New Delhi - A Man Raped and Tortured a 5 Year Old...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

If you want to see proof, click Here to see the article.

.. ... I ... .I literally have no words to describe what i've just read.

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Indian police arrested a man on allegations of rape and torture of a five-year-old girl in New Delhi, a spokesman said on Saturday, after the incident triggered protests and revived memories of a brutal December assault on a woman that shook the country.

The man, 22, was arrested from eastern Bihar state, and is being brought to the capital, Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said. The accused was a neighbor of the girl and did odd jobs, he said.
The assault on the girl, which left her in a critical condition, revived memories of the gang rape by five adult men and a teenaged boy of a 23-year-old physiotherapy student on a bus on December 16 in New Delhi.

That woman died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital where she was brought as anger poured in the streets of Delhi and elsewhere over the lack of safety for women.
Television images on Saturday showed people again gathered in front of the Delhi police headquarters and the specialty hospital where the latest victim was battling for life, chanting slogans and demanding better law enforcement in a city of 16 million people.
More protests were planned for Saturday, and security has been beefed up, television reports said.

The girl, whose parents work as laborers and live in a slum in the outskirts of Delhi, went missing from home on April 15, according to Manish Sisodia, an official of the Aam Aadmi Party which organized Friday's protest.
She was found with bruise marks on her body in the suspect's house in a semi-conscious condition on Thursday by police after her parents had registered a complaint, media reports said.

The suspect allegedly held the girl hostage for three days during which he raped and tortured her.

B.N. Bansal, a doctor from the Swami Dayanand Hospital, said that the young victim had undergone an operation after she was brought in. "The next 48 hours will be crucial for her."
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's office said in a statement that he was deeply disturbed by the latest incident. In December his administration had faced criticism for failing to respond to public anger over the horrific attack on the physiotherapy student.

The unprecedented protests by thousands of people across India eventually forced Singh's government to pass tougher laws to fight gender crimes in March.

But activists on Friday said the laws were not enough to deter sex offenders in India's largely patriarchal societies.

"If you thought just bringing in a new law will stop crimes, your are wrong. They will reduce, but won't stop. You need community policing to stop these crimes," activist Kiran Bedi told an Indian TV channel.

(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy, Satarupa Bhattacharjya and Sankalp Phartiyal; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)

For me, only thing I can sum up is- we really need solutions to stop this from happening.

I mean... we need to come up with tactics to prevent these kind of sick actions. As for the rapist and other males involved, I don't demand that they die in a fire but rather serve their time in jail forever. Not even a mental hospital in my opinion, can save the guys. Hopefully they shall seek redemption though it'll be impossible to receive. I'm just... utterly disgusted and in dismay by this.

I don't get it. How do you not realise that you're doing something fucking horrible at some point in the process?

Will someone please think of the children?

Horrible, certainly, but not more horrible than all other murders and rapes that occur each day.

Goddamn monkeysphere, stops me from actually caring.

That's not to say my sympathies aren't with the girl, but I won't be losing any sleep over it, and I will have forgotten by the morning.

I'm surprised people still get upset by this kind of thing if they're not within close vicinity to the incident. Which is a good thing :D

Spinozaad:
Horrible, certainly, but not more horrible than all other murders and rapes that occur each day.

Second that.

Also, IIRC, the last big Indian rape story to hit the world news happening while the Steubenville rape trial was ongoing, and the media response was...interesting. On one hand we have India being a nation of backwards savages, on the other we have poor rapists having their lives destroyed because the got convicted of their crimes.

Oh, come on, vicious things happen every moment! If we make a thread every time something bad happens like this then our board's going to become very depressing, very quickly. I mean, come on, there was even an earthquake in China today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/20/earthquake-china-yaan-sichuan

102 dead, more than 2200 injured, why no mention of this, hm? Now let's stop these rape threads, 'kay? Let's stop them right now unless they're exceptional.

My sympathies to the kid and her family.

I must ask, what is the point of this thread, Frappe? We've all heard this story now a hundred times, many of us are shocked by it and we're all going to put down comments about how terrible it is, how someone could do such a thing or how they have been desensitised by it and no longer care. It happens every time, so I just wonder why these threads continue to be made. If something unique happens in them, then sure. But this is pretty barebones shock story.

BathorysGraveland2:
I must ask, what is the point of this thread, Frappe? We've all heard this story now a hundred times, many of us are shocked by it and we're all going to put down comments about how terrible it is, how someone could do such a thing or how they have been desensitised by it and no longer care. It happens every time, so I just wonder why these threads continue to be made. If something unique happens in them, then sure. But this is pretty barebones shock story.

Just thought i'd share it honestly.. because I don't naturally walk into these articles and find them hard to believe.

I'm certain that fellow members like yourself are used to this kind of tragedy, but if things are never reported (or shared) then perhaps we'll miss out on upcoming events that can shape our ways of life. Surely this won't affect you personally, but an event like this can shape India's viewpoints and a huge movement can occur in which others will ask, "Wait, when and why did this happen?"

Events like these can be a stepping stone to historical events. Or, they can simply be movements in which are buried because they're so tainted, that no one wishes to remember it. I believe this is like the news... people know that most likely someone has died, got robbed, was raped- ect. but they tune in anyways. Because they want to be informed on the events that unfold around them. Also imagine if Anonymous have never reported the rape case about Steubenville. It's just another rape case to many, but the matter is the internet is one, massive source that gets word around quickly and that's how the case was looked into. Perhaps sharing may cause the internet to get involved with India and justice can be served. I can be wrong, and believe this won't really impact anything but I wish for these cases to stop so this is why I post the story. Hope that answers your question my friend.

Daystar Clarion:

That's not to say my sympathies aren't with the girl, but I won't be losing any sleep over it, and I will have forgotten by the morning.

I'm surprised people still get upset by this kind of thing if they're not within close vicinity to the incident. Which is a good thing :D

Imagine if we were seriously upset by every bad thing that happened in the world, we would be emotional wrecks.

Yeah. Stuff like this happens. The world is a fucked up place and this is par for the course.

Watch your kids as close as you can, lock up the sickos that we can catch, and dust yourself.

Now I'm gonna go watch Looney Tunes or something. Because this is kind of unpleasant to read first thing in the morning.

Caramel Frappe:
Just thought i'd share it honestly.. because I don't naturally walk into these articles and find them hard to believe.

I'm certain that fellow members like yourself are used to this kind of tragedy, but if things are never reported (or shared) then perhaps we'll miss out on upcoming events that can shape our ways of life. Surely this won't affect you personally, but an event like this can shape India's viewpoints and a huge movement can occur in which others will ask, "Wait, when and why did this happen?"

Events like these can be a stepping stone to historical events. Or, they can simply be movements in which are buried because they're so tainted, that no one wishes to remember it. I believe this is like the news... people know that most likely someone has died, got robbed, was raped- ect. but they tune in anyways. Because they want to be informed on the events that unfold around them. Also imagine if Anonymous have never reported the rape case about Steubenville. It's just another rape case to many, but the matter is the internet is one, massive source that gets word around quickly and that's how the case was looked into. Perhaps sharing may cause the internet to get involved with India and justice can be served. I can be wrong, and believe this won't really impact anything but I wish for these cases to stop so this is why I post the story. Hope that answers your question my friend.

Yeah...second that.

This stuff happens all the time, and everyone knows that, but then there's a lot of heads in the sand, people who don't want to acknowledge the problem. There's always large amounts of people that need to be hit over the head with the obvious before they grasp that something wrong is going on.

Why does India have such a problem with sexual violence? Genuine question. I see this shit happening all the time; stuff like girls getting raped on public buses and no-one doing anything about it. I know it's not the most civilized place in the world, but what really happened?

I mean, I'm not even shocked by this story, but I want to know why I seem to hear these cases cropping up so prominently in India.

Relish in Chaos:
Why does India have such a problem with sexual violence? Genuine question. I see this shit happening all the time; stuff like girls getting raped on public buses and no-one doing anything about it. I know it's not the most civilized place in the world, but what really happened?

I mean, I'm not even shocked by this story, but I want to know why I seem to hear these cases cropping up so prominently in India.

Selection bias. How many Indian cases have you heard of recently? Nowhere near the amount that exist.

For that matter, the number that you have (likely) heard of in a nation with 1 billion odd people like India would be less than the number that happens in somewhere much smaller, say New Zealand,

People like making a big fuss about how backwards place like India is because of highly publicised rape cases, while ignoring less publicised rape cases in other places in which the thought of rape makes them less comfortable.

EDIT: That is to say, India has a terrible rape problem, it's just that people like forgetting that there's terrible rape problems everywhere else. Assuming India to be worse (which may be a legitimate concern of course) is often used as a defence for people's own nations, which it really isn't.

thaluikhain:

Relish in Chaos:

Selection bias. How many Indian cases have you heard of recently? Nowhere near the amount that exist.

For that matter, the number that you have (likely) heard of in a nation with 1 billion odd people like India would be less than the number that happens in somewhere much smaller, say New Zealand,

People like making a big fuss about how backwards place like India is because of highly publicised rape cases, while ignoring less publicised rape cases in other places in which the thought of rape makes them less comfortable.

EDIT: That is to say, India has a terrible rape problem, it's just that people like forgetting that there's terrible rape problems everywhere else. Assuming India to be worse (which may be a legitimate concern of course) is often used as a defence for people's own nations, which it really isn't.

I don't forget that rape happens elsewhere, I just find it Laughable that they pretend to be so outraged when women are abused like this and yet do NOTHING to adress the basic inequality and oppression of women in their society.

Relish in Chaos:

I'm going to guess it's a combination of social factors and views towards women. But fuck if I know, I don't know shit about India.

I'm not a nationalist, but... India, you're really fucked up.

Sure, it's horrific, but to be perfectly honest, I'm a bit jaded at this point. Unless you have an instance of someone who was raped since they were 3, blinded and forced to cut off part of their own arm every day, I'm not even going to be remotely surprised.

As for India being particularly rape-prone, no level of gender inequality causes someone to be sexually interested in a 5-year-old. This guy has problems of his own.

Relish in Chaos:

There's some degree of selection bias, as someone said earlier, but there's also just an insane amount of sexism in Indian culture. Women are basically treated as chattel in many ways, which ultimately leads to some people with issues coming to conclusions that shit like this is alright.

For an example of what I mean, I work with a tech company in the SF Bay Area that offers technical training in a handful of fields. The vast majority of the people who wind up in the classes are native Indians (presumably because most of the company's staff are native Indians). At the time, I was teaching the class, and a new, female student wanted to speak to me and ask some questions about the program. Get a feel for how it worked and what she'd learn, you know?

Except when the time came, her husband, who didn't know anything about the technology or industry in question, was the one to come in and ask the questions. He just walked right in, blundered through the questions he obviously didn't understand, and left to go tell his wife, almost certainly losing something in translation.

And no one in the office so much as batted an eye at it. It was weird as all hell.

When you have over a billion people you're bound to get at least one sicko.

The same has happened in almost any country with a population over 25 million, I'm certain.

Whenever there's a story like this, people always call for a way to end the violence. I am truly not trying to be insensitive or insulting, I am genuinely curious, but what exactly do you think would work? Just like you can't legislate away stupidity, laws will not stop insane, evil people from doing insane, evil things.

Daystar Clarion:

Is that a reference to TBiFoS?

I've never understood how or why someone can rape someone so young. It's SO fucking weird and strange and odd and unusual and just everything. Like when Ian Watkins was accused of plotting with someone to rape a 1yo baby. Where does the pleasure come from that?! How do you not realise how fucking weird that is?! Just... the size of them. Does anyone get the same feeling of utter bafflement?

Reciprocal punishment. Put him in a cell with ten of the meanest, ugliest mofos you can dig up, tell them what he did, then lock the door.

AlexWinter:
I've never understood how or why someone can rape someone so young. It's SO fucking weird and strange and odd and unusual and just everything. Like when Ian Watkins was accused of plotting with someone to rape a 1yo baby. Where does the pleasure come from that?! How do you not realise how fucking weird that is?! Just... the size of them. Does anyone get the same feeling of utter bafflement?

You could say the same about many fetishes. Anything from feet to bodily waste. Many who do not have such attractions do not understand them, or can truly know why some people enjoy them or get off on them. The same goes for paedophilia. People like you and I can't understand being attracted to infants because we aren't paedophiles. However, in their minds, they certainly understand it.

So with that said, I'm sure 90% of people would get that feeling of utter bafflement.

BathorysGraveland2:
-snip-

Oh yeah, good point.

I hope my prejudice against paedophile-rapists doesn't make me a bad person O.O

Sadly this is particularly common in parts of africa. It seems that with aids being as widespread as it is there, they have a wives tale circulating that having sex with a virgin cures it. As bad as that is, what that leads them to do is far worse. Considering how often young women are raped, usually by warlords soldiers as they pass through newly conquered regions, they have no guarantee that even having sex/raping a young woman will "cure" them. The only way they can be sure that they are having sex with a virgin is to have sex with a child or infant.

These people aren't doing it because they want to but because they feel they have to if they don't want to die of aids. It's an evil act done out of desperation rather than malice or desire. Sadly as if the victim hasn't suffered enough, should they survive the encounter, they will likely now have aids themselves. And to make it even worse, if the man who raped the child/infant finds he is still afflicted he think that he didn't get to that child before someone else did and that is why he is still afflicted. And he may try again on a different child.

AlexWinter:
Oh yeah, good point.

I wouldn't say bad person, no. Their actions are illegal, and deplorable. However, I certainly don't think you should look on all of them as scum of the earth. For every paedophile that rapes a child, there would be others who are still hanging on trying to suppress their urges.

If you wish, how about a little experiment? Try to go without having sex for a year, or so. See how long you can last without giving in and relieving yourself. Now try to add on a lifetime to that year, and you may realise how insanely difficult it would be for peadophiles to relent. Sexual urges and desires are a fucking hard thing to keep under control, and to ignore. Hell, I masturbate several times a day because of it. I've tried to cut down, and failed. Putting that frame of mind into paedophilia, and I can at least somewhat understand the struggles they must go through in order to keep themselves under control, especially if little children are in easy reach.

If more people were open to them, and tried to actively help them, then just maybe this kind of thing would happen less. It'll never be completely suppressed, but to cut down on it by helping paedophiles before they lose that control is certainly a better outcome.

Spinozaad:

Oh that's OK then, we shouldn't be outraged by this particular incident at all then.

Relish in Chaos:

I'm starting to think women who live under sharia law have got it fucking good.

flarty:

Spinozaad:

Oh that's OK then, we shouldn't be outraged by this particular incident at all then.

Nice going, champ. Because that's exactly the point I'm making.

flarty:
I'm starting to think women who live under sharia law have got it fucking good.

I see what you did there, hahaha. At least I hope that was deliberate.

Spinozaad:

flarty:

Spinozaad:

Nice going, champ. Because that's exactly the point I'm making.

Thats exactly what your doing, when you trivialize like that. Even if you don't mean it like that.

Wow, a lot of douchebaggery in this thread.

My heart goes out for this girl. These things shouldn't happen. I hope justice is served and the assholes who did it don't get away with it.

Spinozaad:

Did you really just say that?

It was a 5 year old kid man

OT: My sympathies for the family and especially with the kid, Its terrible that one sick fucker felt okay with doing this

A sidenote: would it be kinder to euthanise her?

BathorysGraveland2:

AlexWinter:
Oh yeah, good point.

I wouldn't say bad person, no. Their actions are illegal, and deplorable. However, I certainly don't think you should look on all of them as scum of the earth. For every paedophile that rapes a child, there would be others who are still hanging on trying to suppress their urges.

If you wish, how about a little experiment? Try to go without having sex for a year, or so. See how long you can last without giving in and relieving yourself. Now try to add on a lifetime to that year, and you may realise how insanely difficult it would be for peadophiles to relent. Sexual urges and desires are a fucking hard thing to keep under control, and to ignore. Hell, I masturbate several times a day because of it. I've tried to cut down, and failed. Putting that frame of mind into paedophilia, and I can at least somewhat understand the struggles they must go through in order to keep themselves under control, especially if little children are in easy reach.

If more people were open to them, and tried to actively help them, then just maybe this kind of thing would happen less. It'll never be completely suppressed, but to cut down on it by helping paedophiles before they lose that control is certainly a better outcome.

The guy tortured the girl in addition to raping her. I don't believe his urges were the issue here.

Odgical:
Oh, come on, vicious things happen every moment! If we make a thread every time something bad happens like this then our board's going to become very depressing, very quickly. I mean, come on, there was even an earthquake in China today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/20/earthquake-china-yaan-sichuan

102 dead, more than 2200 injured, why no mention of this, hm? Now let's stop these rape threads, 'kay? Let's stop them right now unless they're exceptional.

My sympathies to the kid and her family.

You might have misunderstood some of the sentiment here, at least from the Indian side. Their outrage isn't about this occurring, but about this occurring daily. This is just the case that through sheer barbarity let emotions reach boiling point.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked