What's your favorite type of soup?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pretty self explanatory. It could be an Asian soup, soup from a can or whatever.

My favorite is this Thai soup that's kind of spicy and it has shrimp in it. I can't remember the name though.

My second favorite is Avgolemono. It's a chicken and rice soup mixed with lemon and some other things I think. It tastes pretty good. My mother has a greek recipe for it but every time there's leftovers it thickens in the fridge and becomes chicken and rice stew. I don't mind but it drives my mother nuts.

Clam Chowder. I'm not a huge clam guy but damn if a nice chowder doesn't just hit the spot sometimes. hmm... I've just made myself hungry.

Just your standard clear beef soup without vegetables.

Just something hot, salty, and beefy... >.>

Gumbo. Doesn't really matter what kind; shrimp, fish, oyster... they're all good. Add a little tobasco and it's one hell of a meal. I never met a gumbo I didn't like, though the kind my mom makes (which was passed down to her from my grandmother) is my personal favorite.

I can't remember the name of this soup but it's Chinese and it has egg white in it. It tend to have tofu or whatever the person who made it put in it. Oh and there also Miso soup.

Broccoli and cheese.

Tomato soup with lots of pepper.

I hate soup of practically any kind, but I once had a creamy pumpkin soup that was palatable.

Come to think of it, it's probably derivative of my hatred for onions.

I change my favourite flavour too often to have an overall fave. But some of my recurring favourites are oxtail (if it's super beefy), chicken noodle, smoked haddock chowder and basically any Japanese noodley soupage sans mushrooms.

Soup is a wonderful thing. It's also delicious with some good bread, making it doubly wonderful.

Tomato soup. close second is every other soup out there.
I love soup.

EDIT: ninja'd... and yes, lots of pepper improves it thousandfold

Chicken Noodle.

Chickeny and noodley at the same time.

I'm also a fan of good ol' Tomato. Classic soup, tastes great.

My favourite soup would have to be meat soup (direct translation) which doesn't have a good English name as far as I know.

It's made with beef or lamb depending on preference (we usually use lamb), various vegetables, broth and possibly barely. It's really, really good, I could eat that every day.

I like Potato Bacon soups.
Although they have like maybe 0.02 of a bacon slice chopped up in most of them. Would be more accurate to call it "Potato with Other Assorted Vegetables and a Sprinkling of Bacon" but that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely, I suppose...

Much to my regret, I cannot like French Onion soups. I try really, really hard, and they smell delicious (I love the smell of cooking onion) but I hate the texture and full-on taste (as opposed to a flavouring) of onions to truly enjoy French Onion soup. It is the saddest thing ever because like I said, it smells delicious. :(

And then of course there's boring-ass, salty-as-fuck, Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup. With no actual bits of chicken, which I like lol

While I can always go for a heaping bowl of New England Clam Chowder (Manhattan is shit), being from Philly, I've got to go with the local delicacy, Snapper soup with sherry.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup ;)
Seriously though, not a soup man myself, but my mother makes a helluva spicy pumpkin soup.

Chicken noodle. I only drink soup when I'm sick so that's not really that surprising.

Simple. Minestrone soup. Cream of mushroom is also pretty good.

I like most soups, but the one I have most often is your standard vegetable soup. It looks like it'll taste god awful too, but it's super yummy.

It's a toss up between cream of broccoli and French onion. Both are so damn good, so I'll just take a serving of each.

My granddad makes his own vegetable soup from the veg in his garden. It is absolutely glorious.
Chicken broth is nice too.

Father Time:
Pretty self explanatory. It could be an Asian soup, soup from a can or whatever.

My favorite is this Thai soup that's kind of spicy and it has shrimp in it. I can't remember the name though.

My second favorite is Avgolemono. It's a chicken and rice soup mixed with lemon and some other things I think. It tastes pretty good. My mother has a greek recipe for it but every time there's leftovers it thickens in the fridge and becomes chicken and rice stew. I don't mind but it drives my mother nuts.

That's because it's thickened with egg. It used to be one of my favourite things as a kid. I love having Greek blood =P

I'd say a Thai chicken udon noodle soup, with Pak Choi, Chicken lemongrass and ginger meatballs, coriander, chilli, udon noodles, lime, and a chicken broth. It's really good for you, low in fat, and GREAT when you're ill. Clears the sinuses like a charm.

Tom yum!!

Also miso soup.

Miso soup is my favorite. All I've been able to have where I live is freeze dried stuff but even then it is delicious.
Freshly made must be fantastic.

Runner up would be my Uncle's home made chicken soup. I don't know what he puts in it to make so delicious but I could drink the stuff as a beverage with every meal I swear.

egg drop. i make it better than anyone.

Miso soup, hands down. The few types of soups I like in the first place are usually something I just sort of have when they're served, more tolerating them than actually enjoying them (I solemnly vow that my senior year of college will be the last time I ever eat Top Ramen). But on the rare occasions I'm blessed with the opportunity to visit to a Japanese restaurant, I couldn't possibly ask for a better way to start the meal than a hot bowl of miso filled with mushrooms and tofu.

Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup.

thick mixed soup with potato, pumpkin, tomato and carrot. With a lot of pepper and goat cheese. DE-LI_CIOUS!

Gazpacho soup. Refreshing on a hot day and it was the last phrase Arnold Rimmer said.

This kind obviously.

I absolutely love that Soup. <3

bean soup with smoked pork ribs! it's only one i truly like.

CHICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN!!!! My mom makes the best chicken soup in the world! FACT!
I was a vegetarian for a year and the only thing I truly truly missed was that soup.
The chickensoup at work is alright too, but nothing beats mom's home cooking.

Split pea soup with ham. AWESOME and good for you.

My roommate wrote a song about how much I love soup. It's a single-chord heavy metal anthem. It's pretty great. And accurate.

So, I don't think I can name one favorite. I love a good classic chicken and noodles. I love gumbo, the little of it I've tried. Minestrone, when done well, is terrific. Any kind of beefy, stewy type thing you give me I will devour. I tend to like the heavier, chunkier, more stew-like soups, and the cream-of soups are delicious too. Miso soup is surprisingly pleasant for something so light, and egg drop soup is awesome. I think the best soup I've ever had was some thick, cheesy, creamy kind of soup, with chives and potato chunks in it. Can't remember where I had it, but I remember the yummy.

Cream of mother fucking mushroom.

Everything else.....is just a toy.

Not a big soup fan but if I have to pick I prefer more plain soups. Tomato or pumpkin soup, pepper added to the former, sour cream to the latter.

More of a stew person to be honest, a real hearty meaty one with lots of sauce from it...Mmm

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked