Google Maps witnesses an apparent murder?

So the following GPS co-ordinates are doing the rounds on the internet today... 52.376552,5.198303

If you have the Goolge Earth plug in enabled and enter those coordinates, Google's mapping system takes you to a small island in Beatrix Park, Almere in the Netherlands where two figures appear to be dragging a dead, bloodied victim and casting them into a lake!

I'll put a picture in a spoiler, be warned. Though the image is fuzzy and not absolute evidence of any wrong doing, but since it could be seen as somewhat macabre (I'll refrain from calling it gore).

I don't really have any words except... Fuck... But make of this what you will...

For a little discussion value, share any odd, weird, wonderful or downright crazy things you have found or heard about using Google Earth...

Holy shit! Has this been reported to the appropriate authorities yet?

What?

That's surely not real.
That's a pretty big blood trail to leave behind you. Blood trails are not recommended when trying to stash a body.

The authorioties will probably have to search the lake now anyway though. Even if it turns out to be fake, it's not really something you can ignore.

I've heard it's something to do with the wood being near the water or something. Seems more likely, especially with there being no blood on the road and no car to drive the body there or something.
Plus, not sure if that body looking thing is actually a body.

Crap... that look's pretty serious, difficult to make out what the alleged body is though, could be a dead animal rather than a person.

Well that's definitely a new one.

Christ, I think the weirdest thing I'd seen before this was a couple of people with those horse masks on.

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed to be false. I can't seem to find the link that explained it now, but it had something to do with a dog that went into the lake.

What springs to mind for me is that this is a fake set up for this very reaction. Stupid as, but not all that far fetched. If it is a real dead body then... well... shit. Hopefully this does get investigated, just to be on the safe side.

...before this all I'd seen were a few idiots pulling stunts for the streetview cameras.

Good old Google Earth, I wonder when we'll stop finding interesting stuff on there...

I read it was a dog too. If you imagine a dog after swimming in the lake, walks along the wooden pier, shakes himself at the end, then you can see another line to the right of the more prominent one where the dog walked back, less wet.

Or it could have been a murder.

I think it's entirely possible that the wood is just wet, when you look at it long enough, it's more of a brown-ish color anyway.

Most faded wood, like the dock has, turns dark when wet, so a wet dog, shaking itself dry and walking away while dripping wet, makes sense.

The only real murder scene(?) I've ever stumbled upon on Google Maps was in Mexico.
Because two people laying next to a fence on a shore with their car doors wide open is a perfectly natural occurrence.
Oh, and that other guy? Just having a nap in an out of the way location next to train tracks and tucked a fair ways behind some shanties.

I think the picture going around now is just a wet dog.
I've never seen blood make those kinds of marks, but I have seen them on wet wood.
Still, it does look pretty horrific from a different perspective and distance!

Here's a google map link

Looking at the surroundings there's no car nearby, there are several places where dumping could have been done easier and as stated by others the blood trail might just be wet wood.

The trail wouldn't branch of like that if they were pulling a body. It looks bad though, but really it's nothing.
Phew, it takes lots of hard work to throw people off my trail, damn Google exposing my dumping spot...

NightmareExpress:
The only real murder scene(?) I've ever stumbled upon on Google Maps was in Mexico.
Because two people laying next to a fence on a shore with their car doors wide open is a perfectly natural occurrence.
Oh, and that other guy? Just having a nap in an out of the way location next to train tracks and tucked a fair ways behind some shanties.

I've never seen blood make those kinds of marks, but I have seen them on wet wood.

How did you find this? Just random clicking and zooming?

It's a fisherman and his dog. Or so I've heard.

On Google maps I like to go to airbases and count out the military aircraft there, then use Wikipedia to determine the cost of all the equipment on the base. Then compare it to my county's education budget. It often depresses me.

There's a third guy in the brush if you look at the link someone provided. I doubt it's a murder. That'd be a lot of blood. My guess is it's a dog like people say.

The Mexico pics are kinda... interesting. Who wants to go on vacation?

NightmareExpress:

Im more disturbed that the google maps van man drove past this shit and did nothing. The places that driver went. Jegus. Scarring as fuck. Imagine having to photograph the poverty and death of a shanty town AND the murder of two people (perhaps from blood thirsty cartels) and just having to keep going. Id be scared as fucking shit.

Can't remember any sort of coordinates but I do remember seeing a girl giving a guy a blowjob on Google Earth.

BiscuitTrouser:
Im more disturbed that the google maps van man drove past this shit and did nothing. The places that driver went. Jegus. Scarring as fuck. Imagine having to photograph the poverty and death of a shanty town AND the murder of two people (perhaps from blood thirsty cartels) and just having to keep going. Id be scared as fucking shit.

This is Gogle Earth not Google Maps. The pictures were taken from an airplane moving too quickly to actually see anything. Even if they did see something, there is not enough detail to give a description, and they couldn't just land the plane to chase after them.

I agree that it's probably just a wet dog.

kailus13:

This is Gogle Earth not Google Maps. The pictures were taken from an airplane moving too quickly to actually see anything. Even if they did see something, there is not enough detail to give a description, and they couldn't just land the plane to chase after them.

I was referring to the blatent dead people in the spoiler i cut from the poster aboves post. It has extremely obvious deaths from the street view van. One is a very emaciated poor man in a shanty town lying down in the dirt in the middle of the road. I mean thats pretty blatent.

BiscuitTrouser:

kailus13:

I was referring to the blatent dead people in the spoiler i cut from the poster aboves post. It has extremely obvious deaths from the street view van. One is a very emaciated poor man in a shanty town lying down in the dirt in the middle of the road. I mean thats pretty blatent.

Given that Google had 6000 contractors for Google Maps, I'm guessing that they hired local people. I guess when you're used to such conditions then it's easier to ignore them.

You can actually see the dog at the end of the right wet path, he is laying down and its black, right in front of him there are two guys, one wearing black (and seems to be wearing a cap too) and the other wearing white. Its blurry but it is easy to see if you pay attention to the image. The guy closer to the dog looks like is holding a blue bag on the right hand

Fappy:
Holy shit! Has this been reported to the appropriate authorities yet?

It was a dog walking on the pier after taking a swim. The discolored patch is normal for wet wood.

Lionsfan:

How did you find this? Just random clicking and zooming?

Found them a few years ago after searching the net whether or not Google would publish pictures of crime/bodies found using their (then new) map system. The results proved that they do from time to time.

The two next to the car you can still find by inputting "Chicxulub Puerto, Yucatan, Mexico" and zooming in three streets to the left (of the "A" Marker) to the right of the house with the faded red roof on the shore. The starved(?) man you can no longer find because Google has since removed access to that particular part of the street. It's a tad further North on Paladianas, obscured by a bend when looking north while on the furthest available angle on Paladianas and another bend when looking south off of Santiago-Monterrey highway.

One that I did find on my own was a car accident with body bags and police cars in view. It was in San Fransisco if I'm remembering correctly. But yeah, you can find some interesting stuff using street view. Especially in the less hospitable parts of the world.

In favor of the "murder scene"-theory. It is in Almere, which is a horrible place in every sense of the word.

Against the murder scene-theory: there's a perfectly good IJsselmeer/Markermeer nearby to efficiently dump a body.

I've worked with murder scene photos before. Blood is much darker than that. The coloration is more consistent with water on dry wood. The guy's torso is not much shorter than the object on the ground, so it's too short for an adult human, but the right size for a wet dog.

I got over taken by a google street view van the other day.
It was like running into a celebrity. lol

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked