Could you be attracted to a bisexual?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

It wouldn't be any kind of issue for me. I dated a bisexual girl for a while, things didn't work out but her sexuality wasn't a factor in that.

I couldn't care less. I really don't see how it would matter. Though, to be fair, I'm not so attracted to men that I'd call myself "bisexual" (if only because I don't want to announce that I'm "in" to both genders when there's not much chance I'd actually date a guy), but I've definitely felt some inklings of romantic attraction towards men before, so I guess I can empathize a bit?

I think the reason why people are a little leary of bi's not being monogamous is that its harder to catch them cheating with their same gender. If it was your bi gf and she was staying at some other guy's place for an evening, most guys would see that as a giant red flag that something might be going on. On the other hand, if your bi gf was staying the night at one of her female friends houses. You might consider it in the back of your head for a moment that she might be cheating on you, but its alot harder to prove or call her out for it.

I'm sure a lot of Bi women are aware of this and take advantage of that. It's enough to drive most men paranoid so we try not to think about it. Most people are opportunists. Bisexual's are no exception. Some are faithful, most are not. Been the guy in that scenario more times than i can remember. It's actually a relief to be with a straight girl for a change. Every other relationship i've ever had was with a bi girl.

If I was attracted to someone, it would not be deterred whether they were bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, asexual or pansexual. Granted, any of these different things would change how I interact with them. For example, knowing a girl is homosexual would put out of my head the idea of trying to start a relationship. They wouldn't want it and that's okay.

Naw I just couldn't trust men or women around them.

Ha! Yeah, I have no problem with discovering that one thing I have in common with a girl is an attraction to girls.

Actually, Id say I have the opposite problem: I feel mildly bad about bisexuality being a slight turn on. I know that that's a horribly piggish part of my brain speaking but hey, there it is.

Yeah, I've done it and it really wasn't much of an issue either way.

short answer, im a straight guy and im dating a bisexual girl. it doesn't bother me in the least.

TheNewGuy:
I suppose the question is pretty self-explanatory but I guess I can expand a bit.

Would you get in a relationship with someone you knew to be bisexual? Or if you were in a relationship with someone and they told you they were bisexual how would you react?

So, could you be romantically attracted to someone who's bisexual? Do you find it to be an attractive trait, or an unattractive one, or maybe neutral?

I'm curious because I'm a bisexual guy and I was wondering what other people might think of that so I thought I would see what everybody here thought.

I think it would be kinda cool. Walking down the street, both of us spotting a cute girl, looking at eachother and being all like DAYYYUUMMMMM.

Cheesepower5:
If I was attracted to someone, it would not be deterred whether they were bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, asexual or pansexual. Granted, any of these different things would change how I interact with them. For example, knowing a girl is homosexual would put out of my head the idea of trying to start a relationship. They wouldn't want it and that's okay.

..... but could it be possible for a homosexual girl going straight for you?

I'm just saying, I've heard it happening. The other way works too (going straight to gay).

If I had the hotts for someone, I wouldn't let their sexuality stop me.

Kinda like the charming gay guys that hit on me all the time.

I like to think that it would be no object--there's still the compatibility between the two of us on the sexual attraction level--but thinking about it, it might actually be weirder for me than I think. I can't justify it any further than some vague, incredibly stupid gut associations I have with bisexual people. I think I could get over it, though, given that I'd actually know the person.

The majority of women I've dated/hooked up with wave been/are bisexual, but the only factor on the sexuality checklist is "Attracted to men, female" (I'm heterosexual). Other than that, it doesn't matter to me.

My schools population is basically 27% female bi so I know quite a few I could start a relationship with.
But my 'preferences' tend to go towards girls who are mostly bi, but I dont care.

I don't see how it would matter.

When I was between 17 and 27, most of the girls I dated were bi-sexual. I even ad-libbed a Morrissey style joke song called "All my exes are bi-sexual" at band practice one night.

After the first one, the fact that they were bi-sexual didn't have an impact on my attraction. Being young, my first thoughts about dating a bi-sexual girl were:Hey, my chances of being in a male-female-female threesome just went up exponentially.

There were a couple of times that I felt like I was being trapped. She would talk about girls she found attractive, or movie stars, or whatever. It was strange to be watching a movie and thinking "In a perfect world, I would so do _actress name here_" only to have my date tell me just about the same thing. Having dated a girl who would actually bait me into complimenting her only to use what I said as an excuse for an argument (cognitive dissonance at work. She thought she was crap, so if I said she wasn't, I must have been lying...and then the fight started), I wasn't sure if she was just sharing because she felt comfortable enough with me, or if she was waiting for me to say the same thing and launch into a chorus of "so, I'm not enough for you?"

I also used to wear my hair long, being in a band thing and all that - but even before. I noticed that most of the bi-girls I dated told me that my hair was one of the first things they noticed/were attracted to. My longest term bi-sexual girlfriend was completely against me having any type of facial hair. As strange as it might sound, it was almost like her interest in me waned the more "traditionally masculine" I appeared.

Well, seeing as how I'm bisexual too, of course I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Well I like that I'm not the first one to comment that Scarlett Johansson looked banging in The Avengers. So having a bisexual girlfriend is fine with me haha.

Heh... I think most men wouldn't mind, if it meant that it increased their chances of having a FFM type threesome.

Here are my experiences as a bisexual(Or pansexual, whatever, I have relationships with people, not their gender).

I've been in a relationship with a true bisexual girl and a purely sexual, bisexual girl who only dated men, but slept with either.

Both were nice to be with, in the sense that they knew how I felt about relationships. I experienced that both were much more open than the straight girls I've been with and generally more down to earth, relaxed, confident and had larger worldviews. Obviously this isn't a given for bisexuals, nor is it a given that straight people can't be that way.

I've med bisexual girls who can't stand the idea of being with a bisexual man, since they think it's gross. I've also met gay men who can't stand bisexual men and think that it's gross that they've been with women.
Being bigoted or intolerant is not exclusive to straight people :)

For me it comes down to type and not sexuality and there is definitely some aspects to consider if you're with a person who has a specific sexuality that might clash with your opinions or type of relationships, especially some of the younger bisexuals who aren't really aware of what they want yet and haven't even had sex or a relationship with the same gender as them.

Honestly I am not fussed if a girl is bisexual. As long as they are monogamous I couldn't care. I believe in what Bender said at the end of " A Beast With A Billion Backs" "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!". I'd be suspicious of a partner that didn't sometimes express distaste of certain actions or slight jealousy sometimes.

Yeah I don't see why not. I mean it's not really a problem for me, since it be a bisexual woman that I'd be into in that case, their own preferences aren't usually a problem with me. if they're lesbian i have to remind myself of that to avoid getting hurt later.

Mimsofthedawg:

Cheesepower5:

..... but could it be possible for a homosexual girl going straight for you?

I'm just saying, I've heard it happening. The other way works too (going straight to gay).

If I had the hotts for someone, I wouldn't let their sexuality stop me.

Kinda like the charming gay guys that hit on me all the time.

I suppose I'd be wrong to conclude it impossible, but I'd be more likely to joke that I'd "turn a straight girl lesbian..."

I really don't see the problem with dating someone whos bi, if they are faithful to ya does it really matter in any way?

Heck actually...Dating a bisexual would increase the chances she would be interested in a threesome or kinkier, so yeh, really struggling to find negatives here.

I've been with my (now) wife for 11 years now, so...yeah, not a problem. We discussed it early on to make sure our expectations were on the same page about if it was going ot be monogomous and what the ground rules were if it wasn't.

My girlfriend is bisexual and I have absolutely no problems with it.

I'm a straight male, and when a girl tells me she's, it's a bit of a turn off. But I've also had two girlfriends leave me for woman. So I'm just trying to trend carefully. In the end it's not really a deal breaker.

Would I be attracted to her? Yes. Would I want to go out with or marry her? No.

If I was already in a commited relationship and then she said she swung both ways, I don't know how I would react. I'd probably accept it and keep going, though I'd be upset that she didn't tell me from the outset (at which point I would've probably never started the relationship). Bisexuality doesn't have any corellation to infidelity, I know, but there are double the number of potential partners, half of whom I cannot compete with.

Mate, I can be attracted to lesbians. The only difference between them and bisexuals is that I have some kind of tangible chance with one of them.

seydaman:

Beautiful Tragedy:
absolutely..being bi (or pan) myself, if you are in a committed monogamous relationship, it should matter who your partner USED to sleep with.

You're pan?! No way!
PIC

....I couldn't resist.

Uh huh..suuuuure :P

If I was attracted to them, then yes, I could bear the (apparently) oh so awful fate of being in a relationship with a bisexual. Though, I don't think bisexuals like me very much. Every bi guy I've dated has left me for someone else. -_-

As a bisexual person, I should hope so. That said, someone's orientation doesn't matter as long as they are at least attracted to you in the same way you're attracted to them. If someone's husband was attracted to cheerleaders and she wasn't, herself, a cheerleader, should she breakup with him or get a divorce for liking something else in addition to her? Same thing, in my opinion.

Isn't everyone a little bit gay though?

I think it would be easier for me to be attracted to a bi/pans. Of course the idea that 'what if they prefer the other sex more than my sex!' thing would probably come up. I don't know if many straight people would go for me though. The only people I have been with have been bi, and one was gay.

Never been with a straight person...I never really thought about that before. What if I am not attracted to straight people??? Oh GOD!

To the op a lot of people seem to think a man can't be bisexual, you are automatically gay. Double standards and ting but I think if they're mature they'll be interested regardless. Me personally, I don't care. Heck you could only like women and somehow find my slight femininity to be attractive to you(actually has happened) as long as you like me then that's fine. My current girlfriend is somewhat bisexual and it works well for us

My ex is actually bisexual, didn't bother me one bit. I'm straight but I never had much of a male influence in my life and I grew up around gay people so I don't really see what the big deal is with people being gay or straight or whatever else.

Hell, I'm straight, my ex is bi, her new girlfriend is a lesbian and I'm the one that got them to start dating not even 2 weeks after she left me, if it makes her happy she deserves it and I wish her and her girlfriend the best. Though my attitude towards this has her girlfriend thinking I'm either gay or secretly a woman, and somehow I'm a lesbians wingman too (I couldn't make this up if I tried, seriously wtf?).

Captcha: no regrets

Damn right captcha.

As a heterosexual male I would have no problem with that at all. That would be kind of awesome, actually, having a significant other who not only has her own understanding of her body, but shares, to an extent, your understanding of female attractiveness.

In fact, I don't think I'd even be uncomfortable if my hypothetical bi girlfriend made some sort of female attractiveness joke (like "i'd hit it" or something, doesn't matter). I'd give her a high five.

Aramis Night:
Every time they bring up how they are attracted to both men and women and should be allowed to have one of each because they are bi, I bring up how i'm attracted to both brunettes and redheads and should go get one of each... just before i dump her.

I'll make sure to remember this line should I ever have the specific misfortune of dating a vain bisexual person.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked