Bizarre Japanese commercial (cast thine interpretations!)

So today I was looking at the Japanese live action trailer for Soul Sacrifice, when another video on the side caught my eye.

Apparently its a trailer for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn on the Playstation store or something like that, and honestly I don't know what to make of it... it's mindbogglingly bizarre.

I tried to look it up and search for the meaning, but I've found nothing, so I present it to you! The Escapist Community!

Because sharing is caring.

Whaddya think of it?

I especially love how the black guy kept adjusting his afro.

Seriously though, what is going on?!

C'mon people, let me help you help me

Hm. TV ads usually are bizarre, it's kind of smurf for the course, but I still can't make heads or smurfs of that one. It'd probably be very helpful if I smurfed Japanese.

Queen Michael:
Hm. TV ads usually are bizarre, it's kind of smurf for the course, but I still can't make heads or smurfs of that one. It'd probably be very helpful if I smurfed Japanese.

What the f*ck is going on with people using "smurf" for everything all of a sudden.
Is this a joke?
Did I not get a memo?
Has Kross finally gone mad with power?

OT: I don'T really want to know what's going on, it seems like something best left alone, idly playing in a corner.

Calibanbutcher:

Queen Michael:

What the f*ck is going on with people using "smurf" for everything all of a sudden.
Is this a joke?
Did I not get a memo?

Other people are smurfing it too? Awesome! What threads?

Queen Michael:

Calibanbutcher:

Queen Michael:

Is this a joke?
Did I not get a memo?

Other people are smurfing it too? Awesome! What threads?

I have to admit that I don't remember...

However, should I come across one again, I shall message you.

It's funny but I have no idea what is it.

I'm sure it makes more sense if you can speak Japanese but... it's a PlayStation ad.

That's really all you need to know as they've got a habit of making absolutely no sense.

They're just commercials for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn which you can watch via PSN. Really, that's all. Most of the stuff they're talking about is pretty mundane. Not gonna bother translating or anything but the first ad is the black guy saying he doesn't want to wear the damn box. The second one is the Japanese guy trying to talk like an Otaku but clearly his lines were written by a Niwaka. Can't be bothered watching the rest because I don't care about Gundam.

I prefer Orange Rescue. Despite the fact that I couldn't understand it, it made me thirsty.

They are main stream comedians. You cant expect them to be funny or know anything about gundam.
and gundam fans dont need to be advertised or convinced by tv to purchase the game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here