19.2% (40)
19.2% (40)
Teleportation
80.8% (168)
80.8% (168)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would You Rather? - Superpowers

Pages PREV 1 2

The context in which you present the two options is kind of skewed. Flying will get you killed on your very first flight upon attempting to land. The potential for death in the teleporting option is completely out of your hands. Aim for 2 feet off the ground in an open field? Teleport unintentionally six feet under.

In these circumstances, I'd choose teleportation but only use it in a bind.

Not G. Ivingname:

Dirty Hipsters:
I would pick teleportation and just never teleport to places with walls. Problem solved.

Well, what about teleporting into the ground?

What is the floor besides a wall you stand on?

I would take neither because I know from Blood Bowl that you will roll four ones in a row sometime or another, so teleportation would kill me some time or another while I am pretty sure flying that fast would kill me flat out, let alone trying to land.

Kids, if you have super powers, make sure the required secondary ones come with it. :D

hahaha i like how you also use blood bowl as the reference for bad rolls, NEVER TRUST THE ODDS.

OT: I'd probably take flying, but just 'run' really fast, so when i did touch the ground, i could slow down if i wanted to

Not G. Ivingname:

Dirty Hipsters:
I would pick teleportation and just never teleport to places with walls. Problem solved.

Well, what about teleporting into the ground?

What is the floor besides a wall you stand on?

I would take neither because I know from Blood Bowl that you will roll four ones in a row sometime or another, so teleportation would kill me some time or another while I am pretty sure flying that fast would kill me flat out, let alone trying to land.

Kids, if you have super powers, make sure the required secondary ones come with it. :D

I would only teleport to Caribbean islands and always into water.

Heh, I'll take teleportation...and then steal a jet. Do I win?

Flying definitely, as teleportation seems way too dangerous. Imagine teleport into the sky, and there just so happened to be a bird flying there, and now there is a live bird tearing up your insides desperately trying to get out, or accidentally getting stuck in a wall and being killed. Or if portal has taught me anything, then if you don't lose your momentum, unless you are continuously teleporting, you will not be able to reduce your speed, and thus be unable to land, and will probably die when you lose focus.

As for flying, well it'd be pretty damn fun, and I wouldn't have to worry about fucking flying to high and falling for too long and being completely unable to lower of momentum.

Captcha: Take an umbrella. Huh, I suppose that might be helpful. Although I don't know if it'd help when I am falling at terminal velocity. Maybe a parachute would be better...

Edit: Just read the OP, and I think that both are terrible options now and would choose neither.

Evil Smurf:

Zachary Amaranth:
I'd take the teleport for emergencies, like many others.

Where as I'd cosplay as nightcrawler and show off.

If I cosplayed as Nightcrawler, I'd need an emergency teleport.

So basically I'm choosing between the near certainty of at least scraping all my skin off upon flying and trying to land, or a 0.5% chance of dying horrifically upon teleporting. I'll go for teleportation and only use it in emergencies, but if I could be assured of an easy landing I'd have picked flying in a heartbeat. Sadly it's just not worth being injured every time I use it.

And what's more, you can't fly through a door.

Teleportation seems the most safest thing out of the two so I'm going for that.

I'll take my 0.5% chances of death than face planting into a wall.

Teleportation despite I can used it to visit exotic places but none the less it will cut away the travel time to and from work!
Beside flying would be of a nuisance even without that specific problem like for one thing it's alot colder being up in the sky!

From the options,, teleportation. As people have pointed out, if you can't slow down, you are kind of screwed.

Also, I predict a new Superpower game thread using the random page on powerlistings wiki. I think we should agree Daystar is not allowed to take part in that though.

Well the flying without any kind of protection is fatal. And the teleportation I guess would be only useful for dire situations.

So the teleportation. Only use it when in life endangering or family/friends lives endangered situations.

Kinda crummy choices.

As much as I'd love to be able to fly... I'm going with teleportation, I'm not a fan of great heights...

As fun as flying would be, I don't think I'd have invincibility, so all it'd take is a plane or a large billboard to kill me.

CitrusLover:
So, two superpowers, but you can only choose one.

Flying - You can fly at about 100mph, but can't slow down. Meaning you won't be able to see very well, you'll probably hit something on the way to your destination and landing will be a bit of a pain.

Teleportation - You can teleport, though not instantly and you have to of been to the place you are teleporting to. Also there is a 0.5% chance you will teleport inside a wall.

Let me know if you want more of these.

Well, I'm going to take flying based on a few assumptions I'm going to make.
One, you're allowed to pack a parachute and wing-suit. Two, the acceleration doesn't kill you. Three, when you stop flying you begin a ballistic trajectory.

Aim upwards of where you want to go, then glide in close with the wing-suit before popping your 'chute and landing safely.
Goggles are a must for vision. You're probably also going to want knee pads so you don't scrape yourself on landing and won't need Mummy to kiss it better.

EDIT: You'd also use the Wing-suit to slow yourself down before you opened the parachute.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked