More info about Trigger's Kill la Kill revealed.

Original article of Kill la Kill in Escapist: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.407527-Gurren-Lagann-Creative-Team-Reunites-For-New-Anime

Writer Kazuki Nakashima wrote some stuff about Kill la Kill for his Asahi Shinbun column:

-When coming up with the concept, they were very careful to not fall in the "Curse of Gurren-Lagann"; Kill la Kill has a different sort of atmosphere.
-In the most basic terms, Nakashima describes it as a show about the conflict between two super-powered high-school girls.
-(Kamen Rider)Fourze was also a show set in a high-school, but it's completely different from Kill la Kill; Nakashima feels they helped each other define their mutual identities. (In the TBS Radio, he quickly explained these ddifference: Fourze was a happy, cheerful story styled after an American high-school; Kill la Kill is a violent and more dramatic and somber story styled after the Meiji Era.)
-Nakashima doesn't want to sound cocky, but he said he had a lot of fun writing it.
-Despite not being originally inteded, the "amount of heat" is higher than that in Gurren-Lagann.
-Nakashima has done most of the writing himself; the show is more Nakashima-like and Imaishi-like than TTGL.
-The screenplay is already in the end-game; Nakashima is about to start writing the final episode.
-He hopes the fighting spirit of Trigger, who separated from Gainax to form their own company, will be reflected in KLK.

Source: http://dot.asahi.com/column/denjinn/2013053000005.html

Considering the fact that this anime isn't planned by a committee and just spearheaded by Imaishi and Nakashima, it's already easy to tell that Trigger's latest anime is a labor of love just like Little Witch Academia. I'm really looking forward to this series, and I hope it succeeds since Trigger is one of the last few studios that make anime they enjoy, not anime that mainly caters to the lowest common denominator.

Defeated Detective:
I'm really looking forward to this series, and I hope it succeeds since Trigger is one of the last few studios that make anime they enjoy, not anime that mainly caters to the lowest common denominator.

Well, you can't tell me that the inclusion of kick-ass high school girls was just a happy accident, now can you?

But yeah, Little With Academia was the first anime in a long time that I really enjoyed. And I'm looking forward to what else these guys have in store. I'll be interested in seeing if they have as much fanservice restraint in Kill la Kill as they had in LWA.

Casual Shinji:

Defeated Detective:
I'm really looking forward to this series, and I hope it succeeds since Trigger is one of the last few studios that make anime they enjoy, not anime that mainly caters to the lowest common denominator.

Well, you can't tell me that the inclusion of kick-ass high school girls was just a happy accident, now can you?

But yeah, Little With Academia was the first anime in a long time that I really enjoyed. And I'm looking forward to what else these guys have in store. I'll be interested in seeing if they have as much fanservice restraint in Kill la Kill as they had in LWA.

I believe it's just like that because Imaishi just likes it that way, not because it's a popular trend, It's kinda like them going back to their roots with Diebuster and Gunbuster.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked