Do you have any prejudices?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Casual Shinji:
I'm prejudice against things I don't agree with.

Teenagers for instance. I don't agree with them being younger than me.

As for me? Fucking ducks man, always laughing at me, comin' all up in my internets giving me (sometimes shitty) advice, wearing their dogmask bills. Eating all the old people's bread.
They're all bastards.

FoOd77:
I strongly dislike the English. Every Englishman I have ever gotten to talking to is an infuriatingly nationalistic, impossibly smug and incredibly arrogant dickhead. Now I'm sure there's plenty of Englishman who aren't, and I acknowledge that, but I have met so few that whenever somebody mentions that they are English, I automatically assume they are an annoying little shit. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

As an Englishman, that sounds pretty accurate.

OT: Myself, I have quite an intolerance for rough or coarse accents, they just grate on my nerves and make it hard for me to take anyone with one seriously. It's an unfortunate side effect of Britain's class system which refuses to die.

Recently, feminists. If you're a feminist, it's not worth talking to you about anything remotely topical. You're not likely to have a level-headed view of it, IMO.

FFP2:

EeveeElectro:

That is not a feminist. A feminist doesn't look for sexist things, they want equality for women and in my case, I want equality between the sexes. (longer paternity leave for men, more rights when it comes to children for men, etc.) I probably lean more towards equalist, but I do define myself as a feminist.
Please don't lump us all together, there are those kind of men hating feminists that strive to make men feel bad but they just give us a bad name. If something is blatantly sexist, we will fight against it but only the nutjobs will comb through absolutely everything to say something is sexist when it isn't.
It isn't about dragging men down and making them feel bad, it's about us fighting(?) to be equal.

I really should start explaining things better...

I meant straw feminists like Sarkeesian and that Patricia asswipe from Kotaku. Those people tend to make me dismiss all feminists. I know all feminists aren't like that though:)

I'm all for equality. But not when it only suits one gender and only for certain things. Full equality all the way.

I didn't even know men had paternity leave...

*strangles Escapist for not telling me I had a quote* Seriously, what's up with the messaging recently...

There's nutters in everything. It's like saying [football fans] started a fight, so now all fans of this team are raving lunatics. It's never good to paint everyone with the same brush.
I know a few ker-azy women while I know you mean and I just ignore them. I refuse to even acknowledge them as feminists because stamping all over men and making them feel guilty is the wrong way to do it.

In the UK at least, men get 2 weeks of paternity I believe. In some jobs it may differ but I'm certain it's 2 weeks. It's just not on, the father also has the late nights and looking after the baby to deal with!

I have a prejudice against people whom have little empathy or sympathy for abstract situations outside of their experiences. Or the self centered.

ObsidianJones:
Oh, one thing I really forgot.

All you people coming to New York City.

I'm fine with tourists, they leave. I mean you people from the Midwest or the south or whatever, with your wide eyed ideals about what New York should be... driving up the price of rent because your family is rich and they'll help you pay for it. Dressing in really stupid ways that native New Yorkers hate you for making us witness. Actually forcing us to hear the phrase "I love the City that Never sleeps" not ironically in real life. Spawning businesses that caters to your idea of the real 'New York' Experience.

I was Born in the Bronx. I remember it when only the fittest survived in New York City. It wasn't glamorous, but it was home. I remember when you had to be a bad motherfucker to even look other people in the eye walking down 125th in Harlem. Now... Now there are pet grooming stores on the block. Because of you transplants wussing up the joint.

You there, you're awesome. I have the same problem where I live, back in my youth you had to be strong to survive. Nowadays though? Everyone is some fucking skinny jeans wearing pansy who wouldn't be able to handle themselves in a fight against preteens.
Fuck those guys.

I've got a bit of a prejudice in that I expect less from people under 26 years of age and certain negative and positive factors of both men and women individually. I easily toss aside most of this prejudice once I start to communicate with a person.

Oh and people who state condescending & hypocritical things like "they're just doing it for the attention" or anything that oversimplifies a condition to a point of bigotry, like "it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!".
That's not really prejudice though, that's just spending less than 5 seconds in order to solve a debate in a manner that supports your own unfounded biases against people. And it's not limited to religious people, I've seen plenty of atheists do it too.

Also people who blame others for their own problems. By this I mean stuff like "she decided to dress like that!" etc.

And teenagers (wow I have a lot of prejudices). Any teenager can leave my prejudice zone once they start being an individual and don't wear the same exact clothing that every other teenager wears and acting exactly like every other teenager out there.

After spending a year at an urban school with massive diversity* I found suburban schools to be intimidatingly full of white people that all look the same. Big jocky white boys in school mascot sweaters and thin unnaturally girly white girls with those furry boots and short short jeans. It's covered in a thick aura of insecurity.
Seriously covers about 95% of them, and the 5% that don't follow the formula precisely are ostracised excessively by the egotistical nature the kids learnt to carry from schoolmates, teachers, and families. Then people wonder why killing sprees keep occurring in these schools.

*The school is unique from virtually every other school in the city, which probably suffer similar issues to the suburban one I used to go to.

FFP2:

Shadowstar38:

Oh yeah. They're fine. Generally cool people.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

Search your heart young one. You know the answer is there.

I tend not to be, I can usually see the humanity in everyone and everything. But there is at least one case where I definitely judge people I don't know. I probably disassociate the aforementioned 'humanity' when all I can see is a car, but I hate terrible drivers and I hate people who drive giant cars.

I got one huge one. If you try to tell me the story about how you got in trouble when you really were innocent, I usually don't believe you. (I was allowed to have my theirPod out for four different times even though it was against the rules, and that douchebag teacher took it away after politely telling me four different times that I should put it away! And then, when I started arguing and kept my theirPod out, the teacher disciplined me even further!)

Vegosiux:

I have prejudice against people who choose faith in lieu of reason. Sure, I respect their decision, I will not go and insult them or anything, but at some subconscious level, I am still thinking "Those poor fools".

I'll second this. I won't consider dating anyone even moderately religious, and I never respect someone in the same way when I find out they're a person of faith.

EDIT: And, after perusing this thread, people who whine about feminism.

I'm prejudiced against religious bigots and FOX news anchors. Having just listened to a close relative describe to another on how homosexuality is akin to mollesting a farm animal, it only reinforces my views on religion and why I do not subscribe to it. I simply cannot sit in the same room with my family because 90% of the time they're watching religious programming. The bile rises....there's not enough mouthwash in the whole of the planet to wash that bad taste from my mouth.

launchpadmcqwak:

keniakittykat:
I have a prejudice against obese people who complain about being obese, especially when they drive around in those karts. Seriously, if you can't figure out that eating 30 burgers is a bad idea, then don't expect me to feel sorry for you.
My own mom was obese, you know what she did? bought a balance board to use on my wii and worked out, losing over 30 kilo in just 16 months!

It's not that expensive or hard. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and do some mini games. Problem: solved.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GENETICS!!!!"...this gets to me like nothing else.......

Well, it is a prejudice, I can't help the way I feel about these people, I just do. I know genetics can be a part of it, but it's fairly rare, and most of these people use it as an escape route so they don't have to take responsibilities for their own actions.

EeveeElectro:

In the UK at least, men get 2 weeks of paternity I believe. In some jobs it may differ but I'm certain it's 2 weeks. It's just not on, the father also has the late nights and looking after the baby to deal with!

Damn, that's some bullshit. How long is it for women in the UK?

I'm prejudice against c***s.
basically people that actively seek to harm others for the sole purpose of entertainment or to make them feel bigger/better about themselves.

FoOd77:
I strongly dislike the English. Every Englishman I have ever gotten to talking to is an infuriatingly nationalistic, impossibly smug and incredibly arrogant dickhead. Now I'm sure there's plenty of Englishman who aren't, and I acknowledge that, but I have met so few that whenever somebody mentions that they are English, I automatically assume they are an annoying little shit. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also furries.

that's too bad you have encounterd people like that. We aren't all like that here, though like every place you go there is always some people that make you want to bang your head on a wall.
come to think of it the fact they are English may not be the issue, more that they are just dickheads.
also you may need to tailor your prejudice as technically it means you dislike yahtzee! :O (assuming you don't already :P)

vento 231:
I know you do.
I personally don't like any person that fits into a stereo type perfectly. Such as an overly loud black person, extremely smart asians etc.
I also cannot stand people who exclusively eat organic foods for non-medical purposes, and over protective parents, as well as parents who don't watch their kids. Also I honestly don't like gay people. Now I have met people in each of these categories that I like, I just tend to not like the majority of them. I am going to explain myself, mainly focusing on gays, because I realize that on this forum the majority of you are pro-gay. I have met many people who are gay that I like quite a bit. I simply don't like the fact that they are gay. I am not religious, and cannot think of anyway to justify or describe my prejudice other than they make me uncomfortable.
Now I'm asking you, do you have any prejudices, and if so, what are they?
Thank you for your time.

Is it the fact that gay people are attracted to the same sex that bothers you or the ones that act like the stereotypical, rainbow-ey, flamboyant, "pretty", talking with a lisp, high-pitched voice, obnoxious-acting people?

FoOd77:

Also furries.

Nationalistic, are you kidding me?

Near enough everyone here wants to go live somewhere else because of how much of a sorry state the country is in right now.

Recession, Huge cuts to public services and spending, High unemployment, Terrible Economy, Expensive prices on goods, Immigration problems, you name it we have it in some form or another.

Also smugness is what we do best, that's just us for you...

Happiness Assassin:
Hipsters. Can't stand them. They represent everything that is wrong with the youth of today. Also anyone who says YOLO.

Fancy telling me what a 'hipster' is exactly?

From what I understand it's someone who dresses, has interests in or acts in a certain way that's 'ingenuine'. How can you judge what is and what isn't genuine by appearance? I'm sure there's someone in the world that would be quick to dismiss me as a 'dirty fucking hipster' because I like vinyl records and record stores, also possibly because I have facial hair. None of this is done to be 'ironic'.

I don't understand why it's 1 - important, and 2 - anything new among the youth.

FFP2:

EeveeElectro:

Damn, that's some bullshit. How long is it for women in the UK?

I may be wrong here but I'm sure it can be up to 12 months, 9 of them paid. Again I think it depends on your work but I know my work has 9 months paid maternity.

I honestly think men should get at least 6 weeks.

Jazoni89:

FoOd77:

Also furries.

Near enough everyone here wants to go live somewhere else because of how much of a sorry state the country is in right now.

Recession, Huge cuts to public services and spending, High unemployment, Terrible Economy, Expensive prices on goods, Immigration problems, you name it we have it in some form or another.

That applies for most countries though, and I acknowledge that fact. In the US, just about everybody will have something to whine about, immigration, the government doing this wrong, the government doing that wrong, unemployment, all that nice stuff. But only to other Americans, the moment somebody from another country gets involved, it's all "GOD BLESS AMERICA" flag waving sort of shit.

I'm certain its the exact same way in England, only substitute "GOD BLESS AMERICA" with "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" or "RULE BRITANNIA"

It's annoying as shit either way, and combined with arrogance and the smugness, has damaged my opinion of a certain nationality, and that shouldn't be. But alas...

I pretty much hate clowns, all clowns as far as I'm concerned they are all evil pedophiles.

I don't like anyone who is over the top religious. I don't care what anyone believes in how many times a day they pray to said being, but don't tell me about it. Don't try to shove your beliefs down my throat because I will probably burn your holy book in front of you just for annoying me. It's just one thing that really pisses me off, especially when I'm told that I'm going to hell for not having the same beliefs or not believing everything their holy book says.

I really can't stand they things off them stupid reality shows like jersey shore or the only way is Essex... Seriously what the hell are they. Seriously stupid marshmallow for brains umps lumpas. And I hate the people in normal day to day life that try to be them and imitate them. Your skin is not ment to look like its been covered in cheesy watsits for a week.

I hate people on power trips. I hate people who claim to be so much more intelligent then you just because they have been in a job for a number of years longer than you yet they can't for a sentence properly with correct English.

yah being a human is awesome, we hate alot of things, sometimes for selfish reasons sometimes for uneducated reasons but i know what im fully prejudice is with countries who treat woman worse than meat and sadly there are alot. of course i would never want to burn there houses down or hurt them, though i would secretly smile if one did, i am fully against their customs and ideals towards woman.

also religion of every sort. im sorry but i personally loath this non existent invisible "Man" in the sky. my mom died of cancer when i was young, around 9 years old and someone had the insensitive balls to tell me why she had to die. . .

you're mom died because God needed her, she's happy now and severing God in Heaven.

so as a LOGICAL CHILD i told him " God needs her? ..I NEED HER, MY SISTER MY DAD NEEDS HER ISNT GOD ALL POWERFUL? WHY DOES HE NEED MY MOM MORE THAN HER CHILDREN DO?! holy shit was i mad. what the hell kinda reason is that? if God did exist and had the nerve to come see me i would kick his fucking ass. anyways, i grew up and realized religion is for the weak, if you are strong you dont need an invisible friend to love you unconditionally. you have physical friends and family even pets who do that already. how selfish do you need to be to want more love than that?

yah i have issues but hey, i believe in equality of everything and i dont have an invisible friend. I am well loved and very happy with my life.

EeveeElectro:

I may be wrong here but I'm sure it can be up to 12 months, 9 of them paid. Again I think it depends on your work but I know my work has 9 months paid maternity.

I honestly think men should get at least 6 weeks.

I would say like 2-3 months... And even then I would want more, wouldn't want to miss out anything in my baby's day:)

I don't think I have any big prejudices, but I know I'm a little bit prejudiced when it comes to certain sections of the British working class. Which I shouldn't be, because a lot of them are really nice. It's just difficult to not be prejudiced when you've been mugged and stolen from by the same type of people on different occasions.

Baron_BJ:
snip

I think with most people what they actually mean is 'I don't like being labelled' or 'I don't like labelling others'. I've been called an emo for so many years that it's actually gotten boring. Even on the days where my appearance screams metalhead I still get called an emo. So yeah, being inaccurately labelled isn't a nice feeling. It's not a particularly nice term either, it sounds clinical, off-hand and dismissive as opposed to saying you're describing someone.

FoOd77:

Jazoni89:

FoOd77:

Also furries.

That applies for most countries though, and I acknowledge that fact. In the US, just about everybody will have something to whine about, immigration, the government doing this wrong, the government doing that wrong, unemployment, all that nice stuff. But only to other Americans, the moment somebody from another country gets involved, it's all "GOD BLESS AMERICA" flag waving sort of shit.

I'm certain its the exact same way in England, only substitute "GOD BLESS AMERICA" with "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" or "RULE BRITANNIA"

It's annoying as shit either way, and combined with arrogance and the smugness, has damaged my opinion of a certain nationality, and that shouldn't be. But alas...

Oh no, we're vocal to everyone about exactly how and why this country's gone to the dogs. Complaining is our national sport and we're damn proud of our ability to complain about everything and anything. The only time we get any real sense of national pride is at big sporting events.

I'm not a big fan of Turks, Gypsies or Italians, though I only dislike Turks because, as a Greek, I feel I should. I never enjoyed visiting or passing through Italy. My dislike is to the point that I only made it a couple hours through Assassins Creed 2. I think it's just growing up in Europe. There's a bunch of different cultures smashed together in close proximity and familiarity does breed contempt.

There's a bit in Jade Empire where you ask five judges about their bias' and each judge replies: 'I'm not biased but these two...'

Even the prejudices we're admitting to here aren't really right. If you know it's a prejudice that means some part of you knows it's incorrect. The real prejudices you wouldn't even consider for a second as a bias. It's how the world is

I'm prejudiced against people who try to justify their prejudices.

I dislike short men, and twins. (There are exceptions to my short dislike, my best friend is short, but the fact that he overcame his inherent moral failings that come with his shortness make him a better person than one who was simply born good.)
I also jokingly dislike the Irish, because it was cool to hate them 100 years ago, and now people named Hannity and O'Reily are on the news complaining about the Mexicans.

I guess I'm somewhat prejudiced against gamers who have been playing longer than I have. Specifically, the kind of gamers that go around talking about how their generation was the greatest and how people who started gaming later "missed out". Oh! I'm sorry, I never owned a SNES as a kid, so that makes me a lesser gamer than you are!

I also seem to have a prejudice towards people who like specific games. i.e. System Shock 2 and Final Fantasy VI. Now, I'm not saying they're bad games, as I've never played them. I'm saying that from my experience, gamers who have played those games will go around talking about how later games made by the same guys, i.e. the Bioshock series and the PS1 FF games respectively, are inferior and "dumbed down". Which I guess goes back to my first prejudice.

I know it's stupid, as the people I'm talking about most likely make up a lot of this site, and I know most of them aren't like that. It's just the vocal minority that stands out most to me.

Souplex:
I dislike short men, and twins.

D:

):

What's wrong with twins?

I'm personally prejudiced towards Theists (especially Christians and Muslims), stereotypically black people (because they give me, who is black, a bad name and I'm generally insecure about my ethinicity in the first place), and children (because most of them are annoying and I can't even stand half the people my age anyway), the right-wing (because of their reputation of sexism, homophobia and refusal to understand liberal society), hyper-masculine males, hyper-feminine females, and conformists (which includes housewives, because I always think that they're only housewives because society says so).

Am I bigoted enough for ya?!

I get a little wary when someone openly identifies as an atheist. If they turn out to be okay, no problem. But if they've proved themselves to be an anti-theist, I start to see red and, with a couple of exceptions, want nothing to do with them, especially if they spout nonsense like "I hate religion/religious people because I hate bigotry!" Come on, that's just full on hypocrisy.

I have a few hangups about some things. I don't think I would ever want to go to Africa (except the very north and south) or South America. The crime rate is just too high.

Oh, I finally figured out how to word a response:
I am biased towards: Self-righteous, preachy idiots who try to push their distored world-view down your throat, gleefully ignoring any valid criticism, blisfully ignorant to your attempts to change the topic / escape their general vicinity.
That about sums it up.

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm prejudiced against people who watch MLP. I can't think of them as anything but trolls when they explain to me the wonders of Equestria, try as they might (and a few have tried).

Friendship is Magic is just great. It's fun, light-hearted, bright and has a cool cast of characters, good music numbers that come out of nowhere and make the audience burst out in laughter (maybe just me).
Don't be so down. I know what you need.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked