The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 71 NEXT

Labyrinth:

*sniff*

it's... it's... so very beautiful...

Eviljoe and Ultrajoe approve. A rare union of minds that all agree that this it pure awesome.

If epic was a liquid this shit would be drowning

Puppeteer Putin:
*SNIP*
Ooo I like. Fantastic colour palette. Maybe a bit strong, but I like it.

The compression has done that, the picture is meant to be 3264x2448 and is 1.68MB, it has been compressed to 604x453 and is 33.7KB. It basically the same but that's as good as it gets.

Thank you for the compliment, I was trying to get really strong colours and it looks like I hit my mark.

Labyrinth:

Now that's just fucking beautiful.

Alright, I might as well add my little collection of photos, and maybe a couple of mediocre poems. I'd post some of my prose, but I've just hit a crucial stage of development where all my new stuff is still under construction and I'm ashamed of all my old stuff.

Now for my subpar attempts at poetry. Trust me, I'm a prose guy.

If I get to finishing a chapter or so of the story I'm working on, I'll be sure to post it here as well.

Hmm... May as well. I was screwing around with both photoshop and my camera, but didn't have anything to photograph, so I ended up taking one of my stools.

My family is full of artists, and we have a 20% suicide rate...coincidence?

I've been messing around with my tablet lately. After a good 12 hours of work I produced this. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Some of you may know that I want to go into concept art, this was the first step in the right direction I've had in a while. Anyway, its called "Master of the Hunt".

HERE YE HERE YE! Escapist has a competition for all budding artists to enter. Go forth and create!

Fightgarr:
I've been messing around with my tablet lately. After a good 12 hours of work I produced this. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Some of you may know that I want to go into concept art, this was the first step in the right direction I've had in a while. Anyway, its called "Master of the Hunt".

That's really good actually. I think there should be a little more contrast around the 'eyes' though, they could use standing out.

I can agree with that. Its the lighting issues that were plaguing me. I think it will be fixed when I convert it into colour at another time.

The woman looks like you went to painstaking lengths to make her look realistic, yet like a doll.

Unfortunately, I have nothing impressive to show, really. All I really have are concepts:

I'll post more when I have the time.

I can't wait 'till I get my scanner to work. I'll show off the margins of my class notes. XD

Adam Jenson:
If I've done my job right, then every male should be feeling a tad uncomfortable right now

I suppose you did not because I did not feel anything, although I will say you are good artist.

I always wished I could draw however I had despised drawing growing up and never bothered to learn, nonetheless my talent is literary work. I really ought to begin working on my old projects, I have placed them on a hiatus for over a year now. Anyhow I'll post the link to where I decided to start keeping a few lately since even my short work has a tendency to be quite long and I would rather not clog the topic.

http://bourne.rpgcafe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9#p9
http://bourne.rpgcafe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6#p6

Please keep in mind they are a rough draft about a character I was to use on a roleplaying sim.

So, because I haven't finished anything worth while and can't post my comic until I get my scanner working, I'll post a work I did for the Photoshop mash up that I finished too late to enter.

Well, here it is. The final colored image that I've been procrastinating/working hard on.
A colored version of an image I posted earlier in this thread.

TheNecroswanson:
Well, here it is. The final colored image that I've been procrastinating/working hard on.
A colored version of an image I posted earlier in this thread.

Awesome. He even has the black metal scowl going, for all he lacks the appropriate eyeliner and eyeshadow.

Figgered I might as well post couple of mine...

That one (like, unfortunately, most of my recent renderings) was actually done for work - it was intended to show off the armor and sword I had recently finished.

This is an oooold sculpt I had done (ignore the dirty fingernails, I had just come in from the yard, working, when I took the pic). A company I had connections with was going to try to make a 15mm scale tabletop wargame of Aliens vs Predators vs Marines. Unfortunately, the game fell through when the rights were determined to be a complete mess, and though they had been promised them, they could not secure them. That was intended to be an Alien Queen, pre-separated to be molded in three parts - the body, the crest, and the tail. I used Kneadite putty (aka Greenstuff) on a paperclip 'skeleton'.

This one is a link, because the image is just too big:

http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?/gallery/user/vi/&mid=117621&aid=1832

WARNING! NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Click on the picture to see the full sized image.

This was actually an entry in a contest judged by Frank Frazetta Jr, to re-create his father's style in 3D. I made it to the top 30 (out of about 750 entries or so), but otherwise didn't place.

Valandar:
http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?/gallery/user/vi/&mid=117621&aid=1832

Link doesn't work.

Valandar:
Figgered I might as well post couple of mine...

That one (like, unfortunately, most of my recent renderings) was actually done for work - it was intended to show off the armor and sword I had recently finished.

That's just cool. I made a 3D model awhile back for a school project:

Currently I've been whipping out small avatars for my friends, attempting to portray their personality, likes, interests.

Puppeteer Putin:
*Snip*[/spoiler]

Hey, think I'd be able to score an Avatar? Those are pretty sweet.

I did this for the photoshop competition.

Labyrinth:

Puppeteer Putin:
*Snip*[/spoiler]

Hey, think I'd be able to score an Avatar? Those are pretty sweet.

Perhaps, depends on who wins the Jan/Feb art competition... if you get my drift.

But seriously, sure. Once I've finished my entry I think I'll work on one. May I add you to MSN? I may need some more inspiration other than posts about male sexism and human evolution.

Cartoony drawings...

Mouse

Eagle

Clowns!

Leviathan

Oh, it's nice to see other Escapists being artistically inclined : D
I myself is currently taking an art course in Oslo, Norway, and for those who're (if any xP) interested in seeing some of my work, I humbly ask to visit my DeviantArt site ( www.spitfiremarka1.deviantart.com ), seeing as I'm too lazy to put up everything here in spoiler tags xD (Which I dunno how to apply yet either... *noobish me*)

Early on in my gallery you'll see mostly pencil drawings, until I started experimenting in Photoshop, eventually buying my much beloved Wacom tablet, and is now a steadfast Photoshop user XD;

Also, my gallery is heavily fantasy related, so you're warned! XP

A while ago I went to a concert by Icelandic post-rock band Sigur Ros. The lead guitarist snapped the cello bow he was using at one point, and tossed it into the crowd. I scored myself a sizable chunk, and not very long after, made the necklace below. It's special.

Waxed cotton, wood beads and the end of a bow. Ohhh yeahh.

I draw flowers (roses, mostly), because unlike pretty much everything else (in my eyes) it doesn't have to be perfectly proportioned n' such. Also, skeletons. Mostly skulls, but those aren't very detailed, so there's something I need to work on.
No pictures, unfortunately. And I lost the urge to draw on the spot after I had to leave art class.

I know it's incomplete but I just wanted to pass the time when I was bored nothing to do.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1417251&id=580462900

-flexes arms and does silly macho poses- I guess I'll post now. /kidding

Hey ma! Look what I can paint~

I did this in college outta sheer boredom. I love it. :3

I like ninjas and crosshatching.

My workspace, which generally consist of my floor or bed.

Sorry if it's like huge, it's a desktop picture and apparently imageshack didn't want to resize it. ;-; But it's a simple desktop wallpaper done in Photoshop. Jackson Pollock is one of my favorite artist of all time.

Part of my boyfriend's Christmas gift. He loves Yotsuba so, I drew her for him. Lol. He loves it. This isn't the finished version, but I haven't uploaded it yet.

I have tons more but, I think 6 should be suffice for now. I'll post more later so I don't drown you all with my artwork. >:V

I wish i had anything to post... But I gave up drawing years ago due to a certain shitty teacher taking over my old art school and I guess it kinda turned me off drawing and painting overall.

I do attempt some writing... But I'd say it's mostly bad at this point and doesn't deserve to be posted.

Maybe I should take up art again before it's too late . . .

The faces you see in crowds. Decided to make him a bit more totemic though.

Random stuff and COLOSSUS!

Dean Donlowe was once the Assistant District Attorney of New Bedlam before he was chosen by the Phaelon Confederacy to represent the Earth as a Sentinel, an interstellar police force.

....ITS IN MY DNA PEOPLE! I CAN'T HELP IT!

Lets put a smile on that face!

Quehh, I feel minuscule!
But these are just a few that I did during class.

http://fc30.deviantart.com/fs26/i/2009/030/5/9/Haruhara_Haruko_by_onbin.jpg
Haruhara from FLCL

http://fc50.deviantart.com/fs25/i/2009/030/2/3/Geisha_by_onbin.jpg
A Geisha lady.

And then... (if you think Naruto is stupid, don't click)
http://onbin.deviantart.com/art/Nagisa-of-the-Mist-78666718
Lmao, I'm a Narutard, I'm sorry.

This makes me want to start drawing again.

Onbin- You got a really good handle on Manga. The anatomy on the Naruto one is way of though but I don't know if thats the way it is in the show.

So, this is some fan work I did.
A fan of whom you ask? Why Ken Wong, an artist.
He had an old website that I used to frequent nearly daily dedicated to his own American McGee's Alice.
I can't find the website, but here is the original,
and here is mine:

Not really happy with this one.

Born from Destruction!

Not many people know that The Hulk was partly based on Frankenstein. I wanted that to show.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked