definitely going to give it a look.

Somehow I doubt that it will involve scantily clad super-babes like in that Goddessey comic TGWG did an episode on, though. <.<

God... why did you remind me of that? WHHHHYYYYYY!!!!
Uhhh... how do you do Blip TV embeds?

Hazy992:

Then Try Japanese.

OT: You know what... Fuck it, I'd watch. Just to see what the hell they've written.

Captcha: I'm blushing.

Whoa now Captcha! Let's not get all flustered over it...

I saw this on the troll charts for years and I can't believe it's actually getting an anime. Next you'll be telling me Spice and Wolf is getting a 3rd season.

I enjoyed the manga so I'll be looking forward to the anime.

Saw it a few days ago, actually. A lighthearted fish-out-of-water sort of thing. I enjoyed it.

Anything that takes the piss out of religion in a funny way is cool in my book. What's the name of the manga so i can check it out?

VMK:

Johnny Novgorod:

I haven't seen it (yet), but I DO think that even Japanese won't go there.

Risingblade:

Johnny Novgorod:

Jesus and Buddha yaoi...it probably does exist

Drauger:

Johnny Novgorod:

As open minded as I try to be............. EWWWW MAN seriously xD

@On topic watched it yesterday, it's funny, there are supossed to be ovas i don't know how many but you can probably watch em already.

She's into yaoi, I always assume every anime/manga she brings up is yaoi! :)
Now that I see a clip I'm almost disappointed it's not yaoi.

Have read the first 15 or so chapter of the manga and I enjoyed it,this looks just as much fun ^_^
Although people are saying conflicting things,some say the have already seen the first ep-while others are saying it a movie due for May 10th so which is it?

No, but now I want to know it. In the Biblical sense of the word "know."

Desert Punk:

Casual Shinji:

If Muhammad was their whiny annoying neighbor, that would make it all the better.

Did you just read my mind? I always had an idea for a cartoon where Jesus is Dennis the Menace and Muhammad is Mr. Willson

looks hilarious! went to pass it on to my anime loving folks!

going to give it a watch myself.

I tried watching the first episode a couple weeks ago when a friend showed it to me and my brain just could not reconcile the amounts of weird in that show.... Its not bad, its just not watchable XD

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked