The Sexism-CommuniCast is here. With banana hammocks.

After Fiz and Fappy both worked their unholy magic and sacrificed virgins, goats and virgin goats to their processors, we are finally able to present you the first escapist sexism-cast.

Or SexyCast for short, a name our PR department recommended us to increase views.

So enjoy and tell us what you think about it.

Not enough swearing.

While it was good I was disappointed by the lack of arguing between participants. It seemed like everyone took that safe grey-zone opinion stance. And maybe it's because the participants were a bit uncomfortable or weren't given the questions in advance but i felt it went very slow. It would be better if the participants were prepared so they can give their answers quickly and don't get stuck with blank spots and "euhms" that often.

(PS: I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just giving some tips to make it better)

I liked it.

Some important opportunities were missed. Like 21:55, where it's said:

"I've been told actually by some people that ... if I make clear that I'm a woman, that's showing off, tough I'm not sure what I'm showing off."

Which is in context with communication online during or around a videogame.

Clearly that's some of the 4chan internet influence speaking there. 4chan has an immense influence on internet culture.
4chan /b/ is an imageboard with an enormous user base, completely anonymous and threads dissappear after about 10 minutes of inactivity. This means it's a rapid fire discussion that brings out the most honest but also the most brutal out of people. Mix that with the meme-quality of images and a thought can quickly spread to an incredible amount of people.

What happened in the past is that supposedly there was a time when there were a lot of girls trying to get attention for themselves with threads and this was at that time regarded as 'cancer' (cancer: everything there's too much of in your personal opinion). Whether this is true or not, is not important. This is the story being told repeatedly, so it becomes true in people's minds.

In reaction to that, since it's an anonymous board, a new meme developed. 'tits or gtfo'. In other words, take a picture of your breasts and you'll get the attention you're "whoring" for (theoretically), otherwise, everyone will shun and ignore you (theoretically).

There was a specific image of a distinguished guy with an elaborately written text that describes why this 'tits or gtfo' exists and how it's not meant against all women, simply those that share that they are on an anonymous board for no more reason than extra attention.

So the guy who claimed you shared being a girl/woman meant some morphed version of what's above.

The truth is, girls and women do receive more followers on social media and I think they do receive more attention as a baseline, although this is not as big a difference as being interesting, doing good work or being well connected will bring you.

To get back on topic: Especially when it comes to voice chat, this becomes a decidedly unfair way to perceive things. Because it's kinda hard to hide gender with that.

generals3:
While it was good I was disappointed by the lack of arguing between participants. It seemed like everyone took that safe grey-zone opinion stance. And maybe it's because the participants were a bit uncomfortable or weren't given the questions in advance but i felt it went very slow. It would be better if the participants were prepared so they can give their answers quickly and don't get stuck with blank spots and "euhms" that often.

(PS: I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just giving some tips to make it better)

I agree with this a lot. Mostly the "getting questions in advance" part.

I really did try to say opposing opinions, even if I didn't believe them myself. I'm just not that great at arguing. xD

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked