If you could bring any setting to the real world?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So I put this in off-topic cause I'm not just talking about games, but books, movies, TV shows, anything.

If you could bring one setting from any medium and make it real, what would you choose?

Mine would be the entire setting to Ghost in the Shell. I love cyberpunk, and the idea of having a cyborg body or cyber brain is so appealing that to me, its hard to resist.

what about you, fellow Escapists?

captcha: duvet day

There's a day for that?

OK, any setting? I'll go with Ninja Burger. Ninja Burger is a chain of fast food restaurants that are owned and operated by ninjas. Their corporate slogan is simple - "AAA Service: Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere". And they stick to it - secret underground lab at midnight? Gotcha. The White house during a press conference? That's covered. And two more things - the deliveries are done in 30 minutes or less, otherwise they do a seppuko and also, nobody has to see the delivery being made.

The ninjas are just awesome. But there are also demons and stuff inhabiting the world. The demons tried to conquer the Earth, but unfortunately, the first humans they run into were ninjas, who proceeded to kick their ass so hard, the demons now lie in hiding in the world waiting to eliminate the ninjas before attempting to take it over again. The demons have a parcel delivery service.

Probably Pokemon because, you know, Pokemon.

I figure that this answer will make up half of the responses.

Ah! Megamisama! (Oh! My Goddesss!) Because any world with Belldandy in it has got to be an improvement over this one.

Jurassic park. Even if dinosaurs were running amok, attacking San Francisco and eating lawyers. I think this would be great, because there would be FUCKING DINOSAURS! And despite looking like a 24 year old, I'm actually 9... and still fuckin love tyrannosaurus rex.

sextus the crazy:
Probably Pokemon because, you know, Pokemon.

I figure that this answer will make up half of the responses.

Because forcing animals to fight is fun!

OT: Tetris

The Outback from The Maxx a comic by Sam Kieth a world that is special to each individual with your very own spirit animal a.k.a Maxx

If I die I would want to spend the rest of eternity in Minecraft.

Since someone already said Pokemon i'm going with the bionis and mechonis from Xenoblade chronicles. I just hope anyone that goes there isn't afraid of heights.

The Shire. If Gandalf hangs out there, you know it has to be good.

mbarker:

If I die I would want to spend the rest of eternity in Minecraft.

In peaceful mode? Otherwise, that sounds fucking terrifying.

I'm torn between Equestria and Tamriel. Kinda on opposite ends of the spectrum I know, but they're two of my favorite fictional settings ever, I mean both would bring a flood of magic into the world and being an honest to goodness adventurer would be a viable occupation in both.

Probably Rapture or Columbia from the Bioshock games. Minus the plasmid wielding drug addicts and decaying structure of the former and all the racism and religious fanatics of the latter.

Fullmetal Alchemist. Think of all the awesome stuff we'd be able to do! Like make cannons out of nothing and the get your face ripped to shreds by a madman with ax X on his face!

werewolfsfury:
Since someone already said Pokemon i'm going with the bionis and mechonis from Xenoblade chronicles. I just hope anyone that goes there isn't afraid of heights.

I have to second the Bionis and Mechonis. Imagine living the multicultural Colony 6, which is bustling with life and all sorts of people with a variety ideas! A romantic evening with your significant other in Satorl Marsh is only a short walk away. Adventurous folk could wander through the dinosaur infested and exotic Makna Forest before hanging out with the Nopon (because Nopons are awesome!). You might also want to take some time to visit the beautiful Alcamoth and Eryth Sea, and Colony 9 would be great for a relaxing vacation. Finally, those interested in learning about the Machina and the cyborgs that Egil created would be a nice addition, especially for those like me who'd undergo the transformation in a heartbeat. It would truly be an interesting place to live!

Call of Cthulhu.

Why? Because why not!

Also as a giant fuck you to atheists. "Not only is there a god, but he is a massive douche!" :P

Star Trek...

I mean seriously how has no-one suggested this?

Desert Punk:
"Not only is there a god, but he is a massive douche!" :P

Why does this sounds so familiar?

As for my pick, I'd go with the version of New York City from Marvel Comics, so much crazy shit constantly happening there. Not that I'd ever visit as a mere civilian for fear of an embarrassing death at the hands of a third-rate villain but I just want to be able to watch The Daily Show and listen to John Stewart's take on guys like Doctor Octopus, "You think a guy with a P.H.D. would have enough forethought to realize sticking metal tentacles to his back and attempting rob a bank probably isn't going to end well."

Either something futuristic like Star Trek or cberpunk like Deus Ex or GitS, or something fantasy related like Warcraft and TES.

I'd love to go to Rapture, even with all the sploicers running around and plasmids to soup up on (providing I can be like Jack Ryan and use them without crippling insanity). I'd probably spend most of my time in Arcadia.

If not Rapture, then probably the world of Chrono Trigger with the time gates still active.

Honestly, for me the choice is simple. Fallout.

God I love Fallout. Even being a constant bastion for good in those damn games, I still love the concept. But barring Fallout, even being an EX brony I think I'd have to go with Equestria. It's generally a peaceful world but exploration would still be rewarded and those who are capable of being decent human beings will always have a home.

I'm a sucker for happy endings or nuclear fire, either works.

Mass effect sounds interesting, if only because it would have everything we already have + more. INB4 some monster says the Berserk universe.

Some kind of steampunk world, I really like that setting as a concept but strangely enough I haven't read/seen/played any steampunk(other than Dishonored) material. I'd definitely go for Firefly's sci-fi western/Chinese theme as well, think of all the awesome swears, Shun-SHENG duh gao-WAHN(means Holy Testicle Tuesday,apparently).

There was a thread a little while back about which setting you would live in if you could, this seems about the same but in reverse. I'd probably go with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because cybernetic upgrades, and also the aesthetics of the world. In fact, just the sunglasses would be enough. Doesn't screw up my ponytail when I put them on.

Star Wars, natch.

Middle-Earth, obvs.

Pokemon, clearly.

Harry Potter, without a doubt.

The Leet World.

Just for something completely different.

If not that, then definitely Saints Row.

Pokemon is usually my go to answer for these sorts of things, but Yu-Gi-Oh! GX wouldn't be bad either. It's important to specify GX in particular though because 5D's is a dystopia with heavy class segregation, and the original is basically our world but where card games are just slightly more important. In GX though, you get to go to Yu-Gi-Oh Hogwarts to learn how to become a professional Yu-Gi-Oh player instead of actual school.

dumbseizure:

Mine would be the entire setting to Ghost in the Shell. I love cyberpunk, and the idea of having a cyborg body or cyber brain is so appealing that to me, its hard to resist.

MeChaNiZ3D:
There was a thread a little while back about which setting you would live in if you could, this seems about the same but in reverse. I'd probably go with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because cybernetic upgrades, and also the aesthetics of the world. In fact, just the sunglasses would be enough. Doesn't screw up my ponytail when I put them on.

You guys understand that part of the cyberpunk setting requires that even though stuff looks cool, it's a shit place to live, with all kinds of social upheaval and injustices abound right?

Gatx:

MeChaNiZ3D:

You guys understand that part of the cyberpunk setting requires that even though stuff looks cool, it's a shit place to live, with all kinds of social upheaval and injustices abound right?

Yep, that's how easily amused I am.

But seriously, mercenaries and scientists have it alright.

Desert Punk:
"Not only is there a god, but he is a massive douche!" :P

Sounds more like Pat Robertson or any other Evangelist.

Either Rapture (without the downfall and side effects of the plasmids) or the entire Mundus (The universe in which TES games take place, not the first DMC antagonist).

The Night Watch books by Sergei Lukyanenko, but only if I get to be An Other, a powerful Dark Magician preferably. I choose Dark not necessarily because I want to be evil (I don't... I swear...believe me...), but because I would want to be left alone for the most part. Oh, and when I say powerful I mean I want to be a Higher Other, so that I can make portals, because that would be cool.

Legaia.
As in "Legend of Legaia", the first one.

Gonna go find myself a Ra-seru to wrap around my wrist!

Many good ones have been mentioned and as I want to mentiona new one.
Pokemon was taken, as was HP Lovecraft and FMA...
Another anime? Naruto... because then also everyone has the possibility of using their and getting good skills, equality ;)

The pokemon universe

Think about it, I know it's just Anime touch ups but come the fuck on. THIS WOULD BE PERFECT TO LIVE IN:

A universe where man is dominant but is relatively clean to the environment, on top of that, the world is populated by creatures with extreme power with a decent enough intellect. We work together towards a mutual relationship between humans and pokemon and guns are almost non-existent so wars come down to battles.

Just gimmie an Empoleon for Surfing and a Staraptor for flying and I will be:

Greatest. Universe. Ever. (Not middle earth)

Warhammer 40k.

Some men just want to see the world burn. And maimed. And killed, fifty times over.

The Land of Ooo. Sure it may be post-apocalyptic, but hey, an entire Kingdom made out of CANDY!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here