Headphones

I am the destroyer of many headphones, I treat them too roughly or they cannot contain my ego and they snap. Sometimes in multiple places. What I need is headphones that can survive my skull, headphones that I can treat roughly yet they beg for more. Also clean audio and a mic.

Im not mister moneybags here but I can afford something around the 20 mark, do any of our wise Escapists know of such a device?

Sennheiser.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368699012&sr=8-2&keywords=sennheiser

These are the one I have, they're cheap, have excellent build quality, and sound awesome.

Really, you can't go wrong with Sennheiser, they're my favourite brand when it comes to bang for your buck.

I've got some skullcandy ones (plain black, didn't want any that looked overly fancy). I bought them pretty randomly, wanted some affordable headphones, and they were a brand I'd heard of and had pretty good reviews. They aren't amazing, but they've lasted me a while (I also normally just destroy headphones) and sound alright.

It sounds like you're after a headset since you want a mic...not headphones. In which case I'd still recommend Sennheisers + an independent mic because if the mic breaks (it's usually the most brittle part of a headset) then you can just grab another one without having to replace the whole damn thing.

Seconding Daystar's HD201 suggestion since I gifted a pair to my little brother...and he's a right little rascal with them, somehow the thing is still in one piece after 2 years of rough use and sounding as good as ever :P

Sennheiser HD201 - 19.35
Neewer clip-on microphone - 2.70

But the main problem is that no matter how sturdy the headphones, they're still going to break if you treat them so damn rough dude. Have you considered taking better care of them? I'm glad you only had a 20 budget because I'd be scared to recommend you anything more expensive.

Treat your tech nicely and it'll treat you nicely :)

Yuuki:
It sounds like you're after a headset since you want a mic...not headphones. In which case I'd still recommend Sennheisers + an independent mic because if the mic breaks (it's usually the most brittle part of a headset) then you can just grab another one without having to replace the whole damn thing.

This exactly how I've had mine PC set-up for quite some time, and it's far superior. The mic was a $2 desktop mic and it hasn't broken in the four years I've had. Truly impressed. Senheissers are excellent as well; though I find to get them at a reasonable price you need to order them only. The pairs I've bought for $20-30 have all been a $100+ in stores.

Turtle Beaches! They're so strong, and sturdy! /Sarcasm.

Too bad you're not asking for ear buds headphones. I bought some ear buds off amazon for 35 dollars. I left them outside through the snow, being plowed over, ran over, rained on for like two weeks. Washed them off after I found them and they still worked 100%

I cant even keep computer mice (?) for more than three months.
So headphones are totally disposable for me.

Daystar Clarion:
Sennheiser.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368699012&sr=8-2&keywords=sennheiser
These are the one I have, they're cheap, have excellent build quality, and sound awesome.
Really, you can't go wrong with Sennheiser, they're my favourite brand when it comes to bang for your buck.

Already been seconded, so thirding this. Sennheiser are generally the best of the 'modestly priced enthusiast' bracket of audiowear. You won't often get higher quality unless you want to seriously jump up in price.

OneCatch :
Already been seconded, so thirding this. Sennheiser are generally the best of the 'modestly priced enthusiast' bracket of audiowear. You won't often get higher quality unless you want to seriously jump up in price.

Fourthing this. Sennheiser's are pretty much cream of the crop in your price range (and well above it).

Daystar Clarion:
Sennheiser.

Oh, look at Mister "Lah dee dah I can wear oval headphones because I have good eyes."
Unlike some of you fools who need to check your privilege, I have to wear glasses, so these silly designs make the ends dig into my head and give me headaches. So, to anyone who wears glasses and wants to listen to things at the same time, I inroduce to you...

Awwww yeah, look at dat good shit. Nice mic, smooth design, chunky as fuck, and dem square headphones. They cup right around the frames, so soft, so smooth, like an asian masseuse rubbing your head as you wreck fools in Dota. Surround sound, on ear volume controls, my friend, if you're considering a glassesed headset... go get a Plantronics.

That'll be 200 for that advertising please Plantronics. Or just another of your sweet, sweet headsets.

EDIT: Forgot the link. Whoops.

hazabaza1:

Daystar Clarion:
Sennheiser.

Oh, look at Mister "Lah dee dah I can wear oval headphones because I have good eyes."
Unlike some of you fools who need to check your privilege, I have to wear glasses, so these silly designs make the ends dig into my head and give me headaches. So, to anyone who wears glasses and wants to listen to things at the same time, I inroduce to you...

Awwww yeah, look at dat good shit. Nice mic, smooth design, chunky as fuck, and dem square headphones. They cup right around the frames, so soft, so smooth, like an asian masseuse rubbing your head as you wreck fools in Dota. Surround sound, on ear volume controls, my friend, if you're considering a glassesed headset... go get a Plantronics.

That'll be 200 for that advertising please Plantronics. Or just another of your sweet, sweet headsets.

I wear glasses and they still fit nicely, but I imagine it's a person to person thing :D

Sony MDREX210B Headphones are legit and pretty cheap if you buy them online, I have used them for at least 5 hours a day for the last 2 years and they sound great. Definitely recommended.

Going to say sennheiser like pretty much everyone else, but going to recommend the in ear ones. The CX models are just great, best sound quality I've ever had and only cost me 25.

xplosive59:
Sony MDREX210B Headphones are legit and pretty cheap if you buy them online, I have used them for at least 5 hours a day for the last 2 years and they sound great. Definitely recommended.

Oh yeah, I'll second this recommendation. I abuse the hell out of my earphones and most of them end up losing the sound in one ear after a few months. I've had a set of these for over 2 years now and nothing can stop them. Sound great too.

I'd honestly recommend saving up and waiting for something to go on sale. Sennheiser is definitely one of the brands you'll want to look at first as they always have well priced products for the quality you get. I recently purchased the Numark Redwave DJ headphones so I can play games/listen to music while my girlfriend studies and they are by far the best headphones I've ever owned. They were about $75 USD, so about 50 pounds for you. I've also heard a lot of good things about the Sennheiser HD280, but those are a little more expensive.

I've found that if I go for something that's a little pricier, I'm more likely to treat it better. I can't tell you how many crappy digital watches I burned through before I got my Citizen watch, now I treat the damn thing like royalty, and the same goes for my headphones.

--

whatever you end up getting, make sure they're wireless. no matter how cheap or how expensive the headset you buy ends up being, if it's wired, it will die. wireless doesn't rely on the cord to produce sound, so even if you keep it plugged in to keep it charged, it should never die. it'll save you money in the long run, even if you have to pay extra for it now.

Samson SR850s are my choice. Great position audio when combined with Dolby Headphone and great bass response. I sold my AD700s because of the weak bass. It helps that the Seasons are soooo cheap and work for music and movies just as well as for games.

Daystar Clarion:

hazabaza1:

Daystar Clarion:
Sennheiser.

I wear glasses and they still fit nicely, but I imagine it's a person to person thing :D

Shush, you.
Ruining my point with your logic.

boots:

xplosive59:

Oh yeah, I'll second this recommendation. I abuse the hell out of my earphones and most of them end up losing the sound in one ear after a few months. I've had a set of these for over 2 years now and nothing can stop them. Sound great too.

They look ideal! Also yeah that sound breaking in one ear thing is the problem I have so ill make sure to try these, thanks!

You should consider Urbanears Headphones.

Mr Companion:
I am the destroyer of many headphones, I treat them too roughly or they cannot contain my ego and they snap. Sometimes in multiple places. What I need is headphones that can survive my skull, headphones that I can treat roughly yet they beg for more. Also clean audio and a mic.

Im not mister moneybags here but I can afford something around the 20 mark, do any of our wise Escapists know of such a device?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked