The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 71 NEXT

Fightgarr:
Labby, how did you manage to do that colouring without a tablet and keep your sanity?

Ctrl+Z, I imagine.

Fightgarr:
Labby, how did you manage to do that colouring without a tablet and keep your sanity?

My wrist hurts like a motherfucker.

meatloaf231:
Ctrl+Z, I imagine.

I swear, that is the only reason I didn't print it out and colour it by hand.

Shade Jackrabbit:

pokkuti:
Hello again. I see lot of goodies coming up here.
Here's my update. The battle scene of the protagonist fighting with Harbinger.

This is the older version.

Here's the detail image of the Harbinger.

And this one is the Protagonist, an androgynous guardian angel ....thing.

Comment and crits are welcome. Especially the angel guy.

Great work on the art. The angel guy looks pretty good, although more demony than angely; the teeth and fire kind of give off that effect.

The harbinger looks really valorous, kinda like a more sci-fi version of the classic knight. The lightning in his pics really works well, and the arcing in the new version looks a lot better than in the old one.

I'm not entirely sure if it's what you intended, but the angel guy looks pretty evil, and the harbinger fairly "good".

---

Also, just an update on my work as well. Just completed another piece that I could use some critique on.

He's not the real angel, some kind of guardian, created by reverse engineering from long lost civilization or alien race. That Harbinger guy is the evil one.

Avida:

pokkuti:
Hello again

Hiya, your art is brilliant :) what tablet do you use?

Thanks. I use Wacom Intuos3.

Love me, Adam.

Labyrinth:

Love me, Adam.

Thanks Labbie! I love it! I am forever in your debt. You ever want a portrait just say the word!

Adam Jenson:
Thanks Labbie! I love it! I am forever in your debt. You ever want a portrait just say the word!

Actually, would I be able to put this up on my DeviantART? I will, of course, credit you with the original sketch. What would you like me to put the credit as?

Labyrinth:

Adam Jenson:

Actually, would I be able to put this up on my DeviantART? I will, of course, credit you with the original sketch. What would you like me to put the credit as?

Just Adam Jenson would be fine.

Cool Thread

Here's some of my work
http://paul89.viewbook.com/

Brotherofwill:
Cool Thread

Here's some of my work
http://paul89.viewbook.com/

The project drawings in your gallery are really rather awesome. I envy your anatomical sketching skill.

Yay. Micron pen, construction paper, Bristol paper. Nom nom. Go me.

Damn, it's been a long time since I've visited this thread. Last time I was here I got sidetracked by the art compitition. Tons of great stuff has come up, but I'm afraid I can't mention individual things due to time constraints.

I can, however, bring you some space art I threw together recently.

I'll dig up some more stuff and post it eventually.

Recently added this to my DeviantArt page, So I figured why not share it here too?

It's basically just informing people of my fear of what the snow in the UK has become, which is:
Frozen Death.

Alright, I'm finally adding to this thread. I'm an art student so I should have a long time ago. I'm currently doing a 3D project on the human body so once my final piece is done, I'll post up some pictures of it.

Until then, here's some more game related stuff. I'm just got Shadow of the Colossus yesterday (holy shit is that game good!) and this idea just popped into my head. Heres the colossus that never made the final cut.

More stuff coming.

SomeBritishDude:
Alright, I'm finally adding to this thread. I'm an art student so I should have a long time ago. I'm currently doing a 3D project on the human body so once my final piece is done, I'll post up some pictures of it.

Until then, here's some more game related stuff. I'm just got Shadow of the Colossus yesterday (holy shit is that game good!) and this idea just popped into my head. Heres the colossus that never made the final cut.

More stuff coming.

Aren't there already 16 colossi? And there's a secret one too. So this is 18 I think.

Fightgarr:

SomeBritishDude:

More stuff coming.

Aren't there already 16 colossi? And there's a secret one too. So this is 18 I think.

Really? Arn't you told to kill 15? If I'm wrong thats great, I only had about 3 to go.

SomeBritishDude:

Fightgarr:

SomeBritishDude:

More stuff coming.

Really? Arn't you told to kill 15? If I'm wrong thats great, I only had about 3 to go.

There are definitely 16, and I hear that if you beat time attack on hard then Wander is strong enough to ascend to the top of the temple where there is a secret garden and (apparently) a 17th fight.

Matrix is cool, don't you think?

Labyrinth:

Notable Poster indeed.

Fightgarr:

Labyrinth:

Notable Poster indeed.

Why of course! Who else?

I'm currently bouncing off the moon because a local independent gallery has decided to display two of my works in their upcoming show. WOOOO!!! Foxy Foxy and The Truth Of Femininity (Renamed: Woman) are going up, with price tags of $180 and $120 respectively.

This is my first display so I'm rather overjoyed. Do excuse any excessive hyperactivity.

Labyrinth:
I'm currently bouncing off the moon because a local independent gallery has decided to display two of my works in their upcoming show. WOOOO!!! Foxy Foxy and The Truth Of Femininity (Renamed: Woman) are going up, with price tags of $180 and $120 respectively.

This is my first display so I'm rather overjoyed. Do excuse any excessive hyperactivity.

Congratulations Labby!

Labyrinth:

That's great. I'm very happy for you. My first show was really exciting too. Is there going to be an opening reception? Those are always fun. On the topic of shows, I'm having one of my paintings also go on display very soon. I'd post a picture but I don't own a camera. What kind of pieces are you displaying (drawings? paintings? mixed media?) and what are the themes? I would love to see them. Be sure to tell us about how they are received as well. Indeed, we must hear everything.

Fightgarr:
What kind of pieces are you displaying (drawings? paintings? mixed media?) and what are the themes? I would love to see them. Be sure to tell us about how they are received as well. Indeed, we must hear everything.

Both acrylic paintings. I'll let you know how they're received on Thursday.

Adam Jenson:
Congratulations Labby!

Thanks!

Wow these drawing are incredible and im glad i visited this thread!

Labyrinth:

Bouncing off the moon? Careful on re-entry to the atmosphere, I've heard that can hurt.

Also: Congratulations! You are now an established artist, and have a legitimate excuse to act snobbishly!

i think i'm going to hang fire for a bit before i show any of my stuff.

amazing work everyone i just got inspired for my project again ^_^

Just yesterday I made a brotherhood of steel paladin, an 8-bit mario, a portal, vault-boy, and tim from braid. And they all looked amazing!

Zemalac:
Bouncing off the moon? Careful on re-entry to the atmosphere, I've heard that can hurt.

Also: Congratulations! You are now an established artist, and have a legitimate excuse to act snobbishly!

Thanks. Since when do I need an excuse for that?

Labyrinth:

That si awesome, i remember my local library hosted a show for my work (I had to paint a mural on their elder teens section first) and i got to meet the Mayor of where i live, it was pretty awesome..
They didn't pay me though...

Although a design company sometimes commissions me for travel brochures and cartoon characters, So far only had one job from though, but that landed me 175, so i wasn't gonna complain.

but no seriously, that is bloody brilliant Labby, Just keep at it! xD
[EDIT]:

Also got this to show off,

So, I finally got back to work on this:

So, after fuck forever, here is page 2. Eat it.

It may be difficult to read because Photobucket will only allow me to put it on at a certain size. there is a larger version on my DeviantArt.

Those Early Hours

Insomnia called 3am
(best of friends you see)
to say Hey
party at LaCoil's place
The Wild Ones are there
(Caffeine and Sugar)
tearing shit up.
Won't be down for days
after this
4am might drop by
to say Hey
party now at 5am's.
Nicotine's not invited
but the three of you
are welcome
Says 6am
Sunrise came
to say Hey
heard you won't be
getting any sleep tonight.

Critiques welcome.

Labyrinth:
Those Early Hours

Insomnia called 3am
to say Hey
party at LaCoil's place
The Wild Ones are there
(Caffeine and Sugar)
tearing shit up.
Won't be down for days
after this
4am might drop by
to say Hey
party now at 5am's.
Nicotine's not invited
but the three of you
are welcome
Says 6am
Sunrise came
to say Hey
heard you won't be

Critiques welcome.

Fine poem, this is. I know exactly what kind of night you're talking about. The only thing I'd say is odd is the capitalization, which is kind of randomly used. Or maybe I'm missing something? It seems to interrupt the flow a little when you capitalize something In the middle of a scentance.

On a totally different subject...more art!

Zemalac:

Labyrinth:
Those Early Hours

Insomnia called 3am
to say Hey
party at LaCoil's place
The Wild Ones are there
(Caffeine and Sugar)
tearing shit up.
Won't be down for days
after this
4am might drop by
to say Hey
party now at 5am's.
Nicotine's not invited
but the three of you
are welcome
Says 6am
Sunrise came
to say Hey
heard you won't be

Critiques welcome.

Fine poem, this is. I know exactly what kind of night you're talking about. The only thing I'd say is odd is the capitalization, which is kind of randomly used. Or maybe I'm missing something? It seems to interrupt the flow a little when you capitalize something In the middle of a scentance.

On a totally different subject...more art!

The only thing wrong with it is the guy in the back, his left hand is facing the wrong way, but besides that it's good.

...I can't believe I didn't notice that.

Fortunately, I believe I can fix it. Thanks for telling me.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked