Those stupid shirts you see people wear

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Admittedly, I tend to wear a lot of novelty shirts...that and a helluva lot of Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, and Hendrix shirts.

"You say Heretic like it's a bad thing."
"Oceanic Airlines: Offering first class flights to remote destinations!" (Lost joke)
"Pastafarian" (with accompanying pic of FSM)
"I cast Dispell Moron...what? You're still here?!"

etc...

I also seem to have more gnome-themed mugs than most people should own.

Most of them are just dumb, and of course I like the one that I wear.

Text is more or less "DON'T STEAL, the government hates competition"

The Don't Steal part is in large red letters with the rest in small white letters below it.

Best one I've seen, and getting, is a man and a woman at the alter, and a caption what says 'GAME OVER'

EmperorDude:
Most stupid/offensive shirt I'm aware of is a baby shirt that said "Daddy's little bastard".

Wow... that doesn't even make me laugh. It just kinda creeps me out.

How about shirts that are supposed to be offensive but really just make you laugh. One of my friends has a shirt that has the pyramids on it and says "Slavery gets shit done."

A lot of t-shirt slogans are actually pretty funny, enough to make me smile, it's just that now I've seen pretty much ALL OF THEM about 2151651565 times.

I usually buy shirts from www.topatoco.com - it's a webcomic site and a lot of the designs there are really cool even if you don't read the comics. Somebody linked a 'ninja's can't catch you if you're on fire' shirt up there, I bought that for a friend for his birthday.

I think the only one I've seen recently that stood out to me was a simple black shirt with plain white lettering which read "This is my favourite t-shirt" then underneath "(I really like it)". I don't know why, but I thought that was awesome.

I own a T-Shirt that says, "Rock is Dead. Long Live Paper. And Scissors." Not sure how much of a douche that makes me.

Having spent a year in an Asian country, I'd say the silliest thing I've ever seen are matching outfits for couples. I mean, come on. There's entire shops dedicated to that sort of thing.

Doesn't help that all the guys in Shanghai carry their girlfriend's purse, either.

My best shirt is my "Maybe if this shirt is witty enough then maybe somebody will finally love me" shirt from XCKD

"My other shirt is Prada"

That actually made me laugh.

Best shirt ever. Merchant from Resident Evil 4 saying one of his many propositions.

http://cache.kotaku.com/images/2006/07/re4_merchant_diy.jpg

i saw one in Japan the other month that said " you say tomato i say F*** You! "

I don't know why but it made me laugh...

I saw one that said 'Quantum physics gives me a hadron'

People like to wear a shirt that has someone else's joke because they suck and can't make one themselves. So they need the joke to pass on its cool points to them. Shirts of popular things like shows or games is okay though, since a joke from the game/show means you support it.

Though the best shirt I have says "Now better in more places" people assume its sexual until they see the back, and its an ad for Rogers wireless or something haha.

I love those Confucius say tee-shirts. I had a friend one upon a time when i was still in school that wore one, it said:

"being a virgin is like being a balloon, one prick all gone"

I seriously couldn't count how many times i laughed at that one.

I dont really hate on shirts so i dont find any of them stupid.

One that makes me wanna punch the hell out of the people who wear them are the "Lead, Follow or Get out of the way" shirts.

All the stupid sex joke shirts aren't for me.

I like the shirt I got for my girlfriend. It says

Resistance is Futile
(if < 1 ohms)

Thinkgeek in general has some funny ones. But in my opinion, wearing a shirt only to be ironic and not because you know what it means makes you a hipster. Which is why I wouldn't wear the < 1 ohm shirt.

I have a shirt with a few lines in Hungarian.
Nobody understand it, not even me.
Every time someone asks me what the hell it means, I make up some random BS story.

i like my shirt "Try not to let your mind wander its much too small to be outside by itself"

i use to have one that said "You have the right to remain silent anything you say will be misquoted and then used against you"

as far as stupid any saying how attractive a girl is.....

thinkgeek and jinx have the best shirts though

I want an "Oh Sheesh, Ya'll twas a dream!" shirt sooooo bad. If anyone knows whats its from we can automatically be friends.

Annoying shirts? Just about every sarcastic or "witty" shirt ever made. Some are genuinely funny.
Many are not

Sturmdolch:
All the stupid sex joke shirts aren't for me.

I like the shirt I got for my girlfriend. It says

Resistance is Futile
(if < 1 ohms)

Thinkgeek in general has some funny ones. But in my opinion, wearing a shirt only to be ironic and not because you know what it means makes you a hipster. Which is why I wouldn't wear the < 1 ohm shirt.

Ohms are a measure of resistance in Physics, if there is less than 1 ohm in a circuit then it's pointless to try to stop the flow of electricity

now you get it, get the shirt

I have seen so many stupid ones I try not to remember but my 2 favorites are:

Groom + Bride = Gameover

I may not be perfect, but I am Canadian and that's close enough

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but Che Guevara shirts are just annoying by now. That guy appears way too often.

Those sarcastic shirts really do speak for themselves.
"I'm sorry, my sense of style decided to take the day off."

And I have no idea why but the Filipinos at my school used to wear Arroyo shirts, I guess there was an election or something.

I have a shirt like that that a friend gave me for christmas, it says

"Im out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?"

fits my personality well, except for the times when I'm wearing that shirt in bed, while in my pyjamas, which is pretty much any day I don't have to leave the house.

I had some good ideas for a shirt reading this thread.

*In really small text*
"If You Can Read This, Please Respect My Personal Space"

"Fact: Something That Is Objectively Correct

Opinion: A Subjective View On A Subject

The Two Are Not Interchangeable"

"Egregious: It Does Not Mean What You Think It Means"

"WARNING:
Grammar Nazi Incoming"

"No, Go On. Tell Me What You Think Of Me. I Care So Much."

"If All Else Fails, Godwin."

"Science: It Is Not Subjective."

*On a white shirt*
Front:"WHITE GUY Has Joined Your Party"
Back:"WHITE GUY Has Left Your Party"

Most lettering shirts are stupid.
One time, however, I saw a pink shirt that said "Don't laugh. This is your girlfriend's shirt." I thought it was pretty funny.

Sentinel10:
I had some good ideas for a shirt reading this thread.

*In really small text*
"If You Can Read This, Please Respect My Personal Space"

"Fact: Something That Is Objectively Correct

Opinion: A Subjective View On A Subject

The Two Are Not Interchangeable"

"Egregious: It Does Not Mean What You Think It Means"

"WARNING:
Grammar Nazi Incoming"

"No, Go On. Tell Me What You Think Of Me. I Care So Much."

"If All Else Fails, Godwin."

"Science: It Is Not Subjective."

*On a white shirt*
Front:"WHITE GUY Has Joined Your Party"
Back:"WHITE GUY Has Left Your Party"

The last one is awesome. However, only people who play games would understand it.

Mydogisblue:
So I don't about any of you guys but in my school I'm constantly seeing people wear T-shirts that have stupid things written on them to try and make the reader laugh. Now I will admit that there are some funny ones that make me chuckle a little, but most of them are just absolutely ridiculous.

So I'd like to know, what's the stupidest T-shirt you've ever seen, and whats the funniest?

Example: Stupidest- Probably the pink ones that say "Tough guys wear pink." Now I have no problem with guys who wear pink shirts, but when they have to announce it on their shirts it's just annoying.

Funniest- I'm not sure if their is one I think is funny, but if I had to choose, It'd probably be the one that says "How do you keep an idiot busy? (see back of shirt). Then when you look on the back it says the exact same thing only instead it'll say (see front of shirt)

So what about you guys?

I hate the ones that are something like "i kissed your boyfriend" or something along those lines... im not sure if they are meant to be funny, but they are stupid none the less.

I use to have a shirt that says "I poke badgers with spoons", it was funny and random.

Don't half the people on this forum like to wear T-Shirts like that?

Such as the Zero Punctuation T-Shirts?

My favourite "funny" shirt is one thats completely black and in white it says "If Found Please Return To Pub".

Stupid shirts I don'tlike are...I don't know.

Nah! There are loads of funny shirts out there, but yeah, there are totally some that need to be burnt.

"The funny thing about this T-Shirt, is that by the time you've finished reading it, you will have only just notice that it doesn't have anything funny to say". That's not it word for word but you get the idea. I thought it was funny anyways.

I'm currently wearing a T-Shirt that says "Mint innit". Was bought from a phonetic somerset T-Shirt shop in Bristol. I bought it because they're two words I've used thousands and thousands of times in my life to make fun of chavs.

"You have gained 1 Reading skill point."
"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't."

Those are the only two things I saw that were worth posting, and I still won't wear a shirt like that.
Just watch. 20 years from now, people will be making fun of this generation for wearing shirts with statements on them in an attempt to be unique or witty.

Stupidest: "I eat pussy like a fat kid eats cake"(I'm not kidding, the kid wore it on a civvies day and got suspended)

Funniest: "+1 Shirt" (You can find other nerds with it! They laugh, non-nerds don't get it)

I saw a guy wearing a funny one not long ago. It said:
"Be nice to fat people, one day they will save your life"
It then showed you a picture of a T-Rex eating a fat guy and a skinny guy running away. I did have a good chuckle at it.

I like Plain Lazy ones, I feel it gives people a fiar warning before they actually talk to me. Plus they have some rather good ones, eg "Make Tea Not War" and "Undercover Genius".

Oh and the Bristolian ones you can get in St Nick's market are always good, they've got stuff like "Alright my luvver?" and "Cheers Drive" on them. Trust me, it's funny if you know any Bristolians. Or live in/near bristol.

I saw one today that says: "I'm not a doctor, but can I examine you?"

I thought it was funny. I have one that has the rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock diagram from The Big Bang Theory on it. Great conversation starter.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked