Thor: The Dark World- Teaser Trailer

this came up in my Youtube subscriptions list a few hours ago. I was surprised nobody's posted it here yet.
So anyway Natalie Portman is back for more and they've actually got a good reason why none of the other Avengers will be showing up (or maybe they do).

My thoughts?
AW HELL YEAH!

What do you think?

Looks promising, at last we get to see an actual WAR, not a couple of fights like in first Thor.
Also, didn't Thor say in Avengers that Odin died?

I don't care as long as Tom Hiddleston is in it (Loki) and he's all

It turns out Loki's been in Nirvana cover band since the events of the Avengers...

Seriously, though, it looks great.

This trailer has me extremely optimistic that Jane will be ditched by the end of the movie, which is good, because Natalie Portman was being a bitch about her contract apparently. Also, Sif looks BEAST! Damn I love her. I hope they make her as badass as she deserves to be!

To me it certainly look better compared to the first film as it look like this time most of it is spent elsewhere in the world tree and not in Earth/ Midgard. Yes I know what the first film was split inbetween Earth and Asgard but I was far more invested in Asgard.

So does this mean more Asgard (space setting) less Earth? Because I'm all for that. It was the only good part in the first movie.

And I too hope they ditch Portman.

Well, that looks a hell of a lot more epic then the first one. And I'm not using the word in that stupid, internet, "I found a five dollar bill, that's EPIC" sort of way. I mean, like, actually epic. And I'm all for that. Although I kinda don't like that Loki is already back. His return would have more of an impact if he had been absent for more then a single movie. And if he had been an actual effective villain. Don't get me wrong, Tom Hiddleston is great in the role, but they didn't give him anything to do.

Anyway, now all Marvel has to do is make me give a shit about Captain America and they'll be three-for-three in terms of follow-ups to movies I didn't really care about. (Iron 2/3 is the first set, incidentally)

Looks promising, at last we get to see an actual WAR, not a couple of fights like in first Thor.

No, Loki asks how much Dark Energy the Oden Father needed to send Thor to Earth and that was about as much reference to Oden as was in the whole movie.

I am detecting a common theme with the big movies this year, shit happening to London, Star Trek has shit happening to London and now Thor!

I'm calling that jane foster dies. But it still looks like fun. Too bad there won't be any more hulk. I like it when hulk smash thor

STOP!
Hammer Time!

I will watch this cos I love hammers

Well, this trailer certainly has me interested in the movie. I might actually see it in theaters. I watched Thor on DVD, I thought it was okay, not terrible, but certainly not great. But this sequel looks pretty darn good.

Thanks for that completely-legit-looking "speedyshare" link, duckroll, it sounds most fascinating.

^^Uh, what he said.

Seriously though, I'm pretty stoked for this movie. In the Marvel comic movie universe, I like Thor more than Iron Man, Hulk or Captain America. Though it's a shame Mark Ruffalo isn't getting a chance to flex his pecs in his own stand alone movie.

Oh great, the long-awaited sequel to the least compelling Marvel Cinematic Universe film besides Iron Man 2. Let's take a look... Well, I sure wish I knew what's going on or had a previous attachment to the story or characters so that I could be interested in all those CGI action scenes they spent so much money on. Wait, what do you mean "you promised you'd return," you were on Earth for the entire last movie you were in (somehow). And oh, the token love interest whose name nobody even remembers might die. I must find some way to curb the unrelenting suspense in the months before the movie is released, but how? Ugh. So basically, a continued reliance on cheap spectacle in lieu of anything of substance or the slightest authentic engagement? Yeah, I think I can safely write this movie off--

You must be truly desperate to come to me for help.

*Fanboy gasp.*

Tom Hiddleston:
When do we start?

Fine. I'll see it.

Goofguy:
^^Uh, what he said.

Seriously though, I'm pretty stoked for this movie. In the Marvel comic movie universe, I like Thor more than Iron Man, Hulk or Captain America. Though it's a shame Mark Ruffalo isn't getting a chance to flex his pecs in his own stand alone movie.

MovieBob collected some rumours about the Hulk getting his own movie back in late 2012/early 2013. It would follow the Planet Hulk arc, apparently, which follows Hulk as he gets lost in deep space and becomes the emperor of a warrior planet because he's the goddamn Hulk.

I haven't followed up on it, so I'm not sure if it's still happening or ever was, but yeah.

EDIT: So apparently Joss Whedon said that the Planet Hulk thing was nonsense, but El Mayimbe (who broke the rumour in the first place) stands by what he heard. Hrm.

OT:

This looks pretty cool, actually. The original had some really good parts to it, and if they can capitalize on what made Thor good, they should be set.

Also, obligatory mention of how Loki looks cool, even if he has been listening to too much Nine Inch Nails and Evanescence.

Laughing Man:

No, Loki asks how much Dark Energy the Oden Father needed to send Thor to Earth and that was about as much reference to Oden as was in the whole movie.

I am detecting a common theme with the big movies this year, shit happening to London, Star Trek has shit happening to London and now Thor!

You should've seen the new GI Joe. They literally blow up London in 5 seconds and then NEVER mention it again. Trippy as fuck.

Anyway, looks a lot better, glad to see an actual battle going on and shit. I thought the first one was rubbish so hopefully we get a good one.

The Malkeith the Darkelf should invade with with banana's. It is never an invasion without banana's.

Hmmm, this toolewab bot is weird. Why does it just copy part of what other people are saying? Anyway...

I loved Thor, so I don't doubt this movie will entertain me quite a bit as well. Not sure why everyone's down on Natalie Portman, though. I mean, I thought she was fine in the first movie, and it looks like she'll play a larger role here, so it should be interesting. I mean, guessing Jane is going to die is one thing, actually wishing it seems weird to me. But either way, as long as her death is awesome and compelling, I won't complain.

Scarim Coral:
To me it certainly look better compared to the first film as it look like this time most of it is spent elsewhere in the world tree and not in Earth/ Midgard. Yes I know what the first film was split inbetween Earth and Asgard but I was far more invested in Asgard.

You know that's just a tease, revealing that in the trailer might as well mean she's the ONLY one who survives this film. Can you imagine?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked