Random answer generator request and also do you have any eccentricities?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I did a search but nothing came up.

I don't know what everyone else is like on this forum but I am incredibly indecisive and often decide things through coin tosses. However this is often an issue when there are more than two choices, often resulting in myself setting up quarter and semi finals to weed out some before the final showdown between two choices. This is even more of an issue when there are an odd number of choices, requiring myself to choose one that I prefer most out of the 3/5/7 to be placed one stage ahead of the others. This however negates the point as I have chosen one that I prefer and yet I still carry out the heats, often resulting in a different choice that I feel disappointed with.

*ahem*

Sorry, I've gotten a bit distracted. My question is does anyone here know of a website in which I could list all of my choices and it randomly chooses one for me? I've tried google searches but found it rather difficult to actually put what I wanted into a couple of words without a random number generator coming up, I realise that I could assign each choice a number but I am still curious as to whether such a site as I have described exists. Furthermore to this I appear to have revealed a rather strange characteristic about myself so to make myself feel slightly better, does anyone here have strange things that they do in the most mundane situations?

Just go to 4chan and ask, you will get the most bullshit you've ever seen, possibly thrown at you.

Xwii360:
Just go to 4chan and ask, you will get the most bullshit you've ever seen, possibly thrown at you.

As long as they don't recommend 'an hero', I'll agree with this.

Don't know of any. I used to flip coins to make decisions occasionally, but then I realized I would ignore some flips, which showed my subconscious had already made a decision. So now I just try to figure out what my mind has already decided. That's of course only when logic proves useless, as that's always my first resort.

Xwii360:
Gah all the 4chan memes are lost to me due to the fact that I was banned forever for this
Who would have thunk that they found that offensive?

A dead girl getting fucked with maggots and shit everywhere? What the fuck indeed.

Roll a six-sided die instead- more options.

Xwii360:
Gah all the 4chan memes are lost to me due to the fact that I was banned forever for this

Extremely offensive, and inappropriate for this site.

Please don't let this moderator action derail this thread. In other words "Nothing to see here people, move along."

Oh dear sweet jesus, 4chan, i actually found myself feeling better when i made a vow to never set foot there again...

really, after a week or two you remember how you used to feel, before the fall.

I never realized, when i was going there, how much it warps your sense of enjoyment.

ONTOPIC: no idea, your indecision is certainly impressive though.

I have an answer for those who own a DS and a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl game. One of the poketech apps [which utilizes the touch screen gimmick] has a roulette wheel that you can draw on. Therefore you can create reasonably even sections that are designated for the outcomes you desire and spin away. Yes, that's far too much work, but at least the technology exists. Honestly though, you're just looking for a prettier random number generator. Whether or not you give the numbers additional special designations i.e. outcomes is just icing on a cake. I recommend: Roll the dice, move your mice, no one gets hurt.
Also, I like to organize random things. Especially things that aren't mine. And make pretty patterns with them. Whatever it is - OCD, ADD, nerves, fidgets, genius at play - I have it in spades.

Arcadia2000:
Yes, that's far too much work,

That made me chuckle, especially after what I have to end up doing in order to make a decision. Alas I do not own a DS, let alone pokemon diamond/pearl so I cannot do that but it does seem like a really good idea.

The annoying thing is that when I was in 6th Form a few years ago a teacher had a link to a website that did the exact thing that I'm asking for but now I have no way of contacting him, which makes it even more frustrating seeing I know that such a website does exist. Thank you for everyone's replies, bar the 4chan ones.

Sorry, that sounds like a pretty bad decision-making process to me. Also, it's eccentricities. Mine is correcting people's spelling compulsively. Sorry.

Xhumed:
sorry, that sounds like a pretty bad decision-making process to me. Also, it's eccentricities. mine is correcting people's spelling compulsively. sorry.

Xhumed...Capital Letters?

wilsonscrazybed:

Xwii360:

Extremely offensive, and inappropriate for this site.

Please don't let this moderator action derail this thread. In other words "Nothing to see here people, move along."

Have I ever told you you're my hero?

And thanks, Evilbunny, for the warning for those of us who've never visited 4chan.

Tramp, I can't help you with a web site, but if you're that indecisive perhaps you should learn a programming language and write your own random choice program. I see four benefits for you.
First, you learn a useful skill.
Second, it'll burn some time, which might well keep your ass out of trouble. (Hmm, take the ticket or punch the state trooper? Roll D6.)
Third, you get what you want, with near-complete control over features and interface.
Fourth, you can start your web site and seek out others like you. And be their king.

"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance."
Robert R. Coveyou, Oak Ridge National Laboratory

The_root_of_all_evil:

Xhumed:
sorry, that sounds like a pretty bad decision-making process to me. Also, it's eccentricities. mine is correcting people's spelling compulsively. sorry.

Xhumed...Capital Letters?

Sorry I'm typing this while half asleep. :-/ Corrected now.

I found this for you:
http://jklp.org/public/html/choose.html

Doesn't look pretty but it works.

Use Excel.

List & number your choices, then you use a formula like "=int(rand()*X)+1" (where X the number of choices) to pick a number

Then sit back and hit F9 (Calculate) until the choice you want comes up. (Because, let's face it, you've probably already subconciously chosen and will no doubt adjust any choosing process to select this course of action.)

God I love spreadsheets. There is no problem you can't solve with a tender drop of Excel luvvin.

They did a comic story like that for two-face, he moved to dice and then cards I think (from his coin) but he wasn't able to get anything done because of so many choices.
I realise that this has little relevance but I like comics so leave me alone

the_tramp:
My question is does anyone here know of a website in which I could list all of my choices and it randomly chooses one for me?

Just get married--wives are the best source of random, totally illogical choices.

werepossum:
"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance."
Robert R. Coveyou, Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Quote of at least the month. And I've seen some good 'uns lately.

Learn to be more decisive! Seriously, long term indecisiveness will ruin your life. That's not to say that you should make all decisions on a whim, but get in the habit of making trivial decisions quickly and without a fuss. If you're trying to decide something like which restaurant to go to or which direction to take in exploring a building, just pick one and *go*--and don't flip a coin, just allow one to randomly appeal to you more than the other. You'll go out to eat again and you can come back and try the other direction later.

kukuku ^^:
I found this for you:

In a nutshell that is exactly what I want. Thank you very much. I've never been bothered about flashy gimmicks.

kukuku ^^:
I found this for you:

I just used that. Now I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Thank-you.

the_tramp:
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I did a search but nothing came up.

I don't know what everyone else is like on this forum but I am incredibly indecisive and often decide things through coin tosses. However this is often an issue when there are more than two choices, often resulting in myself setting up quarter and semi finals to weed out some before the final showdown between two choices. This is even more of an issue when there are an odd number of choices, requiring myself to choose one that I prefer most out of the 3/5/7 to be placed one stage ahead of the others. This however negates the point as I have chosen one that I prefer and yet I still carry out the heats, often resulting in a different choice that I feel disappointed with.

*ahem*

Sorry, I've gotten a bit distracted. My question is does anyone here know of a website in which I could list all of my choices and it randomly chooses one for me? I've tried google searches but found it rather difficult to actually put what I wanted into a couple of words without a random number generator coming up, I realise that I could assign each choice a number but I am still curious as to whether such a site as I have described exists. Furthermore to this I appear to have revealed a rather strange characteristic about myself so to make myself feel slightly better, does anyone here have strange things that they do in the most mundane situations?

this is for 1-6 random, but you can change it.
If you have a graphing calculator
Prgm
local x
randint(1,6)->x
disp x
endprgm

Holy Necro Thread Batman!

Seriously, I remember this thread being necroed a year ago as well. He got a random answer generator, just let threads that are a year and a half old die already!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked