Why Did You Pick Your Avatar?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

This has been done quite some time, but... due to seeing so many change their Avatars along the lines that I like getting to know people little by little (I AM NO STALKER!) then I am happy to make this thread, for we'll get to know what your Avatar means.

Questions:

-What is your Avatar?
    - Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?
    - Does it have any meaning or importance to you?

Example: Mine is Tali from Mass Effect. What's happening is that (because I can alter and create GIFs as I please) she drinks a caramel frappe and crap happens. What's better then punching a bounty hunter like Zaeed and partying so hard that the Asari asks you to please stop. I've played ME1, ME2, and ME3 several times now. Apart from the... hmm, ending... I can't hate everything else about it. Tali is by far the best female character apart from Hanako in Katawa Shoujo. That is why I was tempted to make this for myself. I'm satisfied :}

Saw it on gametrailers 6 years ago. I lol'd at it then put it as my avatar when I joined this sight.

-It's the musical group The Rubberbandits from their Horse Outside video.
-I thought it was kinda funny.
-Not really.

Carbot Animations! Starcrafts season 1!

Carbot animations is awesome and the zergling especially is adorable. He's got a bunch of gifs from the series on his site, so I just took them from there. It doesn't have any meaning or anything, I just like it.

1) Mine is a 1-foot-tall fairy dressed as a corsair.
2) I chose it because it's cute. Also, I like the animation it's from.
3) No. Though it reminds me of that series, which is always good.

Because Gravity Falls was airing at the time. Next one will probably be Venture brothers.
That and this particular scene was easy to put on a loop.
I chose it because I like Gravity Falls.

What is it?: Well it's the death game. Drag the frame to see what caused your death. Simple really. It is also filled with deaths that were obtained from members of the pubclub and others from the forum games.

Why did I choose this monstrosity?: I started to wear it after I found it on memebase a little over a year ago. I had been changing my avatar a lot at that point and I saw it and instantly liked it. A few edits later and then a whole remake later and here I am.

Does it have any meaning or importance to me?: Not really but it is really good at increasing my ego by a lot. People seem to like it a lot or at least enough to PM me how awesome it is. Every time that happens I know that I have a good avatar so it always makes me feel like I am noticed by people.

staika:
snip

Death by Team Rocket. Whelp. Its official. My life sucks.

OT:

Its Hermit from .hack//Quantum.

He is just bloody adorable. That is all. I normally don't like cats but Hermit is adorable. Like just freaking adorable. That its.

It has no special meaning.

What: Simo Hayha

Why: He's one of the greatest snipers of all time.

Important Because: We wasn't a professional soldier, or a trained sniper. He was a hunter and a sportsman that was called up to defend his home from Soviet aggression. He was so good at what he did he struck fear into an entire army. They called in artillery and counter snipers to try and kill him but it all failed. One managed to shoot him in the jaw, but Simo proceeded to kill him before he went unconscious. He woke up the day peace was declared. He also has his own badass theme song.

Caramel Frappe:

Questions:

-What is your Avatar?

My avatar is J.C. Denton from the Deus Ex cover art. Given that this was a gaming forum, I decided representing myself through what is quite possibly my favourite game of all time made sense. It's not a particularly stylish avatar - I've got others I use that I prefer, but aren't gaming related - but it does the trick. The only other thing of note about the avatar is I share not only J.C.'s beginning initials, but a very, very close last name. Somehow, that just makes the whole thing better.

My avatar is Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, which I picked because of how much I love the game. It's my favorite of this generation, and possibly my favorite of all time.

I possibly could go into how I found myself connected to Shulk as a character, but I'm sure I picked him because I view him as the face of the game, not necessarily due to any increased connection to him over the other characters.

It's Dr. Cox from Scrubs.
Take a wiiiiiiiiiiiiild guess.
Not at all.

It's Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy.
Yes I like Fall Out Boy. dealWithIt.png
I made it myself and it wasn't as easy as you'd assume.
It's from the "I don't Care" music video which I like.
I like stuff, I turn stuff into gifs.

What is your Avatar?

My avatar is a charming then startlingly angry Steele from the Universal movie, 'Balto'.

Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?

>_> I feel that people do this expression a-lot. Faking a smile and snarling once they look away. Also, Steele is an incredibly handsome antagonist husky.

Not really, I just thought the gif was pretty rad and recalled that he had a-lot of kind of classic animation throughout the film. Plus, he's a sexy villain, I'm a sexy villain. It works out.

-What is your Avatar?
-This is Elizabeth from Persona 3 making a sick slum dunk! My previous avatar was Chie from Persona 4 and before her Kazuki Takemura from Front Mission 3.

-Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?
-It looks funny and Elizabeth is one of the funniest characters from Persona series. Chie is just my very favorite character from anything ever. And Kazuki is main protagonist from mine favorite game ever.

-Does it have any meaning or importance to you?
-Not really, they are just characters that I'm rather fond of.

Because Empoleon is my favorite pokemon.

I chose it because I wanted to show my favorite pokemon while also showing a "You fail" face.

No real huge significance.

It's an orc portrait image from a little known open source TBS game called Battle for Wesnoth. (Although I'm 99% sure they've since replaced this image.)

It's a callback to the first internet forum I ever signed on to and, well... I just like the grumpy expression on his face.

Shuma-Gorath

To increase my hipster level

He was in MSH,which was my first fighting game.

1. Eddie The Head.

2. Fits with the name.

3. Iron Maiden is my favorite band.

I don't even know what mine is from. Anyone else know?

I stumbled across it randomly. It was titled "average Call of Duty player", which I thought was funny, so I adopted it as my avatar.

IceForce:
I don't even know what mine is from. Anyone else know?

I stumbled across it randomly. It was titled "average Call of Duty player", which I thought was funny, so I adopted it as my avatar.

I believe it's gif from movie "MacGruber"

He's Songbird from Bioshock Infinite.

Just really like Bioshock is all.

It's really hard to see to the point that you probably would never have seen it if I didn't tell you but Elizabeth is in the picture.

It's a smaller version of this picture.

I was looking for a good picture from the game and this one really caught my eye.

TopazFusion:
- Fairly obvious, but it's tetris.

Lies - it's clearly Space Invaders. Source: I can tell from the pixels, and from playing quote a lot Space Invaders in my time.

You could have most people fooled, but not me.

OT:
-What is your Avatar?

An agent of the New World Order as drawn by Leif Jones. Presumably a man in black.

The two franchises I like the most are Legacy of Kain and the World of Darkness. Seeing as my previous avatar was LoK related and I have several to choose from, I decided to go with something WoD for a change as I had none at the time. Out of all of WoD, I like Mage the Ascension the most so I decided to take something from there - the NWO happen to also be one of my favourites. Erm, also, it's quite hard to find WoD artwork that would look good when shrunk down to avatar size - this one was one of the few suitable.

Well...yeah. As I said, I really like the NWO in particular as well as Mage and the WoD in general. Not to mention that I find he men in black just an awesome concept as a whole. Looks awesome and reminds me of my favourite series - I like that.

1: A painting of gentleman outlaw Charles Earl Bowles (better known as Black Bart) wearing the outfit he donned when robbing stage coaches.

2: I think the visage fits my name and personality.

3: The guy is a bit of a hero to me, to be honest.
He carried around a shotgun when doing robberies, but the twist is that he never once had it loaded.
He instead relied on intimidation and his own wits. He was always polite (even to the people he stole from) and was additionally a poet. Despite being quite aged during his robbing days, he was able to cover massive amounts of ground in a short amount of time and survive in the rough for long periods. The authorities were amazed when they figured out his unmasked identity; a polite old gent in a suit with a most humble disposition. He was also born in England.

Quite the guy.
A shame that nobody knows what happened to him after he got out of prison.
He worked on a farm and then walked off into the sunset one day.

1: It's a picture of an adorable bat that I made back in high school.

2: I tend to only use my own original art for avatars, and this was one of the better things I've done (my teacher actually entered the piece that it was a part of into a city-wide art show).

3: Besides the fact that I made this image with my own two hands (and a computer program), bats are simply my favourite animals.

It's a piece of art of Sabitsuki, the player character of the Yume Nikki fan-game '.flow'. One of the very few exceptionally good pieces of artwork I have found of her.

I have a picture of Sabitsuki because I decided to make my username Sabitsuki, and I am short-sighted enough to not consider that it it might be kinda weird if I ever have the desire to have an avatar that is not Sabitsuki.
I chose the name and avatar because, while I adore all of the Yume Nikki related games, '.flow' in particular resonated with me a lot more. I felt like I 'understood' the game better, or at least as much as you possibly can in a game without dialog, text, or any story at all while exploring warped mental worlds. Like the worlds you can explore had some actual understandable connectivity, from my perspective anyway.

Also in general I just adored Sabitsuki's appearance. So there's that.

Caramel Frappe:
This has been done quite some time, but... due to seeing so many change their Avatars along the lines that I like getting to know people little by little (I AM NO STALKER!) then I am happy to make this thread, for we'll get to know what your Avatar means.

Questions:

-What is your Avatar?

Mine is a picture of myself.
Because I thought that's what you were supposed to do for your avatar.
(as a side-note, it has been quite startling to me to discover that many of the beings posting on this site, are not in fact their avatars....I always did wonder how that Tetris game manipulated the keyboard....)
Of course it's important to me! It's who I am!

My avatar is Sonic the Hedgehog, as portrayed in the Wreck-It Ralph movie.

I chose this avatar because I'm a Sonic fan and I always update my avatar when something new with Sonic appears (not counting material that doesn't exist like Sonic Dash).

Aside from the fact that I enjoyed Wreck-It Ralph and Sonic, it doesn't hold any other significance.

My avatar is a three-second clip of "Full Metal Jacket" with doll faces stitched on it, having corrupted itself when I tried to save it to my computer.

I chose it because it made me laugh. Apparently, people think it's unnerving.

It's decently important, as it continues my "gifs that make me laugh but terrify everyone else" line of avatars.

And, of course, there was the Great EEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHing of the Escapist at the end of last year, where a dozen regulars suddenly took up this avatar and ran around causing havoc. It was glorious, but horribly annoying. :D

I saw this video:

I thought 'hey, that looks pretty kickass, I wonder if I can get that GIF'ed...'

Really, it's a straightforward story.

Sabitsuki:
It's a piece of art of Sabitsuki, the player character of the Yume Nikki fan-game '.flow'. One of the very few exceptionally good pieces of artwork I have found of her.

I have a picture of Sabitsuki because I decided to make my username Sabitsuki, and I am short-sighted enough to not consider that it it might be kinda weird if I ever have the desire to have an avatar that is not Sabitsuki.
I chose the name and avatar because, while I adore all of the Yume Nikki related games, '.flow' in particular resonated with me a lot more. I felt like I 'understood' the game better, or at least as much as you possibly can in a game without dialog, text, or any story at all while exploring warped mental worlds. Like the worlds you can explore had some actual understandable connectivity, from my perspective anyway.

Also in general I just adored Sabitsuki's appearance. So there's that.

<high five>

.flow is by far the best "Dreamscape Explorer" game available, totally worth the three hours it took to get it running. It's so deliciously warped.

It's a section from one of Celldweller's kickass albums, Wish Upon A Blackstar. Celldweller is one of my favorite music makers and the art (By some guy called Aaron...something or rather) is really cool so I chose to take this.

It is the nobody symbol from Kingdom Hearts 2.

The reason I picked it and the significance are relatively the same, I picked it when I first came to the escapist because I was a nobody, not important enough to exist. My plan was to change it later when I got used to the escapist more. However after bumming around here for about 3 and a half years, mostly looking at content and only lurking around the forums occasionally, I can say it probably will never change, partially because I'm still a nobody and partially because I've just become attached to it.

Porygon-2000:
I saw this video:

I thought 'hey, that looks pretty kickass, I wonder if I can get that GIF'ed...'

Really, it's a straightforward story.

Haha I remember doing that GIF for yah. It was a very well selected choice, if not having good taste in what you want.
Personally it's mesmerizing. I love watching it because I feel somehow there'll be a 4th hat or something to happen.

Thanks for sharing your story by the way! :)

1) My avatar is one from VG Cats the last time they put out avatar sized pics.
2) I chose it because it was around the time for Halloween and I thought a scary Christmas type would be somewhat relevant.
3) I think it's cursed. I tried changing it to one of the Escapist stock avatars a while ago and it caused the window to crash...TWICE! Since then, I've always meant to change it, but what with school and games, I never got around to figuring it out.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked