New Delhi - A Man Raped and Tortured a 5 Year Old...

Pages PREV 1 2

It's pretty much like that in most third world countries, as a guy who grew up in the Philippines, where there's also a lot of cases like that. My ex was a victim of gangrape and forced drug addiction and at one point, even a cop raped her on her way to the police station to get her bible.

Honestly, this is pretty much a reason why it infuriates me when I see white kids(yes, white people) who complain about the littlest of things and proceed to hate on their parents and ultimately white people who post complaints on twitter about things they go through through their daily lives that are miniscule compared to what people in third world countries have to go through and proceed to add that their life is shit.

I'm a hobo here in the US, but I'm not lying when I say that my condition here and how I live is actually better than how 60% of the people in my country are living, hell it's come to a point where i'd really want to punch the shit out of any American who denies the fact that the US is the best country in the world to live in, because it definitely is.

lucky_sharm:
The guy tortured the girl in addition to raping her. I don't believe his urges were the issue here.

Huh? So he just woke up one day and thought "Hey, this sounds like a cool idea" and proceeded to do that? No, his urges very much is the issue here. It's kind of why paedophiles do what they do, you know?

Caramel Frappe:
I mean... we need to come up with tactics to prevent these kind of sick actions.

PREVENT these kind of sick actions? I mean no offense to you but that is extremely naive, nothing can be done to prevent this sort of thing other bringing stuff from Minority Report to reality. No punishment is going to deter people from doing such things...no, you have to first solve the issues and circumstances that provide the breeding grounds for crime. You can LESSEN crime, but never prevent it.

If people think this is sick they haven't even seen 0.01% of the kind of shit that happens in India on a DAILY basis. It's not specific to that nation, it happens wherever the poverty is rampant, living conditions are fucking terrible, government/authority is corrupt, etc. Mexico, Philippines, Bangladesh, etc are no different.

However India is a specially bad case because all forms of population control have failed, the government/authorities are corrupt through to the very core, the slums keep growing and becoming worse...the sheer volume of issues/problems with the nation in general are enough to fill several libraries.

At least India is now under the media spotlight, now the government has to worry about the rest of the world getting a very bad impression of India and perhaps that could be the thing that spurs change. Sadly I still highly doubt any change will happen, nothing short of a collateral civil war or fucking genocide will make India change.

There are a lot of good things coming out of India but a lot of bad things getting covered-up as well.

BathorysGraveland2:

lucky_sharm:
The guy tortured the girl in addition to raping her. I don't believe his urges were the issue here.

Huh? So he just woke up one day and thought "Hey, this sounds like a cool idea" and proceeded to do that? No, his urges very much is the issue here. It's kind of why paedophiles do what they do, you know?

Err, no. You're missing the part where he tortured her for three days straight, and she was left in critical condition after they found her. That's not normal at all. You're a full blown sociopath at that point, if you weren't one already.

Froggy Slayer:
I don't get it. How do you not realise that you're doing something fucking horrible at some point in the process?

Some people just don't care if they're doing something horrible.

Xdeser2:
Did you really just say that?

It was a 5 year old kid man

Perhaps I'm mistaken - and I really do hope I am - but it seems like this kind of stuff happens to more than one 5 year old every single day. What makes this particular case more of a tragedy than others? The fact that you stumbled over a news article about it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming people who say stuff like "Oh how terrible my thoughts go out" or whatever, but yeah. Spinozaad has a point.

Caramel Frappe:
I'm certain that fellow members like yourself are used to this kind of tragedy, but if things are never reported (or shared) then perhaps we'll miss out on upcoming events that can shape our ways of life. Surely this won't affect you personally, but an event like this can shape India's viewpoints and a huge movement can occur in which others will ask, "Wait, when and why did this happen?"

This guy has one too though.

I feel sad that this doesn't surprise me, it's a place where Women are still treated like dirt by the majority. Until they're not, and start to be more equal, this will always be a regular occurrence.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here