Do you have any prejudices?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Probably, can't think of what it is at the moment, but I'm sure it's there.

Hipsters. Can't stand them. They represent everything that is wrong with the youth of today. Also anyone who says YOLO.

vento 231:
I know you do.
I personally don't like any person that fits into a stereo type perfectly. Such as an overly loud black person, extremely smart asians etc.
I also cannot stand people who exclusively eat organic foods for non-medical purposes, and over protective parents, as well as parents who don't watch their kids. Also I honestly don't like gay people. Now I have met people in each of these categories that I like, I just tend to not like the majority of them. I am going to explain myself, mainly focusing on gays, because I realize that on this forum the majority of you are pro-gay. I have met many people who are gay that I like quite a bit. I simply don't like the fact that they are gay. I am not religious, and cannot think of anyway to justify or describe my prejudice other than they make me uncomfortable.
Now I'm asking you, do you have any prejudices, and if so, what are they?
Thank you for your time.

Ants, I'm prejudiced against ants.

I don't think any straight man is comfortable with the thought of another chap penetrating the exit area. But being pro gay isn't about saying yeah that's a good idea. More "as long as it between consenting adults, let them get on with it." i haven't got a problem with gay people, my problem lies in more overly camp people, its not hatred its more annoyance.

Carnies smell like cabbage!

Horrid little people. All of em. Except for ned. And nancy. and the bearded lady. And the bearded goat lady. Ok I guess carnies aren't all bad. We just shouldn't give em the vote.

Not in a real serious way that I outright hate them, but awkward teen me still thinks pretty lesbians are unfair. He's ok with lesbians he doesn't find attractive, but Awkward Teen Me is still all butthurt about how hard it was to get a girlfriend back then. And to see attractive women just keep it in the family (so to speak) makes him feel sad.

On a more real level... Drivers and Pedestrians. This is actual hate. Every time I go out on the road, I feel like making a thread damning you people. All of you.

In Drivers I hate:
-Those assholes who cut right in front of you on an exit ramp. Triple that if you were in traffic all that time and you waited patiently like a human being.

-Those people who cut in front of you because you're not going above the speed limit enough in the middle lane when the other lanes are free. How they have to dip into another free lane just to jump in front of you and go faster to prove... what exactly? If you had two other lanes to go as fast as you want, and obviously you're not going for an exit because we're in the middle lane... Did your dick get bigger by doing that? I don't understand those people.

-People who honk to tell you to wait as they speed right by when you're pulling out of a parking space instead of slowing the hell down. Be less of an ass. Just freaking wait. You can do it, as all of us were born with the ability to.

Pedestrians I hate:

-I will not drive in Manhattan or at least near any clubs or bars during the summer or a weekend night. I've seen the drunk trio of girls* nearly run into the middle of the road from the sidewalk so many times... I'm not even afraid any more that I almost killed someone. I'm just getting more and more angry until I'll start actively hunting those girls down.

-I find it annoying when people see the do not walk sign flash and then turn solid, the light turns green, and they can't wait. They have to run barely into the road even though the lights green and then they start to walk. Like nothing is the matter. They'll pass one car running and walk the rest of the way to the other side, checking their iphone or whatever.

I'm not even an angry person, but even thinking about driving and seeing these people again is getting my aggression up.

*sidebar: Ladies... why is it always 3-5 you go out with? Is it apart of your female guidebook?

Shadowstar38:

These two seem to contradict themselves on a base level.

OT: Members of the Bloods. Because seriously, fuck those guys. Except Jim Jones. He's okay.

Never said that I wasn't a hypocrite:-P

What about Crips? You okay with them?

FFP2:

Shadowstar38:

These two seem to contradict themselves on a base level.

OT: Members of the Bloods. Because seriously, fuck those guys. Except Jim Jones. He's okay.

Never said that I wasn't a hypocrite:-P

What about Crips? You okay with them?

Oh yeah. They're fine. Generally cool people.

I try to be as anti-racist, prejudice and stereotypical as possible but I think like everybody else you do have at least a few even if they're minor in severity. I for example can't help but stereotype chavs because for the most part that stereotype works and actually makes sense if you don't want to get mugged or have abuse thrown at you, sure some might be pleasant but they're few and far between.

The other pet peeve is Jewish people driving, now don't get me wrong I have nothing against Jewish people except they can't drive, I even went to Auschwitz as part of the LFA project and am aware of how poorly they've been treated, I'm not calling for their heads or anything extreme like that, but in my experience they can't drive well, maybe it's only the Jews where I live but they just can't drive and I don't understand it, is it just come cultural thing that they don't put much emphasis on it when learning? Or some other reason. But please I'm trying my best to ignore it but it keeps cropping up and I can't help but let it both annoy and stump me. I mean seriously is there some Jewish group out there that deliberately sends all of their bad drivers to live where I do while the rest are on the same levels as F1 drivers? All the while they're having a good laugh at us and our misconceptions at our expense?

EeveeElectro:

That is not a feminist. A feminist doesn't look for sexist things, they want equality for women and in my case, I want equality between the sexes. (longer paternity leave for men, more rights when it comes to children for men, etc.) I probably lean more towards equalist, but I do define myself as a feminist.
Please don't lump us all together, there are those kind of men hating feminists that strive to make men feel bad but they just give us a bad name. If something is blatantly sexist, we will fight against it but only the nutjobs will comb through absolutely everything to say something is sexist when it isn't.
It isn't about dragging men down and making them feel bad, it's about us fighting(?) to be equal.

I really should start explaining things better...

I meant straw feminists like Sarkeesian and that Patricia asswipe from Kotaku. Those people tend to make me dismiss all feminists. I know all feminists aren't like that though:)

I'm all for equality. But not when it only suits one gender and only for certain things. Full equality all the way.

I didn't even know men had paternity leave...

Shadowstar38:

Oh yeah. They're fine. Generally cool people.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

Ants. I hate Ants...
You heard me right I'm an Ant-hater, like my daddy and his daddy before him.

OT: Centipedes and Cats...both are pure evil.

i'm prejudiced against against people who have lots of prejudices for either unexplainable reasons like "because they make me feel weird" or "because they're really different from me" or any other dumb bigoted reason you can think of.

also pedofiles. i really hate them to the 9th degree to the point where i wouldn't hesitate to harm one very severely if i could get away with it (which i would never be able to so it's mainly just a fantasy).

this goes the same for loli/shottacons. i feel the exact same way about them as i do normal pedofiles.

Oh, one thing I really forgot.

All you people coming to New York City.

I'm fine with tourists, they leave. I mean you people from the Midwest or the south or whatever, with your wide eyed ideals about what New York should be... driving up the price of rent because your family is rich and they'll help you pay for it. Dressing in really stupid ways that native New Yorkers hate you for making us witness. Actually forcing us to hear the phrase "I love the City that Never sleeps" not ironically in real life. Spawning businesses that caters to your idea of the real 'New York' Experience.

I was Born in the Bronx. I remember it when only the fittest survived in New York City. It wasn't glamorous, but it was home. I remember when you had to be a bad motherfucker to even look other people in the eye walking down 125th in Harlem. Now... Now there are pet grooming stores on the block. Because of you transplants wussing up the joint.

Not really so much prejudice as it is cautionary social standpoint

Assume all people are arse-heads until proven otherwise.

Super religious persons, Christians, Islamic, Jewish. The ones always pushing it and denouncing science and medical treatment. Also people who thank god for saving ect, after surgery. Thank the Doctors and Nurses, god didn't do shit. Or than blame them if they didn't make it. But not your god, no, cause he only saves people. Thats my big gripe.

Stuck up bitches and douchbags. Self explanatory.

Republicans, not your average farmer Joe guy. But the ones they put in power. But this is me on American's, I'm Canadian, but some of the stuff they do affects me so, yeh.

Lastly, Vic Towes. The Canadian Public Safety Minister. If theres a politician I hate more than anyone it's this dude. Internet privacy bill allowing cops to get all your info without a warrant or hell even if you've done nothing wrong. "Your either with the pedophiles or your with us". He said those words. Implied anyone who cared about their privacy is either a, or supporting, pedophiles. How in the fuck can you say that. This dude just pisses me off bad due to that. He's done some other dumb shit too.

Edit: And this is just the start.

Of course I do.

Some are subtle, some are not. Some have a rational basis, some have an irrational basis. I try to be as aware of them as possible and not let them influence my job. I am a teacher, so occasionally, that is pretty tricky. The younger sibling of a previous year's annoying student... a student who happens to look like someone else I have known... anything that would bias me either towards or against them, I try to identify and be aware of throughout the year.

Copper Zen:
Arachnophobes! Vile and thoughtless swine who don't appreciate some of Mother Nature's finest creations!!!

Just look at these wonderful darlings!!!

Seriously, what's wrong with Arachnophobes? Spiders are just TOO CUTE!!![1]

here you go my arachnophillic friend

im not particularly prejusiced against anyone.... well except for people who put their backpacks or purses on the seat next to them on a bus or train. i mean if its not packed as hell fine theres plenty of seats but in calgary where buses can get stupidly packed fucking put that shit on the ground.

[1] This reverse psychologically based joke paid for by Spiders R Scary Evil Lobbying Group Inc.

Happiness Assassin:
Hipsters. Can't stand them. They represent everything that is wrong with the youth of today. Also anyone who says YOLO.

sorry if this is a double post as i just made one... but this too goddamn it.

Connor Lonske:
i'm prejudiced against against people who have lots of prejudices for either unexplainable reasons like "because they make me feel weird" or "because they're really different from me" or any other dumb bigoted reason you can think of.

I have something sort of like that.
I'm prejudiced against people who stereotype. Whenever I point out that someone is stereotyping someone else, they always come back with
"It's not a stereotype if it's true."
Yeah, but it's not true just because you say it is.
Seriously, it irks me to no end.

KeyMaster45:

tippy2k2:
.....this thread is going to end well, isn't it?

Why shouldn't it? This is a topic that could only attract the most reasonable and articulate members of the community.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a one man war to wage on the Dutch with my arsenal of whoopee cushions, laxative brownies, assorted rotten eggs, and a crate of 53 rabid honey badgers.

We, the proud people of the Netherlandic lowlands will NEVER bow down to your will! Not even if you had 54 honey badgers! We shall fight until the reserves of cheese has ran out and the last prostitute falls! Lang leve de koningin!

I have a prejudice against obese people who complain about being obese, especially when they drive around in those karts. Seriously, if you can't figure out that eating 30 burgers is a bad idea, then don't expect me to feel sorry for you.
My own mom was obese, you know what she did? bought a balance board to use on my wii and worked out, losing over 30 kilo in just 16 months!

It's not that expensive or hard. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and do some mini games. Problem: solved.

ObsidianJones:
Oh, one thing I really forgot.

All you people coming to New York City.

I'm fine with tourists, they leave. I mean you people from the Midwest or the south or whatever, with your wide eyed ideals about what New York should be... driving up the price of rent because your family is rich and they'll help you pay for it. Dressing in really stupid ways that native New Yorkers hate you for making us witness. Actually forcing us to hear the phrase "I love the City that Never sleeps" not ironically in real life. Spawning businesses that caters to your idea of the real 'New York' Experience.

I was Born in the Bronx. I remember it when only the fittest survived in New York City. It wasn't glamorous, but it was home. I remember when you had to be a bad motherfucker to even look other people in the eye walking down 125th in Harlem. Now... Now there are pet grooming stores on the block. Because of you transplants wussing up the joint.

also what this guy said. i was gonna say something like this but i couldn't word it as well as this guy.

my folks (and possibly me if i still live with them) will have to move out or go on the street due to the now high prices for apartments.

all the whites that lived here flocked (white flight as anyone but me calls it), and in terms of just white people it's me vs millions of hipsters.

my parents have lived in the city all their lives, and now me my bro and them are likely not gonna live here much longer

ftr i live in the bronx, not like it'd be hard to figure that out anyways

People who live off unemployment because the government "owes them money". These people are despicable, and yes, I have meet people like that. They still gamble, waste their money on bad habits and bitch about how they should he getting more when they are doing nothing but throwing their lives down the toilet. So stop being pompous and do something that can make your life better already. Your just wasting everyone else's money.

People who think they're entitled to my money through welfare/food stamps, not those who sincerely need it, those who think my money is their entitlement.

People who think that their religion is right to the point that our laws should reflect that: gays can't marry and abortion should be entirely banned, it says so here in the bible!!!

Athletes. The whole damn world seems to believe that they have a separate set of rules. I get beat up in school since i blew the curve and flunked the football captain, (long story) Principal says "Boys will by boys!!" I laugh at the guy wearing high heels (under my breath) I get sent to an hour long "tolerance class" Double Standard much?

People who think "equality" means they get to be in charge. Example: feminazis (i dont have a problem with equalist feminists, just women supremacists) black/any other race power (equality means we stand on level ground, not you get a pedestal because of what my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather may or may not have done)

Just a few. I've been known to eat my words before, but the reason we learn to prejudge and stereotype is either from teaching or experience. I learned from experience.

TopazFusion:

Which leads me nicely to my on-topic, ... haters.
I can't stand haters, who often put more effort into hating a particular thing, than the actual fans put into liking the fucking thing.

I am prejudiced against anyone who used the word "haters" unironically. All it is is an easy way to dismiss criticism. Why don't they like you? "Oh they are just a hater." No there are a lot of reason why people may go out of there way to attack a belief, activity or even sexual preference.

People much more diverse than the word "haters" makes them out to be. it's insulting not just to me but the whole of the human race.

Kennetic:
Ive grown to dislike that certain group of black people that think the world revolves around them. I'm of course talking about sagging pants, loud as hell, stupid gold teeth, refuse to speak halfway decent English. The kind who buy an auction police car and immediately slap huge rims on it and think it's some kind of status symbol. No, you're just a moron. Sorry, I just needed to rant. Most black people aren't like this but the ones who are stand out.

Why not just say "I'm prejudiced against rappers"?

Anyone past 18 who thinks its still a good idea to try to act "cool" or that its a good idea to push an attitude on people, forcing them to walk on glass just to talk to you at work. No one cares about your self image, and I will not be going out of my way to impress you just because you think your such a hotshot and expect me to cater to your awful personality. Grow up please.

I dislike vegetarians or vegans who do it because of some claim that humans were never meant to eat meat, that our bodies are not meant to have it, say that eating meat is unhealthy or generally tell me off when I'm trying to enjoy my steak. Those not eating meat for religious or ethical reasons, be my guest. That's a good reason. However, in that case I don't like it when people say that and then pick and choose what "counts" as meat (e.g Chicken and fish are fine since they bla bla bla).

People who phrase everything they say as if they were so "obviously" smarter or sound like they are accusing me of something. These people don't seem to value my input, and that's fine, but they don't have to be arseholes about it.

Captcha:
left or right

I don't like either of them.

I strongly dislike the English. Every Englishman I have ever gotten to talking to is an infuriatingly nationalistic, impossibly smug and incredibly arrogant dickhead. Now I'm sure there's plenty of Englishman who aren't, and I acknowledge that, but I have met so few that whenever somebody mentions that they are English, I automatically assume they are an annoying little shit. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also furries.

Prejudices? I have plenty, but I'll admit two that really piss me off:

- Those who live in countries with super-tight gun control laws arguing with Americans about gun control whenever a gun was used in any event with a bodycount (most commonly those from the UK)

- Misandrists: They call themselves feminists, but feminism has long ago achieved its goals. Now they're gunning for special treatment at the expense of the male.

This applies (sorry no youtube link, doesn't appear to exist)

http://naurunappula.com/849737/tim-minchin-cont or lyrics if you're boring and want to skim it http://www.lyricsmania.com/cont_lyrics_tim_minchin.html (you'll be able to tell who's listened to the whole song by who likes it)

The last line of the song? That's basically my feelings, and I get annoyed by people saying we're (as in humans) are inevitably prejudiced. You can only be raised prejudiced, it's got nothing to do with instict, and as such you can get rid of it.

i dont like people who arent funny, or cant have a laugh about things.

oh and people who think that because they are offended by a comedian the comedian should be punished is some way. The nerve.

keniakittykat:
I have a prejudice against obese people who complain about being obese, especially when they drive around in those karts. Seriously, if you can't figure out that eating 30 burgers is a bad idea, then don't expect me to feel sorry for you.
My own mom was obese, you know what she did? bought a balance board to use on my wii and worked out, losing over 30 kilo in just 16 months!

It's not that expensive or hard. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and do some mini games. Problem: solved.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GENETICS!!!!"...this gets to me like nothing else.......

Probably. I can't be bothered to think of what they are, but I probably have at least a few.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked