Why Did You Pick Your Avatar?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Avatar: Saito, from Zero no Tsukaima.
Why?: Because ZnT is one of my favourite animes of all time, especially because of it's fantasy setting, and Saito is the Male lead.
Meaning: cuz it's awesome? :P

What is your Avatar?
Okami

Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?
Okami

Does it have any meaning or importance to you?
Okami

Well that was easy :D

Seriously though, I really like Okami. I really enjoy the art style, and the idea of a wolf who has flowers sprout at her feet as she runs seemed like a really cool avatar.

It's the cyborg from Gorillaz.

I like how menacing she can look.

Mostly just part of the theme and I like the style I guess.

A friend made it for me at my request many years ago. It's based on Banjo-Kazooie. I think I still use it more for them than I do for the actual bird.

Mine is the Vista/7 icon of freecell with edited background.

I've been using it as my steam icon for a few years now.
Still don't know why though, guess it looks kind of cool.

Kaptain Bludflagg from Dawn of War 2: Retribution.

I chose it because it was pirate month at some site, and I just changed it here as well, because why not.

Its got a bit of meaning to me, as it's a good pick of a Ork, who are my favorite race ever, pretty much. So, the picture itself is nothing special, its just a good picture of a Ork :P

My Avatar's a picture of a sunrise over the river by my aunt's house in winter.

I love the colours in it.

Meaning? It's pretty and soothing. And as much as I hate winter here, I do love how unbelievably beautiful it can be.

It's Tohru Adachi from Persona 4.

I chose it for two reasons. The GIF of Magatsu Izanagi I wanted to use wasn't working properly so I used my current avatar as a back up, and because Adachi kicks ass!

Yeah! He's my third favorite character from Persona 4 for various reasons.

Its Raziel From Legacy of Kain

The reson I picked it is because I loved the Soul Reaver games, and Raziel Was my Favorite Character.

Sure I might change it once ore twice but it will always be some pic of Raziel.

- It's me
- I've drawn myself so that I can be my avatar
- No meaning, just something I scribbled down when I was bored

1. Izanagi from Persona 4

2. Because I love Persona 4 and it's characters and I decided to use one of the most iconic images in the game. Plus I'm a big sucker for Japanese mythology

3. The Persona series has great significance to me but explaining it would involve me divulging mental history that is not entirely savory

- Borsalino (Admiral Kizaru)
- I like One Piece, he's my favorite admiral, and Light is my favorite elemental power.
- Not really.

-It's Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics
-It's the main character of my favorite game of all times, so there's that.
-I've always felt quite a strong bond between me and this character. I share so many of his ideals and motivations. He's basically been my role model (Be true to yourself; honor your friends and family; fight for what's right, not for fame)for the entirety of my chilhood/teenage years.

It's this guy

As for why him, well, I identify with him to the extent that's kinda sad.
I took a bunch of screenshots of him and decided to go with this one because I like to imagine he is looking at my post and going "WTF is she writing about?"
Also the colours are nice.

marche45:
Shuma-Gorath

To increase my hipster level

He was in MSH,which was my first fighting game.

Tentacles are now a hipster-thing?

-What is your Avatar?
Rainbow pone

- Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?
I like the art style. It's also funny to watch other escapists react to it, it leaves a lot to the imagination without being saucy.

- Does it have any meaning or importance to you?
Eh, not really.

It's a power armored... Powered armor guy from fallout

It's from fallout three. I liked the Fallout games. Especially 3.

It looks really cool. And I really liked Fallout.

Yeah that's about it.

Caramel Frappe:
Questions:

-What is your Avatar?

My avatar is a troll. It was made for me by a fellow escapist named SharPoe many years ago. I doubt I'll ever change it because I personally think it's awesome. Only real importance is it's the me this site has deemed me to be.

My original avatar was 2-D of the Gorillaz which I made myself especially for this site. I now use it as my Steam avatar. Amusingly, I've seen my 2-D avatar used by several others, not only on this site but elsewhere on the net.

-Me
-Because its explain me.
-Yes. Because I made this.

-What is your Avatar?
A snippet of Queen Chrysalis transformation scene.

It's because I wanted a pony loop animated avatar that ism't the mane 6 (too many people use an mane 6 avatar).

Just like that I like Queen Chrysalis as a villain.

Lapras
I like Lapras I suppose. Tis a fine specimen.
Importance? Not really, my old ones did I suppose but I just like the way this one looks. It's nice and simple.

Because I like Gundam and Sword Impulse is one of the few redeeming features of Gundam Seed Destiny.

It's the Triforce...from The Legend of Zelda...
I chose it because I love TLOZ!
I actually like the symbolism of the Triforce in relation to the spirit of a true hero. A true hero needs Courage, Wisdom and Power, all in equal measure.

1.) Terra off Final Fantasy VI.
2.) To match my username.
3.) Nah. It is pretty cute though.

1. My Avatar is Kurama (Nine Tailed Fox) from Naruto.
2. I find Japanese folklore very interesting, especially ones that involve kitsune. Orginally I wanted Ninetails from Okami as my Avatar, since he's the reason why I love kitsune but since I wasn't able to find a gif of him, I settled for Kurama, which is still a good gif
3. I love Japanese folklore

My avatar is Shenron from Dragon Ball. I chose him because I like Dragon Ball and Shenron is awesome. He's not my favourite character, but I'm not worthy to wear the face of my favourite character.

Glad you asked!

My avatar is a robot called Widget. (Look it up.)

Robots are cool, they can take the shape and size of just about anything.

Widget just sort of... appeared in my head. After using Rainbow Dash as my avatar I really wanted something that represented me, not something I like. I was just doodling in MS Paint, got 3 circles to represent the eyes and the outline of a head after a couple of minutes, it reminded me of Clank, so I coloured it in grey and made the eyes yellow because it represent happiness. I made the mouth as just a cover that opens up and scrolling text because robots don't have mouth muscles, duh.

By the way, it's only Widget's head that's showing, not the entire thing. (I didn't want to hurt your feelings, Eclipse Dragon.)

Also, the rest of Widget's face opens up, being able to show monochrome images.

My avatar hasn't been updated yet because I'm currently asking other users what sort of images will show on Widget's face.

This is my face.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Without my face, I am nobody.
Without me, my face has no body.

-This is the Dovahbear

-I picked him because he is a badass and yet adorable.

-I tend to drink a lot or at least out-drink most of my friends. The picture speaks to that part of me.

If I answer this then how am I supposed to feed my ego by having people PM'ing me asking about it?

Think of my ego dammit.

What is your Avatar?
Rune Balot from the anime version of 'Mardock Scramble'. Fun fact, those guns aren't technically guns, they are an artificial intelligence capable of assuming almost any form.

I really like the anime (as well as the book and the manga), and the gif looked cool.

Not really, I just tend to pick avatars/backgrounds and such based upon my current fictional interests. The reason I still have it is because people seem to like it, and it is recognisable (a lot of people seem to remember avatars more than user names).

I had a 'K-On!' one briefly, but some people seemed to feel happier with me using this one, and I am a sucker for bringing joy to people. I kind of want a 'Neon Genesis Evangelion', 'Spice and Wolf' or 'SkullGirls' one though.

Zancrow the God Slayer, because I often get in alot of religious debates on the side of secularism

Legion:
If I answer this then how am I supposed to feed my ego by having people PM'ing me asking about it?

Think of my ego dammit.

What is your Avatar?
Rune Balot from the anime version of 'Mardock Scramble'.

I really like the anime (as well as the book and the manga), and the gif looked cool.

Not really, I just tend to pick avatars/backgrounds and such based upon my current fictional interests. The reason I still have it is because people seem to like it, and it is recognisable (a lot of people seem to remember avatars more than user names).

I had a 'K-On!' one briefly, but some people seemed to feel happier with me using this one, and I am a sucker for bringing joy to people. I kind of want a 'Spice and Wolf' or a 'SkullGirls' one though. The former because I am currently reading the novels, and the latter because the petty part of me knows it will wind up certain people for no good reason.

I always wanted to know what anime your avatar was from but could never man up the courage to ask

Dan Steele:

I always wanted to know what anime your avatar was from but could never man up the courage to ask

I'm not that scary am I?

Although I was joking about the ego thing, it is quite flattering that people show an interest, especially as it means I can recommend one of my favourite anime's.

It's a cow from where I lived a year ago. I liked thepic, since I like cows, and that one looks slightly annoyed, so it's perfect.
No real meaning, apart from that I lived there and kinda miss it.
I use it quite often for some things, but that's that

1. Mine is Chris Farley from the movie Almost Heroes.

2. I chose it because I like Chris Farley's work even if it can be pretty lowbrow. And the eagle scene from which the avatar is from always makes me laugh like a little school girl mostly due to Farley's facial expressions.

3. It has no meaning or importance to me. I chose it because I had to replace my Christmas Mass Effect avatar that was starting to become dated in February.

It's a polar bear.

I was proud that it turned out well and carried more personality than my other stuff.

It's just a model I made from scratch(as in I drew the front and side views of him to use in the modelling process) in college that was fun to make and turned out well. Sadly, the original model was lost in a computer crash.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked