Could you be attracted to a bisexual?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I suppose the question is pretty self-explanatory but I guess I can expand a bit.

Would you get in a relationship with someone you knew to be bisexual? Or if you were in a relationship with someone and they told you they were bisexual how would you react?

So, could you be romantically attracted to someone who's bisexual? Do you find it to be an attractive trait, or an unattractive one, or maybe neutral?

I'm curious because I'm a bisexual guy and I was wondering what other people might think of that so I thought I would see what everybody here thought.

Yes. I don't see why it would matter if someone found out that thier partner is bisexual, as long as they aren't cheating or anything.

I might be biased because I'm bisexual too, but thats how I see it. If someone isn't willing to accept that someone is bisexual, they aren't the kind of person I would want to be aquainted with in any sense.

I can't imagine why it would be a problem to anyone except the homophobic. I can imagine why it would be an attractive trait, but for me it's pretty much meaningless since I don't do orgies and I can't picture a girlfriend and I bonding over how much we like to look at boobies.

Generic straight male reporting. (Also white, just for the privilege bonus.)

I would have no problem shacking up with a chick who was bisexual. Noooo problem at all.

Not sure why anyone would. Maybe if they had a head full of God and sin or something I guess.

No, I don't find bisexuals repulsive at all. However, I do not find the male ones attractive. Sorry, I'm sexist like that - I like girls only. As for the attractiveness of the "bisexual" trait as a whole - I am rather neutral about it.

Sure? I mean, I don't really see why it would matter at all. *shrugs*

As far as the trait, neutral. If they are, great, if they aren't, doesn't change anything.

I'm bi as well so it would be a positive trait for me.

Well, since I'm into girls, and two girls doing it is hot, I'd be down with that. Granted, I probably wouldn't be cool if she actually acted on it because that would be cheating, even if it's sexy cheating. A threesome, while awesome, seems unlikely to pass. Besides, even if she's bisexual she could still want monogamy (as would I), so it wouldn't really change anything except we could talk about how attractive girls on TV are without it being weird.

TheNewGuy:
I suppose the question is pretty self-explanatory but I guess I can expand a bit.

Would you get in a relationship with someone you knew to be bisexual? Or if you were in a relationship with someone and they told you they were bisexual how would you react?

So, could you be romantically attracted to someone who's bisexual? Do you find it to be an attractive trait, or an unattractive one, or maybe neutral?

I'm curious because I'm a bisexual guy and I was wondering what other people might think of that so I thought I would see what everybody here thought.

Hi, you must be new here. Everybody here is aggressively liberal towards that stuff.

OT:my girlfriend is bisexual and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact it's nice, being able to share our gawks...

I wouldn't care at all if the person I was dating was bisexual.

I have a friend who is gay and he told me that he wouldn't want to date a bisexual because, since their dating pool is larger, they would be more likely to cheat. Or something. Anyway, we had an argument about that and I think I convinced him of the absurdity of such a belief by the end.

Of course. I mean, it doesn't affect their physicality that makes me want to jump their bones.

But he's still got to be monogamous with me.

It would be worse if he tried to claim he wasn't bisexual though and cheated with a guy. Because I'd be all of the mindset that I didn't sign up to be involved with a guy who liked other guys.

So he'd best be up front with me. Not saying I'd auto forgive me if he did cheat but still.

I guess. I would have to meet a bisexual to know and I can't very well go asking around ARE YOU GAY, can I?

manic_depressive13:

I have a friend who is gay and he told me that he wouldn't want to date a bisexual because, since their dating pool is larger, they would be more likely to cheat. Or something. Anyway, we had an argument about that and I think I convinced him of the absurdity of such a belief by the end.

That is indeed one of the stupidest things I've heard. It's like saying you want to date people who are only into blonds (or whatever your hair colour is) - same reasoning applies, after all - larger pool and all.

I don't see how or why that would be a problem. My roommate's girlfriend is Bi, they seem to be doing fine...

Zhukov:
Generic straight male reporting. (Also white, just for the privilege bonus.)

"here is your honorary white card, it allows you access anywhere and you get free mints at the door"

*hands card and trust fund*

"may the odds forever be in your favor"

OT:

straight white male, also reporting for duty. I wouldn't give too much of a shit to be honest, hell it could be quite awesome, we could discuss/oogle over who's bones we'd like to frisk more (celebrities and all that).

as long as it was a monogamous relationship, i'm not into the whole competing/cheating thing, tis nasty.

I'm looking for other bisexuals in particular. Being an androgynous transgirl my chances are better there. Also the odds seems to be in favor of them being more flexibile in bed. With the girls considering getting strap-on and the guys not being too shy about there butts. More fun all around. ^^

Regarding them getting attracted to others. Am I interested in this third person? Sweet, threesome! Otherwise, I don't mind sharing as long as my partner acts responsibly. ;)

I dated a bisexual girl once. 'Nuff said.
Okay, so she said that she was pansexual, but trust me, she wasn't. She just liked the label. She doesn't even call herself pansexual anymore.

I would only have a problem if they didn't let me join in.

I would say yes.

So long as they are attracted to me and are interested in pursuing a relationship, why should it matter if they are attracted to the same sex?

Hmm... not sure I've dated anyone that wasn't...

...wait, give me a minute here...

...maybe... no...

...wow...

...either I've had some very strange 'luck', or I bring that side out in people.

No im asexual so I dont get attracted to anyone male or female I dont have a problem with them but I wouldnt be attracted to them

To put it bluntly, I don't see why my partner being bisexual matters. I mean, I could see there being big relationship issues if she was homosexual or whatever else that ultimately boils down to "I'm not attracted to you", but bisexuality isn't like that.

I'm not the type to get pissy about who my partner fucked in the past. I just don't give a shit. As long as they're not cheating on me with someone and are still attracted to me, I don't see why their sexual orientation really matters.

Easily. Doesn't matter to me, if I get along with them and we make each other happy then that's all that matters ^_^

TheNewGuy:

I've dated two bisexual girls before. On the one hand, it's very unnerving to see a girl objectify another girl. On the other hand, I found the stories of her 'adventures' very titillating.

There's also that part of you that's praying she invite one of her girlfriends to a three-way with you.

I don't mind a bit of girl-on-girl...if they were both bisexual I might join them (fingers crossed!)

Straight female and I'd have no problems with it. After all, it's not his sexuality I'm attracted to, but HIM. As some others have mentioned, it'd be fun to gawk at men with him too x3

What do you mean COULD I be? Uhhh...last I checked, she found guys and gals hot, so...yeah.

Sure, why wouldn't I be? Besides, the idea of a threesome (or more?) with two (or several) women is something that appeals rather immensely to me, so I'd be all for it.

I'm lesbian, and I wouldn't care.

DoPo:

manic_depressive13:

That is indeed one of the stupidest things I've heard. It's like saying you want to date people who are only into blonds (or whatever your hair colour is) - same reasoning applies, after all - larger pool and all.

Except that the society generally doesn't look down on people who are into blonds or tell them they will 'grow out of it'.

I know gays who dislike bisexuals because they don't see why they'd want to choose to be in a homosexual relationship if they are also attracted to the opposite sex. Obviously those people have issues with internalized homophobia and confidence, to believe that their bisexual partner would not be serious about the relationship and just run away at the first sign of a prospect of a heterosexual relationship.

But, still, societal pressures and whatnot.

I'm quite tired of being told to 'grow up and get a boyfriend', or 'why would you choose to be gay?'

I think males are more likely to respond positively on this because of the "two girls are hot" mentality. I don't believe girls think that way (i.e. "two guys would be hot") they are more of a monogamous bunch.

The only way I could imagine it making someone uncomfortable is if it makes you feel as if you alone cant fully satisfy your partner. Once again, that's not a problem for guys. Guys think thier girlfriend being with another girl is hot. A girl probably wouldn't think her boyfriend with another guy was hot, she would probably be angry at him for cheating on her.

Hate to break it to ya OP, but you don't choose who you're attracted to.

manic_depressive13:

It's representative of an attitude that isn't uncommon within some parts of the gay community. A mix of accepting mainstream stereotypes that bisexuals tend to be promiscuous/unfaithful/duplicitous plus a belief that many/all bisexuals are either a) straights appropriating gay culture or just experimenting sexually, or b) gays halfway out the closet. ("Gay, straight, or lying.") Pluuus a degree of resentment that some bisexuals receive some benefits of straight privilege and/or can more easily pass as straight generalized to this attitude toward all (the former is true in some cases, but there are plenty of "queerer" bi folks, esp PoC, who receive little to no privilege, while plenty of "normative" gay folks receive a lot.)

Dan Savage is prolly the epitome of this, going from "Well I said I was bi before I came out as gay, therefore all 'bi' people are actually gay" to "Gay people, don't date bi people, they'll inevitably leave you for an opposite-sex partner when they want to settle down so that they can pass as straight for the rest of their lives."

OT: I'm bi, so if anything, it'd be a perk.

Edit:

cthulhuspawn82:
I think males are more likely to respond positively on this because of the "two girls are hot" mentality. I don't believe girls think that way (i.e. "two guys would be hot") they are more of a monogamous bunch.

The only way I could imagine it making someone uncomfortable is if it makes you feel as if you alone cant fully satisfy your partner. Once again, that's not a problem for guys. Guys think thier girlfriend being with another girl is hot. A girl probably wouldn't think her boyfriend with another guy was hot, she would probably be angry at him for cheating on her.

You'd be surprised.

I imagine that even if I wasn't bi/pan, I wouldn't care. Who would, really? I really don't see how it would be an issue at all.

The first person who confirmed themselves to be into their own gender turned out to be my first GF. Before she admitted to being into women, i didn't even know that gay people actually existed. We had been together for a few months and i was walking her home after school. She was telling me about how her best friend had told her something that was mean and wrong. Her best friend was a girl i had known a couple years before i met my gf. I don't remember what she told me her best friend said, but my response was "screw her". My GF replied "I already did, She wasn't that great".

At first i didn't quite catch what she said, I thought i misheard her. So a few seconds passed and i was confused by what i might have heard. So i stopped and asked her what she said. She repeated it "I already did, She wasn't that great" and i froze. Time just stopped for me while my brain went into overdrive deciphering what she said and all its implications, one at a time. First, gay people actually exist. It wasn't just a casual insult anymore. 2nd, my own GF is gay. 3rd, Her best friend who i had known for a couple years, is also gay. My entire understanding of reality just shattered.

Suddenly i had to question everything. Why is she with me if she likes women? Is she still sleeping with her best friend when i'm not around? What about her other friends? Is that cheating since its other women vs. a man? How many other people do i know that are gay? Do i have a right to ask about any of this? Do i have a right to be upset by any of the answers to these questions? I just didn't know how to react.

Since then i've had more experience with bi women than straight ones. Course that could be because genuine straight women are incredibly rare, at least where i live. I had to come to the conclusion that i can't hold them finding women attractive against them. It would be hypocritical. As long as they remain loyal and monogamous to me, its not a problem.

Unfortunately some women try to use it as an excuse to fool around. Every time they bring up how they are attracted to both men and women and should be allowed to have one of each because they are bi, I bring up how i'm attracted to both brunettes and redheads and should go get one of each... just before i dump her.

it doesnt worry me in the slightest. as far as im concerned it makes more sense for it to be the baseline orientation

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked