Do you have any prejudices?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Stupid teenagers (we were all one, so at least I understand).
Homosexuals (I see it as an anomaly).
Spoiled women.
Mothers that think they have priority over others.
Gaming elitists that think this weapon or that power is for noobs and tell you to "learn how to play properly".
Music or cinema snobs that hate every mainstream piece without reason (I dislike much of the mainstream crap, but at least I tell why).

Sir Christopher McFarlane:

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm prejudiced against people who watch MLP. I can't think of them as anything but trolls when they explain to me the wonders of Equestria, try as they might (and a few have tried).

Friendship is Magic is just great. It's fun, light-hearted, bright and has a cool cast of characters, good music numbers that come out of nowhere and make the audience burst out in laughter (maybe just me).
Don't be so down. I know what you need.

I decided to watch that "thing" all the way through. Until now I didn't really care one way or the other with regards to bronies and the like, wasn't interested in the slightest in watching the show, but I wasn't going to hate on them or anything. This video has changed that.

That was FUCKING PAINFUL. I'm anti-brony now. I would like to thank you for helping me to choose a side.

I don't like people who look down on people who have tons of sex. I mean, like, that's awesome why is that person suddenly worth less? I also dislike those who dislike teenage girls for being teenage girls. YES Twilight is pretty dumb. YES One Direction isn't really considered musical art. NO that doesn't mean all teenage girls are blithering idiots who are incapable of any valuable thought.

I also deplore people who believe that they 'earned' any modicum of control over another person. This goes for cops, forum moderators (except these ones of course y'all are fine don't hurt me), most men in movies, celebrities, the president, rich people, parents, literally anyone who has power through any means other than personally earning my respect.

Oh, and pure-white people who join in on race discussions, or cismen who join in on discussions about feminist issues.

And people who think rap music is dumb.

Okay I'm done now.

i hate people who will not let me cut the line at the grocery checkout when i just buy a pack of gum and a bottle of water, FFS people it would take you like 10s longer and now i have to spend 5 min watching you back a weeks worth of groceries.

people who identify themselves by the kind of music they listen(not by the music they make)
i don't like smokers and will consider you an inconsiderate dick because almost every smoker i know sitting in an open space where people eat will start smoking when they are finished eating. oh and hold the fucking things so that you have to sit in the cloud, not me.
i don't even care all that much about the cancer but it just smells terrible.

people who play shooters on PC with a controler. just why? you also don't use crutches to walk with perfectly healthy legs

Abomination:
I don't like people who feel the need to mention themselves as belonging to a particular group as a form of identification.

I don't like feminists, homosexuals, Christians, mothers, military personal, Bronies, gamers, atheists, democrats or republicans. I don't like people who identify themselves in such manners, not because of what they follow, but because of their need to make that aspect about themselves so prevalent in their interactions with others. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder all the damn time.

You sir, you speak with wisdom. 'Nyway. I have an irrational (aren't they all) prejudice against pepole drinking alcohol. And hoboes. And hoboes drinking alcohol.

about the only kind of prejudice I have is against illegal aliens - pretty much people would could go through the process of becoming a citizen of the place their trying to get into but they go out of their way to avoid it and most likely be found out and shipped back. My father was a man who went through the process and he has a stable job and a loving family here, so why can't others do it?

teebeeohh:
i hate people who will not let me cut the line at the grocery checkout when i just buy a pack of gum and a bottle of water, FFS people it would take you like 10s longer and now i have to spend 5 min watching you back a weeks worth of groceries.

people who identify themselves by the kind of music they listen(not by the music they make)
i don't like smokers and will consider you an inconsiderate dick because almost every smoker i know sitting in an open space where people eat will start smoking when they are finished eating. oh and hold the fucking things so that you have to sit in the cloud, not me.

people who play shooters on PC with a controler. just why? you also don't use crutches to walk with perfectly healthy legs

so a person who's been waiting in line for twenty minutes needs to make way for somebody who just cuts it front because "hey I got gum and couldn't bother to go through a self checkout line"

Wow. The forums here really do house a level headed and tolerant group of people, don't they?

Souplex:

I also jokingly dislike the Irish, because it was cool to hate them 100 years ago, and now people named Hannity and Reily are on the news complaining about the Mexicans.

Don't pretend it's a joke, you bigoted bigot.

Personally, I'm prejudiced against... You know what? I'm gonna go ahead and just keep shit like that to myself.

Sorry to bother you. Y'all have a nice day. :)

Wow, I am going to sound really bad for saying this, but I guess I am typically prejudiced against African Americans. Elaboration time! What I mean by this is unless something about them I hear/see before hand clues me in to something about them that immediately makes me think differently of them, I will typically converse with an African American person while thinking that they will probably be the stereotypical rap-blasting, ebonics-speaking, in your face kind of person. It's probably because being African American myself, I had somewhat of an inferiority complex until I was about 11, and sub-consciously judge people more rigorously if they were African American and felt incredibly disappointed whenever I heard there was a crime, and it ended up being an African American, but at the same time, I looked more highly upon African Americans that didn't fall into the typical stereotypes. And sadly, most of the African American people I meet do fall into at least one of the 3 aforementioned categories, which is probably the main reason why I think this way, even if I don't really want to.

Of course, if I talk with them for a bit and find out that they aren't like that, then any prejudice I might have had fades away. My best friend at the moment happens to be African American, and I don't think any differently of him than anyone else because I know him fairly well, and that way of thinking doesn't carry over to people I know if they don't fall into those aforementioned categories.

Also, people who fit into any of those 3 categories set off warning signals in my head not to talk to that person, regardless of their skin tone. I also tend to avoid overly social people, or sporty people, because I tend to assume that I won't like them. And even if I did, we probably wouldn't have any common interest to talk about since pretty much all I like are anime, jrpgs, nintendo games, and internet that's not facebook or instagram. I also tend to avoid seemingly very serious people as well. Also, I'd like to say that on the note of prejudice against African Americans, that only extends to African Americans, not regular Africans, or other black people around the globe.

Bleh, even if I accept that it is unintentional, I still feel kind of racist for saying so.

Baron_BJ:

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm prejudiced against people who watch MLP. I can't think of them as anything but trolls when they explain to me the wonders of Equestria, try as they might (and a few have tried).

Friendship is Magic is just great. It's fun, light-hearted, bright and has a cool cast of characters, good music numbers that come out of nowhere and make the audience burst out in laughter (maybe just me).

I decided to watch that "thing" all the way through. Until now I didn't really care one way or the other with regards to bronies and the like, wasn't interested in the slightest in watching the show, but I wasn't going to hate on them or anything. This video has changed that.

That was FUCKING PAINFUL. I'm anti-brony now. I would like to thank you for helping me to choose a side.

Beware of the anti-bronydom. Anger, fear, aggression; the wrong side of the argument are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in this debate. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Johnny Novgorod.
Besides that, I don't understand what is painful about the video. Maybe it's too childish.

DeltaEdge:
Wow, I am going to sound really bad for saying this, but I guess I am typically prejudiced against African Americans. Elaboration time! What I mean by this is unless something about them I hear/see before hand clues me in to something about them that immediately makes me think differently of them, I will typically converse with an African American person while thinking that they will probably be the stereotypical rap-blasting, ebonics-speaking, in your face kind of person. It's probably because being African American myself, I had somewhat of an inferiority complex until I was about 11, and sub-consciously judge people more rigorously if they were African American and felt incredibly disappointed whenever I heard there was a crime, and it ended up being an African American, but at the same time, I looked more highly upon African Americans that didn't fall into the typical stereotypes. And sadly, most of the African American people I meet do fall into at least one of the 3 aforementioned categories, which is probably the main reason why I think this way, even if I don't really want to.

Of course, if I talk with them for a bit and find out that they aren't like that, then any prejudice I might have had fades away. My best friend at the moment happens to be African American, and I don't think any differently of him than anyone else because I know him fairly well, and that way of thinking doesn't carry over to people I know if they don't fall into those aforementioned categories.

Also, people who fit into any of those 3 categories set off warning signals in my head not to talk to that person, regardless of their skin tone. I also tend to avoid overly social people, or sporty people, because I tend to assume that I won't like them. And even if I did, we probably wouldn't have any common interest to talk about since pretty much all I like are anime, jrpgs, nintendo games, and internet that's not facebook or instagram. I also tend to avoid seemingly very serious people as well. Also, I'd like to say that on the note of prejudice against African Americans, that only extends to African Americans, not regular Africans, or other black people around the globe.

Bleh, even if I accept that it is unintentional, I still feel kind of racist for saying so.

Could it be that you, being aware of the stereotypes about blacks in America, feel ashamed that those will colour people's perception of you? I think that's a common group sentiment.
I still feel bad about people's negative perceptions of atheists.

BNguyen:

teebeeohh:

so a person who's been waiting in line for twenty minutes needs to make way for somebody who just cuts it front because "hey I got gum and couldn't bother to go through a self checkout line"

the only way to self checkout around here is to walk out without paying.
and i have never seen anybody wait for 20 minutes to buy groceries, most i have ever seen was like 10 when the power went out and the cashier had to do simple addition in his head, fun times

Tradition dictates that my answer is: the French. Bloody French, with their good food, good weather, beautiful countryside, stupid smexy language, beautiful women and halfway sensible politicians. *grumble*

Hypocrits mostly, also people who just complain and never actually do anything about what they're complaining about.

oh, and people who believe this...

I also deplore people who believe that they 'earned' any modicum of control over another person. This goes for cops, forum moderators (except these ones of course y'all are fine don't hurt me), most men in movies, celebrities, the president, rich people, parents, literally anyone who has power through any means other than personally earning my respect.

Oh, and pure-white people who join in on race discussions, or cismen who join in on discussions about feminist issues.

The arrogance and ungratefulness of it all. Talk about "earning" respect. You have to be worthy of respect before people bother earning it.

teebeeohh:

BNguyen:

teebeeohh:

the only way to self checkout around here is to walk out without paying.
and i have never seen anybody wait for 20 minutes to buy groceries, most i have ever seen was like 10 when the power went out and the cashier had to do simple addition in his head, fun times

well I guess I live in an area with self-checkout lines and at most maybe only five cashiers working at a time and have only gone on days when everybody else goes shopping

Dirty Hipsters:
I'm prejudiced against immigrants who come to a country and then refuse to adopt any of that country's culture and values.

I have to agree. Worse is when immigrants then decide they want to reform their new home in order to make it more like their old home, and want everyone else to adopt THEIR values. Sharia law and all that, it really gets on my nerves. Especially when said immigrants are seeking asylum, why the fuck would you want to make things more like the place you just fled?

FFP2:
I don't like people that dismiss the rap genre as a whole. If you've only heard shit by people like Lil Wayne and 2Chainz then it's obviously gonna be crap. Hear stuff by Lupe Fiasco, Nas or Pac to see what the genre can offer.

I haven't heard any rap that I've liked in my entire lifetime. However I'm an open-minded guy. Like you said, I probably haven't heard anything decent.

So if this isn't too much to ask, what's the best rap song you've ever heard? I'll give rap one more chance.

DeltaEdge:

Could it be that you, being aware of the stereotypes about blacks in America, feel ashamed that those will colour people's perception of you? I think that's a common group sentiment.

I suppose that might be a better way of putting it than I put it. So yes, it makes me feel bad when people belonging to this group do something stereotypical that further paints us in a negative light. For example, at/near my college, there have been several homicides/ rape cases, and in every single instance, the perpetrator has been African American. And I am not exaggerating this at all(Nor am I saying that I am not exaggerating as a form of hyperbole), and it disappoints me that this is the case. It's difficult to lower this mental barrier of mine when the majority of the time, they do end up fitting into said stereotypes, even if I don't want to think this way. I guess what I mean to say is that I don't hate that these stereotypes exist, but rather that they are rooted in a certain level of truth. That's the disappointing part.

DeltaEdge:

DeltaEdge:

I suppose that might be a better way of putting it than I put it. So yes, it makes me feel bad when people belonging to this group do something stereotypical that further paints us in a negative light. For example, at/near my college, there have been several homicides/ rape cases, and in every single instance, the perpetrator has been African American. And I am not exaggerating this at all(Nor am I saying that I am not exaggerating as a form of hyperbole), and it disappoints me that this is the case. It's difficult to lower this mental barrier of mine when the majority of the time, they do end up fitting into said stereotypes, even if I don't want to think this way. I guess what I mean to say is that I don't hate that these stereotypes exist, but rather that they are rooted in a certain level of truth. That's the disappointing part.

You're from Michigan aren't you, and I'm going to go further and guess somewhere around the Flint Detroit area?

Actually me assuming that is prejudice, true black stereotypes and crime make me think of the worst place in Michigan.

TehCookie:

DeltaEdge:

You're from Michigan aren't you, and I'm going to go further and guess somewhere around the Flint Detroit area?

Yep, I'm from Michigan(sort of). I was born in Indiana, moved to Michigan when I was 3 months old, Moved to California when I was 13, then moved back to Michigan when I was 17. And I went to a school in Ferndale populated almost solely by kids from Detroit for my final year of high school. I noticed it before that though, but it was definitely worse in Michigan than in California, but I can't say much about Indiana since I wasn't really consciously there, and I only go there to visit my grandparents. When I lived in Michigan before moving to California, I lived in Troy/Auburn Hills though, and now I live in Ypsilanti.

Robots that have feelings, sentient thoughts, & personalities. I have zero tolerance for them. I especially hate it when they emote.

The robots from Portal 2, Wall-E, Star Trek TNG, Short Circuit, Iron Giant, & Star Wars.

Wheatley & the robot from A Robot in the Family are the most annoying because they never shut up. GlaDOS & Wall-E have the most annoying voices.

Baron_BJ:

Johnny Novgorod:

I'm with this guy. I was kinda, meh about the whole thing until I watched that.

I could feel my insides melting. I'm gonna have to stab the next actual pony I see just to alleviate the pain.

So now its bronies AND annoying vegetarians (see my previous post)

Dirty Hipsters:
I'm prejudiced against immigrants who come to a country and then refuse to adopt any of that country's culture and values.

It annoys me seeing people who have lived in a place for 10 years, but still don't speak a word of the native language, or when people move to another country and only live and associate with people in a small community of immigrants from the same country as them. It completely defeats the purpose of moving to another country, and I feel like if they want to keep the values of their culture without adopting any of the values of their new homeland then they should have just stayed in their own country to begin with.

And just for the record before anyone jumps all over me and calls me "anti-immigrant," I myself am an immigrant.

Many people go to another country because they can't stay in their own. Hating on ones culture and looking up for another is not the only reason for immigration...

teebeeohh:

I identify other people by the kind of music they listen to. Am I any better?

I am American and I was raised to be tolerant of everyone. I was often worried about being racist, but now I am confident that I am not.

And here's where things get complicated:

I am a huge fan of East Asian cultural asthetics and storytelling, I love anime, Japanese art and design, and the Japanese language. However, I absolutely despise their communal societies and their social norms.

I went to Japan for three months and met some of the most fake, half-assed, incorrigible people in my whole life. Now, this did not include "pure-blooded" Japanese people, it included Western and Southeast Asian people who had been raised in Japan and have adopted their values.

So I'm not racist or racialist. I'm an near ethnocentric-culturalist who judges people on their behavior not their race.

Also:

Apologists

And people who exclude themselves from brands due to "loyalty." Reading Marvel does not mean you have to stop reading DC (or vice-versa)

And of course, people who place religious values over personal/social values.

OhJohnNo:

teebeeohh:

I identify other people by the kind of music they listen to. Am I any better?

a little
identifying people by the music they listen to is not that bad, we also identify people based on their cloth and manner of speaking, it just bugs me when people are a walking cliche of a fan of certain kinds of music and all they do revolves around that.

Tons of them. I am prejudiced against everyone for everything, even if I don't want to be.

norashepard:

Nothing like good old racism and sexism to hold back societal progression.

norashepard:
I don't like people who look down on people who have tons of sex. I mean, like, that's awesome why is that person suddenly worth less? I also dislike those who dislike teenage girls for being teenage girls. YES Twilight is pretty dumb. YES One Direction isn't really considered musical art. NO that doesn't mean all teenage girls are blithering idiots who are incapable of any valuable thought.

And people who think rap music is dumb.

Okay I'm done now.

So basically you'd rather have cis-men and white people in the dark about race relations and gender stuff? This is how people don't learn stuff did you know that?

OutrunCam:

norashepard:
Snip.

Snip.

So basically you'd rather have cis-men and white people in the dark about race relations and gender stuff? This is how people don't learn stuff did you know that?

You misunderstand. They certainly can participate in discussion, but as listeners first, speakers second. Too many times has a discussion about women's rights or some tragedy in a foreign country been dominated by white men, who by their very nature, have almost nothing to do with the topic at hand. The discussion is for all, but the speakers need to be the people who are affected by the issue.

Trust a primary source (actual women) over a secondary source (men who are not women) any day.

I'm prejudiced about men speaking about women's issues, i.e. female sexism (yes, for God sakes, I know sexism against males exists. Enough with BUT WHAT ABOUTS THE MENS.

Stop talking like you know what it's like to be a woman, or pregnancy/menstrual pains aren't that bad. Stop telling women that the warped view of media and gaming about women isn't a problem. It's easy to say that when you're not the one being objectified.

I'm prejudiced against those who are opposed to abortion. Especially men. You're against a medical procedure you'll never have to go through? You'd rather force a woman to go through pregnancy, something you'll never have to go through? Ok. That's all I want to know.

/bring on the raging men.

ShiningAmber:
I'm prejudiced about men speaking about women's issues, i.e. female sexism (yes, for God sakes, I know sexism against males exists. Enough with BUT WHAT ABOUTS THE MENS.

Stop talking like you know what it's like to be a woman, or pregnancy/menstrual pains aren't that bad. Stop telling women that the warped view of media and gaming about women isn't a problem. It's easy to say that when you're not the one being objectified.

I'm prejudiced against those who are opposed to abortion. Especially men. You're against a medical procedure you'll never have to go through? You'd rather force a woman to go through pregnancy, something you'll never have to go through? Ok. That's all I want to know.

I'll bite. Even if men had one issue of sexism- it would still be an issue. In a topic about inequality and etc, I would think it would be relevant to the discussion. Its the oppression olympics that people play in such discussions that are really a turn off to me. "Enough with BUT WHAT ABOUTS THE MENS." I feel embodies that mentality. "Men have so much they must be whining" is the vibe I feel from that comment. As if someone bringing up sexism against men (how ever small) for the umpteenth time detracts from the "real" issues....like sexism.

I agree with everything else you said pretty much. In addition to legal and government paid abortion, men should be allowed to give up their rights to parenthood if they choose to opt for an abortion but their spouse won't due to religious of personal reasons.

ShiningAmber:

Yes, because we all know that the view of males in the media is just so perfect and ideal. Please. This argument can go both ways so easily.

Which reminds me: I CANNOT STAND women who play the "I'm just a girl" card when it's convenient for them and then the next second they turn into raging bitches. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE women. ALL my best friends are basically girls, I work with them and I'm the best guy friend a girl could have. But THEY'LL never know anything about the problems of being a male either.

I'm prejudiced against people who believe in the `Friend Zone` and `Fake Geek Girls`.

And also ladies who play the `I'm not like other girls they so catty/bitchy/etc` card. Not that I don't understand why they do it, but it makes me roll my eyes. You are, by definition, like other girls.

Phasmal:

And also ladies who play the `I'm not like other girls they so catty/bitchy/etc` card. Not that I don't understand why they do it, but it makes me roll my eyes. You are, by definition, like other girls.

That's a good one, actually!
That always bugs me.
That and ragging on girls for no other reason other than the fact that they're good looking. Like, "oh she's pretty but I bet she is stupid/is a bitch/has no personality", it's such a stupid assumption, being pretty does not automatically make you vapid.

Not that I've ever personally experienced it but a few people I know do it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked